Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:15:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790361 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:46:52 AM

There are one of three outcomes as I see it:

1) HLM launches and nothing changes with SPR, HLM's development outpaces SPR.

2) HLM launches, georgem ramps up SPR development in response, begins releasing production software publicly.

3) HLM fails miserably, whether not launching or for whatever technical blunder/failure, SPR continues.

Previous to this announcement there has been a single state as an SPR investor for a very long time now:

1) Keep waiting for the boy-who-cried-stay-tuned to meet any of the expectations that he himself repeatedly set.

All I can say is, as an investor and long-term holder of SPR, I'm overjoyed that something is happening. I've seen coins101 around long enough to know it's not all smoke and mirrors. So, as a lowly cockroach investor I couldn't be happier - options, opportunity, optimism - what a breath of fresh air. SPR investors might once again be able to be appreciated because of HLM, whether it fails or thrives. There is not a single person who has been holding this whole time that will come out worse off if HLM launches. The only guy who hates this idea is the same guy who refers to investors as cockroaches, who ignores substantial donations by long-time supporters and writes them off as enemies of the project, who dodges questions if he doesn't deem you worthy enough of a response because he doesn't know your username. (Apparently decentralizing my online identity is not covered under "everything"  Cheesy)

I don't expect georgem to miraculously ramp up SPR development because, frankly, I don't think he has the back-end development chops and has too much pride to seek assistance or cooperation in realizing his vision. I hope HLM launches, I expect it to quickly outpace SPR in tangible development, and I hope georgem makes a boatload of money from coins101's work putting it all together. Then I can finally stop checking in on what has seemingly become nothing more than a lonely hobbyist's need for attention.

Be fair, if you wanted to see progress that much you could pay Georgem $100 per month for access to his Slack channel.  Shocked

Access to Slack
$100 or more per month ∙ 0 patrons
If you are willing to donate 100$ you will get access to the patreon-only Slack so that we can better discuss development and future of everything Spreadcoin-related.

Does anybody know a bit about the Patreon web site and how it works?

Georgem currently has 4 Patrons who are donating between $20 and $100 per month according to his page.

How can the total amount of donations be $724 per month if there are only 4 patrons paying less than $100 each?
duboisi

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:07:52 AM

stonehedge, now that there is HLM, just move on. Don't work yrself up here, it is like dog barking at a passing train, futile.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:23:59 PM

@Georgem - My new Rpi3 with 64gb chip is coming tomorrow.  I plan on getting the node up and running this weekend.  Is there a tutorial for installation?  I am primarily a Windows user with basic knowledge in Linux - specifically Debian Jessie - (Rpi O/S)....  Thanks - pokeytex

Fantastic.

I will create a small tutorial later today.
It's not that hard.
If you already have your raspberry OS installed and can access it through SSH,
then the rest is easy peasy.

@Georgem - I have tried and failed to get the daemon running.   Huh  Unfortunately, I don't know enough linux to make it work.  I was able to import the tar file and can't get farther then that.  LOL  - I am such a noob.  I will wait for your tutorial.

Thanks - pokeytex

Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:13:30 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 02:25:56 PM by Nikolaj

There are one of three outcomes as I see it:

1) HLM launches and nothing changes with SPR, HLM's development outpaces SPR.

2) HLM launches, georgem ramps up SPR development in response, begins releasing production software publicly.

3) HLM fails miserably, whether not launching or for whatever technical blunder/failure, SPR continues.

Previous to this announcement there has been a single state as an SPR investor for a very long time now:

1) Keep waiting for the boy-who-cried-stay-tuned to meet any of the expectations that he himself repeatedly set.

All I can say is, as an investor and long-term holder of SPR, I'm overjoyed that something is happening. I've seen coins101 around long enough to know it's not all smoke and mirrors. So, as a lowly cockroach investor I couldn't be happier - options, opportunity, optimism - what a breath of fresh air. SPR investors might once again be able to be appreciated because of HLM, whether it fails or thrives. There is not a single person who has been holding this whole time that will come out worse off if HLM launches. The only guy who hates this idea is the same guy who refers to investors as cockroaches, who ignores substantial donations by long-time supporters and writes them off as enemies of the project, who dodges questions if he doesn't deem you worthy enough of a response because he doesn't know your username. (Apparently decentralizing my online identity is not covered under "everything"  Cheesy)

I don't expect georgem to miraculously ramp up SPR development because, frankly, I don't think he has the back-end development chops and has too much pride to seek assistance or cooperation in realizing his vision. I hope HLM launches, I expect it to quickly outpace SPR in tangible development, and I hope georgem makes a boatload of money from coins101's work putting it all together. Then I can finally stop checking in on what has seemingly become nothing more than a lonely hobbyist's need for attention.

I don't understand why people needs to use new accounts while making statements, it's pretty evident that this post is from a person deeply involved in the HLM development.

Please keep it civil, there's no reason to insult or make accusations, but there are plenty to cohoperate for a common interest. (I'm not referring to this post, but in general)

This technology has potential, and it's very nice to see such transparency from a coin developer, but let's be honest:

Would you work, any of you, for the development of a project without being paid, or without having a deep interest in it due the absence, in this case, of coin holdings?

As an investor I could evaluate the support of the dev if I would like to see this coin appreciate, due the release of new features.
He owes me nothing, and I cannot be in the position of requiring him nothing at all, simply because I'm not paying him.

As in all the other things in life, if you want something you need to pay for it.

The donors could eventually possess the right to make statements about the development phase of this coin, not the rest of Us.

As I said before I am looking forward to support this coin directly, in a couple of months, because there are plenty of things to consider that honestly I don't find elsewhere.

Before the swap of HLM there will be for sure a massive spike due the SPR acquisition process, also considering the upcoming software updates of the SPR wallet.

Let's cohoperate guys, there's a bright, common, future Wink

Thanks

p3ngu1n

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:50:10 AM

Any news?

I am interested in this coin.
Nikolaj

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:21:08 PM

This account is over a year old and has had hundreds of posts made. Just because I clear my history and delete posts to protect my history and erase my footprints, doesn't mean I'm a sockpuppet or my opinion is invalid. I have nothing to do with HLM development. This is my only account on bitcointalk. I rotate accounts usually once per year, only ever have one account, and I've been here for years. Wink If you go delete your old posts from your profile right now, you too, can appear to be a brand new account. It's really not that complicated guys, not every dissenting voice is a conspiracy. I use WebDriver to automate the process so you will never see this account with many posts. I am constantly shocked at how hypocritical coin communities are on the subject of anonymity and obfuscated identity. It's only good when you're the one doing it, not when others do it, eh?

You wouldn't be wrong to call me a coins101 fanboy, I'm definitely a cheerleader for his ideas/discussions, but that's about the limit of my depth of involvement in HLM.

No reason to make accusations? Like when people say I'm just a shill or sockpuppet so they can dismiss people's questions or concerns? Like calling supporters cockroaches? Yes yes, let's "keep it civil" - that's done so well for SPR in the past. Forgive me for being excited that some of the ideas I thought would make it into SPR are potentially finding a new home where they'll actually be worked on.

Sorry dude, you've got nothing to do with another coin development, but you've got many things to hide that needs to be erased constantly. Interesting point, indeed.

If you've got nothing to hide there's no reason to obfuscate yourself every time. There's a reason why "history" has it's importance  Wink

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:19:59 PM

This account is over a year old and has had hundreds of posts made. Just because I clear my history and delete posts to protect my history and erase my footprints, doesn't mean I'm a sockpuppet or my opinion is invalid. I have nothing to do with HLM development. This is my only account on bitcointalk. I rotate accounts usually once per year, only ever have one account, and I've been here for years. Wink If you go delete your old posts from your profile right now, you too, can appear to be a brand new account. It's really not that complicated guys, not every dissenting voice is a conspiracy. I use WebDriver to automate the process so you will never see this account with many posts. I am constantly shocked at how hypocritical coin communities are on the subject of anonymity and obfuscated identity. It's only good when you're the one doing it, not when others do it, eh?

You wouldn't be wrong to call me a coins101 fanboy, I'm definitely a cheerleader for his ideas/discussions, but that's about the limit of my depth of involvement in HLM.

No reason to make accusations? Like when people say I'm just a shill or sockpuppet so they can dismiss people's questions or concerns? Like calling supporters cockroaches? Yes yes, let's "keep it civil" - that's done so well for SPR in the past. Forgive me for being excited that some of the ideas I thought would make it into SPR are potentially finding a new home where they'll actually be worked on.

Sorry dude, you've got nothing to do with another coin development, but you've got many things to hide that needs to be erased constantly. Interesting point, indeed.

If you've got nothing to hide there's no reason to obfuscate yourself every time. There's a reason why "history" has it's importance  Wink

Seriously?  You subscribe to the "if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about" school of security? That is lame for somebody involved in crypto.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 01:42:12 AM

The only reason I actively scrub my histories (which I do with any service I use)  is so I cannot be easily doxxed by anybody who knows how to effectively use Google. Perhaps you don't know what I've seen happen to friends already in my 4 years in crypto, because of their involvement with specific projects or the public knowledge that they have substantial crypto holdings. It's to protect my privacy sure, but most specifically my family's privacy, smart guy. Every post leaves context that can assist with deobfuscating somebody, every bit of information - for instance you now know I have a family, which narrows an age range, and you should be able to tell by my spelling and choice of words that I learned English from an American source, not a British one, etc. Leave enough crumbs to be gathered and you can be found eventually.

No amount of internet cred is worth risking peace of mind, sorry. You call it hiding, I call it protecting. Cheers.

no amount of 'clearing' will throw off the bloodhounds ...

they are those that matter - which CAN cause issues ... and they are the ones that we ALL have to worry about ... the ones in 'charge' ...

they have the means and power necessary to find you - and do MUCH more than just say hello ...

the mere fact that you posted ONCE here - is enough to at least find which ip was used - proxy or not - track it back to the isp - located by court order the ip list - track the ip to the account holder - and then find where the account holder lives works and eats - just to do some more investigation as to YOUR location ...

its a crap world we live in when it comes to privacy ... so you either work with 'them' - or against 'them' ...

stay off 'their' radar - and they leave you alone ...

at least for now anyway ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 05:06:20 AM

Of course I know the big dogs can find me if they want to, I'm not attempting to protect myself from the state by deleting forum posts. I'm also not worried about them coming after me because I'm not doing anything criminal, I pay my taxes, and so on.

I'm protecting myself from easily becoming the target of trolls and harassment from the wider public, which when dealing with projects and communities that involve significant sums of money, can easily go from keyboard warrior to real life harassment. I've seen it happen to numerous people on this very forum - some arguably deserving (scam devs etc), some definitely not. I choose to do some real basic stuff to minimize that possibility.

yup - understood ...

to each their own ...

#crysx

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3518

born once atheist

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:17:57 PM

nice green candle ...thanx buyer(s)..you will be rewarded

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Lernerz

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:14:12 PM

Any updates?
Nikolaj

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:20:45 AM

in 60 days I'll start an interesting association with SPR (adoption phase as a merchant). The requirement will be the certified possession of SPR coins.

Apart this, I've got a personal project in mind, that will accept as a form of payment SPR. The latter it's a long term one, especially considering the potential of the new decentralized wallet concept of georgem.

It will be pretty interesting also regarding the association with HLM, given that whoever buys SPR now will possess an equivalent amount of HLM later.

If you consider the tiny market cap, it's just matter of time that as all the other coins it gains a proper evaluation.

The BTC/USD ATH it's the testament of these new heights, and it 2017 will be surely an year to remember.

SPR has just awoken Wink

CONGRATS for the SPREADCOIN ALL-TIME HIGH (ATH)  Grin

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 12:26:06 AM

in 60 days I'll start an interesting association with SPR (adoption phase as a merchant). The requirement will be the certified possession of SPR coins.

Apart this, I've got a personal project in mind, that will accept as a form of payment SPR. The latter it's a long term one, especially considering the potential of the new decentralized wallet concept of georgem.

It will be pretty interesting also regarding the association with HLM, given that whoever buys SPR now will possess an equivalent amount of HLM later.

If you consider the tiny market cap, it's just matter of time that as all the other coins it gains a proper evaluation.

The BTC/USD ATH it's the testament of these new heights, and it 2017 will be surely an year to remember.

SPR has just awoken Wink

this is an interesting time mate ...

especially when considering that we are all working on projects that will be benefited - AND - will benefit the communities - AND - the crypto industry ...

#crysx

Nikolaj

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:29:31 AM

SPR has just awoken Wink

this is an interesting time mate ...

especially when considering that we are all working on projects that will be benefited - AND - will benefit the communities - AND - the crypto industry ...

#crysx

You're damn right, mate !

My aim is to diversify, or ... let's say... SPREAD  Cool

Have a good day chrys  Smiley
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 12:40:59 AM

Any updates?

I will have something major before the end of the month.
Next to the continuous work on the spreadwallet, I also started work on a new (long overdue) spreadcoin-daemon based on the newest bitcoin core 0.14 version which I will release soon.

But I wouldn't call it spreadcoin CORE, because I am only adapting spreadcoin to most of the newest bitcoin core features, but NOT all of them.
Just enough to get the benefits, but not too much so that it might cause a fork. (in any case the protocol will remain 100% unchanged)

More info about that very soon.

And yes, it will only be a daemon, since the plan is that from now on the spreadwallet will be the separated GUI for the spreadcoin daemon (and other coin's daemons).
You will run them both together in tandem.

Stay tuned, crazy amount of work.  Shocked

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 10:32:00 AM

Any updates?

I will have something major before the end of the month.
Next to the continuous work on the spreadwallet, I also started work on a new (long overdue) spreadcoin-daemon based on the newest bitcoin core 0.14 version which I will release soon.

But I wouldn't call it spreadcoin CORE, because I am only adapting spreadcoin to most of the newest bitcoin core features, but NOT all of them.
Just enough to get the benefits, but not too much so that it might cause a fork. (in any case the protocol will remain 100% unchanged)

More info about that very soon.

And yes, it will only be a daemon, since the plan is that from now on the spreadwallet will be the separated GUI for the spreadcoin daemon (and other coin's daemons).
You will run them both together in tandem.

Stay tuned, crazy amount of work.  Shocked

sounds it ...

just the implementation alone would be crazy amount of work - let alone compatibility with the current blockchain and protocols ...

sounds interesting ...

#crysx

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:52:15 AM

@Georgem - I have tried and failed to get the daemon running.   Huh  Unfortunately, I don't know enough linux to make it work.  I was able to import the tar file and can't get farther then that.  LOL  - I am such a noob.  I will wait for your tutorial.

Thanks - pokeytex

Hey pokeytex, I pasted a small tutorial in the spreadcointalk forum, did you see it?
Would love to get your feedback.

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:26:52 PM

Thanks - pokeytex

Hey pokeytex, I pasted a small tutorial in the spreadcointalk forum, did you see it?
Would love to get your feedback.

@georgem - Yes - unfortunately my weekend fell apart.  I will give it another attempt over this week/weekend and report back.  Ty. - pokeytex

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 08:05:31 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 08:38:35 PM by georgem

@georgem - Yes - unfortunately my weekend fell apart.  I will give it another attempt over this week/weekend and report back.  Ty. - pokeytex

I'm sorry that you had time once but unfortunately I wasn't around to help you then. Dammit!

It will work out better next time, just write a post, preferably in the spreadcointalk forum.
I check it pretty frequently. More than this thread here.
Thanks.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 08:07:40 PM

Hey Nikolaj,

you got me curious now.
What is this association you are talking about, and what do you mean with "certified possession" of SPR coins?

You asked me to have a chat about this through skype/slack but I would rather have such discussions in public, it's my policy in such cases, since I now consider myself "employed by the spreadcoin community".

Thank you.

Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: