Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:35:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin confirmations times are taking over 4 EFFING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9422 times)
HasherHub

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:59:54 AM

I just looked at my transaction on blockchain.info and I'm see this:

Estimated Confirmation: Time Within 6 Blocks (Medium Priority) (The transaction fee is less than recommended).

Yet I put the typical 0.0001 fee.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:50:53 AM

Isn't this like super bad as in one of the main selling points for it as a currency is the short transactions times?

mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:33:39 AM

There is no world-wide money transfer system that settles transaction faster than those 4 hours. Well, Bitcoin and its clones are most of the time much faster. If you are willing to accept the risc of chargebacks, you should accept 0-confirmation transactions.
I send euro from my bank to the person with the same bank in 1-2 hours.
You are not sending euro, just some numbers changed in your bank, similar to doing an internal transaction in one of the bitcoin exchanges, some numbers changed in your bank's database, does not involve any real money transfer
i know but you get the point though, euros will be available in 1-2 hours.

My bank does not need hours to move numbers from one account to another. It's a matter of seconds. In Bitcoin an internal transfer is more like moving the private key from one wallet to another one. Depending on your wallets this process is very fast, too. But this is not what I meant with world-wide money transfer.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:37:06 PM

The transaction has now +90 confirmations so I guess we can now close the case.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:53:41 PM

A little something for OP: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1038896.0

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
HasherHub

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:23:00 PM

Most mature post I've ever seen.

This place has descended into a bunch of gullible naive retards, I have little respect for the BTC community at this point. All of you can go fuck yourselves. There is little help around, a lot of bitching, and very little intellectual conversation. I feel like talking to a tree would lead to more intellectual conversation.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:32:25 PM

- snip -
This place has descended into a bunch of gullible naive retards,
- snip -

I've found that the "ignore" link has made my browsing experience here MUCH better.

I have little respect for the BTC community at this point.

Then you are talking to the wrong people.  You should be more careful about how you spend your time.

All of you can go fuck yourselves.

Now who's being immature?

There is little help around, a lot of bitching, and very little intellectual conversation.

I do what I can to help.  I try hard to avoid bitching.  What would you like to converse about?

I feel like talking to a tree would lead to more intellectual conversation.

If you are wasting your time talking to people that have signature ads, then I agree with you.
auswalk (OP)

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:37:51 AM

The transaction has now +90 confirmations so I guess we can now close the case.

Yeah, the sombitch finally confirmed after about 24 hours. Still not exactly sure why. If it was b/c of a low or zero fee, that's still horseshit. There's alot of confusion around fees etc.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:42:40 AM

I just looked at my transaction on blockchain.info and I'm see this:

Estimated Confirmation: Time Within 6 Blocks (Medium Priority) (The transaction fee is less than recommended).

Yet I put the typical 0.0001 fee.

maybe the recommandation is based on the lowest fee that is used in the queue

Isn't this like super bad as in one of the main selling points for it as a currency is the short transactions times?

it was already said that the previous transaction does not included a fee, they should fix this to be honest

maybe i'm missing something but why a transaction should depend of the previous transaction fee?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:34:19 AM

maybe i'm missing something but why a transaction should depend of the previous transaction fee?

It doesn't but it depends on the previous transaction being confirmed at all.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 02:45:47 PM

The problem isn't the dependence upon the fee of the previous transaction, but rather that the OP used unconfirmed inputs in his transaction.  Yes, those inputs were unconfirmed because the fee was 0, but the OP further complicated the matter by using those inputs in his own transaction.

As DannyHamilton mentioned, unless a pool is using a look-ahead method to know that by confirming the unconfirmed inputs they will be receiving fees from the child transaction, OP is forced to wait for those inputs to confirm.  Since it appears the transactions finally confirmed, everything is good to go.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:12:33 AM

Yeah, the sombitch finally confirmed after about 24 hours. Still not exactly sure why. If it was b/c of a low or zero fee, that's still horseshit. There's alot of confusion around fees etc.
There's no confusion at all. I am exactly sure why it took so long for your transaction to be confirmed, and I told you why. Smooth told you that I told you. He then repeated what I told you and so did DannyHamilton, twice. Why ask a question if you're not going to read the answer?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
auswalk (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:17:02 AM

I understand someone obviously used a wallet that allowed them to send BTC to me from a previously unconfirmed transaction b/c the fee was 0BTC.

Why it took so long to confirm the 0BTC fee transaction is disconcerting. I'll go back to what a said - a fucking 300 baud modem is faster.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 03:49:18 AM

I understand someone obviously used a wallet that allowed them to send BTC to me from a previously unconfirmed transaction b/c the fee was 0BTC.

Why it took so long to confirm the 0BTC fee transaction is disconcerting. I'll go back to what a said - a fucking 300 baud modem is faster.
Good luck finding a 300 baud modem that can solve a block in under 24 hours.

It takes that long because the vast majority of the network won't bother trying to include zero fee transactions in the blocks they are creating.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
auswalk (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:54:07 AM

Good luck finding a 300 baud modem that can solve a block in under 24 hours.

It takes that long because the vast majority of the network won't bother trying to include zero fee transactions in the blocks they are creating.

SO what's the deal. I use bitcoin-qt 10.1. Doesn't it include the fee required that makes the transaction confirm within the next block?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:13:39 AM

- snip -
I use bitcoin-qt 10.1. Doesn't it include the fee required
- snip -

I'M NOT TRYING TO SPEND ANYTHING. i'M TRYING TO GET THE TRANSACTION SENT TO ME CONFIRMED.
- snip -

Code:
+----------+
|  PLEASE  |
|  DO NOT  |
| FEED THE |
|  TROLLS  |
+----------+
    |  |   
    |  |   
  .\|.||/..
auswalk (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:16:46 AM

DIFFERENT QUESTION. I've had this go both ways.

- snip -
I use bitcoin-qt 10.1. Doesn't it include the fee required
- snip -

I'M NOT TRYING TO SPEND ANYTHING. i'M TRYING TO GET THE TRANSACTION SENT TO ME CONFIRMED.
- snip -

Code:
+----------+
|  PLEASE  |
|  DO NOT  |
| FEED THE |
|  TROLLS  |
+----------+
    |  |   
    |  |   
  .\|.||/..
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:15:47 AM

A 300 baud modem won't do any good for someone who doesn't pay their phone bill. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
auswalk (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:53:58 AM

Worthless pile of shit forum.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 08:09:57 AM

Worthless pile of shit forum.

*plonk*

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: