Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What kind of algorithm?
X11 - Easy POW/POS type of coin - 37 (40.2%)
X11 - Only POW - 6 (6.5%)
X11 - Only POS - 49 (53.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinT [BTX] | X11 | LUCKY BLOCKS - C-CEX - PM TEAM SETUP.  (Read 39713 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:55:33 PM

I've removed some messages that don't need to be posted here.  Messages like i still didn't had my coins without giving the exchange the necessary time to check it, message related to wallet not moving, etc.

This is first of all giving a wrong image for new potential investors, as they believe there is a real problem with the coin, but there isn't.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:07:41 PM

I've removed some messages that don't need to be posted here.  Messages like i still didn't had my coins without giving the exchange the necessary time to check it, message related to wallet not moving, etc.

This is first of all giving a wrong image for new potential investors, as they believe there is a real problem with the coin, but there isn't.

Can anyone who has received a lucky stake please let me know the TxId and the address.  I'm searching the back end of the block explorer and having trouble finding one.  I can't find any (at least not immediately apparent) evidence in the code that there was a restriction on lucky blocks whilst the POW phase was executing and statistically after over 3300 blocks there should have been several by now.  Even if I'm wrong about staking during POW there's been 400 blocks since then and the same applies.

So, if there have been any somebody out there must have one?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:16:52 PM

Can anyone who has received a lucky stake please let me know the TxId and the address.  I'm searching the back end of the block explorer and having trouble finding one.  I can't find any (at least not immediately apparent) evidence in the code that there was a restriction on lucky blocks whilst the POW phase was executing and statistically after over 3300 blocks there should have been several by now.  Even if I'm wrong about staking during POW there's been 400 blocks since then and the same applies.

No lucky has be found, i'm not so sure that there should be several... if there is a fully staking network with all coins then there should be indeed several lucky staking blocks, but with only a few people staking it can take a long time, i believe. Someone from the community verify that the code is correct, so i believe it is just a matter of time, more staking people and then the blocks should come.
Diggio

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:31:36 PM

No lucky has be found, i'm not so sure that there should be several... if there is a fully staking network with all coins then there should be indeed several lucky staking blocks, but with only a few people staking it can take a long time, i believe. Someone from the community verify that the code is correct, so i believe it is just a matter of time, more staking people and then the blocks should come.

placebo,

I just reviewed the old code with the new code.

The lucky stake code was changed significantly from the original version and needs to be fixed. The new code is simply taking a random number from 100 and seeing if it is less than 3 (2%).  It has been oversimplified and will not issue the correct number of Lucky Stakes per day:

int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100);
if (inputcoins > 50000 && inputcoins < 100000 && rand < 3)...

The original code used the time span since the last super stake which ensured as time passed, the odds increased until issued.  It also took the time since the last stake and multiplied it by a set value (10e3) to increase the size of the base number used to select the random number from.  

int64_t nRandspan = Params().SuperStakeTimespan(nSuperStake) * 10e3;
int64_t nSuperspan = std::min((nPrevHeightSpan - nLastSuperStakeSpan) * (nPrevHeightSpan - nLastSuperStakeSpan) * (nRandspan / 50), nRandspan);
int64_t nRand = generateMTRandom(nSeed, nRandspan);

The old code also had functions for when to call the super stake functions to even it out over the day:

static inline unsigned nSuperStakePastDrift(unsigned nTime) { return nTime - 5 * 60; }
static inline unsigned nSuperStakeFutureDrift(unsigned nTime) { return nTime + 5 * 60; }
static inline bool isSuperStakeTime(unsigned int nTime) { return ((nTime >= nSuperStakePastDrift(Params().SuperStakeStartTime())) && (nTime <= nSuperStakeFutureDrift(Params().SuperStakeEndTime()))); }

The current code deleted the entire function responsible for calculating when it's appropriate to reward the stake and simplified it so we are no longer receiving the 28 per day as expected.  It appears the new developer simply set it up as fixed random over time versus setting it up to increase probability as time passed and to even out the rewards during the day.

In my opinion, the super staking functions need to be restored because the current code does not meet the intent of the design. There were no other rewards in the original code within these functions besides the 5K, 15K, and 60K blocks.  In the old code, the lucky stakes were evaluated at regular intervals and the base number from which the random number was selected was much higher and increased over time.  The current code does none of that.

I'm willing to investigate further but it's clear the code changes made is why we're not seeing any lucky blocks. Those rewards were based on set intervals, the number of coins in your addresses, and the time since the last lucky block.  It had nothing to do with the number of wallets or people staking.  Less people staking simply means those people who are will earn more of the rewards.

I'm not sure why the developer felt the need to remove all of that?  Perhaps based on the time frame given and there wasn't time to validate the functionality?
vanyabios

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:35:00 PM

just came home and saw! my buys filled!
 Wink
BTXdev

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:46:13 PM

placebo,

I just reviewed the old code with the new code...

I had no access to original code because Github was deleted by original dev so I couldn't look at how it was implemented originally. Due to time-constrains, I implemented only simple algorithm. Chance 2% is maybe too low and that's why we aren't seeing many lucky stakes (but there have been some)

If you have access to code, could you please send it to me?
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:02:15 PM

Somebody claimed to have found one early on and the balance of all accounts suggests there are approximately 5000 more in circulation than would be expected from simply the burn amount, POW blocks and any small POS amounts.  Besides the rarity there is another issue with the way lucky blocks are coded which I'm not going to discuss here.  It's not a "coin-wrecker" but personally, for me it would mean that lucky stakes, the way they are currently coded, are not a good long term strategy for a coin.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
willzminame

Activity: 126

TEAM BTX

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:02:28 PM

placebo,

I just reviewed the old code with the new code...

I had no access to original code because Github was deleted by original dev so I couldn't look at how it was implemented originally. Due to time-constrains, I implemented only simple algorithm. Chance 2% is maybe too low and that's why we aren't seeing many lucky stakes (but there have been some)

awesome we have are dev now.. welcome to the thread man Smiley
Separator

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:03:53 PM

Got a stake of 4997.66904241. I suppose it is a lucky block. Shocked
BTX txid: f9327a5d5c9d6fa22b29c50cb24284cf1018991baac68204dccf71083287b9cd
BTXdev

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:25:04 PM

It is! Congratulations! Smiley
willzminame

Activity: 126

TEAM BTX

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:28:54 PM

congrats Smiley
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:35:19 PM

congrats Smiley

Congrats. Honestly , the way how dev developed using that 2% algorithm is much better then using the old code, as we all know that the old code was lets say, giving errors. Now 2% this should result in the same amount of lucky blocks in the long run.... so i don't think it needs to be modified and change to the original code set as that was crap.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:38:47 PM

GRAV was just added by Trex, i hope BTX will come soon... Too much people complaining that the coin wasn't working when they don't know how POS works didn't help, so i won't be surprise if BTX is not listed at the moment because of those complainers here that don't know how the technology is working.
chinchs

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:11:50 PM

GRAV was just added by Trex, i hope BTX will come soon... Too much people complaining that the coin wasn't working when they don't know how POS works didn't help, so i won't be surprise if BTX is not listed at the moment because of those complainers here that don't know how the technology is working.

Several wallets are a better than 1 wallet with multiple Addresses? I might set up 10 or 12 wallets
Diggio

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:32:29 PM

Based on the old topic, Lucky Blocks was never meant to be a long term strategy with the original coin.  It was meant for the first 30 days or at a certain block.

If you've read the two threads, I've suggested a couple of times the lucky block amounts could be reduced and the number increased to give more people a chance to earn one while still reducing coin inflation.  More winners at lower numbers is better than 3 at 15K and 1 at 60K.

I didn't look hard enough to see if the cutoff date/block is still there. Is this going to be the new long-term algorithm and it's not restricted to 30 days?  I think everyone here should know what has changed.  Believe the algorithm was meant to produce 24 at 5K, 3 at 15K and 1 at 60K per day (or close to it) for the first 30 days.  If we want to reduce it, that's fine but 2 at 5K since we started back up is pretty low if limited to 30 days.

@ BTXdev; there was a link to the old code in this thread or the previous thread--I would have to go looking for it.  I do have an original copy burned to a DVD if needed but I pulled that off of that link.  I'll see if I can find it.

Diggio

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:33:25 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 07:58:08 PM by Diggio

congrats Smiley

Congrats. Honestly , the way how dev developed using that 2% algorithm is much better then using the old code, as we all know that the old code was lets say, giving errors. Now 2% this should result in the same amount of lucky blocks in the long run.... so i don't think it needs to be modified and change to the original code set as that was crap.

Define "long run."  Also, 2% of 1000 completed stakes versus 2% of a 200,000 is a big difference and will cause more coin inflation as more people stake right?  It's fixed as a ratio of the total number.  Would also be good to reward the full amount in the one transaction.

Although you stated you didn't want to be the PM, you guys made underlying changes to the way the lucky blocks are rewarded without any communication with the community.  I invested in the crowd funding expecting the coin to be checked to ensure other large rewards were not being given out and to fork the coin--not to have the rewards arbitrarily changed to something totally different (a random 2%).  It would have been appropriate to at least let us know beforehand so we could all make decisions on whether to continue to support the coin.

I appreciate what you both did so don't be offended.  Just wish we were included in the decision.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:35:31 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 08:10:46 PM by fonzerrellie

frick'n 10 hrs behind again... my guess is not enough smaller deposits to fill up the chain? everyone depositing 50k chunks... and since it's causing issues everyone else is just leaving them on the exchange and not even trying.

would it help if anyone with millions of coins in their wallets should break them up into smaller deposits to fill the chain with more tx's that can find blocks?

edit: trying to re sync from scratch again

EDIT 2:  if you can't click to run a wallet and fully sync with out having to close and reopen multiple times, and what ever else is going on... then saying there is no bugs to work out is = to blowing smoke up my ass.

it would be a bad move to get this added to trex before these issues are resolved and we have a smooth running blockchain. at this point if I was richie I wouldn't add it at this point.

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:37:30 PM

i'm still holding my coin lol
Diggio

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:45:23 PM

Based on the old topic, Lucky Blocks was never meant to be a long term strategy with the original coin.  It was meant for the first 30 days or at a certain block.

If you've read the two threads, I've suggested a couple of times the lucky block amounts could be reduced and the number increased to give more people a chance to earn one while still reducing coin inflation.  More winners at lower numbers is better than 3 at 15K and 1 at 60K.

I didn't look hard enough to see if the cutoff date/block is still there. Is this going to be the new long-term algorithm and it's not restricted to 30 days?  I think everyone here should know what has changed.  Believe the algorithm was meant to produce 24 at 5K, 3 at 15K and 1 at 60K per day (or close to it) for the first 30 days.  If we want to reduce it, that's fine but 2 at 5K since we started back up is pretty low if limited to 30 days.

@ BTXdev; there was a link to the old code in this thread or the previous thread--I would have to go looking for it.  I do have an original copy burned to a DVD if needed but I pulled that off of that link.  I'll see if I can find it.

MaGNeT posted them originally (see post 94); links don't appear to be working any longer.  Will have to upload somewhere.
Diggio

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:07:41 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 08:18:15 PM by Diggio

BTXdev,
Here are the files I have (open links in a new window):

bitcoint-master.zip
bitcoint-qt.zip
graphics.zip
BitcoinT.zip

Appreciate your help with this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: