Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:05:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:37:56 PM

Host activation price - 2000 siacoin.
Can i turn off the host? Do these 2000 sc come back?

The 2000SC is the minimal collateral budget the UI asks you. If you want to offer a lot of space, you'll need more collateral, of course. When you host, you offer a collateral for every contract a renter forms with you. You choose how much, but if it is 2 or 3 times bigger than your price per Tb, you have more chances to be selected by the renter.

Once the contract is formed, that collateral stays locked. If during the time of the contract you keep a 97% uptime (trough periodical Proofs-of-Storage), you recover the collateral and receive the payment for hosting and bandwidth. If you fail, renter recovers his payment and the collateral is burnt.

Of course you can stop being a host at any moment, but the locked collateral will not be returned to you until the end of the contracts you previously had (and only if you keep the 97% uptime)

But what happens with 2000 siacoin for making a host? Will they come back to me?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoCalum

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:08:58 PM

Can I put my TB to the network? And will I earn Siacoin? If so how to do it?
thank you for your reply

Absolutely! Yes, you earn SC with that, it is called hosting (or "farming" in Sia jargon). Just download the last Sia client, wait until the blockchain is synchronized, go to the Hosting tab, choose your parameters (pricing, drives, collateral) and click on "Announce host". Just be sure to have some SC on your wallet to offer as a collateral (minimum 2000SC unless you use the command line instead of the UI)

Can you actively store files on Sia yet? If not, is their an eta for their initial cloud storage release?
Storing files have been enabled since Day 1. File sharing is what is yet to be implemented (probably by June)

While your file is stored within a contract on sia, is the file still available for download and usage/editing by yourself?  In the same way I might email myself a document so I can continue working on them from home, or some people use Dropbox for this same purpose.  

I'm not sure how this could be possible (everytime you edit the file it would surely change the file and its size, thus making your contract invalid).  If it isn't possible then that would make sia more like a bank savings account for your files, where you can't touch them for a particular period of time but they are indeed kept safe.  

I obviously know nothing so any explanation is appreciated

Cheers,
Calum
Right now, Sia is better as a long-term storage, because if you modify a file, the whole file will need to be uploaded again instead of just the modified bytes. Perfect case-use scenario: backups storing. However, partial file upload is in the roadmap (I think they will release it by June too) what will enable that feature you mention: you modify a part of the file and only that parts are uploaded, saving bandwith and costs in SC for the renter. Moreover, an independent developer is preparing a tool called Sia Drive, a kind of Dropbox/Onedrive: You choose a folder and every time you save a new file or modify it is uploaded to Sia automatically.

Hi does anybody else have problem with depost? I've transfered coins from trex to polo and it has been 24h and coins are still pending on polo, waiting 0 of 9 confirmations? thx
Poloniex is experiencing several problems with Sia wallet these days. First check in explore.sia.tech the Tx ID the withdrawal is in the blockchain and then open a ticket in Poloniex

Thanks very much, that was a very helpful response.  I was wondering if instead of renting on a per file basis you could simply rent an amount of storage (1GB, 1TB, whatever) and use that freely.  I imagine that's what will be solved by the Dropbox type development you mentioned.

Much appreciated,
Cheers
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:34:12 PM

But what happens with 2000 siacoin for making a host? Will they come back to me?
Yes. All the coins from those 2000 not allocated in contracts return to you instantly. The rest used as collateral return too as soon as contracts expire

Thanks very much, that was a very helpful response.  I was wondering if instead of renting on a per file basis you could simply rent an amount of storage (1GB, 1TB, whatever) and use that freely.  I imagine that's what will be solved by the Dropbox type development you mentioned.

Much appreciated,
Cheers

Actually, it already works that way: you make an allowance for a certain amount of storage and certain duration, let's say 200Gb for a total of 5 months, so you pay 600SC upfront. You start uploading files: first file is 2SC, second file 15SC... after a time you download the file#2: that is 0.1SC in bandwidth... You upload a new version of file#1: that 3SC...

By the end of the contract you receive back the rest of those 600SC in allowance you did not spend. The only difference here is that uploading and downloading is not automatic like Dropbox (not until a tool like SiaDrive comes): you have to select them in the Sia UI every time you need to upload or download those files
abbaw

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:37:37 AM

Earlier coinage was so cheap, I am now very sorry that I have not bought a lot of this coin. It grows.

I see plenty upside for this project. Anything below 1000 sats still considered cheap.
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:36:56 AM

Earlier coinage was so cheap, I am now very sorry that I have not bought a lot of this coin. It grows.

than they can be mining now?

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:48:53 AM

For a few hours I can not connect to my wallet. Who knows why?
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:51:27 AM

I see plenty upside for this project. Anything below 1000 sats still considered cheap.
time to buy and hold for this coin its seems that there's a lots of things to come and like you have said under 1k sat still cheap
incoming future for the value of sc keep it up and watch how past the movements will come.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:00:33 AM

Yes, right market is in down trend so it is right time to buy some cheap sia coin. Because there is a big chance that the price of sia can increase in future to more than 1000 sats.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 06:14:15 AM

Yes, right market is in down trend so it is right time to buy some cheap sia coin. Because there is a big chance that the price of sia can increase in future to more than 1000 sats.

i don't know much of this coin though but i think this is hype too much. price usually grows specially if the coin has better feature than the rest with same concept like storj. anything below 1000 satoshi is pretty cheap indeed but this one seem to be hitting rock bottom already. didn't the team set up their own buy wall to keep the price?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:33:20 AM

i don't know much of this coin though but i think this is hype too much. price usually grows specially if the coin has better feature than the rest with same concept like storj. anything below 1000 satoshi is pretty cheap indeed but this one seem to be hitting rock bottom already. didn't the team set up their own buy wall to keep the price?

Nobody doesn't who kept the buy walls because the market is very dull with the rise of BTC. So it is not predictable because still there are 600 BTC buy orders in Polo. But many people have a lot of hope on this project that it's price will increase to 1000sats.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:34:16 AM

We are holding 1912186 sia coins. we will hold atleast 1 year+.

Is there any way to earn using these stored coins?

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 959
Merit: 1037

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 12:53:08 PM

Price is dropping like hell... you need to make an announcement to stop this drop with panic sell  Huh Holding tons of SC and this drop means I already lost 30%...

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
Ridley69

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:59:46 PM

All altcoins are crashing, not only sia
mvidberg

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 01:03:41 PM

David Vorick, founder/ceo of Sia speaking at Token Summit in NYC today!  Buy now before the mooning!
Hakkane

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:19:35 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 02:05:19 PM by Hakkane

Price is dropping like hell... you need to make an announcement to stop this drop with panic sell  Huh Holding tons of SC and this drop means I already lost 30%...
No need to spread panic. Price is oscillating as with any other altcoin these days. Adjustmets and pure trading speculation that has anything to do with the long-term development of the project Need of new announcements you say? Let's recap what happened only this week:

- Sia has been listed in Bittrex and HitBTC

- Sia wallet v 1.2.2 has been released

- Host number has increased about a 25% and total hosting space about a 15%

- Renting demand has grown a 10%

- David Vorik, developer, is presenting today at the Token Summit in NYC

Why should they manipulate the market?. I am sure they don't care about the pricing at this moment. Sia was never premined, so they don't even have a position to protect. They are working on further development and attracting big companies to rent space on Sia. That's the only think that matters fr the long term viability of Sia. You are a trader so you have a different mentality, but those of us implicated in the renting/hosting economy don't care too much about speculation

We are holding 1912186 sia coins. we will hold atleast 1 year+.

Is there any way to earn using these stored coins?
You can use them as collateral to set up a new host, and earn more Sia with your unused disk space  Smiley

For a few hours I can not connect to my wallet. Who knows why?
If you are upgrading from a version previous from v.1.1.2 it might be usual it needs hours to be ready the dirst time, don't worry. But give us more details. Are you using v.1.2.2? Are you making a clean install or an upgrade from an old version? Do you have a previous wallet with funds? Do you have a recovery seed of that wallet?
AlteregoX

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:36:35 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 01:48:20 PM by AlteregoX

Guys sorry if it's a stupid question, but i downloaded latest Sia-UI and i still don't see my coins

Is it normal? I thought 1.2.2 would fix the issue

Pleas give some details so we can help you! When did you send your coins to your address?

- Are them from a very old wallet like version 0.3? Then go to the terminal and type "siac wallet load 033x <path of the wallet>"

- Recently, from Poloniex? There are experiencing huge problems with withdrawals. Open a ticket with them

Bought from Shapeshift in this month, no old wallet nor Polonium

Tried using "wallet init-seed --force" but that didn't work out either, this is the error i get

error when calling /wallet/init/seed: wallet has not been encrypted yet
Hakkane

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:54:48 PM

Guys sorry if it's a stupid question, but i downloaded latest Sia-UI and i still don't see my coins

Is it normal? I thought 1.2.2 would fix the issue

Pleas give some details so we can help you! When did you send your coins to your address?

- Are them from a very old wallet like version 0.3? Then go to the terminal and type "siac wallet load 033x <path of the wallet>"

- Recently, from Poloniex? There are experiencing huge problems with withdrawals. Open a ticket with them

Bought from Shapeshift in this month, no old wallet nor Polonium

Tried using "wallet init-seed --force" but that didn't work out either, this is the error i get

error when calling /wallet/init/seed: wallet has not been encrypted yet

First: Check the transaction went actually into the blockchain. Shapeshift should have provided you a TxID of the withdrawal: check it at http://explore.sia.tech/

Secondly: If not a problem about Shapeshift let's see your wallet. Basic stuff: are you pasting the recovery seed exactly as it is (no extra spaces, no missing characters)? When you downloaded Sia, did you created a new wallet and is this wallet where you send the funds? Or did you created a second wallet this time you downloaded sia. If a different wallet is loaded into Sia, the command to load a new wallet is actually "siac wallet load"
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:29:13 PM

Price is dropping like hell... you need to make an announcement to stop this drop with panic sell  Huh Holding tons of SC and this drop means I already lost 30%...

Well you bought at the top of a shooting star. Don't panic, just some healthy consolidation. Also think long term SC will be provide it's rewards.
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 959
Merit: 1037

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 07:31:04 PM

Well you bought at the top of a shooting star. Don't panic, just some healthy consolidation. Also think long term SC will be provide it's rewards.

Of course i won't sell Cheesy but the drop was massive... now it's returning back.

You know what, that was really weird. There was a token summit today and all altcoin news bitten by bitcoin price jump... and after summit, tons of bitcoins returns to market back. Reeeealy interesting.

CryptoWinner

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:05:34 PM

Can anyone here please advice a place where I can read detailed summary about the SC? 1st post in this thread is a little bit complicated, I'd better read a short summary... Also, any faucets for SIA?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: