Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790354 times)
georgerm

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:10:56 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 04:22:33 AM by georgerm

georgerm here.... I apologize that I haven't been onlinee as much. I have had to keep my use of technology secret from my tribe. If they knew that I was using technology, I would surely take the L. They don't even know that I have a computer. I must keep the followin g truncated

Been trapped here for a while now. Somehow I was knocked unconscious and when I woke up I was in a giant anarcho primitivist tribe.  the past few months have been trying on my soul.... If any of the members of the tribe found out that I was here typing on my computer, I would surely be stoned, pickled, and fed to the commune......Usually tribes feed people to the dogs, but primitivists think dogs are technology.

Regardless of how the anprims would deal with me, development may be slow from here on out due to this sole, yet very large issue. Please send any penicillin you may have. I have a nasty toe infection and if it doesn't go away I don't know if I'll ever be able to finish the half - address vanity generator.

Stay tuned.  Embarrassed

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:41:10 PM

Super Hydra troll

In time you'll look back at your contribution to Bitcoin and how it empowers societies, and you'll realise what a fool you were and regret your missed opportunities to make a positive impact.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:03:01 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2016, 03:48:09 AM by coins101

I think the issue of bandwidth might be addressed by using similar solutions that logistics firms use.

The largest container ships move huge amounts to ports; ports move containers to trains and trucks; trucks move stuff to regional depots; regional depots push stuff in smaller delivery vans to customers.

Perhaps bitcoin needs a series of 3,000 - 4,000 nodes that are the largest ships; they give priority to data transfer to regional full nodes; these then serve SPV's.

edit

I think we need a BIP.

Would one determine the "largest ships" through a similar coding mechanism as you posted earlier? If you could somehow determine where / how full nodes were being run and how much bandwidth they each have then you could begin to divide them up into classes based on purpose and capability. Very interesting.

It looks like the latest Bitcoin Core releases are starting to feature passing data between specific types of nodes, but for a different purpose. So a BIP on this will be easier (could be just a pull request).

This bit: NO_BLOOM_VERSION

Code:
(strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERLOAD ||
                strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERADD ||
-               strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERCLEAR))
-    {
-        if (pfrom->nVersion >= NO_BLOOM_VERSION) {
-            LOCK(cs_main);
-            Misbehaving(pfrom->GetId(), 100);
-            return false;
-        } else {
-            pfrom->fDisconnect = true;
-        }
+               strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERCLEAR)) {
+        LOCK(cs_main);
+        Misbehaving(pfrom->GetId(), 5);

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8587
dcascio

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 05:56:33 AM

do i need to "setgenerate true" in the wallet to mine properly or is that just for CPU mining? The GPU miner seems to be working but I'm not sure if that setgenerate was neccessary. I have not yet received any coins but I think its because the GPU keeps cashing every couple of hours. Any help would be cool. I'm brand new to all of this.

Thanks in advance.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 09:50:07 AM

do i need to "setgenerate true" in the wallet to mine properly or is that just for CPU mining? The GPU miner seems to be working but I'm not sure if that setgenerate was neccessary. I have not yet received any coins but I think its because the GPU keeps cashing every couple of hours. Any help would be cool. I'm brand new to all of this.

Thanks in advance.

I am no expert but I am pretty sure that setgenerate=true means that you are mining with the CPU.  As far as the crashing goes - maybe it is a power or update issue in the software?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:58:22 PM

Thanks in advance.

I am no expert but I am pretty sure that setgenerate=true means that you are mining with the CPU.  As far as the crashing goes - maybe it is a power or update issue in the software?

I think that's right, CPU mining.

Technical support for mining:  http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0

I paid a bounty to get this mining video created, so please use it  Cheesy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDzpiBLDcA&feature=youtu.be

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:01:35 PM

I think the issue of bandwidth might be addressed by using similar solutions that logistics firms use.

The largest container ships move huge amounts to ports; ports move containers to trains and trucks; trucks move stuff to regional depots; regional depots push stuff in smaller delivery vans to customers.

Perhaps bitcoin needs a series of 3,000 - 4,000 nodes that are the largest ships; they give priority to data transfer to regional full nodes; these then serve SPV's.

edit

I think we need a BIP.

Would one determine the "largest ships" through a similar coding mechanism as you posted earlier? If you could somehow determine where / how full nodes were being run and how much bandwidth they each have then you could begin to divide them up into classes based on purpose and capability. Very interesting.

It looks like the latest Bitcoin Core releases are starting to feature passing data between specific types of nodes, but for a different purpose. So a BIP on this will be easier (could be just a pull request).

This bit: NO_BLOOM_VERSION

Code:
(strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERLOAD ||
                strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERADD ||
-               strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERCLEAR))
-    {
-        if (pfrom->nVersion >= NO_BLOOM_VERSION) {
-            LOCK(cs_main);
-            Misbehaving(pfrom->GetId(), 100);
-        } else {
-            pfrom->fDisconnect = true;
-        }
+               strCommand == NetMsgType::FILTERCLEAR)) {
+        LOCK(cs_main);
+        Misbehaving(pfrom->GetId(), 5);

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8587

How do BIPs work anyway? For instance, if I developed one and thought it would be useful for Bitcoin. What exactly would I do with it?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:03:41 PM

This is how Proof of Bitcoin Node (or any cross chain Node) needs to work, using the OP_RETURN updates in BIP74

The internal communications within the Spreadwallet make this whole thing work. The internal communications within the Spreadwallet can be similar to the way exchanges deal with transactions, they have their own ledgers that keep track of whats going on, and only when customers put money in or take money out do they interact with specific coin daemons.

Because of Bitcoin confirmation wait times, the completion of the proof might take 10 minutes or 10 days, but the relay communications can be ring fenced / locked by the servicenode network to avoid an attacker stealing payments.

If you have the required public and private keys, only you can create and confirm the hash as proof of the broadcast message.

@Georgem (the real one)

I think we can make Proof of Bitcoin Node work by bringing back PoW into the client.

The validation process to generate an output to the Bitcoin Blockchain, that can be a Hashcash PoW solution, which would do what it was originally intended (before Satoshi got hold of idea) by making the client do work to avoid people spinning up thousands of fake nodes off one server.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:07:38 PM

How do BIPs work anyway? For instance, if I developed one and thought it would be useful for Bitcoin. What exactly would I do with it?

You need to look at BIP 0001 for that answer:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0001

However, today there is a convoluted process to test if your BIP is workable.  To give it a better than average chance of being accepted, you need to develop some code or pay someone to develop some code along with your reasons for proposing a BIP. If accepted as a BIP you get assigned a BIP number. This doesn't mean a BIP gets accepted and merged into Bitcoin, but its a proposal with merit and might get merged at some future point; which basically means develop your proposal into workable code.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:15:11 PM

However, today there is a convoluted process to test if your BIP is workable.  To give it a better than average chance of being accepted, you need to develop some code or pay someone to develop some code along with your reasons for proposing a BIP. If accepted as a BIP you get assigned a BIP number. This doesn't mean a BIP gets accepted and merged into Bitcoin, but its a proposal with merit and might get merged at some future point; which basically means develop your proposal into workable code.

Lol. "BIP 0001 is the Bitcoin Improvement Proposal that proposes Bitcoin Improvement Proposals."

I'm surprised you can even propose something without code along with it haha. I guess there could be some instances in which there is someone who has a good idea but doesn't have the requisite coding skills to develop it.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:51:24 PM

However, today there is a convoluted process to test if your BIP is workable.  To give it a better than average chance of being accepted, you need to develop some code or pay someone to develop some code along with your reasons for proposing a BIP. If accepted as a BIP you get assigned a BIP number. This doesn't mean a BIP gets accepted and merged into Bitcoin, but its a proposal with merit and might get merged at some future point; which basically means develop your proposal into workable code.

Lol. "BIP 0001 is the Bitcoin Improvement Proposal that proposes Bitcoin Improvement Proposals."

I'm surprised you can even propose something without code along with it haha. I guess there could be some instances in which there is someone who has a good idea but doesn't have the requisite coding skills to develop it.

Actually, Spreadcoin has one BIP that has been reserved as an advisory.  Wladimir van der Laan - Lead Maintainer,  stepped in when it was going to be rejected and accepted it might be something that needs to be addressed in the future. You can see a gap  where ours might potentially get allocated at BIP104.

It was to do with the bitcoin blockchain potentially not being open source, even while the bitcoin software is open source.

The bitcoin software generates information and places it in a blockchain and if we are to be in a position to make money from the data to fund nodes and Bitcoin mining (to replace most user fees when Coinbase rewards drop to zero), then both the software and the data stored in the blockchain needs to be open source.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:21:00 PM

However, today there is a convoluted process to test if your BIP is workable.  To give it a better than average chance of being accepted, you need to develop some code or pay someone to develop some code along with your reasons for proposing a BIP. If accepted as a BIP you get assigned a BIP number. This doesn't mean a BIP gets accepted and merged into Bitcoin, but its a proposal with merit and might get merged at some future point; which basically means develop your proposal into workable code.

Actually, Spreadcoin has one BIP that has been reserved as an advisory.  Wladimir van der Laan - Lead Maintainer,  stepped in when it was going to be rejected and accepted it might be something that needs to be addressed in the future. You can see a gap  where ours might potentially get allocated at BIP104.

It was to do with the bitcoin blockchain potentially not being open source, even while the bitcoin software is open source.

The bitcoin software generates information and places it in a blockchain and if we are to be in a position to make money from the data to fund nodes and Bitcoin mining (to replace most user fees when Coinbase rewards drop to zero), then both the software and the data stored in the blockchain needs to be open source.

That's interesting. Why do they both need to be open source? I found the working paper - I remember that the team had been in contact with the Bitcoin devs last year at some point but I didn't remember anything much happening because of it. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

This: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEbhrQ4ELzBOUVtOHJQdlhvUmc/view

Right?

I quickly skimmed and it looks like Bitcoin would require a hard fork for this (being data mining rewards supplementing coinbase rewards) to happen? This is only to ensure that the data mining rewards are coded into the Bitcoin code? Would Service Nodes be separate from this? Or would they literally become a part of the Bitcoin network?

So essentially, if I'm understanding this correctly, SNs would begin to fund Bitcoin miners and node operators?  Shocked

I find myself wondering why this project hasn't garnered more attention...

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:29:22 PM

So essentially, if I'm understanding this correctly, SNs would begin to fund Bitcoin miners and node operators?  Shocked

Yes. Funding bitcoin mining via ServiceNodes is in the Whitepaper.  It's not something that would happen overnight, but that's where Georgem's roadmap will eventually take us.

That link was not the latest version. I'll see if it's around somewhere.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:31:58 PM

Yes. Funding bitcoin mining via ServiceNodes is in the Whitepaper.  It's not something that would happen overnight, but that's where Georgem's roadmap will eventually take us.

Yea, I've read the white paper. I must have missed the part about funding miners - or inconveniently forgotten about it lol.

I'll have to go back and reread that part. And I definitely didn't realize it tied into a BIP.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 07:25:08 PM

It's in the bottom right corner of the chart.

This is one of the reasons for creating a decentralized exchange.
ugabuga

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:58:44 AM

what is the best way to mine this coin? (There ASIC machines for this algorithm)?

In the case of graphics cards, which is the best model, and which speed reaches?

I need to think better in this currency ... LOL

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
ugabuga

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:02:02 PM

LOL ... or I did some question that I should not do, or everyone was on vacation ..

There will bubbling activity, markets, dump ... the usual

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
harambepirate

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 05:21:21 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 05:44:27 PM by harambepirate

*Harambepirate shakes the forum furiously*

*Harambepirate pokes the forum with a stick*

*Harambepirate begins to cry because the dead forum reminds him of Harambe*
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 05:54:31 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 07:03:47 PM by coins101

what is the best way to mine this coin? (There ASIC machines for this algorithm)?

In the case of graphics cards, which is the best model, and which speed reaches?

I need to think better in this currency ... LOL

GPU solo mining is best. No ASICS.

Help here

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=l02o09j5tj9bmh0aeqrn538ec7&board=5.0

Also see the OP for links to mining video.

There is a paid for optimized miner which someone around here has which is good if you have NVIDIA.

I think it's this guy Wolf0, but this guy has one too:

@SP - whatever happened to the spreadminer 10?

Spreadminer 9+ compiled for cuda 8.0 has a small boost on the gtx 1070. I can send the exe to you.

can you send me that too? i was also a donator for the spread algo

also

Maybe try sgminer for linux https://github.com/girino/spreadcoinx11-sgminer

Not sure about this miner: https://github.com/tsiv/spreadminer
binaries here https://github.com/tsiv/spreadminer/releases

create the spreadcoin.conf file.

Find it in ...\Appdata\Roaming\Spreadcoin folder.

content of example file:
Code:
daemon=1
listen=1
server=1
rpcuser=your_username
rpcpassword=your_password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=37333

then you need to start your miner with the correct credentials and settings:
spreadminer.bat content:

Code:
spreadminer -o http://127.0.0.1:37333 -u your_username -p your_password

Port number can be different, but it needs to be unused on your system.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 07:26:25 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 07:40:15 PM by rhinomonkey

hydra troll

Lol, I guess long conversations about how Spreadcoin will eventually literally support Bitcoin's existence don't count as real activity on the forum.

In case anyone missed it: here's the Whitepaper: http://spreadcoin.info/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Proof-of-Bitcoin-Node-DRAFTv1-1.pdf

Coins if you find the updated working paper, I'd love to see it.

Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: