Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:52:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COV] Coven [33k Coins/3%POS]  (Read 32540 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:30:00 AM

Roadmap looks sweet. Estimated dates?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zing96

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:33:14 AM

You guys should see on the transactions page if the stake has confirmed or not.  My guess is your coins staked a block and just haven't confirmed yet.  It usually takes a couple (to a few) hours for them to be available.
cryptic4000

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:34:11 AM

You guys should see on the transactions page if the stake has confirmed or not.  My guess is your coins staked a block and just haven't confirmed yet.  It usually takes a couple (to a few) hours for them to be available.

Is that due to less number of people staking?

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
zing96

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:37:17 AM

You guys should see on the transactions page if the stake has confirmed or not.  My guess is your coins staked a block and just haven't confirmed yet.  It usually takes a couple (to a few) hours for them to be available.

No.  This is how staking works.  When you stake a block, your coins move over to the stake column and are unavailable until the block is confirmed (just like how you don't get your coins from a mining pool until like...120 blocks later).  If this is indeed the case (and not some weird wallet issue), then you'll see this on the transactions page.
zing96

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:43:08 AM

You guys should see on the transactions page if the stake has confirmed or not.  My guess is your coins staked a block and just haven't confirmed yet.  It usually takes a couple (to a few) hours for them to be available.

No.  This is how staking works.  When you stake a block, your coins move over to the stake column and are unavailable until the block is confirmed (just like how you don't get your coins from a mining pool until like...120 blocks later).  If this is indeed the case (and not some weird wallet issue), then you'll see this on the transactions page.

My best guess is the update combined the inputs from people wallets and now there are not enough inputs/coins to keep the block chain moving. It has been on block 1944 for a while now.

Where is the latest wallet?  I get a "no longer available" error at the link in the OP of this ANN.

Nevermind - seems wallet I originally downloaded is same as what dev mentioned above.  I'm currently on block 1949 with last block generated 33 minutes ago.

Block 1948 took over an hour to find.  Block 1949 only took about a minute.  Seems it's just...slow.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:46:16 AM

someone increase the balance  Grin
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:32:50 AM

yup the chain is just moving slow right now, the blockchain will get to a normal speed once more people start staking  Cool it's all good

I haven't received any orphans in my wallet or any other issues

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
rpandassociates

Activity: 174

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:38:11 AM

No.  This is how staking works.  When you stake a block, your coins move over to the stake column and are unavailable until the block is confirmed (just like how you don't get your coins from a mining pool until like...120 blocks later).  If this is indeed the case (and not some weird wallet issue), then you'll see this on the transactions page.

So your saying my available balance is on hold till the stake clears?

so then in that case

so the transaction details state
Date: 4/24/2015 11:18
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 COV
Net amount: -70.07140878 COV
Transaction ID: ac969c10a785984dbf51daa0f33ad5fa02be91f7d1d258e909e65594b38bc060

Generated coins must mature 110 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.
now the clock on it is yellow and says it has 17 and needs 21 confirmations been like this for hours still like this. Never seen confirmations take this long before ... I think its stuck?
Starin

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 04:40:34 AM

Yeah, only problem is network not being fast. With the new roadmap I'm sure there will be more people staking.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:53:36 AM

So your saying my available balance is on hold till the stake clears?

so then in that case

so the transaction details state
Date: 4/24/2015 11:18
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 COV
Net amount: -70.07140878 COV
Transaction ID: ac969c10a785984dbf51daa0f33ad5fa02be91f7d1d258e909e65594b38bc060

Generated coins must mature 110 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.
now the clock on it is yellow and says it has 17 and needs 21 confirmations been like this for hours still like this. Never seen confirmations take this long before ... I think its stuck?

I think the 110 confirms is just for mining, pos confirms is only 20, and yes it's moving slow right now but it will pick up... the coin is only 1951 blocks old after all  Cool

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Starin

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 04:57:57 AM

Btw my wallet is out of sync too. But I stake whatsoever.  Huh Huh

zing96

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:09:19 AM

No.  It's not stuck  The chain is slow at the moment.  Your coins will go back to normal when it confirms.  You just have to wait it out.

I've sent my coins to my wallet to help support the network.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:23:10 AM

Roadmap looks great! Smiley

buddynuno

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:12:52 AM

How about tweeting COV to some whales? Think they would like it Smiley

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:36:22 AM

Website n roadmap good ..

I suggest you make signature for promotion and some bounty , translation or everything for build the community .
good job Dev
CovenDev (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:27:12 AM

happy community liked the stage 1 roadmap; I also addressed users having syncing issues; will continue to provide updates with progress
Starin

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 07:28:44 AM

I can see the new blocks generated, but mine is stuck at 1944, trying to reach 1955. How long should this take?

tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:49:30 AM

I can see the new blocks generated, but mine is stuck at 1944, trying to reach 1955. How long should this take?

This is because the dev changed the target spacing. The chain is going have big problems until this is straightened out. There is no way that a coin with an 8 hour maturity (original) should have problems moving the chain when it is already a week old. It's been 161 minutes since the last block.

I'm not trying to fud, only help. The dev looks legit here, but he butchered block validation on the last commit. It's not a hard fix. Just undo two lines from the last commit.

If any one thinks I am fudding this coin, then do this if you have the latest wallet. Look for the exact string "-> 100" in your debug.log files. That string will be found close to the word "misbehaving" and you may see something about "not enough proof of work". All together, that means your client is banning peers and rejecting blocks that it shouldn't be. New clients will never be able to sync a fresh chain because of this problem. That's going to kill adoption and will stop the rise of this coin in it's tracks.

I'm psyched about the road map, but the target spacing needs to be fixed.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
Starin

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 07:52:36 AM

I actaully synced, but had troubles. Almost lost 25 coins that were staking, thanks God I always do backups!

But a solution would be great, as you adviced.

ramtony

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:00:01 AM

This is because the dev changed the target spacing. The chain is going have big problems until this is straightened out. There is no way that a coin with an 8 hour maturity (original) should have problems moving the chain when it is already a week old. It's been 161 minutes since the last block.

I'm not trying to fud, only help. The dev looks legit here, but he butchered block validation on the last commit. It's not a hard fix. Just undo two lines from the last commit.

If any one thinks I am fudding this coin, then do this if you have the latest wallet. Look for the exact string "-> 100" in your debug.log files. That string will be found close to the word "misbehaving" and you may see something about "not enough proof of work". All together, that means your client is banning peers and rejecting blocks that it shouldn't be. New clients will never be able to sync a fresh chain because of this problem. That's going to kill adoption and will stop the rise of this coin in it's tracks.

I'm psyched about the road map, but the target spacing needs to be fixed.

Thanks for the node list, this has sorted the connections but I have the same problem here too Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: