Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 03:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70802 times)
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:57:48 PM

Well bitcoin is transparant, your transaction history will show in public through blockchain, i think the cyber police/people who investigate for cyber crime will caught the crime.

I think they can track the btc address but difficult to find who has send it unless sending provide is personal info to his online wallet company. This is what I know.

Yeah you are right, authorities can monitor the transactions history through blockchain but it will be big task for them to identify the crime and reach to the person who is misusing the system, though i am not sure.
wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 712

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:54:40 PM

People will always be afraid of new stuff:
 - First guys saying earth was not the center of Universe.
 - First guys saying earth is round.
 - Wright brothers and their airplanes ideas.
All of them were considered crazy or foul because of fear, and now in economy we have a revolutionary money called "Bitcoin" that is causing fear again.

True, revolutionaries are always feared because they alter the status quo, they create new paths but also destroy some old ones.
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:58:56 AM

The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.

I think when biticoin will become the new most used and popular currency in the world there the government will as well support it and help it grow more. I think the government will be supportive in whatever may come specially when it comes to our economy.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:57:10 PM

All of them were considered crazy or foul because of fear, and now in economy we have a revolutionary money called "Bitcoin" that is causing fear again.

True, revolutionaries are always feared because they alter the status quo, they create new paths but also destroy some old ones.
fear from what? fear from the things that can be affected when the bitcoin is become the mainstream currency of the world then all of the currencies of every country will be lose?
wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 712

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:49:19 PM

fear from what? fear from the things that can be affected when the bitcoin is become the mainstream currency of the world then all of the currencies of every country will be lose?

Basically yes, if I was a banker, which I’m not, I’ll be very afraid of bitcoin and of what it will bring.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:54:02 AM

Basically yes, if I was a banker, which I’m not, I’ll be very afraid of bitcoin and of what it will bring.

Moreover if you guys were goverment or elite people who controled that money, of course you'll be very  afraid of bitcoin,because bitcoin is decentralized
Dotakels

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:12:39 AM

Moreover if you guys were goverment or elite people who controled that money, of course you'll be very  afraid of bitcoin,because bitcoin is decentralized
That what exactly what i point, bitcoin is decentralized so no one can control it even if the price can manipulate still it can't totally control. its normally that the banks owner will be afraid because bitcoin can cover their business in just a few seconds.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:39:35 AM

That what exactly what i point, bitcoin is decentralized so no one can control it even if the price can manipulate still it can't totally control. its normally that the banks owner will be afraid because bitcoin can cover their business in just a few seconds.
In this situation, I think governments just have 3 ways to face bitcoin
  • Spreading bad issues about bitcoin
  • Cooperating with bank to make their own cryptocurrency
  • Banning bitcoin in their country

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:09:29 AM

@Dotakels yup agree, because its decentralized nature means that no one entity controls it. as we know that bitcoin  is a peer to peer method of financial transfers and totally outside the banking system, the government has no clue about who is transferring money, this is the one reason why they're still not accepted bitcoin.

@Falconer one more thing from me
- Ignoring bitcoin and they will never legislate it
gampher

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:18:43 AM

no you don't need to fear about it because most of the bitcoins are going to get lost forever before bitcoin gets mainstream
also what you are speaking is a debate of 2300 not 2015
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:40:01 AM

@Dotakels yup agree, because its decentralized nature means that no one entity controls it. as we know that bitcoin  is a peer to peer method of financial transfers and totally outside the banking system, the government has no clue about who is transferring money, this is the one reason why they're still not accepted bitcoin.

Yeah but I'm not sure those governments would be ignoring bitcoin without do anything. Ignoring means they lost, and the governments arent that kind of people.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:31:12 AM

Government regulations are so slowly implemented but they're trying to adopt to new financial markets. Everything is changing, regulations and taxes too. We need few years for mass adoption and official law in almost all countries.

I think taxation is the key to government adoption.  The government would need to have access to sales transactions for taxing sales for the consumer and income for the seller.  Once that is in place, then it can be more widely accepted by large consumer goods/services companies.

Smaller players who likely don't report any taxes from bitcoin wouldn't care, but there would be large legal implications for the larger companies.
Taxation is not the answer so that government can adapt. If they put a tax on bitcoin what will be happened to the bitcoin users? They only paid every week but its wage are small. I think government can adapt by joiningto the new business strategies or using a advanced technology so that they actions will not slowly.

The only way to legitimate bitcoin is to leave it free but at one condition. Must be created rules that can make it to act as a normal currency in the same way as the currency of the country which will adopt it or other currencies which act in that country. No more and no less. The other things will be artificial and will put it in a unfavorable position.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:16:47 AM

The only way to legitimate bitcoin is to leave it free but at one condition. Must be created rules that can make it to act as a normal currency in the same way as the currency of the country which will adopt it or other currencies which act in that country. No more and no less. The other things will be artificial and will put it in a unfavorable position.
How could the governments create the rules for bitcoin to be treated as a normal currency if they cant control it like fiat? I guess if the governments cant control bitcoin, so they would try to control the companies that accepting bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:47:39 AM

How could the governments create the rules for bitcoin to be treated as a normal currency if they cant control it like fiat? I guess if the governments cant control bitcoin, so they would try to control the companies that accepting bitcoin.

Government don't control even the bakery when you buy your bread but have created strong rules about the production of the bread you eat. Otherwise you must be already when are the most. You can eat your shit and government can tell you: I cannot make nothing. I cannot control the bakery because is not mine. I cannot make any kind of rule because of this.

Try to understand that your concept about the government and the rules he made is totally wrong and infantile.  Wink
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:36:30 PM

Government don't control even the bakery when you buy your bread but have created strong rules about the production of the bread you eat. Otherwise you must be already when are the most. You can eat your shit and government can tell you: I cannot make nothing. I cannot control the bakery because is not mine. I cannot make any kind of rule because of this.

Try to understand that your concept about the government and the rules he made is totally wrong and infantile.  Wink
Good point, but bread and money are really different things you know Roll Eyes
The governments wont care what you buy, you could buy bread, coke, big mac, or pizza. But they just care with the tool you are using to buy your stuff, yeah that is "money". Could your government buy petrol from other country with bread? See the difference? Wink

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:56:31 PM

Try to understand that your concept about the government and the rules he made is totally wrong and infantile.  Wink
Good point, but bread and money are really different things you know Roll Eyes
The governments wont care what you buy, you could buy bread, coke, big mac, or pizza. But they just care with the tool you are using to buy your stuff, yeah that is "money". Could your government buy petrol from other country with bread? See the difference? Wink

I can tell for sure that you have no idea what a Government is and what is the work of it. I can tell you for sure that you make a confused mixture of words without meaning which tell nothing and explain only and again bullshit. I can tell you that you can continue to explain the petrol and the bread all the day and in all bitcointalk but this cannot make your answer more understandable and more authoritarian as you implies. And at the end I can tell you (by ensuring) that from your last answer that is easy understandable that is totally useless to discuss and to deal with you. Sorry mate for you. Really sorry.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:00:10 PM

I can tell for sure that you have no idea what a Government is and what is the work of it. I can tell you for sure that you make a confused mixture of words without meaning which tell nothing and explain only and again bullshit. I can tell you that you can continue to explain the petrol and the bread all the day and in all bitcointalk but this cannot make your answer more understandable and more authoritarian as you implies. And at the end I can tell you (by ensuring) that from your last answer that is easy understandable that is totally useless to discuss and to deal with you. Sorry mate for you. Really sorry.
Yeah if you could explain it all for me, that would be great. I was responding your opinion with what I know so far, and sorry, seems I have misunderstood what you said. But for me, making rules is a control. Government can control a company with making regulation for them, even for bakery.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dotakels

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:27:14 PM

Even if they didn't know who transfer the money still they can use blockchain to track the address or they can find the companies that hold the information about the specific user.
amazonrefunder1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

illuminati

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:05:01 PM

I hope , they make a physical BTC it better than virtual
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:12:11 PM

I hope , they make a physical BTC it better than virtual

You mean like this?

It can be worth 1 BTC, and minted out of pure gold, and can be physically traded Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: