Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:12:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382133 times)
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:35:56 PM

What is meant by 'metadata' in the following passage taken from http://forum.sia.tech/topic/867/addressing-thoughtful-concerns-about-sia-s-security-viability
and where is it stored?

Sia has all the benefits and more of a cloud. Sia is a very early platform, so not all of the features I'm about to mention are in place, but we expect they will all be there within the next 12 months. The architecture has been explicitly designed to allow for them, we just need more engineers and engineering time:
    Data can be easily retrieved from any device.
    Data is backed up across dozens of hosts on many different continents
    Data can be recovered using only your wallet seed. You do not need to store the metadata (note: this feature is still a few months away. In the meantime, keep your metadata!)
    Sia is decentralized such that only you are in control of the data. No corporation can deny you access to your files, no storage provider can spy on your files, you are not subject to weird terms of service, not subject   to vendor lock-in, not subject to arbitrary changes in price.

Thanks Smiley

Bump - anyone?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:43:44 PM

stopping by to say hi just joined back in i sold way to early before i had more of an understanding of the project.. i like long term investing.. Good luck team and ill will keep reading up!

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
marklin

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

Bitcore (BTX) anything is possible!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 05:09:08 PM

Code:
[2017-05-21 12:02:07] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2017-05-21 12:02:07] 7 miner threads started, using 'sia' algorithm.
[2017-05-21 12:02:07] Stratum connection failed: Could not resolve host: sia.usa.nicehash.com
[2017-05-21 12:02:07] ...retry after 30 seconds

Try again. It should work now.  Smiley
The same ending! Please try to give a good result!

Bitcore (BTX) anything is possible!
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:25:53 PM

News about minebox?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:38:02 PM

Congrats to those long term holders. Still have a modest bag myself (though I did sell more than I wish I had). It's great to see Sia getting some well deserved attention. Even if this price does not hold, remember that speculative bubbles come and go, but the solid projects like this one persist. Don't just trade Sia, try out the tech and you'll know what i speak of.
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:42:03 PM

hi

what prospect for sia ?
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:43:45 PM

SIA is a pump and dump shitcoin that is riding on the DGB Hype train which is a shitcoin itself

THis bubble will burst hard and SIA will be under 25 sats in no time
galaxiekyl
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:59:22 PM

SIA is a pump and dump shitcoin that is riding on the DGB Hype train which is a shitcoin itself

wow why so much rage..do you have missed the bull run ?

sia and dgb have project it seems to me..sia cloud storage and dgb cybersecuity by smartcontract and it will activat segwit soon.

if some one use sia network..can it coming testify than sia cold storage work ?
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:07:11 PM

I am planning to sell at 1500-2000 sat, as from there on i believe it's a long hold. Lets see what june brings
Actually, I don't want to speculate at the price but we cant really see now I think. I will wait for further developments If I were you, I think Siacoin has so much to bring to the table.

but i heard the devs are planning to hold the price down on purpose because of cheap hosting value, am i wrong saying that $0.10 would be their max goal at the very end?

Nope, that's not correct. Hosting prices are offered by individual hosts that will reduce the price in Siacoin according to market conditions. For example, one moth ago I was asking 1200SC/Tb/month and now I am asking for 200SC. It doesn't matter if the value of the token goes to the moon: I will have to keep reducing the price to be competitive.

I must be the only one here that is not happy with this price bump. I am a host and for me is just annoying to have to be changing my hosting prices every couple of days. And for potential renters I guess all this instability of prices might be scary: "should I rent or should I hold my coins?". Sia does not need a price bump like this. We just need stability to promote the network growth and attract big renters to the ecosystem (right now, only 2.5% of the offered space is being used)
galaxiekyl
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:12:30 PM

I am planning to sell at 1500-2000 sat, as from there on i believe it's a long hold. Lets see what june brings
Actually, I don't want to speculate at the price but we cant really see now I think. I will wait for further developments If I were you, I think Siacoin has so much to bring to the table.

but i heard the devs are planning to hold the price down on purpose because of cheap hosting value, am i wrong saying that $0.10 would be their max goal at the very end?

Nope, that's not correct. Hosting prices are offered by individual hosts that will reduce the price in Siacoin according to market conditions. For example, one moth ago I was asking 1200SC/Tb/month and now I am asking for 200SC. It doesn't matter if the value of the token goes to the moon: I will have to keep reducing the price to be competitive.

I must be the only one here that is not happy with this price bump. I am a host and for me is just annoying to have to be changing my hosting prices every couple of days. And for potential renters I guess all this instability of prices might be scary: "should I rent or should I hold my coins?". Sia does not need a price bump like this. We just need stability to promote the network growth and attract big renters to the ecosystem (right now, only 2.5% of the offered space is being used)

so are u not satisfact of resell ur sia with more value..what u should u said of btc  Roll Eyes
Hakkane

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:25:43 PM

so are u not satisfact of resell ur sia with more value..what u should u said of btc  Roll Eyes

I am not in the Sia ecosystem to make money. I am here to offer storage space because I believe in this project and I think it can become the "Uber of cloud storage". That way, it will broke Amazon/Microsoft monopolies an reduce overall the cost of cloud storage worldwide, something everybody will benefit in the long term.

It is right my current hosting contracts will return me more value, but I think it is also scaring new renters. In the last 3-4 days the rate of new storage contracts have been significantly reduced compared with the last 2 weeks. I would ratter have 80% of my disks full of cheap contracts than just a 5% (like now) of contracts that have increased their value because of a exchange bump in the meanwhile.

Also, this bump means for the hosts that we will have to pay much more FIAT for acquiring collateral to offer in the new contracts... I already have my wallet with plenty of collateral budget, but any new host needs to provide by design 20.000SC minimal in collateral budget. This is, $200 paid upfront if you want to offer your hard drives with the hope of receiving $2-3/Tb/month... Do you see the problem more clear now?

So as you see, only traders are benefiting from this bump, not the users
dragonchopper9

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:31:17 PM

Earlier for me, the price of this token (120-150 sat) seemed colossal. But now I think 450sat is very small.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
galaxiekyl
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:36:21 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 10:55:59 PM by galaxiekyl

I am not in the Sia ecosystem to make money. I am here to offer storage space because I believe in this project and I think it can become the "Uber of cloud storage". That way, it will broke Amazon/Microsoft monopolies an reduce overall the cost of cloud storage worldwide, something everybody will benefit in the long term.

It is right my current hosting contracts will return me more value, but I think it is also scaring new renters. In the last 3-4 days the rate of new storage contracts have been significantly reduced compared with the last 2 weeks. I would ratter have 80% of my disks full of cheap contracts than just a 5% (like now) of contracts that have increased their value because of a exchange bump in the meanwhile.

Also, this bump means for the hosts that we will have to pay much more FIAT for acquiring collateral to offer in the new contracts... I already have my wallet with plenty of collateral budget, but any new host needs to provide by design 20.000SC minimal in collateral budget. This is, $200 paid upfront if you want to offer your hard drives with the hope of receiving $2-3/Tb/month... Do you see the problem more clear now?

sure this problem must be resolve by devs not me and you..why not provide price in fiat this will more clear.

however it is a very good project..i never made trust at cloud storage..because this can close or look your data if they want..price is very expansif andif you do not pay your data are delete..What is the policy about this? when contrat is end i can recuperat my data ?
Menaxerius

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:58:24 PM

I've downloaded the new wallet and now I'm getting:

A SIA-UI error has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error:log Loading.... (0/6) Loading siad... (1/6) Loading gateway...listen txp: address undefined: missing port in address

And idea how to fix that?
Norfolk

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:57:32 PM

sure this problem must be resolve by devs not me and you..why not provide price in fiat this will more clear.

however it is a very good project..i never made trust at cloud storage..because this can close or look your data if they want..price is very expansif andif you do not pay your data are delete..What is the policy about this? when contrat is end i can recuperat my data ?

yes SC can make fiat CNY space rent, but a lot of people forgot whats happening, this very long term project works now, and its using 1-2% only or less, and big players knows that so they just buying all your SIA for nothing, you all get news that's for sure, but when SIA hit 1$, will that make you confident? hmmmmm
better not to think like a crowd
in june will be direct file share, in decentralized manner, this is huge step, and big problem for regulators, at any cost this service will be very popular in internet and darknet, some guy sad for Monero, I buy every time that I have opportunity when it will hit, better be ready.

ideology for Sia forming current situation, it has actually concurrent in BURST but don't have file store tech like SIA
LaBlanj

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:01:47 AM

hi
i wanna mine siacoin. can you suggest a good sc pool? because some pools are paying payments very very late.

▄▄▄                                          ███                ▄▄▄     ███
███                                          ███               ▐███▌    ███
███                                          ███                ▀▀▀     ███
███        ▄███████▄   ▐███▄█████▄     ▄▄███████ ▄▄███████▄▄    ███   ███████▄
███       ████▀  ████  ▐████▀▀████▌   ████▀▀██▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▌   ███   ▀▀███▀▀▀
███      ▐████▄▄▄████  ▐███    ███▌  ████    ▄████▀▄█▌   ▐███   ███     ███
███      ▐███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐███    ███▌  ███▌   ████▀▄███▀   ▐███   ███     ███
███       ████▄    ▄▄  ▐███    ███▌  ████▄   ▄█████▀▄█   ████   ███     ███▄ ▄▄
▀████████  ▀████████▀  ▐███    ███▌   █████████▀▀  ████████▀    ███     ▀█████▀

ALL YOU NEED IS LOAN

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████▌  █████████████████
████████████▌  █████████████████
███████▀▀      ███▀      ▀██████
██████   ▄██▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▄██▄   █████
█████▌  ████    ▄▀  ████   █████
█████▌  ▐███▄▄▀▀  ▄▄████   █████
██████   ▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀  ▀▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄▄████████
▀██████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Hakkane

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:21:38 AM

Your data is safe at Sia: it is encrypted, and each file is divided in chunks divided among 50 different hosts. So even if I could decrypt it, I would still need access to thethe 49 remaining hosts.

The renter pays the price upfront: You make an allowance for a max amount of data and a defined duration at a fixed price. For example, let's say you have 1Tb to upload for 10 months. The software finds you the best 50 hosts and you make contracts with them, let's say, at 100SC/Tb/month. As data is stored at 3x redundancy, you would pay 3000SC upfront. In other words, you are not affected if the price of Sia changes over time. Mostly the host is affected because he can't predict the value of what he will receive. Host is paid ONLY at the end of the contract if he kept a 97% uptime during the contract (if not, you receive your money back and the collateral the host put upfront is burnt)

You can download your data as many times as you want during the duration of the contract (you pay per bandwidth too, but it is usually a much lower than the storage price). Once the contract is over, files are destroyed
Valiant Thor

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:25:55 AM

Sounds like you just hatin!
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:32:59 AM

Earlier for me, the price of this token (120-150 sat) seemed colossal. But now I think 450sat is very small.

I have a second thought on SIA coin now, and I already made a purchased. I feel this coin has so much potential and more to offer. I believe this coin will  follow and be successful like NEM.

Open for Campaigns
Fanpant

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:28:53 AM

I have a second thought on SIA coin now, and I already made a purchased. I feel this coin has so much potential and more to offer. I believe this coin will  follow and be successful like NEM.

So what is the reason for the recent big rise?
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: