Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL fucked us over again (redux)  (Read 100077 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:57:41 PM

Amusing thought. Josh Zerlan is going to escape prosecution from his ground-breaking, epic douchebaggery and fraudulent behavior while employed at Butterfly Labs, and Jody Drake is going to take the fall for him.

... and I don't see Jody as the type of person to sing like a canary.

I actually warned Jody Drake about the behavior of their employee. She revised the incident after being made aware and more or less couldn't see the problem. So she can't plead ignorance. Too many witnesses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:22:12 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 06:34:00 PM by Gleb Gamow

Amusing thought. Josh Zerlan is going to escape prosecution from his ground-breaking, epic douchebaggery and fraudulent behavior while employed at Butterfly Labs, and Jody Drake is going to take the fall for him.

... and I don't see Jody as the type of person to sing like a canary.

I actually warned Jody Drake about the behavior of their employee. She revised the incident after being made aware and more or less couldn't see the problem. So she can't plead ignorance. Too many witnesses.

Au contraire, from the desk of Mr. So Isolated. I just got off the phone after a close to two-hour convo (on a Sunday, no less), and it seems that at least two (not one) entities are highly interested in the doings of a certain lyin'-ass cockroach, with the other actors a given including Mr. JSO and his Rusky connections.

Aside, I didn't know that Sonny sold the BFL-house. I'm goin' guess and say that sometime in the future somebody's goin' get a good deal at auction on the BTC-House.

Yep, just like Dennis Hastert (lives ~5 miles from me) was warned during the Sexting Gate episode in the House:

"I am glad the committee made clear that there was no violation of any House rules by any Member or staff."

Choirs: Mr. Speaker, members of the House are fucking the male Pages!
DH: Whatever. <Damn, I miss coaching them young boys in Yorkville, IL.>
Shattered I Socket

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 08:23:53 PM

Maybe we should ask bcp19 what it was like to help Sonny move his stuff out of his home...
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:54:31 PM

Maybe we should ask bcp19 what it was like to help Sonny move his stuff out of his home...

Why bother? Bruce'll just lie and say that Sonny didn't cry durin' the haulin' out of the last box to the awaitin' rental moving van.

Bruce Peterson makes me sick! That fucker is paid a full military pension for his efforts in defending the US against any and all threats while side-by-side with fellow soldiers, but now in civilian life, that same fucker teams up with a myriad other ex-servicemen to fuck the holy shit outta folks they all once defended, and have lied literally thosands of times to our faces that they are/were operating on the up-and-up. I wonder if BFL still has that fucktard around, perhaps haulin' all the paper files to a bonfire destroying evidence under the guise of just enjoying a late-night wienie roast in BFL's parking lot while Dave McClain shows up his cartwheel prowess to take away from anybody noticing his glow-in-the-dark moles.
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:11:24 PM

Amusing thought. Josh Zerlan is going to escape prosecution from his ground-breaking, epic douchebaggery and fraudulent behavior while employed at Butterfly Labs, and Jody Drake is going to take the fall for him.[...]

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:52:20 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 11:51:32 PM by PuertoLibre

Well, I don't mind that Jody takes the fall for Josh. I mean, the woman is an enlightened being. She can take one for the team. Not like she has much of a choice either on this matter.

If she sells her ranch I am sure someone will donate a new one. I mean that is how it works with people who have as much karma credit power as her.

But I would like my cake and to be able to eat it too? Justice is said to be blind and armed with a double edged sword. I just want to have her swinging like one of those spartans out of 300.

MonumentalAsshole

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:54:01 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 05:30:00 AM by MonumentalAsshole

Welcome to Karma Cafe bitch. No menus for you. You'll get served what you deserve. Your future seems very bright Roll Eyes
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:44:02 PM

FUCK BFL...............................................Jody Josh Sonny BCP and the lot

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:25:55 AM

In contrast to my previous posts, I'm not planning on spending much space in this one proving that Butterfly Labs should think twice before it decides to introduce absurd, baseless, terror-ridden lawsuits intended to destroy the lives of countless innocent people. Most people already seem to understand that. Instead, I'll be discussing its sophomoric, confused arguments and how it uses them to destroy any resistance by channeling it into ineffective paths. For complete details, I refer you to many already existing threads on that. I shall here mention only a few random items that may be new or especially interesting to you. For instance, if we're not careful, its pretentious mind games will throw us into a third world war in a matter of days.

Given a choice of having Butterfly Labs install a feudal enclave in the midst of the Bitcoin space that pledges allegiance to its deplorable phalanx of reprehensible, ill-tempered soi-disant do-badders or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. Butterfly Labs's campaigns of terror are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause. Butterfly Labs occasionally shows what appears to be warmth, joy, love, or compassion. You should realize, however, that these positive expressions are more feigned than experienced and invariably serve an ulterior motive, such as to subject people to daily verbal, behavioral, and environmental indignities. Griping about Butterfly Labs will not make it stop trying to start wars, ruin the environment, invent diseases, and routinely do a hundred other things that kill people. But even if it did, it would just find some other way to disparage and ridicule our traditional heroes and role models. If Butterfly Labs got its way, it'd be able to lay all of society open to the predations of organized criminality. Brrrr! It sends chills down my spine just thinking about that.

We must reveal some shocking facts about Butterfly Labs's ballyhoos. If we do, then perhaps a brighter day will dawn on planet Earth. Perhaps people will open their eyes and see that in this world, there are twisted, stupid blusterers. There are undiplomatic nithings. There are scum who walk like men. And then there is Butterfly Labs. Of those, I avouch that Butterfly Labs is the most malignant because it's doing some pretty self-centered things. Or, to restate that without meiosis, Butterfly Labs wants to exercise both subtlety and thoroughness in managing both the Bitcoins and miners that gets presented to us. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom then you should be working with me to answer the ill-bred boors who promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk.

The concept of risk includes the relationship between the consequences and probability of an event. If the consequences of an event are extremely negative, such as the devastation resulting from Butterfly Labs mollycoddling loopy twits, then you want the probability of the event occurring to be vanishingly small, as close to zero as possible. Unfortunately, the likelihood of Butterfly Labs playing on people's conscious and unconscious belief structures is so high that one can't help but conclude that it has been brought to my attention that within the deleterious milieu of mammonism exists the opportunity for it to goad querimonious, rebarbative-to-the-core lip flappers into hurling epithets at its critics. While this is unequivocally true, it has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that what's scary is that it has had some success at taking away our sense of community and leaving us morally adrift. Even worse, it seems likely that Butterfly Labs will launch a salvo of pushy propositions against the somber, oppressed masses in the near future if it so deigns to undermine solemn humanity. Although things may seem dark now, Butterfly Labs can't prevent the sun from rising. It can't prevent me from writing that its cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good.

Butterfly Labs and its expositors are, by nature, insipid rabble-rousers. Not only can that nature not be changed by window-dressing or persiflage, but Butterfly Labs bites the hand that feeds it. Please re-read and memorize that sentence if you still believe that Butterfly Labs is a refined organization with the soundest ethics and morals you can imagine.

All I can tell you is what matters to me: Butterfly Labs likes ruses that implement a fickle parody of justice called “Butterfly Labs-ism”. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that Butterfly Labs has repeatedly indicated a desire to exhibit cruelty to bitcoiners. Is that the sound of rarefied respectability that Butterfly Labs's apple-polishers so frequently attribute to Butterfly Labs? The reckless blathering of a conniving goldbrick is more like it. In fact, Butterfly Labs's grand plan is to bring discord, confusion, and frustration into our personal and public lives. I'm sure Mao Tse Tung would approve. In any case, Butterfly Labs deeply believes that everyone who is inviting all the people who have been harmed by Butterfly Labs to continue to express and assert their concerns in a constructive and productive fashion has a dark, ulterior motive for doing so. It may suit Butterfly Labs's world view to assume that the intentions of its castigators are malicious, but unless it can read minds, it's difficult to impossible for anyone to verify that assumption. Hence, let me make the counterproposal that the reality is that it frequently accuses its detractors of funding a vast web of vainglorious, petty quodlibetarians (in the most ironic fashion!), warped, frightful half-wits, and the most barbaric grobians you'll ever see. This is yet another example of the growing lack of civility in our civil discourse that ranges from the volage-brained to the cynical and even grumpy. In a more proper debate, one would instead politely point out that over the past couple of years I have had occasion to evaluate Butterfly Labs's sottises in terms of their ability to kill the goose bearing the golden egg. What I have delineated shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that trying to keep Butterfly Labs from reducing our modern, civilized, industrialized society to a state of mindless, primitive barbarism is a sucker's game. No matter how hard we try to stop it, it'll always find some new way to waste our time and money.

Butterfly Labs may attempt to insist that only one or two members of its entire entourage are vile lobcocks. Only one or two members? This is, to put it charitably, an understatement of the facts. It would be far more accurate to say that Butterfly Labs keeps saying that without its superior guidance, we will go nowhere. This is exemplary of the nonsensical rhetoric and scaremongering that typifies the language of officious ingrates and other dysfunctional, overweening kooks. A large number of people are immensely outraged at Butterfly Labs. Butterfly Labs should ask itself what it has done to incur such wrath. One possibility is that Butterfly Labs is interpersonally exploitative. That is, it takes advantage of others to achieve its own maledicent ends. Why does it do that? The answer should be self-evident so let me just point out that I personally am growing weary of Butterfly Labs's repeated claims that it is a paragon of morality and wisdom. Here, I invoke the Royal Society's famous motto, Nullius in verba: take no one's word for it. That is, we should rely not on opinions but on objective information as has been made available in this forum to determine whether or not Butterfly Labs's remonstrations are dotty by any measure. Given that they're intended to create a factitious demand for Butterfly Labs's inarticulate grievances, they come close to being a crime.

Butterfly Labs' superficial, froward diatribes are a shout to the world that, any day now, Butterfly Labs will advocate its Ponzi schemes amid a hue and cry as mendacious as it is avaricious. In this case, one cannot help but recall that Butterfly Labs's reportages are all too often clad in the lazy garb of Comstockism. I hardly need to add that its crew loves befuddling the public and making sin seem like merely a sophisticated fashion. This is nothing less than a betrayal of the many by the few. Needless to say, we must expose some of Butterfly Labs's beggarly, piteous deeds. If we fail then all of our sacrifices and all of the dreams and sacrifices of our forebears will have been in vain. The key is to realize that Butterfly Labs keeps trying to deceive us into thinking that it would never dream of converting freedom of speech from a human right into a tool of oppression that must be blunted by force. The purpose of this deception may be to impose orthodoxy and suppress dissent. Oh what a tangled web Butterfly Labs weaves when first it practices to deceive.

Okay, I've written enough for one post, so let me just finish by saying that the world would be better off if Butterfly Labs had never been created.
Leeroy Jenkins (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:44:44 AM

Jody Josh Sonny BCP and the lot

Just to make sure that this is included in "the lot": Jeff

Federal Trade Commission vs Butterfly Labs

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
MonumentalAsshole

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:06:57 AM

Jody you look so beautiful. You are the man I always dreamed of.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:23:28 AM

Tip from the bloggersphere received.

Top BFL developer (Luke-Jr) and Bitcoin enthusiast releases terrible news on the status of mining by the GH/s!

Note that Nitrowolf (aka Josh/Inaba) does not refute this.

Source link: http://redd.it/392jhc
Unmodified screen capture: https://i.imgur.com/CFP7BZF.png

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:38:05 AM

Top BFL developer (Luke-Jr) and Bitcoin enthusiast releases terrible news on the status of mining by the GH/s!

Are you joking, or did you mean "top bitcoin core developer"?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:28:20 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 07:01:12 AM by Bicknellski

http://mineforeman.com/2013/04/02/luke-jr-shows-off-the-first-butterly-labs-asic-bitcoin-miner/

Code:
Luke-Jr developer of the popular BFGMiner bitcoin mining software 
has spent a bit of time at Butterfly Labs headquarters working on
driver support for their new ASIC bitcoin mining devices and has
released photos today on BitcoinTalk showing us photos of what
he says is a prototype Butterfly Labs Little Single ASIC hashing.

I think it is dead accurate. He was the only PAID mining driver developer for BFL. How soon we all forget the April 1st, 2013 BET shenanigans right?

Code:
As a final note the post was made on April 01, 2013 at 06:36:32 PM 
so while Luke-Jr seems to be earnest in his statements it could
turn out to be one of the cruelest April Fools joke in bitcoins short history.

By the way... th/s is a joke now... you need petahash to even get started in the mining game and really cheap power say less than 3 cents a kwh. Sichuan, China... is where you will see this going on follow this thread get off reddit and get away from Luke Jr. / Nitrowolf (Inaba/Josh Zerlan) and please we all know the EMC as pool is dead right? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072474.msg11468891#msg11468891.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:41:08 AM

http://mineforeman.com/2013/04/02/luke-jr-shows-off-the-first-butterly-labs-asic-bitcoin-miner/

Code:
Luke-Jr developer of the popular BFGMiner bitcoin mining software 
has spent a bit of time at Butterfly Labs headquarters working on
driver support for their new ASIC bitcoin mining devices and has
released photos today on BitcoinTalk showing us photos of what
he says is a prototype Butterfly Labs Little Single ASIC hashing.

I think it is dead accurate. He was the only PAID mining driver developer for BFL. How soon we all forget the April 1st, 2013 BET shenanigans right?

Code:
As a final note the post was made on April 01, 2013 at 06:36:32 PM 
so while Luke-Jr seems to be earnest in his statements it could
turn out to be one of the cruelest April Fools joke in bitcoins short history.

By the way... th/s is a joke now... you need petahash to even get started in the mining game and really cheap power say less than 3 cents a kwh. Sichuan, China... is where you will see this going on follow this thread get off reddit and get away from Luke Jr. / Nitrowolf (Inaba/Josh Zerlan) and please we all know the EMC as pool is dead right? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072474.msg11468891#msg11468891.

Ironic, that last link. That's what I've been working on for the past two days. See my post history.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:35:31 AM

Cheesy

I knew he would fill in the gap. Admitting that you can't make money on their "Mining by the Gh/s" product is just bad fodder for the lawyers.

Just goes to show you they still do read this thread every day.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:48:48 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 02:57:24 AM by PuertoLibre

Actually, he is right, but the context is wrong.

If you sell GH/s by the piece meal, yes, you can make money off your customers. No matter what happens, BFL got yours.

Now if you are the one buying it, then no, like Luke-Jr (Top [Paid] BFL Bitcoin developer) said, you'll never make any money.

I'd challenge BFL to show that any single customer has made a positive return on their purchase of "Mining by the GH/s" product in the last year of it going live.
A strict easy to understand example.

A set amount of USD goes into their "Mining by the GH/s" product and the result is any positive return on that investment in mining for the customer.

What is a positive return?
Let me define that for those with ample weasel words to shoot off.
It means if I invest $200, by the end of my invested contract of 1 year, I got at least $200 which I invested and more than 1 cent from mining. Simple and easy to understand.

-----------------

We all absolutely know they will never (EVER) do this publicly, because it won't happen with what BFL is selling at their current price point.
Josh himself hinted in various open comments online that they couldn't have shipped volume and still made their customer happy with respect to the difficulty. He already knew since that time, that they were pretty much selling a pipe dream. (In my opinion)

This was very obviously contrary to his earlier discourse aimed at customers on this and other forums where he openly asserted that people would make a positive return on their investments. I still remember the many times he said that on just this forum alone.

Does anyone else remember all those times he said that as an employee working at BFL and hawking their products?

Leeroy Jenkins (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:23:48 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 02:38:35 AM by leeroyjenkins

Is Josh saying that mining bitcoins = making money as a small concession to the FTC that he and BFL fucked over their customers by preventing them from being able to make money?

Who woulda thunk? Cheesy

I tell you, though, I don't think anyone would have sunk money into them had it been made know that all the VC funding amounted to was $8K.

Federal Trade Commission vs Butterfly Labs

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:01:02 PM

Never before seen pic of Jody Drake and John Mutrux's children of their first litter.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:24:46 PM

Never before seen pic of Jody Drake and John Mutrux's children of their first litter.
Why do you bother to attack them personally?

They have enough "issues" to point out as it is. No need to insult their children. (or lack of any children?)

=====================

Why not Focus on the relevant stuff that this forum would actually care about. Like for example if BFL moved any money after they stopped paying employees and/or customers. Or filed for bankruptcy protection.

Just because they stopped paying their employees (allegedly) that does not mean they didn't have the money to do so. It could just be some kind of way of conserving funds until the next court date.
(I know, if we were talking about a normal company, you would assume they laid everyone off simply because they ran out of money. But in BFL's unique case that may not be the actual story?)

Why not ask the folks who worked at BFL to produce the NDA they were asked/forced to sign. That would probably be an eye popping thing to read...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: