Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:34:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70807 times)
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:57:28 PM

Quote from: Dotakels link=topic=1028110.msg11219136#msg11219136 d1430197456
in my opinion government slowly will welcome for bitcoin as one of their economy base.

Why do you think that?

The government is currently addicted to monetary expansion/money printing/debt creation.  Bitcoin doesn't allow for any monetary expansion at all, so why would the government welcome something that will end the game that they play today?

The government has the option to stop printing money right now, and can't seem to take that option willingly.
They think that because it is better to use a internet money than fiat money. Because you dont need a raw material so you can create a fiat money you dont have to buy it. But in the internet money you only need to do is to have a advance computer so that you can mine and this will help to avoid crime. If you think that in the internet money can hack or scam, they do a system or a security to avoid that.

But still they got security and some people were hacked. Every things that we do also have risk. The problem is how are we going to minimalize it and make it profit to us. Yes its true that we dont need raw material but fiat money is just a temporary money and for now bitcoin is trying to change it so we dont need to get raw materials to create it
That is the only problem the hacking, theres no system is safe now they do whatever theu can do to only hack.  But there are solutions that can resovle this problem create a system or security that no one can hack it or the safest system in the world. Haha imagination.

So what are you going to suggest for the security things? If there is a creator there must be someone who can hack into their system. And I dont think if there is any system that can't be hacked in this whole planet
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:10:04 PM

Quote from: Dotakels link=topic=1028110.msg11219136#msg11219136 d1430197456
in my opinion government slowly will welcome for bitcoin as one of their economy base.

Why do you think that?

The government is currently addicted to monetary expansion/money printing/debt creation.  Bitcoin doesn't allow for any monetary expansion at all, so why would the government welcome something that will end the game that they play today?

The government has the option to stop printing money right now, and can't seem to take that option willingly.
They think that because it is better to use a internet money than fiat money. Because you dont need a raw material so you can create a fiat money you dont have to buy it. But in the internet money you only need to do is to have a advance computer so that you can mine and this will help to avoid crime. If you think that in the internet money can hack or scam, they do a system or a security to avoid that.

But still they got security and some people were hacked. Every things that we do also have risk. The problem is how are we going to minimalize it and make it profit to us. Yes its true that we dont need raw material but fiat money is just a temporary money and for now bitcoin is trying to change it so we dont need to get raw materials to create it
That is the only problem the hacking, theres no system is safe now they do whatever theu can do to only hack.  But there are solutions that can resovle this problem create a system or security that no one can hack it or the safest system in the world. Haha imagination.

So what are you going to suggest for the security things? If there is a creator there must be someone who can hack into their system. And I dont think if there is any system that can't be hacked in this whole planet
The demanding course here in the phillipines is IT more on hardware and software.  In many school their teaching hacking with those who interested(for they students only)
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:19:05 PM

Whenever you see the government and official institutions showing interest about Bitcoin is because they want to rip it off and use features of it for their own evil intentions. They for example want to take the blockchain and adapt it to the fiat scam, which would basically be a big catastrophe. Don't fall for their traps.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:39:42 PM

They dont go together like I said before.

But the reason why bitcoin was created was due to the problem of our finance all based on a centralized system. So in a way the problem created but now theres a solution which would be bitcoin.

But, you gotta understand that the only way people throw out money to the government is because they believe its trusted.

Think about it for a second, you got old grandmas who been saving away 50 years of their life and putting it into a 30 year old bond fix to survive and pass it on to their grandchild only to believe thats the only form of security.

If there was a way to go about this in bitcoin without them knowing about bitcoin, they would happily do it.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:15:06 AM

Whenever you see the government and official institutions showing interest about Bitcoin is because they want to rip it off and use features of it for their own evil intentions. They for example want to take the blockchain and adapt it to the fiat scam, which would basically be a big catastrophe. Don't fall for their traps.
But theres some government officials that have good intention to bitcoin. Maybe they want to merge or to adapt to fiat money so that the people will have a unity. Dont think a negative to the government officials they vote us because we believing them that they are good person and have a good intention to the people.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:04:21 AM

But theres some government officials that have good intention to bitcoin. Maybe they want to merge or to adapt to fiat money so that the people will have a unity. Dont think a negative to the government officials they vote us because we believing them that they are good person and have a good intention to the people.

Is that really how you see the government?  Benevolent public servants that care so deeply about the interests of its citizen that their own personal interests and career come second?  That is how it should be in an ideal world, but that is definitely not the way it is working today.

Think of teachers, whose top priority should be educating kids right?  Even in a slow economy, when they don't get the union negotiated raise they are looking for, they don't hesitate to go on strike and hold a sign instead of teaching the kids they are supposed to care about.  Not trying to talk badly about teachers in particular, but I think it's pretty naive to think that a public servant is here to serve the public.  A public servant is here to keep a job and make a living.  Serving you is priority #2.

Bitcoin goes against the foundation of many economies, that are currently maintained with monetary expansion, so it wouldn't make sense for the government to welcome bitcoin.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:09:07 AM

Is that really how you see the government?  Benevolent public servants that care so deeply about the interests of its citizen that their own personal interests and career come second?  That is how it should be in an ideal world, but that is definitely not the way it is working today.

Think of teachers, whose top priority should be educating kids right?  Even in a slow economy, when they don't get the union negotiated raise they are looking for, they don't hesitate to go on strike and hold a sign instead of teaching the kids they are supposed to care about.  Not trying to talk badly about teachers in particular, but I think it's pretty naive to think that a public servant is here to serve the public.  A public servant is here to keep a job and make a living.  Serving you is priority #2.

Bitcoin goes against the foundation of many economies, that are currently maintained with monetary expansion, so it wouldn't make sense for the government to welcome bitcoin.
Hahah why do you hate the government? You have an anger with government. So you mean that government are not worthless or theres nothing doing right? If you mean that what will happened to your country if there no government? Think of that.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:12:16 AM

but they do certainy like its technology, because they are experimenting with it in numerous way, they will probably come up with a centralized bitcoin in the future, this coul d be a real bitcoin killer for average joe, that aren't using bitcoin now
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:43:09 PM

Hahah why do you hate the government? You have an anger with government. So you mean that government are not worthless or theres nothing doing right? If you mean that what will happened to your country if there no government? Think of that.

I don't hate the government.  I don't really hate in general.  I don't agree with a lot of government policies here.  Also, pretty much any private organization can offer a better level of service for lower cost than any government organization can.  The government effectively monopolizes industries, do not allow competition, and then force you to do business with them, whether you want to or not.

I would prefer minimal government to no government at all.

Government policy decisions were the cause of the 2008 financial crisis (mortgage securitization, sub-prime lending), government bailed out banks, government enables war funded by debt.  IF you have a benevolent government, then its great, but we don't have that, and in that event, I prefer minimal government.

Just look at drug policy alone, which is probably the biggest failure in policy ever.  They took a small issue and turned it into a massive global issue, forced the creation of a black market, where conflict resolution needs to be done outside of the law/courts/trial/police and basically dealt with violence.  You have people in jail for selling or using drugs, to which there is no victim for the crime.  You have privatized prisons that are deep in the lobbying game for the government that need people in jail.  You basically have the police and prison guards dealing with people that have a legitimate health problem with drugs, instead of doctors or physicians.  This is all a result of pathetic and corrupt government policy, which doesn't benefit the citizens, but rather a select few that profit from it.  I can go on about a lot of other miserable failures in policy that are still not being corrected. 

There is a riot going on in Baltimore at the moment, because black people are sick and tired of being beat up and killed by police officers when they are not initiating violence.

There are some services government provides which are fine, but private organizations can always do a better job, because they need to compete for customers, where the government will simply make competition illegal and force you to do business with them.

Here is an interesting quote that I like, and find a lot of truth in: "There are no political solutions, only technological ones; the rest is propaganda"
Then think to yourself - what problem has the government solved? or rather what problem have they made worse from their intervention?
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:03:59 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 02:06:18 AM by grue

A girl plans a birthday, and needs a cake. Her friend can bake the cake, and needs a hair styling. What a trade, if done directly, they can even talk about boys (info: sometimes called filets) when they create value. It is called direct action.

But they can also ask the government, allegedly they are the source of all value, safety and goodness at large. Hello gov, I'd like to cut my friends hair, and she wants to make me a cake. Can we do that, please?? Pretty please???

Answer: Good you asked, because, hereabout it is we who decide who can make a cake an who can do a haircut. Thank you for your assertion of our power- Let us think, can we allow that, or not? Let's check with the tax code we made in the interest of us - well ok, both of you, you can do it. Just make sure you compute the value creation, and give us a 70% cut. To be sure, we send a car of order followers, or dogs, to patrol the street outside your houses, just to make sure no value creation can exist without our cut. And at the same time, we protect you from other people who might try to extort you.

Yeah, we all love the government.

Don't help the neighbours kid that is in distress. Call us. Indirect action is the key, nobody can do anything without us. We also decide who can fuck, by the way. So is fucking happening around here? We can't have random fucking. Around here, it is we who decide who can fuck and who can not fuck. Ask our agent, and if we can be bothered to consider the case, and if you know your bible, we might allow it, after you pay the fee.

Serious question: Do I hate the government?

Hey there, get me some honey.

Why do you just demand honey, why don't you go and collect the honey yourselt?

It is my honey. All the honey is mine.

How can you say that? It was I who collected it from the bees.

I own all the honey. All the berries. All the fruit. All the game.

Cheez, that is absurd, why do you think that you own everything? To me you just look like a fat guy laying around all day doing nothing. How come?

My father gave it to me.

And if I object?

I will have someone kill you. For that, he will get an ananas. Good trade. End of discussion.
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:17:16 AM

lol yeah politicians have good intentions with btc. excuse while I piss in my pants laughing.

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:55:12 AM

I don't hate the government.  I don't really hate in general.  I don't agree with a lot of government policies here.  Also, pretty much any private organization can offer a better level of service for lower cost than any government organization can.  The government effectively monopolizes industries, do not allow competition, and then force you to do business with them, whether you want to or not.

I would prefer minimal government to no government at all.

Government policy decisions were the cause of the 2008 financial crisis (mortgage securitization, sub-prime lending), government bailed out banks, government enables war funded by debt.  IF you have a benevolent government, then its great, but we don't have that, and in that event, I prefer minimal government.

Just look at drug policy alone, which is probably the biggest failure in policy ever.  They took a small issue and turned it into a massive global issue, forced the creation of a black market, where conflict resolution needs to be done outside of the law/courts/trial/police and basically dealt with violence.  You have people in jail for selling or using drugs, to which there is no victim for the crime.  You have privatized prisons that are deep in the lobbying game for the government that need people in jail.  You basically have the police and prison guards dealing with people that have a legitimate health problem with drugs, instead of doctors or physicians.  This is all a result of pathetic and corrupt government policy, which doesn't benefit the citizens, but rather a select few that profit from it.  I can go on about a lot of other miserable failures in policy that are still not being corrected. 

There is a riot going on in Baltimore at the moment, because black people are sick and tired of being beat up and killed by police officers when they are not initiating violence.

There are some services government provides which are fine, but private organizations can always do a better job, because they need to compete for customers, where the government will simply make competition illegal and force you to do business with them.

Here is an interesting quote that I like, and find a lot of truth in: "There are no political solutions, only technological ones; the rest is propaganda"
Then think to yourself - what problem has the government solved? or rather what problem have they made worse from their intervention?
So what they are going to their position in government if they cant do their jobs or services? Why do you or your community to vote that government officials if the government officials not have a good job? If you or the people who live in that country not vote that person, for sure you have a good economy and a good country.
BobK71

Activity: 2128
Merit: 655

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:12:23 PM

So what they are going to their position in government if they cant do their jobs or services? Why do you or your community to vote that government officials if the government officials not have a good job? If you or the people who live in that country not vote that person, for sure you have a good economy and a good country.

Here is the problem.  The political "market" doesn't work at all like the economic market.  In fact, it works on a very basic level only, so that absolute disasters don't happen much (well -- with the exception of George W. Bush!)

As an extreme example (but showing an important point,) imagine the government owned all businesses but was completely democratic.  Among the two major candidates we vote for, one would offer OK toothpaste but terrible hamburgers, and the other would be the opposite.  So who do you vote for?  No wonder, politics always seem to disappoint.

Choice is much more fine-tuned in the economic marketplace.  That's why democracies choose to take their governments out of most business.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Dotakels

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:02:51 PM

Here is the problem.  The political "market" doesn't work at all like the economic market.  In fact, it works on a very basic level only, so that absolute disasters don't happen much (well -- with the exception of George W. Bush!)

As an extreme example (but showing an important point,) imagine the government owned all businesses but was completely democratic.  Among the two major candidates we vote for, one would offer OK toothpaste but terrible hamburgers, and the other would be the opposite.  So who do you vote for?  No wonder, politics always seem to disappoint.

Choice is much more fine-tuned in the economic marketplace.  That's why democracies choose to take their governments out of most business.
Why do owner of the business let the government own their business?  Even if they offer a big cash i will not sell my business to them because it is my assets if i lose it how i can earn?  Even if they paid me what will happened to me if the payment for my business is gone? I think the business owners are liable what happened to your country.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:42:32 PM

Governments are already aware of the blockchain technology and they acknowledge the potential that it holds and how it is going to affect and change the existing banking and financial system. But they are not ready to use bitcoin being something they have no control over. I'm sure they already have something in plan to utilize blockchain but as i said what they want is to have something that can exist alongside their system.

Yeah, for now it's really hard for them to use that blockchain technology. Lets say if they are going to implant it to the bank, are people ready for that? Still so many countries still need to know more about bitcoins if they really want to make this blockchain technology really useful. They haven't ready for bitcoins to become one of our currency and they can't even control the movement of bitcoin due to lacking so much information. May be it will be 5-10 years more this bitcoins will be used worldwide

Agreed. It will still take a time for the society to accept the bitcoin as a currency. As many countries are not aware and there are many many countries who don't even have access to internet so accepting bitcoin as a currency it would definitely need more span of time.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:55:27 PM

Governments are already aware of the blockchain technology and they acknowledge the potential that it holds and how it is going to affect and change the existing banking and financial system. But they are not ready to use bitcoin being something they have no control over. I'm sure they already have something in plan to utilize blockchain but as i said what they want is to have something that can exist alongside their system.

Yeah, for now it's really hard for them to use that blockchain technology. Lets say if they are going to implant it to the bank, are people ready for that? Still so many countries still need to know more about bitcoins if they really want to make this blockchain technology really useful. They haven't ready for bitcoins to become one of our currency and they can't even control the movement of bitcoin due to lacking so much information. May be it will be 5-10 years more this bitcoins will be used worldwide

Agreed. It will still take a time for the society to accept the bitcoin as a currency. As many countries are not aware and there are many many countries who don't even have access to internet so accepting bitcoin as a currency it would definitely need more span of time.

Which country doesnt have a internet access? I guess all countries sure have it anyway altough the internet so slow but still it can be used to do some trading or typing in this forum. I mean the downtown they must use it to do their works so its imposibble that nowadays people not using it
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:49:45 PM

The rich have to pay a lot more than the poor, that's common sense, the problem is the government fucks the weak and benefits the rich, guaranteeing everything stays the same. Tax the rich worldwide, it's the only way out from this bs.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:51:30 PM

The rich have to pay a lot more than the poor, that's common sense, the problem is the government fucks the weak and benefits the rich, guaranteeing everything stays the same. Tax the rich worldwide, it's the only way out from this bs.
Because money can change people even thw power. Peolpe cant control their feelings to have a better life even if they do a wrong things. Like the government officials they corrupted the taxes that we pay and deducted to us every month.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:37:55 PM

you know, I think that government is the highest thread for crypto generally. they can just start accusing guys for usage, disconnect farms from electricity..when I'm watching some news time to time and see, how EU acting..well. I hope that they will not fight against it.

and yes, gov using money for regulations, taxing people and all this shit around..Sad
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:44:25 PM

Yeah that's true. Can't afford to trust the Government in my country. Government of countries are against the adoption of bitcoin as a currency as they view it as a threat for fiat money. And they surely know that if accept bitcoin today as a currency it will take over fiat money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: