Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:53:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What kind of algorithm?
X11 - Easy POW/POS type of coin - 37 (40.2%)
X11 - Only POW - 6 (6.5%)
X11 - Only POS - 49 (53.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinT [BTX] | X11 | LUCKY BLOCKS - C-CEX - PM TEAM SETUP.  (Read 39715 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:05:40 AM

Question guys --- when running the *nix daemon, what's the maximum value that can be used for timeout to unlock the wallet for staking using
walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout> [stakingonly]

or is there a "forever" value?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
real789

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:47:09 AM

done too i hope we can trade BTX in bittrex Smiley

===Sempak===
Diggio

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:27:18 AM

Not bad, BTX is still in the "hot coins" list of C-Cex because of trade volume.

And a return to Bittrex after the coins proofs stability is also in sight.

Honestly, volume is pretty low... it is ok, but not great. Only 5 BTC volume is not woow, just mmm, ok. Of course 5 BTC on C-CEX means 15 - 20 BTCs on Bittrex, but still people really need to start trading more, and buying at ask, as BTX is moving lower every day.

True. But we only just got this coin back from the "dead", on great community effort. And we don't pump it with non existing roadmaps.
The coin needs time to regain trust and getting it back to Bittrex is one of the things that will bring it a bit closer to the biggest satellite earth knows.
But I won't take any action to get it back to Bittrex yet, I'm sure they want to be sure it's 100% safe before re-listing it and that may take another week.

Don't forget to vote on Cryptsy too. They add "paid voted" coins but also look at separate votes coming from different users/IP's.

It would help if we could shake off all of the negative baggage. Create new OP for BTX without any of the BT leftover junk.  State what the coin can do and include a screenshot of the new wallet when ready.  Talk about the lucky blocks and 20% return and include links to the wallet and blockchain explorers.  Perhaps shoot for a mobile wallet as well.  Perhaps an intent to integrate with tools that allow spending of the coin to purchase every day items.

We can agree on what kind of rewards we want to implement at the end of 30 days and add that as well as the other projections to create a realistic roadmap. Agree with placebo that we don't need a lot of technical stuff that doesn't really add value.

If we spend a week getting everything in place, we can then start getting the word out and engaging with the exchanges to add the coin. People coming to view the coin will see a new coin that just completed POW and is now POS.  They will see a good reason to purchase and hold (stake).

In the interim, I'm buying up as much as I can at these low prices.  Once we get that in place and it gets listed on the other exchanges, the price should rise to something much more reasonable.  The only people selling are those who don't understand POS and are waiting for a roadmap to be defined.  Expect they will be back at some point.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:43:34 AM

new wallet update will be much appreciated... my wallet stuck again  Cry lol

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
MCDev

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:47:36 AM

I don't think your wallet is stuck.  POS blocks take a while.  How many connections do you show?  And did you add the official nodes to your conf file?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
MCDev

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:15:01 AM

new wallet update will be much appreciated... my wallet stuck again  Cry lol

Did you resolve your wallet issue? 

Everything is running perfect right now, better then a lot of my other coins I have wallets for.  After leaving the first reply to you, one of my buys went through on C-Cex so I had withdraw the coins.  I cannot begin to tell you how fast they moved.  I had to create 10 addresses in my wallet and after that I started placing the 10 withdraws.  One I had them all in, I went to my email to confirm the withdraws.

I had the C-Cex site open in one window, email in another, and my staking wallet in another.
I clicked the confirmation link in the email and as soon as the tab opened on the website, the announcement showed up in my wallet transaction list.
By the time I clicked on the 10th confirmation email link, all the transfers had at least 1 confirm…. This was in a matter of under 90 seconds!!!

I have never had a coin work so well (fast) for confirmations, even POWs,  I think we are over the initial slowdowns and sync issues as long as everyone sets their conf file with the “Official Nodes” in the OP.  Those are the 2 nodes that I’m using without issues

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
ahmed9979

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:08:56 AM

You know, a person that saved a coin, that doesn't mean that he has to stay working for a coin that he has saved, it is not his own soul. Also people can have several reasons why they don't want to continue working for a certain coins, FUDs, too busy in private, etc. In fact we should all bless DEV that he safe this coin and now it is the community to improve it with services. In fact the coin itself should not be improved a lot, it is more making your coin available for the market, allowing people to buy products with your coin, etc. That is the real innovation. The farmer or your family or friends really don't care if your coin has stealth addresses, or has masternodes or whatever. They want to know can i buy beer or pizza around the corner with BTX, they will never say, "BTX that is a crazy master node coin", they will say "Do you know, you can buy bread with BTX coins". That is the innovation, if you cannot get your coin outside crypto world then it is just a coin that will be pumped from time to time.

Agree with this. What makes this coin worthwhile now is the ability to earn one of those 28 "Lottery" lucky blocks over the next 30 days. You want a coin that is being used or staked--staking locks that coin up in a wallet to earn those rewards versus dumping them on the market and putting downward pressure on the price.

We have 30 days to define a road map and future features. When the large lucky blocks end, do we continue with smaller lucky blocks for a while longer to provide incentive to hold as "spendable" features are added. What about "burning" features? That's a new way of earning rewards while maintaining a healthy overall number and controlling inflation.

I have 30 years of dev experience and may be able to help with this--which is why I reviewed some of the code last night and checked out the graphic sizes, staking information, return, etc. Unfortunately, I still have a full time job and a life that would limit the amount of time available.

There is a lot of code included in this wallet (659 files and 632 files just in the source directory); added over time and for a lot of specific reasons. It's not rocket science but it would take time to get comfortable with what is there and fully configure the development/testing environments. As placebo stated, it does take time if done correctly and the reward has to be worth it--especially when you are asking a dev to pick up a coin built by someone else. When experienced and high-demand developers can spend their time working on things that pay well, it's hard to justify additional volunteer work. Younger developers have more time but are also generally less stable and are more likely to "abandon the coin" when they see a better opportunity.

@ placebo; would the current developer be willing to discuss the coin and code with a new developer if they promised not to release his name?

I'm glad to have someone with your skill and expertise on board. The dev wouldn't have to apply any major changes, just patch things up here and there when in need. I'm sure if we keep this thread going we'll get lucky and find more devs also willing to help. The number one priority for now is to get more people to stake and make a fully functional wallet that looks good. I really suck at UI/UX design as I haven't done that before, I'll need to look up some references to make something that looks pretty.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:18:50 AM

I don't think your wallet is stuck.  POS blocks take a while.  How many connections do you show?  And did you add the official nodes to your conf file?

yeah I've got the nodes from the main page, and have no connections.

going to restart it again, have been distracted for a couple hours

EDIT going to try a few thing's... it's at block 3005

WAVES
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:44:28 AM

synced from scratch again, restarted it twice along the way and sync'd right up now

WAVES
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:46:41 AM

the value stiil not increased ?
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:50:19 AM

so? it's the first few days and bugs are still being worked out lol did expect instant moon or something?

WAVES
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:20:57 AM

so? it's the first few days and bugs are still being worked out lol did expect instant moon or something?

Bugs? There are no bugs. Staking just take long, that is it.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:24:29 AM

+1, just be patient people

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:32:45 AM

Please RT :

https://twitter.com/freedom190000/status/594920381162618880

Only 15 retweets at the moment, this can be a lot better Cheesy
Diggio

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:02:44 AM

Will be putting in a purchase order for another 1.8 million BTX. Feel free to sell against my order.  Will be up as soon as BTC confirms.

I love the guy that has the order up to sell 1 BTX for 1000 BTC.  Seriously?  Trying to make it appear there is a lot more selling pressure than there really is?
bamrieid

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:18:42 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 06:33:42 AM by bamrieid

I had a lost transaction of few hundreds BTX from c-cex  since their wallet where on the wrong block chain an I made a ticket for them but till now nobody reply or take any action toward the correction and the ticket is open about 48 hours now

Is this normal  and what I could do? should I open new ticket or what?
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:18:53 AM

Will be putting in a purchase order for another 1.8 million BTX. Feel free to sell against my order.  Will be up as soon as BTC confirms.

I love the guy that has the order up to sell 1 BTX for 1000 BTC.  Seriously?  Trying to make it appear there is a lot more selling pressure than there really is?

I accidently have 4M BTX coins Cheesy Someone dumped twice on my wall. Ah, we all know what happen one day. It will hit BTX, the big whales are pumping on BTX, some of those people are buying some cheap coins now, and at the moment it hit Bittrex then we will see lot higher prices. This coin has a marketcap of only $8k, it had a marketcap of $160k, what has changed? A scam dev is gone. The coin is still the same , or better the coin is fixed and the structure is still the same, so it should move higher. Cheesy
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:20:18 AM

I had a lost transaction of few hundreds BTX from c-cex  since their wallet where on the wrong block chain an I mad a ticket for them but till now nobody reply or take any action toward the correction and the ticket is open abut 48 hours now

Is this normal  and what I could do? should I open new ticket or what?

Are you sure that he didn't update your account with those few hundreds of BTX, did you check your trade history? Is your withdraw still there?
bamrieid

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:28:45 AM

I had a lost transaction of few hundreds BTX from c-cex  since their wallet where on the wrong block chain an I mad a ticket for them but till now nobody reply or take any action toward the correction and the ticket is open abut 48 hours now

Is this normal  and what I could do? should I open new ticket or what?

Are you sure that he didn't update your account with those few hundreds of BTX, did you check your trade history? Is your withdraw still there?

no update to my amount of the BTX "it such a small amount so I will definitely notice  Grin" and the transaction still in the history and this happened just before they put thier wallet in mentenance  after they fix thier wallet I had two withdrawals to same address and they reached ok
Diggio

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:47:10 AM

I love the guy that has the order up to sell 1 BTX for 1000 BTC.  Seriously?  Trying to make it appear there is a lot more selling pressure than there really is?

I accidently have 4M BTX coins Cheesy Someone dumped twice on my wall. Ah, we all know what happen one day. It will hit BTX, the big whales are pumping on BTX, some of those people are buying some cheap coins now, and at the moment it hit Bittrex then we will see lot higher prices. This coin has a marketcap of only $8k, it had a marketcap of $160k, what has changed? A scam dev is gone. The coin is still the same , or better the coin is fixed and the structure is still the same, so it should move higher. Cheesy

Agreed--which is why I'm buying more and staking more.   Grin
BTC confirmation time is horribly slooooooow!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: