Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What kind of algorithm?
X11 - Easy POW/POS type of coin - 37 (40.2%)
X11 - Only POW - 6 (6.5%)
X11 - Only POS - 49 (53.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinT [BTX] | X11 | LUCKY BLOCKS - C-CEX - PM TEAM SETUP.  (Read 39715 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:11:33 PM

Marketcap of $8k

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoint/

vanyabios

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:18:58 PM

i think 8 retweets because 1-9 may holidays
most people are celebrating now
Diggio

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:37:19 PM

You know, a person that saved a coin, that doesn't mean that he has to stay working for a coin that he has saved, it is not his own soul. Also people can have several reasons why they don't want to continue working for a certain coins, FUDs, too busy in private, etc. In fact we should all bless DEV that he safe this coin and now it is the community to improve it with services. In fact the coin itself should not be improved a lot, it is more making your coin available for the market, allowing people to buy products with your coin, etc. That is the real innovation. The farmer or your family or friends really don't care if your coin has stealth addresses, or has masternodes or whatever. They want to know can i buy beer or pizza around the corner with BTX, they will never say, "BTX that is a crazy master node coin", they will say "Do you know, you can buy bread with BTX coins". That is the innovation, if you cannot get your coin outside crypto world then it is just a coin that will be pumped from time to time.

Agree with this. What makes this coin worthwhile now is the ability to earn one of those 28 "Lottery" lucky blocks over the next 30 days. You want a coin that is being used or staked--staking locks that coin up in a wallet to earn those rewards versus dumping them on the market and putting downward pressure on the price.

We have 30 days to define a road map and future features. When the large lucky blocks end, do we continue with smaller lucky blocks for a while longer to provide incentive to hold as "spendable" features are added. What about "burning" features? That's a new way of earning rewards while maintaining a healthy overall number and controlling inflation.

I have 30 years of dev experience and may be able to help with this--which is why I reviewed some of the code last night and checked out the graphic sizes, staking information, return, etc. Unfortunately, I still have a full time job and a life that would limit the amount of time available.

There is a lot of code included in this wallet (659 files and 632 files just in the source directory); added over time and for a lot of specific reasons. It's not rocket science but it would take time to get comfortable with what is there and fully configure the development/testing environments. As placebo stated, it does take time if done correctly and the reward has to be worth it--especially when you are asking a dev to pick up a coin built by someone else. When experienced and high-demand developers can spend their time working on things that pay well, it's hard to justify additional volunteer work. Younger developers have more time but are also generally less stable and are more likely to "abandon the coin" when they see a better opportunity.

@ placebo; would the current developer be willing to discuss the coin and code with a new developer if they promised not to release his name?

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:39:02 PM

You know, a person that saved a coin, that doesn't mean that he has to stay working for a coin that he has saved, it is not his own soul. Also people can have several reasons why they don't want to continue working for a certain coins, FUDs, too busy in private, etc. In fact we should all bless DEV that he safe this coin and now it is the community to improve it with services. In fact the coin itself should not be improved a lot, it is more making your coin available for the market, allowing people to buy products with your coin, etc. That is the real innovation. The farmer or your family or friends really don't care if your coin has stealth addresses, or has masternodes or whatever. They want to know can i buy beer or pizza around the corner with BTX, they will never say, "BTX that is a crazy master node coin", they will say "Do you know, you can buy bread with BTX coins". That is the innovation, if you cannot get your coin outside crypto world then it is just a coin that will be pumped from time to time.

Agree with this. What makes this coin worthwhile now is the ability to earn one of those 28 "Lottery" lucky blocks over the next 30 days. You want a coin that is being used or staked--staking locks that coin up in a wallet to earn those rewards versus dumping them on the market and putting downward pressure on the price.

We have 30 days to define a road map and future features. When the large lucky blocks end, do we continue with smaller lucky blocks for a while longer to provide incentive to hold as "spendable" features are added. What about "burning" features? That's a new way of earning rewards while maintaining a healthy overall number and controlling inflation.

I have 30 years of dev experience and may be able to help with this--which is why I reviewed some of the code last night and checked out the graphic sizes, staking information, return, etc. Unfortunately, I still have a full time job and a life that would limit the amount of time available.

There is a lot of code included in this wallet (659 files and 632 files just in the source directory); added over time and for a lot of specific reasons. It's not rocket science but it would take time to get comfortable with what is there and fully configure the development/testing environments. As placebo stated, it does take time if done correctly and the reward has to be worth it--especially when you are asking a dev to pick up a coin built by someone else. When experienced and high-demand developers can spend their time working on things that pay well, it's hard to justify additional volunteer work. Younger developers have more time but are also generally less stable and are more likely to "abandon the coin" when they see a better opportunity.

@ placebo; would the current developer be willing to discuss the coin and code with a new developer if they promised not to release his name?

Yes; he will, but what new will be developed? I mean, everybody loves those lucky blocks, so if that is working then the coin should be fine for the next 6 months or so, no?
Diggio

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:43:32 PM

Layout doesn't look that great :

So i think we need another layout for the wallet.
I could simply resize and move elements around to make it fit nicely. I will continue working on this tomorrow. I'll also try lots of new ideas.

I like the black back ground for the transactions list, but I like the solid orange of BTX's first wallet (minus the blue)

A cleaner background is easier on the eyes and less cluttered in regards to everything else. You could still go with a shaded/transitional orange background but move the background text and graphics above and to the right of the menu to be less distracting.  The wallet isn't much good if you can't easily read the most important content.
Diggio

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:50:23 PM

Yes; he will, but what new will be developed? I mean, everybody loves those lucky blocks, so if that is working then the coin should be fine for the next 6 months or so, no?

I thought the lucky blocks ended in 30 days? Didn't notice when I was in there last night.

Personally, I like the idea of increasing the number of lucky blocks but with smaller rewards so MORE people staking have a chance to earn them. I think that makes it more appealing to those who don't want to stake as many coins and using the right numbers, you actually reduce coin growth while providing more rewards.

Perhaps the first 30 days at the current rate followed by a longer period at a different reward rate. Believe something needs to exist beyond 30 days for the coin to be "different" than other 20% staking coins.
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:00:00 PM

I thought the lucky blocks ended in 30 days? Didn't notice when I was in there last night.

Personally, I like the idea of increasing the number of lucky blocks but with smaller rewards so MORE people staking have a chance to earn them. I think that makes it more appealing to those who don't want to stake as many coins and using the right numbers, you actually reduce coin growth while providing more rewards.

Perhaps the first 30 days at the current rate followed by a longer period at a different reward rate. Believe something needs to exist beyond 30 days for the coin to be "different" than other 20% staking coins.

+1

I like the idea of additional Lucky Stakes after the 30 days to 1. keep interest in buying, 2. to mellow out the dumping.
I know it's not a really good example but take StarCoin's bonus blocks to name one.  It kept me mining it for a long time.  Smaller Lucky Stakes, maybe something like;
1 @ 500
2 @ 250
6 @ 50
Per day might keep interest going

Also making the minimum staking qty 25K across the board.

I think the original 300K, 100K, and 50K was devised by the original musketeers to make it a rapid rise for their purposes

Just my .02 BTX  Smiley

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:08:04 PM

Not bad, BTX is still in the "hot coins" list of C-Cex because of trade volume.

And a return to Bittrex after the coins proofs stability is also in sight.
johncassa

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:10:15 PM

But your pc wallet work fine?
My wallet is stuck @ block 3067

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:11:50 PM

My wallet is stuk @ block 3067

My wallet just found some stake blocks seconds ago, I'm at 3072 now.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:12:40 PM

My wallet is stuk @ block 3067

My wallet just found some stake blocks seconds ago, I'm at 3072 now.

All normal...
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:14:00 PM

My wallet is stuck @ block 3067

WALLET IS NOT STUCKED!!!! NO POS BLOCKS WERE FOUND!!! Already discussed this several times, POS is different then POW, if there aren't a lot of staking then it takes long, and YES, sometimes it can take HOURS!!
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:16:05 PM

Honestly, volume is pretty low... it is ok, but not great. Only 5 BTC volume is not woow, just mmm, ok. Of course 5 BTC on C-CEX means 15 - 20 BTCs on Bittrex, but still people really need to start trading more, and buying at ask, as BTX is moving lower every day.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:20:39 PM

Honestly, volume is pretty low... it is ok, but not great. Only 5 BTC volume is not woow, just mmm, ok. Of course 5 BTC on C-CEX means 15 - 20 BTCs on Bittrex, but still people really need to start trading more, and buying at ask, as BTX is moving lower every day.

True. But we only just got this coin back from the "dead", on great community effort. And we don't pump it with non existing roadmaps.
The coin needs time to regain trust and getting it back to Bittrex is one of the things that will bring it a bit closer to the biggest satellite earth knows.
But I won't take any action to get it back to Bittrex yet, I'm sure they want to be sure it's 100% safe before re-listing it and that may take another week.

Don't forget to vote on Cryptsy too. They add "paid voted" coins but also look at separate votes coming from different users/IP's.
jed78

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:23:31 PM

What's the deal with the wallet syncing for so long, is that normal? I cleared everything from the %appsdata% except wallet.dat and the .conf, the wallet syncs until block 2614 the sits. Exited the wallet and started again, still sits there?

Anyone?
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:29:17 PM

True. But we only just got this coin back from the "dead", on great community effort. And we don't pump it with non existing roadmaps.
The coin needs time to regain trust and getting it back to Bittrex is one of the things that will bring it a bit closer to the biggest satellite earth knows.
But I won't take any action to get it back to Bittrex yet, I'm sure they want to be sure it's 100% safe before re-listing it and that may take another week.

Don't forget to vote on Cryptsy too. They add "paid voted" coins but also look at separate votes coming from different users/IP's.

You know ... DOGECoin is a simple coin, no innovation at all, the innovation of a coin is not based on the technical shit but based on what can i purchase with my coin, what can i do with it. Honestly, nobody cares if a coin has master nodes, or has lucky blocks, or have stealth addresses. The only thing that people care is, can i buy apples with it? beer? Pizza? Fruits,... As i said, Doge coin ,so simple coin and has a marketcap of $10M, all those 'SO-CALLED INNOVATIVE COIN' like CRAVE etc are worth $200k, why? Because you cannot use CRAVE outside of a exchange, DOGE you can use at several places.

So do you want a innovative coin, then don't think technical but think about real life services.

I hope that the dumping will stop because too much people are still dumping.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:31:26 PM

What's the deal with the wallet syncing for so long, is that normal? I cleared everything from the %appsdata% except wallet.dat and the .conf, the wallet syncs until block 2614 the sits. Exited the wallet and started again, still sits there?

Anyone?

I updated my last post about the nodes:

- Shutdown client
- Create a file with the name "BitcoinTX.conf" in your BitcoinTX roaming folder with the following line in it:

addnode=107.170.57.24
addnode=87.210.194.213
addnode=178.62.19.234
addnode=62.163.9.155
addnode=107.170.57.24

- Remove everything but "BitcoinTX.conf" and "wallet.dat"
- Restart client
jed78

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:41:59 PM

Anyone?

I updated my last post about the nodes:

- Shutdown client
- Create a file with the name "BitcoinTX.conf" in your BitcoinTX roaming folder with the following line in it:

addnode=107.170.57.24
addnode=87.210.194.213
addnode=178.62.19.234
addnode=62.163.9.155
addnode=107.170.57.24

- Remove everything but "BitcoinTX.conf" and "wallet.dat"
- Restart client

OK thanks, did the above now only syncs to block 1932...16 active conecctions
willzminame

Activity: 126

TEAM BTX

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:45:25 PM

just to remind everyone there is an IRC CHANNEL on FREENODE #btx if anyone wants to join
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:38:36 PM

Placebo can you please check your PMs. Have sent you one.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: