Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70806 times)
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:01:31 AM

The government interference is almost certainly inevitable. But it may be less intrusive than most people expect. No one individual in government would want to start an unwinnable battle.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:03:55 AM

The government interference is almost certainly inevitable. But it may be less intrusive than most people expect. No one individual in government would want to start an unwinnable battle.

Ya and in my country i don't think that government will ever come in support of the bitcoins. As the government of my country is very corrupted and they are just interested in their personal benefits rather then the benefits of the society.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:58:50 AM

hmm....in this growing world bitcoin would be uses to pay taxes..Huh?

most likely it will be taxed to death if governments start to accept it(in the sense to regulate it) more like IRS is doing in the USA

we are lucky that there is not one governments only in this world, at elast we are not 100% centralized, so one can go abroad to trade his bitcoin, where there is no restrictions
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:33:39 PM

most likely it will be taxed to death if governments start to accept it(in the sense to regulate it) more like IRS is doing in the USA

we are lucky that there is not one governments only in this world, at elast we are not 100% centralized, so one can go abroad to trade his bitcoin, where there is no restrictions
They have a news that bitcoin is dead, maybe the answer to their question is , if the government put a tax on every single transaction of bitcoin, because more users will be outweigh if one of the government that already accept bitcoin put a tax in bitcoin.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:47:24 PM

in the long run I'm more worried about unforeseen technical problems than I am with government actions.
wearepoor

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:01:18 PM

in the long run I'm more worried about unforeseen technical problems than I am with government actions.

Government will never support bitcoin, not atleast in my country, and basically the thing is the government in my country is not worried about the bitcoin as very less people are aware about the bitcoins, so it would take a long when there would create any issue in my country related to bitcoin and government.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:17:33 PM

Funny thing about Bitcoin - though governments can likely succeed in making them less useful, they can't make them any less rare.
Dotakels

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:56:45 PM

Government will never support bitcoin, not atleast in my country, and basically the thing is the government in my country is not worried about the bitcoin as very less people are aware about the bitcoins, so it would take a long when there would create any issue in my country related to bitcoin and government.
Many government are afraid on what bitcoin can do with their own currency, maybe banks can be outweigh by bitcoin because if their government support bitcoin and people more likely to used bitcoins, no more people will used banks or other company thats involves money.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:38:39 PM

Many government are afraid on what bitcoin can do with their own currency, maybe banks can be outweigh by bitcoin because if their government support bitcoin and people more likely to used bitcoins, no more people will used banks or other company thats involves money.

They are afraid, bitcoin or not, because the current global fiat regime counts its last days. I hope they can drag it along a bit, using delay and pray tactics, so bitcoin could grow a bit stronger first. But it does not seem so, it seems the fiat system is on its way down the abyss. It seems that it has already started.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

Nobody can say for sure at this point, but my best guess is that we'll wind up with regulation of some form but not an outright ban.
Dotakels

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:46:30 PM

Nobody can say for sure at this point, but my best guess is that we'll wind up with regulation of some form but not an outright ban.
yeah not totally banned but they can have a regulations that bitcoin should used in important things, like investing in company and not just like buying softdrinks or food in convenience store something like that.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:33:30 PM

yeah not totally banned but they can have a regulations that bitcoin should used in important things, like investing in company and not just like buying softdrinks or food in convenience store something like that.

They can't ban, as demonstrated in Russia, it started with a ban, now Putin is backpeddling. They will try to put a million regulations on it, but there will always be workarounds, that's what happens when money becomes programmable and open source. At this point they'll have to let things develop and work being positive about it and not against it.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:59:56 PM

It will be very difficult to tax transactions.  If bitcoin is to be treated as a currency, then it would be up to the individual to report income or for a business to report a sale and file it in their taxes.  Pretty much the same way it's recorded and filed with fiat.  For bitcoin to be legitimized, it would need to have the same tax implications as fiat.

A problem would be if it's not treated as a currency and capital gains need to be paid on price appreciation of bitcoin.
wearepoor

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:22:12 PM

They have a news that bitcoin is dead, maybe the answer to their question is , if the government put a tax on every single transaction of bitcoin, because more users will be outweigh if one of the government that already accept bitcoin put a tax in bitcoin.

If bitcoin gets legal in country, then government would surely impose a tax on it, as it would be a source of income for them, so if they come in support of bitcoin, then they would definitely collect taxes from the citizens and it would not be a profitable for the users of bitcoins.
Dotakels

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:47:52 PM

If bitcoin gets legal in country, then government would surely impose a tax on it, as it would be a source of income for them, so if they come in support of bitcoin, then they would definitely collect taxes from the citizens and it would not be a profitable for the users of bitcoins.
yes and the tax is depend on your daily earnings or in monthly earning and many users will affect if they put regulations or tax about bitcoin. Like here in philippines they studying the laws or the regulations that they can put on bitcoin.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:05:29 AM

Bank Indonesia (BI) expressly states or bitcoin digital currency and virtual currency is not the currency or legal tender in Indonesia. BI director of the Department of Communications, Peter Jacobs urged people to be careful of virtual currency Bitcoin and others. "All the risks related to the ownership or use of Bitcoin borne by the owner or user of the virtual currency Bitcoin and others
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:12:45 PM

Bank Indonesia (BI) expressly states or bitcoin digital currency and virtual currency is not the currency or legal tender in Indonesia. BI director of the Department of Communications, Peter Jacobs urged people to be careful of virtual currency Bitcoin and others. "All the risks related to the ownership or use of Bitcoin borne by the owner or user of the virtual currency Bitcoin and others

As long as they don't expressly outlaw the use of Bitcoin, we are good.
I doubt if anybody will ever come out and say that Bitcoin can be used as legal tender.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:58:57 PM

I doubt if anybody will ever come out and say that Bitcoin can be used as legal tender.

The only time bitcoin has a threat from a particular country is that their country officials feel uncertain and not comfortable with bitcoin, and go ahead and ban it in their country. The reason they ban it is quite clear, they pretend to protect their people from bitcoin but actually fear the power of bitcoin. If bitcoin is not banned in a country, it is much more easier and beneficial to improve adoption percentage in that country.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:37:35 PM

The only time bitcoin has a threat from a particular country is that their country officials feel uncertain and not comfortable with bitcoin, and go ahead and ban it in their country. The reason they ban it is quite clear, they pretend to protect their people from bitcoin but actually fear the power of bitcoin. If bitcoin is not banned in a country, it is much more easier and beneficial to improve adoption percentage in that country.
In my country indonesia there is no prohibition to use bitcoin as a means of payment, they only tell so careful to bitcoin, whereas if bitcoin legalized, this will increase the country's foreign exchange earnings
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:52:25 PM

The countries will create a model to remove a fee of the card companies transactions and sending remittances, banks of course are already worried about their future, if there is a way to monetize our money without interference and dependence of third parties ... have to adapt to the new market, for whom depends on the rate have to if adjustar to avoid bankruptcy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: