Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:26:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Official Pirate Has Defaulted!!  (Read 63456 times)
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 11:56:11 AM

I don't think anyone will see much of anything..... Who knows.. maybe 20% ?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:00:51 PM

Well, Pirate did say his plan was so simple that people will kick themselves for not doing it too... (anyone remember where that quote was?)

I remember that too.

But are not pyramid schemes simple to design? Especially once one has acquired some reputation amongst potential 'investors'.

Signature space available for rent.
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:07:26 PM

I followed that texas corporation link.

One of the 3 owners of gpumax being Michael Thalasinos, whom is also involved in another corp. titled J Q Greetings LLC.

JQ Greetings = some texas greeting cards store located:

545 N Cowan Avenue # J
Lewisville, TX    75057-3198

somebody needs to show up and start asking questions about one of his business associates.

Added: http://jqgreetings.com

If you show up there and this Michael dood is somebody completely different like a 88 year old guy, then we have to add fraud to the list of complaints against GPUMAX and friends.
the other is this guy;
http://labs.mirror.me/googleplus/117414643911834461861

Speaking of fraud...  Is anyone else curious if the "some company name I've never heard of" was on that bad check written to Lowes, is actually going to be that of a little known company called 'Intellipants'?

no clue either, but the clerk was happy to send copies.. still waiting on them though..

Brother: Rylan Shavers: http://labs.mirror.me/googleplus/102130329224092004752

Life is What you Make it!
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:08:40 PM

Well, Pirate did say his plan was so simple that people will kick themselves for not doing it too... (anyone remember where that quote was?)
I remember that too.

But are not pyramid schemes simple to design? Especially once one has acquired some reputation amongst potential 'investors'.

1. Run Ponzi
2. Run off

is a pretty simple plan, is it not?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:32:50 PM

A contract is a contract, even if it does say 3300% interest.
In the real world this interest is no problem: simply print more money. But in the Bitcoin world, you know, it can resist only for some time. So this contract is invalid.

At some time I red, pirate could change his interest, so in my opinion he did not default:
+7%
+7%
+7%
-100%

All fine, or not?

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:35:01 PM

In the real world this interest is no problem: simply print more money. But in the Bitcoin world, you know, it can resist only for some time. So this contract is invalid.

At some time I red, pirate could change his interest, so in my opinion he did not default:
+7%
+7%
+7%
-100%

All fine, or not?

he has to announce the fee change a week before- and withdrawals should be possible always

(anyhow: i loled hard)
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:40:16 PM

+7%
+7%
+7%
-100%

All fine, or not?

You better read whatever you read, once more to be sure.
The rest of us already know, as we HAVE actually read certain contract terms, but feel free to post more SHIT.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:44:48 PM

+7%
+7%
+7%
-100%

All fine, or not?
Nice try. No.

In contract law, the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing is a general presumption that the parties to a contract will deal with each other honestly, fairly, and in good faith, so as to not destroy the right of the other party or parties to receive the benefits of the contract. It is implied in every contract in order to reinforce the express covenants or promises of the contract. A lawsuit (or a cause of action) based upon the breach of the covenant may arise when one party to the contract attempts to claim the benefit of a technical excuse for breaching the contract, or when he or she uses specific contractual terms in isolation in order to refuse to perform their contractual obligations, despite the general circumstances and understandings between the parties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_faith_%28law%29

You can't sneak a secret "I win, you lose" clause into a contract and use it to deprive the other party of the benefit of the contract. If you could, every contract would have to be gone over by teams of lawyers and probably include many more pages of carefully-worded terms which would likely require more pages to clarify them. It would be bizarro world.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:47:41 PM

The rest of us already know, as we HAVE actually read certain contract terms, but feel free to post more SHIT.

You have a "contract" with a fake person, paid with a "currency" that has little or no legal status, to an anonymous string of numbers and letters.

So tell us bitlane, how did your lawyer respond so far? What are the next legal steps you are taking? Did you press charges already? And if not, can you please (please, please pretty please) record the audio for us when you do? Cheesy

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:57:27 PM

Slashdot has finally published a link to the failed scheme:
http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/08/29/0349226/large-bitcoin-ponzi-scheme-collapses-with-a-loss-of-56-million

Pirate's antics are hitting popular media.  3 out of 4 stores on /. about bitcoin seem to be scam this, theft that.  Sigh.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:59:34 PM

+7%
+7%
+7%
-100%

All fine, or not?

Of course you have to defend the obvious ponzi system, because you invested in it. That's a constraint, I feel so sorry for you. Run to the officials, I will ignore you.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:02:04 PM

Of course you have to defend the obvious ponzi system, because you invested in it. That's a constraint, I feel so sorry for you. Run to the officials, I will ignore you.

Yes. I am a HUGE defender of Pirate and his Scam. Just look around  Roll Eyes

Nice to see 2 WELL INFORMED POSTS in a row from you. Atta Boy.

Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:11:02 PM

Goat,

You should setup a fund for legal action.

I imagine people on both sides of the fence ( clients and detractors of pirate ) would donate.
Justice in this case would  certainly deter people from doing this again in the future and help clean up the bitcoin world.

Speaking for myself, I think many of the people who lost the most were complicit in the fraud, so I'm not sure why these people are deserving of my support. Moreover, some of those same people have been mocking me since day one on this site for speaking the obvious truth.

So no, this "pirate detractor" can think of endless other causes more worthy of donation than a Pirate legal action fund.

FWIW, I've always thought he'd get away with it. What happened to all the pirate defenders who would chime in that it wouldn't be a particularly big Ponzi scheme even if it was one? That remains true, but the difference is that comparably-sized USD Ponzi's don't require a fleet of technical experts and headaches to prosecute. There are dozens or hundreds of HYIPs on the internet every day, and it seems that most of them get away with it.
The_Duke

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:15:25 PM

I am considering setting up a fund from which I will start legal action against Pirateat40. If you put the same amount into the fund as your account is worth, I will start the legal action and reclaim 7% of your original claim against Pirate PER WEEK. At the end I will pay back your initial donation to the fund IN FULL. I can't disclose at the moment exactly what kind of legal action I will undertake and how it could possibly result in this 7% PER WEEK return of your lost money. I will show you my ex-collegue's a copy of my ID as soon as I manage to nick it from him find a scanner.

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 01:18:10 PM

I am considering setting up a fund from which I will start legal action against Pirateat40. If you put the same amount into the fund as your account is worth, I will start the legal action and reclaim 7% of your original claim against Pirate PER WEEK. At the end I will pay back your initial donation to the fund IN FULL. I can't disclose at the moment exactly what kind of legal action I will undertake and how it could possibly result in this 7% PER WEEK return of your lost money. I will show you my ex-collegue's a copy of my ID as soon as I manage to nick it from him find a scanner.

lol

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:18:33 PM

In contract law, the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing is a general presumption that the parties to a contract will deal with each other honestly, fairly, and in good faith, so as to not destroy the right of the other party or parties to receive the benefits of the contract. It is implied in every contract in order to reinforce the express covenants or promises of the contract. A lawsuit (or a cause of action) based upon the breach of the covenant may arise when one party to the contract attempts to claim the benefit of a technical excuse for breaching the contract, or when he or she uses specific contractual terms in isolation in order to refuse to perform their contractual obligations, despite the general circumstances and understandings between the parties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_faith_%28law%29

You can't sneak a secret "I win, you lose" clause into a contract and use it to deprive the other party of the benefit of the contract. If you could, every contract would have to be gone over by teams of lawyers and probably include many more pages of carefully-worded terms which would likely require more pages to clarify them. It would be bizarro world.

I'm sure, you are right, but of course the -100% was ironic only. What I wanted to say, it was obvious, that 7% a week cannot be earned in some legal or permanent way. So whatever yelling arise, so what?

Tell these 7% a week to one of your relatives and see what happens.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:19:20 PM

So let me get this straight.....Pirate has defaulted ?

I really wish someone could have warned me. I thought this was a helpful community.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:20:49 PM

....... he's refusing to pay it back and nobody knows who he is!

Everyone knows who he is, just ask Wink

Ah yeah, of course! Here mr policeman, his name is.. uh... Pirate. Yeah, pirate... at... fourty... thats it. No, that is just his internetni... real name? Uh yeah, we know that too! It's Mr. Shavers. We even know where he used to work! What do you mean, "could be fake"? How could it be fake?
Fake money? That is not funny, bitcoin is a REAL currency! Bank? No, but I have an adress. It is 3yt3weh8jk... no, I'm not kidding... Proof of payment? Of course, just go to www. b..l...o...c...k...c... huh? wasting YOUR time? What about MY time sir? And more important, WHERE ARE MY BITCOINS! HEY! No need to pu*argh*
oh, HAHAHAHAHAHA   /fakelaugh

that meme was funny the first 50 times it was used. You need some new material. How many times can you watch Bitcoin and the tiny community here make the same faux pas repeatidly, before you realize you are laughing at the same tired events played over and over again?

AT first I thought Bitcoin was a brilliant idea, a revolution in the way people would be doing their payments. Then I realised it was either an extremely flawed concept, or a pyramid scheme. Then Bruce happened, and it turns out that Bitcoin is just the biggest and funniest dramashit that ever occured on the internet.

Yea, sounds like the kinda place I would want to spend another year at knowing that it is doomed to fail and stupid crap like this will be the norm..   Roll Eyes

Maybe you have a point, my very limited reasoning never could allow me to be so insightful as to see the negative aspects of this place. Just think, I could have gone for years, diluding myself with the failed madness of this tiny representation of some failed open source project! Thank god, you came along to make sure that my feeble mind saw the ambigous nature of things. I would have totally gone on forever with my inability to ever see things rationally, from all aspects. phewww, that was close. Thank You so very much!!

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
The_Duke

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:26:49 PM

....... he's refusing to pay it back and nobody knows who he is!

Everyone knows who he is, just ask Wink

Ah yeah, of course! Here mr policeman, his name is.. uh... Pirate. Yeah, pirate... at... fourty... thats it. No, that is just his internetni... real name? Uh yeah, we know that too! It's Mr. Shavers. We even know where he used to work! What do you mean, "could be fake"? How could it be fake?
Fake money? That is not funny, bitcoin is a REAL currency! Bank? No, but I have an adress. It is 3yt3weh8jk... no, I'm not kidding... Proof of payment? Of course, just go to www. b..l...o...c...k...c... huh? wasting YOUR time? What about MY time sir? And more important, WHERE ARE MY BITCOINS! HEY! No need to pu*argh*
oh, HAHAHAHAHAHA   /fakelaugh

that meme was funny the first 50 times it was used. You need some new material. How many times can you watch Bitcoin and the tiny community here make the same faux pas repeatidly, before you realize you are laughing at the same tired events played over and over again?

I think about the same amount of times as people fall for the same kind of scam under a different name. Judging by a short glance at the "services" and "long term offers" board of this forum, you'll be reading this same meme at least a 1000 times more...

Yea, sounds like the kinda place I would want to spend another year at knowing that it is doomed to fail and stupid crap like this will be the norm..   Roll Eyes

So far I seem to have been right. One year down the road and the mess has only gotten bigger. With Bruce it was just drama. Now it's a lot of drama with a lot of money involved...

Maybe you have a point, my very limited reasoning never could allow me to be so insightful as to see the negative aspects of this place. Just think, I could have gone for years, diluding myself with the failed madness of this tiny representation of some failed open source project! Thank god, you came along to make sure that my feeble mind saw the ambigous nature of things. I would have totally gone on forever with my inability to ever seen things rationally, from all aspects. phewww, that was close. Thank You so very much!!

Nice attempt at sarcasm, but you have a lot to master. Keep practicing! Cheesy

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:29:12 PM

Nice attempt at sarcasm, but you have a lot to master. Keep practicing! Cheesy
aye, thankfully my ability to clicky the lil ignore button is much more adept.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: