Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:43:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin trading strategy  (Read 13704 times)
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:14:22 PM

well make plans for the future isnt for sure gambling or a bet the thing is you must worry atleast a little on the tomorrow.... you need to eat drink take a shower go work... or just to eat or drink soo its basic to survival.
Valanor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:23:31 AM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......

I think you create on wrong section
More trader discussion in here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:34:00 AM

To be honest, marketcap has less thing to do with trading anyway. It is not about the marketcap will grow few years later or the value will increase after the halving or whatsoever but it is about the movement of the price, the fluctuation of each price .

Even if BTC value were to fall into 1 cent / BTC if there is still a movement in this then BTC is worth to be used for trading , however even if we see $1000 / BTC but if the value is constant without any movement at all then it cant be traded at all (unless someone or few people manipulate it to make it looks fluctuative)
But if the value of bitcoin will drop in cents. Many users will not using bitcoin because of its value and many will disappoint when its happened.

It is not about the value or the usage of BTC to begin with. It doesnt actually important in trading, whats important is the movement of it and that is where trader got its profit and not about millions of people to use it. Of course it will be useless for trader if there isnt any movement eventhough millions of people use it or the mass adoption is happening though

Why would you not want to use it if the value were to fall into cents (which is unlikely) ? The feature as well as the technology stays the same even if the value gonna drop in the future anyway. BTC is still BTC despite the value drop or crash but ofcourse most people will jump out of the sinking ship

But if you will notice that people want more money and they not contended on what they have or how much they can earn. They want more and they don't like a small value for a long time.

Ofcourse having a higher value will benefit trader more and would attract more people into it which in this case every movement would net a higher profit for traderif you would compare it to cents but my point would be that even if the value were to drop, the technology stands.
The reality is that most people are only tied to its value, when the value drop then most people will assume that it is dead .Most people are not even aware of this but the true value of BTC were in its technology and also its decentralized principle
Yeah you can say that the value of bitcoin is low but if you keep it from your wallet and wait the value of bitcoin will go high so that you can't say that bitcoin is dead or its worthless

I think arallmuus is saying that it's the volatility in the price that attracts traders.  Investors in bitcoin may want more value and a higher price, but I would think traders are just making a bet on the direction the price is going to go in the future.
But it still the value of the bitcoin, take note value and price are not the same. Value is the importance of bitcoin and the price is how much bitcoin is . So you mean say that they want a high price, if they want a high price they should wait for that time.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:31:11 AM

the thing is to be wise and enter on the right time on the market,put some buy orders and wait  to complete and must pay attencion... can buy it now and hold for 4 months ,expecting price to go up
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:30:39 AM

the thing is to be wise and enter on the right time on the market,put some buy orders and wait  to complete and must pay attencion... can buy it now and hold for 4 months ,expecting price to go up

it's better to do it with stock or forex, opening a position and closing it it is much simple thna opening an order, you can close your position fast enough and take a small profit where with opening an order you are more susceptible to the market movments

i suggest to use bitcoin for trading with cfd, with plus500 or 1broker, there are others platform, but I do not feel very comfortable using them
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:18:25 AM

But it still the value of the bitcoin, take note value and price are not the same. Value is the importance of bitcoin and the price is how much bitcoin is . So you mean say that they want a high price, if they want a high price they should wait for that time.

Price and value are not the same, but if there is a full-fledged market where the process of finding price occurs, the notion of value becomes virtually irrelevant (as far as traders and investors are concerned, of course), since in that case price would follow value with high fidelity...

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:52:47 AM

There is a slight difference between trading and "holding / investment " (call it whatever you want) because it is not in the nature of traders to hold for months when they could make a slight profit instantly. Also that , "expecting" price to go up is pretty much taking a blind bet and trader isnt the same as gambler unless you are inexperienced on it because most trader dont do a "blind bet".

Nevertheless, it is actually a one way around to another because each time a trader profitted from trading that means there also a trader that lost on his trade

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:21:37 PM

Price and value are not the same, but if there is a full-fledged market where the process of finding price occurs, the notion of value becomes virtually irrelevant (as far as traders and investors are concerned, of course), since in that case price would follow value with high fidelity...

but they misunderstood it . So that they leaved without knowing the truth. And they loss the coins that they can earn and also the they miss the time when the price of bitcoin are high.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:25:30 PM

but they misunderstood it . So that they leaved without knowing the truth. And they loss the coins that they can earn and also the they miss the time when the price of bitcoin are high.

Money is value just as anything of value, like food, house, transport and so on. The value comes from people preferring one thing over another thing, in the aggregate you can therefore tell the price of something. Money is one of the things of value, sometimes you prefer money (when you sell your time) and sometimes you prefer something else, that you buy for money. It is due to the general value, not a specific type of value, that the money is so good to  have.

If we only could find a type of money that has that trait that fiat money doesn't have; long time store of value.....

Dotakels

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:26:29 AM

Money is value just as anything of value, like food, house, transport and so on. The value comes from people preferring one thing over another thing, in the aggregate you can therefore tell the price of something. Money is one of the things of value, sometimes you prefer money (when you sell your time) and sometimes you prefer something else, that you buy for money. It is due to the general value, not a specific type of value, that the money is so good to  have.

If we only could find a type of money that has that trait that fiat money doesn't have; long time store of value.....

I think all of the old currency are now gone, because government let it go and their not giving a sympathy of that currency. The only way is to giving importance in different currency and having respect.
xavi21

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:57:27 PM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......

In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:57:57 AM

In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.

usually by following the trend, you need your stop loss to be set higher then stop for profit, i'm doing this is in the form of a ratio to 1:5(stopprofit/stoploss)

then closing the position and repeat, you need to look at the past days before opening a position, but my bitcoin are being invested in stock/forex/commodities, so maybe it's a bit different, than opening a order
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:53:08 AM

Trading is always a risk. I was trading a lot last year when btc was very high, I earned a lot of money but lost it all.
I think that at last, only the whales keep the profit.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 07:55:16 PM

Trading is always a risk. I was trading a lot last year when btc was very high, I earned a lot of money but lost it all.

Seriously I would say that you dont know how to trade properly . Basically as a trader you will need to know how to stop loss at X percentage each time the price is declining. From your statement, it seems like you know about it because if you know it then you wouldnt claimed that you lose it all.
With regards, you dont have to be a whale to get profit in trading. A whale has nothing to do in order to gain profit from trading but as a whale you could manipulate the market for easy profit of course

P.S : There is a thin line of difference between "trading" and "holding" apparently it seems you are more to hold than trade

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Valanor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:08:08 PM

I Think you must learn how to read grafick , you earned lot of money but lost it all ? because you greedy , my trading strategy is stop after get 20-25% than stop it and WD to wallet,,

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:46:58 PM

Buying low and selling high is the best strategy. But you need the right tools, something linke this:

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:12:54 AM

I Think you must learn how to read grafick , you earned lot of money but lost it all ? because you greedy , my trading strategy is stop after get 20-25% than stop it and WD to wallet,,

Not many people have that skill to read some graphic, although if you have a good analyze, that prediction will fail too sometime, people tend to follow to movement its safer than predict it and set your buying and selling price

Buying low and selling high is the best strategy. But you need the right tools

Buying low and selling high is the base of trading but how can you predict that you are buying at the lowest price and sell it to highest price? That thing you can't get it easily
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 07:52:57 AM

my trading strategy is stop after get 20-25% than stop it

You are a pretty bogus trader as well I supposed. Having a 20-25 % profit is indeed a very bad option, considering the price keep on staying at +/- 5 % maximum each day ( on the day before this rally to $250 ) then you will probably be waiting for such a long time just to get your desired profit

and WD to wallet,,

Huh? You gain profit in FIAT then withdraw then to your wallet? I may be wrong on this if you are withdrawing BTC in this case then I do think thats such a wasted option as well

P.S ; try to use google translate before posting nonsense seriously people get a hard time to understand what you wrote

Buying low and selling high is the best strategy. But you need the right tools, something linke this:
-snip-

I do wish I have one of those though  Cheesy

Buying low and selling high is the base of trading but how can you predict that you are buying at the lowest price and sell it to highest price? That thing you can't get it easily

Of course you can ( not predict but roughly pinpoint). Most people just dont want to learn new things because they thought it is complicated but honestly it is not that complicated.

You dont need to buy at the lowest price, buy it at whatever position you want sell it higher than the position that your purchased it, voila profit ! Many people are getting the wrong concept that they must bought at the lowest point however this isnt always the case though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:47:12 PM

Of course you can ( not predict but roughly pinpoint). Most people just dont want to learn new things because they thought it is complicated but honestly it is not that complicated.

You dont need to buy at the lowest price, buy it at whatever position you want sell it higher than the position that your purchased it, voila profit ! Many people are getting the wrong concept that they must bought at the lowest point however this isnt always the case though

But it will take some time if you buy it at any price and then wait the price go higher. In my experience I bought in any price like you said but then I can't sell it in the higher price and when I choose to hold ir for a little longer the price is going down drastically. Thats why many people (including me) want to buy it at the lowest price
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 08:09:51 PM

But it will take some time if you buy it at any price and then wait the price go higher. In my experience I bought in any price like you said but then I can't sell it in the higher price and when I choose to hold ir for a little longer the price is going down drastically. Thats why many people (including me) want to buy it at the lowest price

Then you dont know how to do things properly I guess. Most people contradict themselves with the meaning of profit, basically half dollar is considered as a profit but most people seems to not interested in selling for half dollar profit which makes them hold for a higher expected price.

To be honest, it will be hard if you are seeking to snipe in the "lowest price" as your position and it will be much better if you take your position as soon as possible and sell them for a slight profit anyway. Movements is all you need in trading, not to snipe in the lowest price because basically with movement , you can take profit from most position (unless you are buying from the highest point of course)

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x