Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL fucked us over again (redux)  (Read 100077 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:15:35 PM

Not just consumer protection but the entire court system sucks. It's so easy to manipulate. Within the first ten years of starting my rental equipment company I had a piece of damaged equipment badly hurt a customer in his late 50's. Clearly it was my companies fault because the high school kids I hired to clean the equipment overlooked the damage and put the saw back on the rental line. My attorney advised me not to settle because they were demanding too much and most likely I would have to liquidate. His team was able to tie it up in court for seven years and the customer died before he could collect. His poor wife, God bless her, was living on a fixed income and was too inept, old, and broke to fight it after he died. I payed out a bunch of attorney's fees but that was only about 3% of what he would have earned in a winning judgement. God bless America. lol
Again, QuestionAuthority reminds us why he is an asshole. BFL, hire this guy!

LOL. I just let the attorneys work it out. I didn't kill the guy.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:26:22 AM

Not just consumer protection but the entire court system sucks. It's so easy to manipulate. Within the first ten years of starting my rental equipment company I had a piece of damaged equipment badly hurt a customer in his late 50's. Clearly it was my companies fault because the high school kids I hired to clean the equipment overlooked the damage and put the saw back on the rental line. My attorney advised me not to settle because they were demanding too much and most likely I would have to liquidate. His team was able to tie it up in court for seven years and the customer died before he could collect. His poor wife, God bless her, was living on a fixed income and was too inept, old, and broke to fight it after he died. I payed out a bunch of attorney's fees but that was only about 3% of what he would have earned in a winning judgement. God bless America. lol
Again, QuestionAuthority reminds us why he is an asshole. BFL, hire this guy!

LOL. I just let the attorneys work it out. I didn't kill the guy.
If it makes you feel any better, you were a contributing factor in his death?

Hired highschool kids rather than an appropriate staff to take care of dangerous equipment.
Resulting in a piece of equipment ("a saw") that malfunctioned and injured a customer ("badly").
Speaks ?humorously? about the fallout, the victim, the victims family, and paid attorneys only 3% in relative comparison to the full sum asked for by the victims.
Paid to attorneys to keep them from collecting for more than seven years until the victim died.

The last word in your statement is "lol". (Laughing Out Loud)

While the first four sentences indicate a clear indication that you are aware that the incident was due to your companies fault.

=====================

No matter how you cut it, you are clearly guilty by self admission on holding out on the victims what they were due.

You really should work at BFL....well...their offices are closed though.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:13:11 AM

Shitting on your fellow man is an important part of the American way of life. This is a country where you watch drones kill a Arabic man and his family on the news while eating your TV dinner. Hell, I grew up watching the Vietnam war on TV every night. Murder, mayhem and every man for himself. That's why tort law is such a big deal here. Screw them before they screw you. No one is responsible for their own actions when you can sue someone else and make them responsible. Someone handed him a saw to use and asked if he knew how to use it and he said yes then signed a rental contract stating he knew what he was doing. Who's fault is it really? If someone handed him a loaded gun, asked if he knew how to use it and he shot himself in the foot is the person that loaded the gun responsible? If you hand me a dangerous tool I'm going to check it out before I use it, not after I get hurt. The same as I would if I borrowed it from a neighbor. I would never assume the gun isn't loaded.

Everyone on his forum knew how many scams have been perpetrated here way before BFL ever opened their doors. So some interwebs guy says he's going to sell you a goose that mines a golden egg if you just send him thousands of dollars so he can hatch the goose first. Hey, who wouldn't go for that deal! Easy fucking money, right? You know why the Trade Commission exists in the first place? Because greedy dumbasses keep falling for the same long con decade after decade.

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 09:44:57 AM

[...]

I think you have put it perfectly into words...

Note to self: never, ever order another American product or service again...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:30:46 AM

[...]

heh don't order anything they call a 'business' from Sweden either ...they get around EU law to the rest of the world on refunds on that statement

that is what the class action is about to get refunds from KNC miners 5 months late....they say if you order from knc your are a business..thus no refunds
UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE EU then they had to give refunds (at least briefly) but they stated not for USA nor rest of the world only EU countries
(when they had their knc forums up which they have scrapped)

so yeah not a big fan of consumer protection I did get a refund from BFL ..but only because for a brief period between sonny's probation judge stuff and the FTC
coming in and closing them down they did some ..but that was just ..lets face it DUMB LUCK is all

yep wiser about the myth of consumer protection that is for sure (also this you are a business .. no refunds was also used by alpha tech in the UK just saying)

I was such a nice trusting newbie in April 13th 2013 being told I'd get my Jally the end of the following month (no lie really got the email someplace)

it is tough realizing your btc unicorn and rainbow dream was just a BFL fantasy Smiley (innocence lost ..I was such a good true blue newbie kool aid drinker too) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:35:10 AM

[...]

heh don't order anything they call a 'business' from Sweden either ...they get around EU law [...]

No EU either, mainly Asian (they [still?] know what hard work, engineering and service are...)

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:51:18 AM

[...]
heh don't order anything they call a 'business' from Sweden either ...they get around EU law [...]
No EU either, mainly Asian (they [still?] know what hard work, engineering and service are...)

In an alternate universe, my home is full of miners designed and built by German, Japanese, and South Korean manufacturers.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:42:02 PM

I do have sympathy for the people that were suckered into buying from these mining manufacturers. I never bought anything to mine that I couldn't also play video games on. Oh, not because I have some gift or special insight but because it all just smelled a little fishy and I'm old and I've smelled a lot of fish markets in my life.

The victims need to take at least a little responsibility for their loss too. If you go through life using basic logic and reasoning before you make a decision you'll be a lot happier and less broke. Think about it this way. If someone offered to sell you a machine that printed $20 dollar bills for less money than the amount of $20 bills it could print would you buy it? I don't think you would because that's obviously bullshit.

Also, one of the reasons my attorneys fought so hard was because the old man couldn't provide proof that he was hurt with the saw and he never returned the equipment to us for inspection. They also found out that over a 20 year period he had filed a dozen lawsuits against various companies always settling out of court. The equipment probably was faulty because I couldn't hire expensive employees to wash the mud off of equipment but I have no proof of that. That's why every renter signs a contract accepting responsibility. That contract saved my ass many times over 20 years.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:51:02 AM

Within the first ten years of starting my rental equipment company I had a piece of damaged equipment badly hurt a customer in his late 50's.

Clearly it was my companies fault because the high school kids I hired to clean the equipment overlooked the damage and put the saw back on the rental line.

One of the reasons my attorneys fought so hard was because the old man couldn't provide proof that he was hurt with the saw and he never returned the equipment to us for inspection.

Cool story, bro.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:53:36 AM

Within the first ten years of starting my rental equipment company I had a piece of damaged equipment badly hurt a customer in his late 50's.

Clearly it was my companies fault because the high school kids I hired to clean the equipment overlooked the damage and put the saw back on the rental line.

One of the reasons my attorneys fought so hard was because the old man couldn't provide proof that he was hurt with the saw and he never returned the equipment to us for inspection.

Cool story, bro.

It still happens all the time. http://louisianarecord.com/stories/510582015-equipment-rental-company-sued-after-drill-jerks-and-injuries-worker

That's one of the big reasons I sold out.

noddy2000

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:26:04 PM

[...]

YOu have to note yourself  that!

And this  dudes  a professor! lol

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████████████▀▀  █████
█████████████▀▀      ██████
██████████▀▀    ▄     ███████
███████▀▀     ▄█▀     █████████
███▀▀      ▄██▀       █████████
█████▄    ██▀        ██████████
████████ █          █████████
███████ █ ▄███▄▄   ████████
████████████████▄▄███████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
JUNE 4 UNTIL JUNE 24  [ WHITEPAPER ]
[TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] [REDDIT] [STEEMIT]
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:58:00 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 01:27:16 PM by h@shKraker

I know this isn't directly BFL related *BUT* it is directly fraudster getting their due related.  Looks like Karpeles is finding himself charged with embezzlement per http://news.yahoo.com/japan-charges-bitcoin-exchange-ceo-embezzlement-jiji-press-041756154.html .  Maybe there's hope yet for the crew at BFL.   One can only hope.

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:29:09 PM

I just had a post deleted from BFL's locked thread (circa March, 2015) that I'm willing to bet Evan had a major hand in having it deleted. I'd say the dude's tryin' in vain to clean up his Internet footprint.
Leeroy Jenkins (OP)

Activity: 420

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:28:12 PM

I just had a post deleted from BFL's locked thread (circa March, 2015) that I'm willing to bet Evan had a major hand in having it deleted. I'd say the dude's tryin' in vain to clean up his Internet footprint.

Don't we have a couple threads setup in case anything worthwhile gets deleted here?

Federal Trade Commission vs Butterfly Labs

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:35:35 PM

Any updates on BFL?
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:28:20 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 11:42:10 PM by Xian01

Any updates on BFL?
Nothing exciting.

Latest filing was 9/18, Doc 366.

http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.366.0.pdf

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:30:58 AM

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/dutch-police-arrests-three-people-in-bitcoin-money-laundering-investigation/35076

I'm curious as to if Sonny Vleisides' uncle or SLOK played a role in that money laundering scheme.
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:22:56 AM

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/dutch-police-arrests-three-people-in-bitcoin-money-laundering-investigation/35076

I'm curious as to if Sonny Vleisides' uncle or SLOK played a role in that money laundering scheme.

In the Dutch (original) article they're talking about young men in the ages between 19 and 24 y/o. So I highly doubt it concerns his uncle (directly)...  Roll Eyes

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:40:51 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/3n0s0s/mining_pool_recommended/cvjx8cq

https://blockchain.info/pools

Person APerson BSimilarityComplexityPerson A's Trust ListPerson B's Trust List
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pokokohua!Pry4u0.891.65Luke-Jr&dooglus&Raize&Maged&Inaba&gmaxwell&BFL&BFL_JoshInaba&BFL&BFL_Josh
Pokokohua!SLok0.891.65Luke-Jr&dooglus&Raize&Maged&Inaba&gmaxwell&BFL&BFL_JoshInaba&BFL&BFL_Josh
Pry4uSLok10.9Inaba&BFL&BFL_JoshInaba&BFL&BFL_Josh

I miss those Butterfly Labs folks... I wonder if any of them has been hit by a bus / random falling space debris, or have come down with some painful incurable affliction since they left the forums.

http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

bcp19, Inaba, and SLok, y u no post any more ? Sad

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:52:24 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/3n0s0s/mining_pool_recommended/cvjx8cq

https://blockchain.info/pools

Person APerson BSimilarityComplexityPerson A's Trust ListPerson B's Trust List
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pokokohua!Pry4u0.891.65Luke-Jr&dooglus&Raize&Maged&Inaba&gmaxwell&BFL&BFL_JoshInaba&BFL&BFL_Josh
Pokokohua!SLok0.891.65Luke-Jr&dooglus&Raize&Maged&Inaba&gmaxwell&BFL&BFL_JoshInaba&BFL&BFL_Josh
Pry4uSLok10.9Inaba&BFL&BFL_JoshInaba&BFL&BFL_Josh

I miss those Butterfly Labs folks... I wonder if any of them has been hit by a bus / random falling space debris, or have come down with some painful incurable affliction since they left the forums.

http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

bcp19, Inaba, and SLok, y u no post any more ? Sad

Whatever, we definitively already know who Slok is because he previously used an service (image) account with his Slok account and another account tied to his identity. Both accounts made references to purchase orders at BFL and promoted BFL, both described having the same declared orders at BFL. All public knowledge discussed and released by none other than Slok himself.

He tried to be "dumb" about it and conn people about his identity not being found and edging them on to find out more in the hopes that gullible people would move on to another false link.....but he'd already been identified online. If the FTC ever needs help putting a name to the Slok account I and others would be willing to turn it all over to them so they can confirm the identity on their own.

Anonymous he is not, nor has he ever been. He asked people to look for him and we did find him. Whether he would accept that he'd been collared by his mistakes is another story entirely. We thankfully did not even need his confirmation to link his anonymous account with an a well identified account.

With that alone, the FTC can identify him by name and present whereabouts in the world and ask the defendants at BFL to verify it if they had to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: