Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:05:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Bots  (Read 2364 times)
ericpfdz (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:23:22 PM

I am totally clueless about trading bots. How do they work? Are they profitable? How much would one cost? Can I make my own? Any helpful online resources would be appreciated. I cant wait to hear you guys' advice!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:27:30 PM

I am totally clueless about trading bots. How do they work? Are they profitable? How much would one cost? Can I make my own? Any helpful online resources would be appreciated. I cant wait to hear you guys' advice!

They work differently depending on what type of bot you want.  They automate some to all of trades for you. Some are free to download but watch for virus - look for solid community feedback before downloading.  Anything which makes a ton of profit isnt for sale i would guess.  Other people can chime in now Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:41:17 PM

they work on an algorithm that is made by who created the bot, they just follow a pattern nothing special, however more complex is the algorithm, more efficient will be the bot

so they are profitable only if the strategy of who made it was profitable, and if you want to make one, you need to know how to code first
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:50:37 PM

especially on exchanges with zero fees bots can be very profitable when you only have a low trade balance. the algorythm is the most important part. make sure you never download bots via torrent sites or other places. they mostly contain a virus.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 08:35:22 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 05:59:57 PM by deisik

You should know how to code. Most exchanges have api's that make it possible to use almost any programming language to write such a bot. But before all you should understand that if you aren't profitable "by hand", hardly will a trading bot which you might code help you. You will just waste time (if only learn how to code)...

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:54:36 AM

Basically, you can think of them as robots that make trades on your behalf based on trading rules you provide to them.

Here are a couple of examples:
https://cryptotrader.org/
https://www.butter-bot.com/

As human being, we all have a life away from coin trading, so we can't stick to the computer all the time to see if the market conditions are suitable for you to make a trade. So you provide this set of rules to a bot and give them access to your exchange accounts and they'll make trades on your behalf - so you don't miss the pump & dumps.

Based on how much you trade and how well you define your rules, the bot can be profitable or not.
But the examples provided above are free, feel free to try them out.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:07:50 AM

Basically, you can think of them as robots that make trades on your behalf based on trading rules you provide to them.

As human being, we all have a life away from coin trading, so we can't stick to the computer all the time to see if the market conditions are suitable for you to make a trade. So you provide this set of rules to a bot and give them access to your exchange accounts and they'll make trades on your behalf - so you don't miss the pump & dumps.

Based on how much you trade and how well you define your rules, the bot can be profitable or not.

Always wanted to know more about bot trading.. If we want to run 24/7.. Do we need to have a VPS or..?

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:31:50 AM

Always wanted to know more about bot trading.. If we want to run 24/7.. Do we need to have a VPS or..?

If you use services like the ones mentioned above, you don't have to host anything. Everything runs on their servers.
Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:48:15 AM

Hi, check My Bot  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.0
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:42:59 AM

Bots are better than human being, but the problem is if you didnt go with a good algorithm bot and also you didnt go with good trading platform, you will be looser, otherwise bots are good, the main problem with trading is dont be greedy, you cant get rich in 1 month or 1 year, it take time, so give some time...also try to use multiple bots with multiple algorithm, do not invest all your money in one algorithm...some times that creates pain..

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Phillis

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:41:23 AM

yeah you guys should check out haasbot. We provide excellent customer service and we offer tons of features/over 50 indicators. We support 12 different exchanges with over 800 cryptocurrency markets: https://www.haasonline.com
fuzzbuzz

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 04:49:37 PM

I make algorithms for the Forex market. I haven't dived into BTC trading because each exchange has their own API ( commands ) and there is not a standardized trading platform for BTC trading yet. I know that fxopen and BTCE- both offer MetaTrader ( A trading platform that makes automated trading aka BOTS easily coded using c language) but their spreads and commission make trading Bitcoins inefficient and more difficult to make profit. 

Building/Designing the actual trading decisions for a fully automated and profitable algorithm takes most of all trading experience. Here is a list of my bots for Forex and these strategies could possibly work for Bitcoin - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedRhinolab
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:20:36 PM

The CAT Bot is quite interesting, check it out!
CoinTop

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:57:14 AM

Thanks for these been looking for one Smiley
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 10:29:32 AM

If you want to see how they work, go to Bittrex or any other exchange and try to sell any coin. In the sell option enter the price just a satoshi less from the previous orders, you will immediately see the Bot the other people are using will cancel their order and make another order, a satoshi less from yours. It does the same with Buying also, it will keep going up until it has reached it's maximum Buying price defined in it's algorithm by the Bot programmer.

It takes time to manually cancel an order and start another one with different prices but the Bot does that automatically within seconds.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
snailcoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:45:26 PM

I ran hassbot back in the day. Its by the far the most feature packed bot, so much it over complicates bot trading.

InvestONEr

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:42:23 PM

I would recommend running HaasBot from a VPS.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:15:09 PM

..give a try to this software too..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=807794.0

have fun!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
hacksmash

Activity: 220
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:59:15 PM

I don't HAVE a bot, but I have manipulated them into buying my coins at a price higher than they really wanted too. Its especially easy with the "homebrew" bots. Its not quick by any means...but its made me a bit of extra coin... and its just plain fun  Grin

DO NOT CODE YOUR OWN BOT; unless you have serious financial market experience

BLK : BDixtCZLWG2M3uTCN1tqXSCu4chXnN5TgH UNO : uZDvh8ZWMN859sksKqkoeUX3trazXro8MH
CDN : CduyH8dMb282mv8XTE2ZDqZ9H4yvnNDKXJ BTC : 17QTs29kJtrowWL7mQ8NKZHSnMiT7QTW7m
Phillis

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:54:20 AM

Haasbot 2.2 has been released, which includes candlestick pattern recognition indicators, trend identification, Coinbase, OKCoin.com/cn, BTCChina support (as well as 9 other exchanges), and 14 new indicators: https://www.haasonline.com/haasbot-updates/haasbot-2-2-a-major-milestone/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: