Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:13:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AdBTC - Bitcoin advertising network - free traffic for everyone!  (Read 12202 times)
adbtc.info (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Cheap and easy advertising

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 11:39:38 AM

It is described in our Terms and Conditions page:

We disapprove websites which:
  • Are placed on free domains/subdomains.
  • Are not in the top 2 million sites ranked in Alexa.com.
  • Have pages that have malicious code or illegal or adult content or links to such content.
  • Promote or facilitate illegal or legally questionable activities such as pirating and hacking.
  • Overlay or hide our ads, or overlay them with other ads; Our ad code must be well visible on the approved website and can not be put in other pages, scripts or frames.
  • Place our ads on auto-refreshing pages.
  • Contain materials of violence, obscene or vulgar language and abusive content.
  • Display excessive number of ads or pop-unders.

Also, we are checking every click you get and count only clicks from good IPs. You could check the number of invalid clicks too from the page with your ad visitors.

We are considering an adult category though, as well as profiles for publishers from which they can choose which categories can be shown on their site, so expect that in the near future.

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:04:33 PM

Hi,

Can you tell me what kind of sites are accepted in your network? I have been with another ad network and even though they look really legit, the traffic I've been getting are kind of really bad.

What network have you been working with?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:31:41 PM

It is described in our Terms and Conditions page:

We disapprove websites which:
  • Are placed on free domains/subdomains.
  • Are not in the top 2 million sites ranked in Alexa.com.
  • Have pages that have malicious code or illegal or adult content or links to such content.
  • Promote or facilitate illegal or legally questionable activities such as pirating and hacking.
  • Overlay or hide our ads, or overlay them with other ads; Our ad code must be well visible on the approved website and can not be put in other pages, scripts or frames.
  • Place our ads on auto-refreshing pages.
  • Contain materials of violence, obscene or vulgar language and abusive content.
  • Display excessive number of ads or pop-unders.

Also, we are checking every click you get and count only clicks from good IPs. You could check the number of invalid clicks too from the page with your ad visitors.

We are considering an adult category though, as well as profiles for publishers from which they can choose which categories can be shown on their site, so expect that in the near future.

Adult category would be great!

Corealz

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:43:09 PM

Would I be able to use this with my adult website?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:18:10 AM

Read two posts above you. Not yet but likely soon.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Corealz

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:19:29 AM

Read two posts above you. Not yet but likely soon.
woops!, I only read OP. I will wait patiently for that.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:18:53 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me what kind of sites are accepted in your network? I have been with another ad network and even though they look really legit, the traffic I've been getting are kind of really bad.

I've tried BitMedia, may be it's just me, that's why am still continually tweaking and trying.

@ontopic I meant do you check your applicant's traffic sources? We all know Alexa ranking can be faked.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
vodaljepa

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:45:49 AM

I tried mellowads and the traffic is great, high quality traffic!

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:28:06 AM

Hi,

I've tried BitMedia, may be it's just me, that's why am still continually tweaking and trying.

@ontopic I meant do you check your applicant's traffic sources? We all know Alexa ranking can be faked.

I think that BitMedia is a lot more limited on publishers than most other sites are, so it would make sense. They are also proactive in getting new people on board.

adbtc.info (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 07:38:06 AM

Hi,

We don't check manually all traffic, we have automated this as much as we can. For both the views and the clicks. But if we find something suspicious we make manual checks. In the last week we have banned more than 3 "high traffic" sites, regardless of their Alexa rank.

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
adbtc.info (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 11:09:19 PM

We thought a lot about all these faking views sites, and decided to make a very big change in the way the revenue for the publishers is calculated.

From tonight, instead of calculating the revenue based on unique views, it will be counted based on unique clicks. This way we will focus mostly on detecting fake clicks, and publishers will hopefully focus on placing our ad well and providing good traffic.

We really hope that this change will have good impact on the network.

vodaljepa

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:15:39 PM

adult accepted yet?

adbtc.info (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 07:12:05 AM

adult accepted yet?
By the end of the month hopefully, along with other big big news...

vodaljepa

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 02:59:16 PM

adult accepted yet?
By the end of the month hopefully, along with other big big news...

This is great news Smiley

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:11:16 PM

We thought a lot about all these faking views sites, and decided to make a very big change in the way the revenue for the publishers is calculated.

From tonight, instead of calculating the revenue based on unique views, it will be counted based on unique clicks. This way we will focus mostly on detecting fake clicks, and publishers will hopefully focus on placing our ad well and providing good traffic.

We really hope that this change will have good impact on the network.

This is an interesting transition. While I'd normally be against it (since nobody can control whether or not people click your ads), I think in this case it works since theoretically all equal sites should get equal clicks.

adbtc.info (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:06:11 PM

It immediately had good impact on the network and the sites that provide thousands unique visits and zero clicks (obviously faking most of their traffic) - instead of chasing and banning them every day, now we just don't pay them.
We are also making a fake clicks auto detection which we plan to punish faking clicks with subtracting 1 click instead of adding it, when calculating the revenue. This way we hope to prevent or at least minimize this kind of fraud too.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:31:06 PM

It immediately had good impact on the network and the sites that provide thousands unique visits and zero clicks (obviously faking most of their traffic) - instead of chasing and banning them every day, now we just don't pay them.
We are also making a fake clicks auto detection which we plan to punish faking clicks with subtracting 1 click instead of adding it, when calculating the revenue. This way we hope to prevent or at least minimize this kind of fraud too.

It's definitely a unique way of handling everything. Can you share some stats (anonymously) after a while that helps show the difference between before the changes and after? Just for curiosity.

adbtc.info (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 08:31:36 AM

Don't have graphs or something similar, but it's obvious anyway. 2 days ago we banned a faking views site with 10000 uniques daily that had 0-1 clicks per day. The problem is that until we notice that he already takes his 20% of our total pool revenue for 1 or two days, withdraws immediately and all other legit sites suffer with lowered revenue which we can't return or recalculate. Now we don't even need to chase and ban such sites, they can keep faking but will automatically win nothing from us. This method will also encourage placing our banner well visible, not just putting it somewhere to count views.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:56:36 AM

Don't have graphs or something similar, but it's obvious anyway. 2 days ago we banned a faking views site with 10000 uniques daily that had 0-1 clicks per day. The problem is that until we notice that he already takes his 20% of our total pool revenue for 1 or two days, withdraws immediately and all other legit sites suffer with lowered revenue which we can't return or recalculate. Now we don't even need to chase and ban such sites, they can keep faking but will automatically win nothing from us. This method will also encourage placing our banner well visible, not just putting it somewhere to count views.

Yeah, I like the change a lot, was mostly looking for like a "case study." This is something that I haven't had to deal with myself (but most networks I use are invite-only and only target high-quality sites so that's likely a big reason).

adbtc.info (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 02:17:47 PM

One more demonstration of the effect of the change:

A guy with drained faucet that was getting ~1000 daily unique views and zero clicks wrote us:

hi
need you tell me what is your problem?
3 day have zero btc plus and 3x i am use windraw but confirm email not send.
It is scam for now??!

Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: