Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:25:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70802 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:34:20 AM

It doesnt matter if you agree or not because that is not your call to do so. Laws are the main thing government use to control his country and your job would be to bow down before the law ofcourse and ofcourse sooner or later once government start to acknowledge BTC and its threat to their economic structure then we will see a heavy tax on BTC/FIAT exchange to discourage user.

well soo the black market will act to allow users to get the bitcoins as to sell them ,currently able to get them on exchanges... if government take a huge step ,btc comunity will find a way to avoid them .... the same think some people declare the btc ammount holding others just dont....

I doubt that it will go way that far. Worst thing would be that some people will be discouraged to exchange it to FIAT and the others might still be doing it as usual. It is pretty simple to avoid it anyway because people could do a peer-2-peer exchange without involving any exchanger thus this could be use to avoid the huge tax when you are exchanging it to FIAT

if governments would think to attack bitcoin ,well for them is pretty easy to be buying bitcoins and trying to control the price...but why they should do that?they control the currencys already....countryes make the bump and dump very easy.... and yes a pression but when bank acts all market react

Governments will attack bitcoins in the future and that is for sure. Governments are very intelligent and criminal minded people they will only look at their profits so they are waiting for bitcoin to grow so once the bitcoin grows and reaches to the stable price they will definitely attack the bitcoin.
Yes the true criminals are not the people who have a tattoos sometimes their wear a tie. That is the government officials who only want is to have a money make them selves richer than to others. And aslo doesn't care about people.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1411

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 05:53:18 AM

I doubt that it will go way that far. Worst thing would be that some people will be discouraged to exchange it to FIAT and the others might still be doing it as usual. It is pretty simple to avoid it anyway because people could do a peer-2-peer exchange without involving any exchanger thus this could be use to avoid the huge tax when you are exchanging it to FIAT

Governments will attack bitcoins in the future and that is for sure. Governments are very intelligent and criminal minded people they will only look at their profits so they are waiting for bitcoin to grow so once the bitcoin grows and reaches to the stable price they will definitely attack the bitcoin.

Care to elaborate more about what you meant by "attack". Thoughts I have addressed this but the worst they could do will be to either bann BTC or put on a high tax for the BTC/FIAT exchanger to discourage people.
Banning BTC will never be a succesful way for them to "attack" BTC because eventually it will just lead BTC deeper underground. Most people will still use it eventhough it has been bann i.e russia

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:00:58 AM

It doesnt matter if you agree or not because that is not your call to do so. Laws are the main thing government use to control his country and your job would be to bow down before the law ofcourse and ofcourse sooner or later once government start to acknowledge BTC and its threat to their economic structure then we will see a heavy tax on BTC/FIAT exchange to discourage user.

well soo the black market will act to allow users to get the bitcoins as to sell them ,currently able to get them on exchanges... if government take a huge step ,btc comunity will find a way to avoid them .... the same think some people declare the btc ammount holding others just dont....

if governments would think to attack bitcoin ,well for them is pretty easy to be buying bitcoins and trying to control the price...but why they should do that?they control the currencys already....countryes make the bump and dump very easy.... and yes a pression but when bank acts all market react

what governments you're talking about? not all the governments are aghainst bitcoin, many will embraces it, because they know they can gain tons of money on taxes if it become big, if not, then they will simply not care, and bitcoin will be used for a very niche market, and from nerd only
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 07:10:47 AM

Care to elaborate more about what you meant by "attack". Thoughts I have addressed this but the worst they could do will be to either bann BTC or put on a high tax for the BTC/FIAT exchanger to discourage people.
Banning BTC will never be a succesful way for them to "attack" BTC because eventually it will just lead BTC deeper underground. Most people will still use it eventhough it has been bann i.e russia

So I think if bitcoin grow up in future, the government will prefer try to put on a high tax for bitcoin than ban it, since if they do ban then they won't gain anything, and if they legalize it than put on a tax, they get profit. If bitcoin really will be banned, I think no one will make a online shop with the bitcoin as the currency, or make other bitcoin website in the country, so the bitcoin will be so hard to developed. If the government may cooperate with bitcoin, they will help to introduce what bitcoin is to society and put high tax on it, but if they may not, they will do anything to make bitcoin is bad thing to society with mass media helping. I guess that's why there were so many news told us several crime cases that related to bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

If bitcoin really will be banned, I think no one will make a online shop with the bitcoin as the currency, or make other bitcoin website in the country, so the bitcoin will be so hard to developed.

Banning it will not stop anything actually, it will just force BTC to step into underground pace. The same thing with drugs and stuff, it is illegal in most countries but that dont stop people from using or distributing it. Although this would means that BTC will be acknowledge at something similar of "criminal related stuff" or so

If the government may cooperate with bitcoin, they will help to introduce what bitcoin is to society and put high tax on it

This will be a breeze of air and the best possible case ever but some BTC user despise goverment and also tax. Last I heard Elwar ditched all his credit cards and going to live without paying any tax

P.S : I lost track on this news, perhaps you could use search function for it

that's why there were so many news told us several crime cases that related to bitcoin.

To be honest that a fault from the BTC user. Media play a role in reporting a case which unfortunately the case is about someone using BTC to purchase some illegal things i.e silkroad. Its not the media that ruin BTC but it is the BTC user that ruin it, most people will now see BTC as a criminal related stuff due to all this negative publicity

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:05:39 PM

Banning it will not stop anything actually, it will just force BTC to step into underground pace. The same thing with drugs and stuff, it is illegal in most countries but that dont stop people from using or distributing it. Although this would means that BTC will be acknowledge at something similar of "criminal related stuff" or so

So, we can say the bitcoin will be so hard to developed in the country as I told before. If bitcoin is be banned by government, the shop online is too.

To be honest that a fault from the BTC user. Media play a role in reporting a case which unfortunately the case is about someone using BTC to purchase some illegal things i.e silkroad. Its not the media that ruin BTC but it is the BTC user that ruin it, most people will now see BTC as a criminal related stuff due to all this negative publicity

I think media seems like to exaggerated crime news related bitcoin. I don't know whether it just my feeling or it's an action of some parties behind it that don't like bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:27:17 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 08:36:26 PM by arallmuus

So, we can say the bitcoin will be so hard to developed to be adopted in the country as I told before. If bitcoin is be banned by government, the shop online is too.

Corrected some parts of it, if you mean that chances for BTC to be adopted gonna be lower then yes

I think media seems like to exaggerated crime news related bitcoin. I don't know whether it just my feeling or it's an action of some parties behind it that don't like bitcoin.

Actually there are no evidence about this yet . Some government banned BTC but also some support it , so It is pretty unclear if the negative publicity for BTC was given by the government to surpressed BTC however some government has no rights to control the media in their country though.

Also that a crime related news seems to be getting more attention from the people so that could be another reason on why media keep on exposing BTC with the bad news .

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:34:23 PM

So, we can say the bitcoin will be so hard to developed[/b] to be adopted in the country as I told before. If bitcoin is be banned by government, the shop online is too.

Corrected some parts of it, if you mean that chances for BTC to be adopted gonna be lower then yes

Actually there are no evidence about this yet . Some government banned BTC but also some support it , so It is pretty unclear if the negative publicity for BTC was given by the government to surpressed BTC however some government has no rights to control the media in their country though.

Also that a crime related news seems to be getting more attention from the people so that could be another reason on why media keep on exposing BTC with the bad news .

Yes and people believe that bitcoins are generally used for the illegal activities like drugs, money laundering etc that is what the news were published and that is the reason why bitcoins have negative impact on the minds of the people.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:18:00 PM

what governments you're talking about? not all the governments are aghainst bitcoin, many will embraces it, because they know they can gain tons of money on taxes if it become big, if not, then they will simply not care, and bitcoin will be used for a very niche market, and from nerd only
Yes thats right if they not accepted or their have no interest with bitcoin they can let it, because if the attack that like DDO's government that already accepted it will be complained that you should not do that, because many people now are using bitcoin.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:33:40 PM

So, we can say the bitcoin will be so hard to developed to be adopted in the country as I told before. If bitcoin is be banned by government, the shop online is too.

Mainstream media keeps spreading fud to Bitcoin so when people get in a critical situation like the Greeks are right now, they fear to put their money into Bitcoins and instead either leave them inside the bank and get them stolen by the gov, or leave them inside their houses in form of fiat or gold and get them stoled by other desperate Greek people and opportunistic vandals.
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 04:18:33 PM

Actually there are no evidence about this yet . Some government banned BTC but also some support it

I'm not sure if there are some government that really support bitcoin. I think they just let bitcoin grow as long as it won't disturb the economy system of the country.

Also that a crime related news seems to be getting more attention from the people so that could be another reason on why media keep on exposing BTC with the bad news.

That's why I think there is someone or some party that using media to make bitcoin become bad to world people.

Mainstream media keeps spreading fud to Bitcoin so when people get in a critical situation like the Greeks are right now, they fear to put their money into Bitcoins and instead either leave them inside the bank and get them stolen by the gov, or leave them inside their houses in form of fiat or gold and get them stoled by other desperate Greek people and opportunistic vandals.

Yeah I haven't met any users from Greece yet here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:36:59 PM

Actually there are no evidence about this yet . Some government banned BTC but also some support it

I'm not sure if there are some government that really support bitcoin. I think they just let bitcoin grow as long as it won't disturb the economy system of the country.

Also that a crime related news seems to be getting more attention from the people so that could be another reason on why media keep on exposing BTC with the bad news.

That's why I think there is someone or some party that using media to make bitcoin become bad to world people.

I meet a Greek user actually, but guess what he's a poster here.
Im pretty sure that every Greek Bitcoin user is on this forum, so to know a demographic of real BTC usage in Greece you could look at the Greek section in bitcointalk. It's safe to say Bitcoin is still a small niche there and the average folk has absolutely no idea what that is, so they are about to get a big haircut if they leave their wealth inside the banks, today was the last day to get your money out, we'll see what happens in Monday.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:42:48 PM

Yes, there are some government that support bitcoin, they even build some ATM for them too in case they are need to get their money from their wallet. But it will be a problem if bitcoin grow as long as people want and it will disturb the economy system because more people will move to bitcoin rather than fiat
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 05:05:00 PM

Actually there alot of government that do support it and BTC is considered to be a legal currency in their country. If you are interested, here is a list of how government's point of view towards BTC

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

It is not the sole fault of media, who to be blame will be the people who use it for bad things instead of the media because basically media reports whatever news you have to lure people to read them but of course Gavin Propose a Fork news wont gain as much interest as a 30 year old guy busted while purchasing a drug using BTC news.

Plenty of them at the local Greece board here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=120.0

Yes, there are some government that support bitcoin, they even build some ATM for them

Any news regarding this? AFAIK no government has build a BTC ATM for their BTC user in their country yet. Any BTC ATM that you have seen or read isnt from the government

P.S : I could be wrong on this

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 06:49:23 PM

Actually there alot of government that do support it and BTC is considered to be a legal currency in their country. If you are interested, here is a list of how government's point of view towards BTC

I think the word "support" is difference with "legalize". If government legalized something, it doesn't mean that government support it. If the government really support bitcoin, so I think they will introduce it and build facilities for bitcoin to their people. I never heard a government do that before. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Plenty of them at the local Greece board here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=120.0

Actually I never check the board yet. I'm sorry for Greek users here  Sad

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:11:53 PM

in my opinion government slowly will welcome for bitcoin as one of their economy base.

What makes you feel that? The last thing bitcoin needs is government regulation because it will affect system functioning of bitcoin. Welcoming it would be nice, fucking with it? Probably not.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:36:41 PM

in my opinion government slowly will welcome for bitcoin as one of their economy base.

What makes you feel that? The last thing bitcoin needs is government regulation because it will affect system functioning of bitcoin. Welcoming it would be nice, fucking with it? Probably not.

If there is no regulation I doubt it will ever reach mainstream status. As long as there are ways to stay anonymous and the privacy of Bitcoin which currently is pretty poor improves in the future, those that want to circumvent regulations will be able to if they want to risk it.
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:49:20 PM

Governments will always want to be able to control and regulate bitcoin since it's directly related to financial value. In a way, it's a good thing, as it will allow for consumer protection and make it harder for scammers to get away with their crimes. However, too much control and restrictive regulation will always be a problem.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 04:35:42 PM

I think the word "support" is difference with "legalize". If government legalized something, it doesn't mean that government support it. If the government really support bitcoin, so I think they will introduce it and build facilities for bitcoin to their people. I never heard a government do that before. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Indeed it is different but you should note that you are getting the wrong idea there. Government support and create FIAT but do they build bank ? YES to get a profit from FIAT. With BTC you will never getting the same treatment because BTC isnt a centralized currency which is issued by a country, it is uncorrelated with any authority at all therefore getting legalized is actually a huge stepstone for BTC already

In a way, it's a good thing, as it will allow for consumer protection and make it harder for scammers to get away with their crimes.

Huh? you should probably re-read what you have posted and also read about what makes BTC different from the old fashioned currency FIAT. By making it this way, BTC will be just another FIAT controlled by the goverment and also it will just erase the pseudo-anonymous principle of BTC and also its decentralized priciple

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:46:23 PM

because they want to control it via taxing, and regulate it, but especially because of taxes, isn't obvious? they want to milk everything that live in this planet, bitcoin will not be an exception for them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: