Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:19:19 AM

Thanks for your post ontopicplease.

Slight correction:

During a year the price was decimated to 60k satoshi to finally climb to 280k, what it is now.

We also don't want Aurora to be a coin which price is stablized by a foundation that uses the 1M Aurora to stabalize the price. That 1M should be used for development, I think.

I agree. But I guess it's up to them. It's futile to try to overrule a market anyway. Liquidity is good, though, it lessens volatility.

Lol, thanks for correcting, I will correct in my post as well.
But, just like mentioned by others, talking/thinking about the price is irrelevant, only coin-usability is relevant. But, I like to know other members views on my idea about the fact that I really think that we should try to prevend big price-changes.
BritcoinFTW

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:45:20 AM

I'm planning to ask AUR to be traded on poloniex.com.

Why do we need it?

We don't. But as I hinted at in previous post, I want a healthy exchange market for AUR vs. BTC. Cryptsy is the main market right now (bter liquidity is low). A third market can't hurt, can it?

Get more exchanges for AUR, it's harder for people to manipulate the price when you have more exchanges. Just get bittrex to accept AUR.
BritcoinFTW

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:49:34 AM

Probably I am going to say a lot of things the new dev team knows already. But I am still posting, I might bring up something new, you never know.
To be succesfull in some kind of business it is often not much more than copy/pasting competing companies in the same branche and do better where other businesses perform weak.
From this point of view Aurora can look at Guldencoin. Guldencoin has a couple things done very well. They made an easy to use software for merchants who want to accept coins. They have the mobile wallets ready, so the people can easily spend the coins.
Regarding the NOCKS system ( the possibility to pay with Guldencoin when merchants accept BTC), which Guldencoin is using, I am not really sure if Aurora needs it, because we want Iceland to use Aurora and not BTC.
Another important thing is how merchants have to do their bookkeeping. I am not from Iceland, but I guess there are payd taxes too there. So, merchants that accept Aurora must be sure that they know how to bookkeep. What looks most obvious to me is that, when a merchant sells some product for Aururacoin, he does the bookkeeping as if he sold in Krona. The fact that he owns Aurroracoin now, which can go up or down in value, is his own risk. But I can imagine some people have better ideas. So people holding Aurora have always a risk the price wouldn't be the same the next day.
Some kind of price-stabilty for Auroracoin will eventually be good to  convince more people to use Aurora. The price of Auroracoin started on the moon, because the altcoin business was ( and probably is) full of sheep, who never really calculated if the price was right. During a year the price was decimated to 6k satoshi to climb again to 28k, what it is now.
The devteam looks really serious and we all like that. When the devteam will perform well, and communitymembers attribute and help, the ultimate goal of having Aurora used by everyone in Iceland might be possible. Imagine Aurora manages to be succesfull, then the price of Aurora will rise extremely. We cannot help that, because the market will make the price. Something we ( and then I mean the people who currently hold some Aurora) cán do, is helping to keep some pricestabilty. When Auroracoin-price rises without the big bumps ( ups and downs), it will convince more people that Auroracoin could be more stable than the Krona, but what we don't want is price spykes like 200% in 1 day and 150% down the next day. Then some people who bought at the top are getting less attracted.
We also don't want Aurora to be a coin which price is stablized by a foundation that uses the 1M Aurora to stabalize the price. That 1M should be used for development, I think. I am telling things here, BioMike also thinks about a lot. As far as I know he does a lot of stabilizing for Guldencoin, as well. So actually, I am asking other communitymembers ( including myself) to put up some buy- and sell orders on cryptsy to make the orderbook bigger so we will not see these crazy changes in price. Of course we will never be able to prevent from big rises and falls, but we can make them smaller. To attract and convince more and more Icelanders tu use Aurora, a slowly rising price will be best.
Like mentions many times Aurora has big advantages over other coins to be succesfull; the monetary history of Iceland and for all the concentrated population. But before reaching out to the people, we have to make some stable foundation. Aurora has to easy to use, easy to bookkeep and the price of Aurora should be a slowly rising the coming years without the big bumps.
When basics are solid and Auroracoins are easy to buy via local Auroracoins or the Aurora-Krona-exchange office ( I don't know wheater the devteam is thinking about a physical office or an online exchange or both) we can start a marketing program, online as well in the streets of Reykjavik.
A marketing program should be build around an “economical education “ program. The best way to convince people is by explaining them economics, explaining people how fiat money works, explaining what quantitative easing is ( nothing else than stealing from people that have money), explaining the people that Krona's is nothing more than believing a government that failed over and over again in history. Because of the Icelandic monetary history, Icelanders are probably the best educated people in the world regarding economics, so this part wouldn't be too difficult. In Europe and the US the sheep (like 99% of the people) are still thinking they have a solid currency until it will fall down, like every currency in history did, in case of quantative easing

Sorry for the long post and poor english, I just wanted to be helpfull.

With all these things as Danslip pointed out guldencoin is half the marketcap of AUR. They have 88 merchants and all these great tools and half the marketcap... this should be a wake up call that it's not about usability when it comes to a high price but a safe place to keep your wealth and exchange back into fiat when you want to buy from merchants.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:54:48 AM

Many good posts !  

With price moving up the last few weeks, do you know if hashrate increased as well ?

@Petur : Good post - but I think that foreigner like me buying Aur is good to stabilize the market. For sure it would be great if most icelandic citizen owned every Aur and using it - but there is a looog road to get there, and meanwhile, foreigners trading will help volume, stability and visibility.

I know you guys (Petur and Hermann to name few) don't like that much when people focus on price - and I get it. Your target is not ''price'' but ''use'', and it's why you may well succeed. But still, you wont succeed with a 400 000$ marketcap Smiley, and most people (from iceland or not) will figure it out. The gap between the actual marketcap and the theorical marketcap needed to supply the icelandic market needs in ''trading value'' have to be filled, and hate it/like it, it's a free market and foreigners may help doing it.

And you wont succeed without much more manpower - and still i thing that foreigner's help-work is needed to get there. So buying and helping is imo the best way to push the project further. When the ''problem'' in iceland will be to have enought Aur for fullfill market needs, it will be the most positive problem ever - and to get to that point, you need manpower.

How may i help you ?
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:00:57 AM

I'm planning to ask AUR to be traded on poloniex.com.

Why do we need it?

We don't. But as I hinted at in previous post, I want a healthy exchange market for AUR vs. BTC. Cryptsy is the main market right now (bter liquidity is low). A third market can't hurt, can it?

Get more exchanges for AUR, it's harder for people to manipulate the price when you have more exchanges. Just get bittrex to accept AUR.

Price manipulation will be easier if there are more exchanges (asks will be spread, but not much more, making it easier to pump the price). But I'm not against more exchanges per se, but against asking/paying them to get listed. Plus there will be a third exchange any way (based in Iceland).
soltantgris

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:02:05 AM

@ontopicplease

There is no way to prevent market fluctuation. Market take care of itself. For any dumper there is a buyer, they said. For sure having more active traders will help, so people can buy or sell without moving price too much. But it's not something that can be done on purpose. If traders see an opportinuty, they come. But then, get ready for a rollercoaster ride - and there is no way to avoid it.

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:10:40 AM

Probably I am going to say a lot of things the new dev team knows already. But I am still posting, I might bring up something new, you never know.
To be succesfull in some kind of business it is often not much more than copy/pasting competing companies in the same branche and do better where other businesses perform weak.
From this point of view Aurora can look at Guldencoin. Guldencoin has a couple things done very well. They made an easy to use software for merchants who want to accept coins. They have the mobile wallets ready, so the people can easily spend the coins.
Regarding the NOCKS system ( the possibility to pay with Guldencoin when merchants accept BTC), which Guldencoin is using, I am not really sure if Aurora needs it, because we want Iceland to use Aurora and not BTC.
Another important thing is how merchants have to do their bookkeeping. I am not from Iceland, but I guess there are payd taxes too there. So, merchants that accept Aurora must be sure that they know how to bookkeep. What looks most obvious to me is that, when a merchant sells some product for Aururacoin, he does the bookkeeping as if he sold in Krona. The fact that he owns Aurroracoin now, which can go up or down in value, is his own risk. But I can imagine some people have better ideas. So people holding Aurora have always a risk the price wouldn't be the same the next day.
Some kind of price-stabilty for Auroracoin will eventually be good to  convince more people to use Aurora. The price of Auroracoin started on the moon, because the altcoin business was ( and probably is) full of sheep, who never really calculated if the price was right. During a year the price was decimated to 6k satoshi to climb again to 28k, what it is now.
The devteam looks really serious and we all like that. When the devteam will perform well, and communitymembers attribute and help, the ultimate goal of having Aurora used by everyone in Iceland might be possible. Imagine Aurora manages to be succesfull, then the price of Aurora will rise extremely. We cannot help that, because the market will make the price. Something we ( and then I mean the people who currently hold some Aurora) cán do, is helping to keep some pricestabilty. When Auroracoin-price rises without the big bumps ( ups and downs), it will convince more people that Auroracoin could be more stable than the Krona, but what we don't want is price spykes like 200% in 1 day and 150% down the next day. Then some people who bought at the top are getting less attracted.
We also don't want Aurora to be a coin which price is stablized by a foundation that uses the 1M Aurora to stabalize the price. That 1M should be used for development, I think. I am telling things here, BioMike also thinks about a lot. As far as I know he does a lot of stabilizing for Guldencoin, as well. So actually, I am asking other communitymembers ( including myself) to put up some buy- and sell orders on cryptsy to make the orderbook bigger so we will not see these crazy changes in price. Of course we will never be able to prevent from big rises and falls, but we can make them smaller. To attract and convince more and more Icelanders tu use Aurora, a slowly rising price will be best.
Like mentions many times Aurora has big advantages over other coins to be succesfull; the monetary history of Iceland and for all the concentrated population. But before reaching out to the people, we have to make some stable foundation. Aurora has to easy to use, easy to bookkeep and the price of Aurora should be a slowly rising the coming years without the big bumps.
When basics are solid and Auroracoins are easy to buy via local Auroracoins or the Aurora-Krona-exchange office ( I don't know wheater the devteam is thinking about a physical office or an online exchange or both) we can start a marketing program, online as well in the streets of Reykjavik.
A marketing program should be build around an “economical education “ program. The best way to convince people is by explaining them economics, explaining people how fiat money works, explaining what quantitative easing is ( nothing else than stealing from people that have money), explaining the people that Krona's is nothing more than believing a government that failed over and over again in history. Because of the Icelandic monetary history, Icelanders are probably the best educated people in the world regarding economics, so this part wouldn't be too difficult. In Europe and the US the sheep (like 99% of the people) are still thinking they have a solid currency until it will fall down, like every currency in history did, in case of quantative easing

With all these things as Danslip pointed out guldencoin is half the marketcap of AUR. They have 88 merchants and all these great tools and half the marketcap... this should be a wake up call that it's not about usability when it comes to a high price but a safe place to keep your wealth and exchange back into fiat when you want to buy from merchants.

I sold most my guldencoin  because supply is going to be too much to push price very high but price of guldencoin will be stable and act like a good currency. I am here to make money like most of you here. You are lying if not and even just ownin 150 000 coin mean you control 1% of market.  AUR has biggest money making  potential.
ontopicplease

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:16:31 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 11:28:14 AM by ontopicplease

Regarding the safe haven part, I fully agree. To be honest, I hold only 5% to 10% of my money in fiat. Hopefully we are right and crypto will eventually be the ultimate safe haven. Regarding the usabilty, I fully disagree with you. Indeed Guldencoin has the nice tools, but 88 merchants is absolutely nothing, it's just a start. Actually to me it is the same as 0 merchants. As I see it, according merchants, Aurora is only very slightly behind Guldencoin.
Let me explain. Lets say 0 merchants is level 0 and all merchants is level 100. At the moment, Auroracoin is at level 0 and Guldencoin is at level 0,01. So, on a scale of 0 to 100 they are both nowhere, but when done well, Auroracoins possibilities are much better.
Something like 2 months ago, I already posted in the Guldencoin thread that it would be a good idea to get a small community, a street or a village fully on Guldencoin. When something like this is achieved it can be the start of a bigger expansion.
The fantastic situation in Iceland is that we are talking about a small, very concentrated communnity. What I mean to say is that the prospects for expansion are in Reykjavik much bigger than  the widely spread community in the Netherlands.
When the basics are solid and Aurora starts marketing, maybe doing it steet by street or community by community, is a good idea. First try to get in as much Aurora believers as possible and then ask them to help to spread the word. I can imagine there is also some kind of libertarian/rebelling movement in Iceland. People that are unhappy with the current system, get them aboard and ask them to help to convince the sheep ( sorry for the contempsuous word, just wanted to be clear).

BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:17:23 AM

@ontopicplease

There is no way to prevent market fluctuation. Market take care of itself. For any dumper there is a buyer, they said. For sure having more active traders will help, so people can buy or sell without moving price too much. But it's not something that can be done on purpose. If traders see an opportinuty, they come. But then, get ready for a rollercoaster ride - and there is no way to avoid it.

I'm actually doing this already for NLG and have the same plans for AUR, but will be more difficult (so that will take time).
ontopicplease

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:21:48 AM

@ontopicplease

Of course, I agree. That will scare many people and it is impossible to prevend the bumps. Because of that I posted in my last post to get as many hardcore believers on board first, helping us to educate other people.
KenChanYu

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:25:11 AM

Regarding the safe haven part, I fully agree. To be honest, I hold only 5% to 10% of my money in fiat. Hopefully we are right and crypto will eventually be the ultimate safe haven. Regarding the usabilty, I fully disagree with you. Indeed Guldencoin has the nice tools, but 88 merchants is absolutely nothing, it's just a start. Actually to me it is the same as 0 merchants. As I see it, according Merchants, Aurora is only very slightly behind Guldencoin.
Let me explain. Lets say 0 merchants is level 0 and all merchants is level 100. at the moment, Auroracoin is at level 0 and Guldencoin is at level 0,01. So, on a scale of 0 to 100 they are both nowhere, but when done well, Auroracoins possibilities are much better.
Something like 2 months ago, I already posted in the Guldencoin thread that it would be a good idea to get a small community, a street or a village fully on Guldencoin. When something like this is achieved it can be the start of a bigger expansion.
The fantastic situation in Iceland is that we are talking about a small, very concentrated communnity. What I mean to say is that the prospects for expansion are in Reykjavik much bigger than  the widely spread community in the Netherlands.
When the basics are solid and Aurora starts marketing, maybe doing it steet by street or community by community, is a good idea. First try to get in as much Aurora believers as possible and then ask them to help to spread the word. I can imagine there is also some kind of libertarian/rebelling movement in Iceland. People that are unhappy with the current system, get them aboard and ask them to help to convince the sheep ( sorry for the contempsuous word, just wanted to be clear).

Use foundation money to pay off people in Iceland to market coin.
ontopicplease

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:26:28 AM

@ontopicplease

I'm actually doing this already for NLG and have the same plans for AUR, but will be more difficult (so that will take time).

I know you dó and I do it a bit myself with Guldencoin as well. And I am also going to try to stabilize the Auroraprice a bit. But like you said, we can only stabilize a very small bit. I guess, we agree that every small thing done in favor of the coin, should be done.
soltantgris

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:46:37 AM

Hey there is a french http://www.auroracoin.fr/ :
Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:57:38 AM

sorry I wasnt folowing auroracoin very much, just wanted to ask, why original dev gave up on it

BritcoinFTW

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:23:40 PM

sorry I wasnt folowing auroracoin very much, just wanted to ask, why original dev gave up on it

Hey mate, most people believe the actual developer was not from Iceland but someone that came up with a good idea for the country because it was the hardest hit in the 2008 crisis. So the dev had his limitations of what he could do for the coin. Now a new team has taken over and potentially someone within this team is the real developer, but now there is no pressure on them to succeed.
The good part is that 3 people who control 1 million AUR in a foundation (part of the premine) are from Iceland and most likely the first real Icelandic people involved.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:53:58 PM

Same reason why Satoshi gave up on Bitcoin.
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:10:44 PM

Hey mate, most people believe the actual developer was not from Iceland but someone that came up with a good idea for the country because it was the hardest hit in the 2008 crisis. So the dev had his limitations of what he could do for the coin. Now a new team has taken over and potentially someone within this team is the real developer, but now there is no pressure on them to succeed.
The good part is that 3 people who control 1 million AUR in a foundation (part of the premine) are from Iceland and most likely the first real Icelandic people involved.

Actually he was always clear on this from the beginning. His plan was always just to start the coin and let the community take over. He never hid the fact that he would withdraw from the project, at least as Baldur. Even though he stopped communicating some months after the initial lunch he still followed through on everything that he promised. He reset the airdrop for phase 2 and 3 like he said though he changed the arrangement which he also made clear he might do in the airdrop bluprint and he burned the remainder of the airdrop after the airdrop was finished. I like many others do not agree with all the decisions that he made but they were his to make and as far as I know he didn't lie to anyone. So whatever people might think of the guy he never promised anything that he didn't deliver.

The reason Auroracoin lost it's momentum in the beginning is the fact that it was extremely overinflated by unrealistic expectations and naturally crashed when everyone realised it was so. So most people who wanted to get involved in the beginning disappeared as they wrote the coin off as a failure. The uncertainty increased more when Baldur stopped communicating and the people who were still involved didn't get the support and traction needed to continue.

There has always been a core of people who have been determined to take this all the way (me included). The reason we didn't until now is that we have always known that while the airdrop was still open there would always be too much doubt and we would not be able to introduce this project to the people of Iceland until that uncertainty was eliminated. So what we have been doing is working behind the scene towards other infrastructure solutions.

Regarding Baldur not being Icelandic. I never communicated with him myself but I personally know a few people who did and they did that in Icelandic. So either Baldur was Icelandic or one of that group at least was. Another fact is that you can't get access to Íslykill (Icelanic social ID authentication service) unless you are Icelandic.
KenChanYu

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:19:23 PM

Let's move on and take the coin back to over litecoin in marketcap
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:28:41 PM

I remember holding 1 aur as part of my coin plan back in 2013.  So price has dropped, some people bought it all up and now are rebooting it?  That is noble cause and good luck to you, but you cannot just say hey we are relaunching, we are new, look at us when in your OP you have original github, original wallets, that haven't been touched since April 2014.  I remember there was a countdown timer to new stuff?  I have a little over 600 aur now, nothing close to the 2 million held by three addresses but still wondering where is this going to end up?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:35:06 PM

I did not know that it is known why Satoshi Nakamoto gave Bitcoin up.
What was the reason and from where did you get this information?  Shocked

Same reason why Satoshi gave up on Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: