Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly  (Read 56755 times)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:36:43 AM

How many confirmations normally does it take to get coins in?  I have 10 confirmations and they haven't shown up yet.  Will email support.

it's actually pretty fast. 10 conf is way too long.

Update, my deposits have shown up.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
fuddudle

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:48:28 AM

Going to give this a try. I'm assuming the finance part is a fixed term loan with higher interest rate?

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:41:34 PM

Going to give this a try. I'm assuming the finance part is a fixed term loan with higher interest rate?

Also more initial capital.  I believe you must put in 10 bitcoins minimum.  But yes higher interest rate, but still the ability to withdraw at any time, you just lose the interest accumulated for the current month.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:08:58 PM

Also more initial capital.  I believe you must put in 10 bitcoins minimum.  But yes higher interest rate, but still the ability to withdraw at any time, you just lose the interest accumulated for the current month.

This is right.  The account is still liquid, you just lose the 12%+ interest if you don't hold it in the account for the entire term.  The money continues to net interest at the specified rate automatically after the previous term is met.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:30:33 PM

I wouldn't be worried about exit strategy. Just securing funds. As Eric has said in response to my questions, the worst that would happen to users is no more interest. But asking what happens if they're hacked is a great question.

I think they need to introduce some bounty campaigns in order to detect any backdoor(s) if present within their databases. And most importantly, trusting their staff members is vital to run an investment scheme where any miracle may happen anytime and the staff members doesn't run away with all the funds ! Wink

Technically, they have a bounty system: the hot wallet, :p.

I get where you're coming from, though. I'm personally less worried about site security than I am what they do if it's compromised. To me, it's like a bank: if the bank gets robbed, it doesn't affect me. I don't care about their security protocols, I just care about the end result for me, considering I have no say in how they run their business/secure it.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 12:43:11 AM

I wouldn't be worried about exit strategy. Just securing funds. As Eric has said in response to my questions, the worst that would happen to users is no more interest. But asking what happens if they're hacked is a great question.

I think they need to introduce some bounty campaigns in order to detect any backdoor(s) if present within their databases. And most importantly, trusting their staff members is vital to run an investment scheme where any miracle may happen anytime and the staff members doesn't run away with all the funds ! Wink

I get where you're coming from, though. I'm personally less worried about site security than I am what they do if it's compromised. To me, it's like a bank: if the bank gets robbed, it doesn't affect me. I don't care about their security protocols, I just care about the end result for me, considering I have no say in how they run their business/secure it.
Has Eric answered to what the company would do IF they did get hacked and lost a large amount of users' bitcoins?
samuray34amo

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:45:35 AM

Hi all, I want to ask a question. (noob question)
I signed up on haobtc yesterday, and they asked me to set password which contains only 6 figures. What does 6 figures mean?
I tried to enter 6 digits numbers but it doesn't work.
Hope someone here can enlighten me! Thanks

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:31:46 PM

Has Eric answered to what the company would do IF they did get hacked and lost a large amount of users' bitcoins?

Not that I'm aware of. At this point I'd require a third party handling insurance. So far, every self-insured BTC business I've heard of has tanked and not followed through on their promises.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:46:20 PM

How many confirmations normally does it take to get coins in?  I have 10 confirmations and they haven't shown up yet.  Will email support.
My deposits always have shown up in my account before receiving any confirmations.  Thus far once my deposit tx is broadcast to a few nodes on the network the funds show up in my HaoBTC account.

I signed up on haobtc yesterday, and they asked me to set password which contains only 6 figures. What does 6 figures mean?
Hope someone here can enlighten me! Thanks
6 numbers, no letters or punctuation.  They are supposed to work on better English translations on the web site.
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:25:52 AM

believe that's for withdraws that and if you use Googles  2FA just an added layer of security.

Icon

fuddudle

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:15:30 AM

This is right.  The account is still liquid, you just lose the 12%+ interest if you don't hold it in the account for the entire term.  The money continues to net interest at the specified rate automatically after the previous term is met.

What is the minimum term length?

Is there a page anywhere that has this documented?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:24:48 AM

What is the minimum term length?

Is there a page anywhere that has this documented?

1 month is the shortest. And yes, it's on the financing page.

Eric Mu (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:06:02 AM

...So far, every self-insured BTC business I've heard of has tanked and not followed through on their promises.
To my knowledge, Coinbase is the only BTC business that claims to have brought a third-party insurer onboard. Correct me if I am wrong. Third-party insurance, at least in China, is more of an issue of availability. Hard to get a insurance company that are savvy enough and interested enough; compounding the difficulty, the young age of the industry means that there most likely aren't any available model to calculate the risk. But we are in talks with insurance companies over possibility of insuring our Kangding mining facility against earthquake damage. Will post if there are any development.

Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:14:44 AM

The payment password is the secondary password that you are required to provide when making a withdrawl. It should be a 6 digit numeral combination. Please send a screenshot to support@haobtc.com so our tech can troubleshoot the problem.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:21:17 AM

...So far, every self-insured BTC business I've heard of has tanked and not followed through on their promises.
To my knowledge, Coinbase is the only BTC business that claims to have brought a third-party insurer onboard. Correct me if I am wrong. Third-party insurance, at least in China, is more of an issue of availability. Hard to get a insurance company that are savvy enough and interested enough; compounding the difficulty, the young age of the industry means that there most likely aren't any available model to calculate the risk. But we are in talks with insurance companies over possibility of insuring our Kangding mining facility against earthquake damage. Will post if there are any development.

Circle and Xapo are also insured, and both are, I believe, done by a third party.

Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:30:06 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 05:41:26 AM by eric@haobtc

This is one of the frequently asked questions and I did answered it before.
Most of the users' coins were used to invest in our mining facility - FYI our second farm is currently under construction.
So they are in the form of bricks, cement, rein bars, steel sheets and silicon chips and plastic motherboards, they are physical therefore hacker-proof.
That is not to say that there aren't any risks.
There are still thieves, fire, earthquakes, aged transformer and Internet outage to worry about.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:30:31 AM

Hey so to sum it up:

1. No Insurance
2. No Security Audit done yet nor planned
3. No Audit of the Platform
4. No Bug Bounty

For me a clear No Thanks.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:31:44 AM

Circle and Xapo are also insured, and both are, I believe, done by a third party.

Is it the same insurance company? Do you know its name or names if there is more than one?
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:36:40 AM

Hey so to sum it up:

1. No Insurance
2. No Security Audit done yet nor planned
3. No Audit of the Platform
4. No Bug Bounty

For me a clear No Thanks.

I worked for a big BTC exchange prior to joining HaoBTC. They did a Proof-of-Reserve audit done by someone quite well-known in the community. Complete joke if you ask me.
We have been running the service for a year now, and not a single user lost their money because of our technological failure, isn't that track-record something that will ease your mind a little?
We are not offering bug bounty, but we have been receiving blackmail emails fairly frequently, mostly in the form of "give me xxx BTC or your website will be destroyed". Nothing of that kind has happened so far.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:58:51 AM

I don't know about the other two. Only read the Coinbase release and think it is a bit sketchy - You don't get many details as to what kind of coverage the users will get in case of catastrophe - such as the percentage and the currency that it will be denominated. Even 100%, if Coinbase lose all its BTC, the price will drop substantially, covering the losses will cost much less than users' real losses, for lack of a better word. If you know more details, do please enlighten me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: