Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:08:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken Accepting MtGox Bankruptcy Claims  (Read 8274 times)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:28:56 PM

Regardless of whether you are claiming through Kraken or the MtGox claims site, don't forget that the trustee has said they will accept claims up until May 29th Japan time.

When do you think we might start seeing some coin?  & for an even trickier question what % chance in your opinion would you put on us seeing anything back at all? (guess you cant speculate on that?)

The timeline for payouts depends on how long it takes the trustee to evaluate all the claims. This is bound to be a slow process and I wouldn't expect payouts for 3 more months at least.

I can't speculate on a % chance, but assuming the information given by the trustee is accurate, it seems claimants have a good chance to see a portion of their original funds returned. It's hard to say how much claimants might get back though.

Hopefully the trustee will issue an update sometime in the next month or so that will shed more light on things, but until then all we can do is wait. Hang in there everyone!     
big ears

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:41:42 PM

Regardless of whether you are claiming through Kraken or the MtGox claims site, don't forget that the trustee has said they will accept claims up until May 29th Japan time.

When do you think we might start seeing some coin?  & for an even trickier question what % chance in your opinion would you put on us seeing anything back at all? (guess you cant speculate on that?)

The timeline for payouts depends on how long it takes the trustee to evaluate all the claims. This is bound to be a slow process and I wouldn't expect payouts for 3 more months at least.

I can't speculate on a % chance, but assuming the information given by the trustee is accurate, it seems claimants have a good chance to see a portion of their original funds returned. It's hard to say how much claimants might get back though.

Hopefully the trustee will issue an update sometime in the next month or so that will shed more light on things, but until then all we can do is wait. Hang in there everyone!     

The deadline for claims has been extended until the end of July so evaluating all the claims will take even longer than we thought. A number of bitcointalk members said they had missed the original deadline and the extension is good news for them. Spread the word because they only have a few weeks left to claim.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114773/new-dutch-law-on-bulk-surveillance-allows-tapping-of-bitcoin-network

Trustee Extends Online Deadline for Mt. Gox Claimants

Customers affected by Mt. Gox's insolvency have been given more time to file their online bankruptcy claims. A document from bankruptcy trustee Nobuaki Kobayashi, released on the former exchange's webpage, indicated the deadline has been extended from the end of May to July 29.

The document states:

"Nearer the time of distribution, the bankruptcy trustee is planning to give users an opportunity to use the system again to make changes to the details of their bankruptcy claims other than increasing the amount of the bankruptcy claims that users have filed.”
mgroenouwe

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:06:29 PM

Extended 1.5 month AFTER the deadline was elapsed? It was more like a target Date if you ask me...
Not very professional for a trustee/lawyer to extend it.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:10:54 AM

Extended 1.5 month AFTER the deadline was elapsed? It was more like a target Date if you ask me...

Sounds like they are just trying to drag the thing out to take more out, they will drag out each stage and probably see payments end of next year i bet.  Oh well at least its another way to store some bitcoin.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:44:21 AM

It's very professional for the trustee to extend the deadline. If you assume he gets only 2,000 USD per day, this is another 60,000 USD he receives for his service.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:05:43 PM

Thanks for providing us with some details, lets hope things go to schedule from here on out.  If it turns out i get 20 25% or whatever back and bitcoin has gone to the moon it might turn out i could make ROI in dollar value, ha!
overcurrent

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:55:33 AM

Do people recommend switching the claim to Kraken? What are the pros and cons?
Amph (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:48:21 PM

i received this yesterday, forgot to mention, don't know if it's fake  and i'm the only one receiving it or it's real, it's a deadline for your claim

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:31:11 AM

Emails are not very secure. That email looks to match the doc posted at https://www.mtgox.com/.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: