Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: End of the Bear Trend  (Read 11142 times)
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 09:24:35 PM

Looks good to me so far Afrikoin (from bullish point of view), I'm still enjoying the end of the bear trend. Although the price is taking a bit of a dip (maybe on the news grexit looks like isn't happening ?) but in any case after recent rises a correction was needed. The bears will have their day again though, just as night follows day

Looks like a nice cup formed here, i wonder if a handle will appear ? I suspect bitcoin might be too bullish to bother with the handle but we'll see ..

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:30:18 PM

Looks good to me so far Afrikoin (from bullish point of view), I'm still enjoying the end of the bear trend. Although the price is taking a bit of a dip (maybe on the news grexit looks like isn't happening ?) but in any case after recent rises a correction was needed. The bears will have their day again though, just as night follows day

Looks like a nice cup formed here, i wonder if a handle will appear ? I suspect bitcoin might be too bullish to bother with the handle but we'll see ..

I would be happy if we don't move too fast. From my point of view another year of stabilization in the $300-400 range would be a much better foundation for a sustainable rise then a immediate rocket start.

It would be good to give the infrastructure a bit breathing time to evolve. The rise should be supported by real (business) adoption, not solely by speculation on short term gains. Otherwise it will be very short-lived.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:26:52 PM

I would be happy if we don't move too fast. From my point of view another year of stabilization in the $300-400 range would be a much better foundation for a sustainable rise then a immediate rocket start.

It would be good to give the infrastructure a bit breathing time to evolve. The rise should be supported by real (business) adoption, not solely by speculation on short term gains. Otherwise it will be very short-lived.

ya.ya.yo!

I also think those calling for a bubble are only calling for trouble.

Who in their right mind thinks ANY business that sees the price fluctuate 10-20%+ in a day is going to want ANYTHING to do with btc?  Plus with the losses a lot of people incur naturally when the bubble pops, it creates an overall NEGATIVE image and outlook for btc in general
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:11:34 PM

Who in their right mind thinks ANY business that sees the price fluctuate 10-20%+ in a day is going to want ANYTHING to do with btc?  Plus with the losses a lot of people incur naturally when the bubble pops, it creates an overall NEGATIVE image and outlook for btc in general

I'm not calling for one, but a revisit of $500-$600 is certainly possible before the end of the year.

Technically the market is ripe for a rise as most of the weak hands have sold off their positions and the quality of ownership is quite high. People forget how relatively few people are into Bitcoin right now, much less buying large amounts. Those buying at these prices are institutions, professionals, whales and traders looking to ride in their wake of accumulation, which creates a temporary shortage (aka rocket launch pad). They won't be selling until a % of the gains lost in the bear market are recaptured.

Bubble territory would be far above the ATH, like $2000+. That will only happen if the bull market attracts a significant amount of money from the general investing public. Unfortunately this happened during November 2013 as (IMO) most of the rise past $800 was from the greedy public for a number of reasons You cannot stop people from being greedy and fearful, it is a trait of human nature and markets will always be full of them. Like it or not Bitcoin will see some wild swings until its market becomes larger and more mature.
manis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:31:25 AM

True bulltards call for a bubble which doesn't pop.  Smiley
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 12:02:56 AM

Revisiting my old thread.  Once again, just like when the thread was started there is a lot of pessimism and bearish scenarios. So is the bear trend ended or not?

Heres a chart on log scale

Despite all the fuss about block size debate and bitcoin fork, I'm thinking price needs to get conclusively below $200 to really go back into bear mode.
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:21:25 PM

hi afbitcoins. been a minute

need a favor if you can.

Combined Gold and BTC chart - 2 in one. looking to see if any correlations between both. Since 2008, daily chart

Could you share one?

Or where i can get one?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:36:48 PM

need a favor if you can.

Combined Gold and BTC chart - 2 in one. looking to see if any correlations between both. Since 2008, daily chart

Could you share one?

Or where i can get one?

The best I can do atm..
Intraday gold is limited and historical BTC is limited on my setup currently. This offers the most data to compare

Might have better luck with TV but I can't do it right now

Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:44:58 PM

need a favor if you can.

Could you share one?

Or where i can get one?

The best I can do atm..
Intraday gold is limited and historical BTC is limited on my setup currently. This offers the most data to compare

Might have better luck with TV but I can't do it right now

Thanks!

Sure, NP, take your time. Feel free to post it on 'Nights Watch by Afrikoin Thread'

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀