Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:46:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OneVillain.com Heads-Up Poker  (Read 9636 times)
OneVillain (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 05:39:24 PM

bencoder, thanks Smiley
you're welcome sir, sent

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:46:58 AM

I got my chips, but, I'm going to do the free tournaments first.  This is a great excuse to practice my heads-up play!
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 02:39:46 AM

Ya, practice it up.  The 10 chip 400-guaranteed tourney is a great way to practice too.

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:32:49 PM

logging on to give this a go, username mem

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 06:48:23 PM

logging on to give this a go, username mem
Gotcha, good luck!

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 07:20:16 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 08:14:06 AM by OneVillain

Raked hands race running this week, 20BTC in prizes up for grabs!

Simple: Most raked hands played on any ring game tables wins.

1st, 6BTC
2nd, 4.5BTC
3rd, 3BTC
4th, 2BTC
5th-7th, 1BTC
8th-10th, 0.5BTC

Contest ends Sunday 11:59pm EST.  Leaders posted on our promotions page.  Good luck!  

And if you haven't done so yet you can still post ITT for 100 chips to kick you off.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:20:06 AM

Hi, I have not forgotten to checkout your site - I will back tonight hopefully Smiley

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 09:13:06 AM

Hi, I have not forgotten to checkout your site - I will back tonight hopefully Smiley
Cool!  No rush, we'd love to have you as part of our small but growing family whenever you have the time.  Tongue

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 12:19:16 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2012, 01:31:33 AM by OneVillain

Updated the leaderboard: https://onevillain.com/promotions.html

Very easy to get on the board right now.  Remember that our rake is so low (1% and rounded down -- so nothing is collected on pots under 100 chips) that a lot of the hands you play won't actually get raked Smiley, but it's still very easy to get on the board and win these prizes.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:13:49 AM

Post in this thread with your OVP screen name and I'll send you 100 chips (0.1BTC). Look for hourly winner-take-all turbo freerolls, as well as a 1BTC-guaranteed tournament every night at 8pm EST with just a 0.02BTC buy-in.

I'm 'dooglus'.  Thanks.  Smiley

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 01:32:51 AM

Post in this thread with your OVP screen name and I'll send you 100 chips (0.1BTC). Look for hourly winner-take-all turbo freerolls, as well as a 1BTC-guaranteed tournament every night at 8pm EST with just a 0.02BTC buy-in.

I'm 'dooglus'.  Thanks.  Smiley
Chips have arrived! gl Smiley

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:38:26 AM

Chips have arrived! gl Smiley

That was quick.  Thank you.

I tried the freeroll.  Only 2 of us registered, and only 1 of us showed up.  I like that he was removed after just 5 minutes or so, so I didn't have to sit there clicking 'raise' over and over to blind him out.

The site could do with more players on it - there don't seem to be any games in progress at the moment at all.  There are 2 ring games with 1 person waiting for a game, but they're both Omaha tables.  Personally I'd prefer if the Omaha tables weren't listed first by default, but I guess that's your choice (or a result of the default alphabetical ordering of table names).

Is there a busier time of day?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 02:30:36 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2012, 03:27:47 AM by OneVillain

Thanks for catching that.  Those tables were accidentally titled "1/2 PLO" rather than "PLO 1/2".  It does list them alphabetically, but the alphabet favors NLHE Smiley, and it's fixed now.  

You can also sort by game type. Or, sort by the 'Play' field to bring tables with a player or two on them to the top, so you can quickly see if anyone's waiting for a game.  

Ya, we do need more players.  Just started a few days ago, trying very hard to get the word out.  We hope the rake race this week helps get things started, and we have some fun stuff planned for after that too.  Keep checking in, it's slowly but surely picking up a little.  Sitting and waiting helps too (perhaps while you play a freeroll), sometimes it might look like nobody wants to play the game you're interested in but then somebody decides it's a good idea when they see you sitting.

coinrider

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:33:50 AM

HUs are my favorite. My SN is : coinrider.
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 05:43:53 AM

HUs are my favorite. My SN is : coinrider.
Credited your account, good luck!

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:08:46 AM

I have a few comments:

* I signed up for a freeroll.  There were 3 of us registered.  I got a bye in the first round, then got to play the winner from the first 2.  When I got to play, I had 1500 chips, but the other guy had 3000 chips.  Doesn't seem very fair to me that he had double my stack.  I was expecting each match to start with both players having 1500 chips, but it seems you keep your stack from one match to the next.

* I signed up for the site yesterday.  When I came back today it was asking for my password again.  I thought I told it "remember password".  Maybe I'm mistaken.

* Yesterday I definitely told it to "auto muck" and use "4 color deck".  Both these settings were forgotten when I logged in today.

I think that's all.  That will be 300 chips please.  Wink

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:14:15 AM

Oh, I forgot one:

* "Last updated: Tuesday 23:17" at the bottom of the promotions page.  Would be nice to see a timezone after the time, or it doesn't mean anything to me (unless it's always my local time, but it's Tuesday 23:12 here, so it's probably not my local time).

I just played some 1/2 NLHE.  After a bunch of hands we hadn't had a single raked hand, so agreed we would both go all-in pre-flop blind on the next hand to get a raked hand.  Is that kind of manipulation allowable?  Am I right to think the pot needs to get to at least 100 chips before it is raked?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 09:34:33 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 10:14:01 AM by OneVillain

Hey dooglus,

* I signed up for a freeroll.  There were 3 of us registered.  I got a bye in the first round, then got to play the winner from the first 2.  When I got to play, I had 1500 chips, but the other guy had 3000 chips.  Doesn't seem very fair to me that he had double my stack.  I was expecting each match to start with both players having 1500 chips, but it seems you keep your stack from one match to the next.
Ya, you keep your stack.  We think it's the best way to do it.  You have half the stack, but you only have to beat 1 opponent to win the whole tournament.  With half of his stack, mathematically you're 1 in 3 to beat him, so you and the other 2 players all have the same odds of winning the tournament. (It just manifests differently where they're 50% to win their first table and then 2/3 to beat you, and you're 1/3 to beat one person.)

If the player drawing the bye was given the same stack for the final table, he'd have a 50% chance of winning whereas the other 2 players each have 25%.

It's ultimately just a matter of preference since everyone has equal opportunity to draw the bye, so if it seems like your way is popular we may tweak the software to run the tournaments that way (or offer both formats). But hopefully that explanation makes sense for the meantime.

* I signed up for the site yesterday.  When I came back today it was asking for my password again.  I thought I told it "remember password".  Maybe I'm mistaken.
It's working fine for us, test it deliberately next time you log in and let us know.

* Yesterday I definitely told it to "auto muck" and use "4 color deck".  Both these settings were forgotten when I logged in today.
Same computer and browser?  Mavens does remember these settings.  Can you login again and see if it's a one time issue or if it's still forgetting? Thanks.

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 09:38:30 AM

Oh, I forgot one:

* "Last updated: Tuesday 23:17" at the bottom of the promotions page.  Would be nice to see a timezone after the time, or it doesn't mean anything to me (unless it's always my local time, but it's Tuesday 23:12 here, so it's probably not my local time).
Good call, we'll specify the time zone, fixed on the latest update.  It's EST by the way.

I just played some 1/2 NLHE.  After a bunch of hands we hadn't had a single raked hand, so agreed we would both go all-in pre-flop blind on the next hand to get a raked hand.  Is that kind of manipulation allowable?  Am I right to think the pot needs to get to at least 100 chips before it is raked?
Ya, you're right, our rake is 1% rounded down.  So nothing is ever raked if the pot is below 100 chips.  

Agreeing to something like that with your opponent is fine. If we find that the raked hands promotion is being abused, we'll just try something different in the future.

I think that's all.  That will be 300 chips please.  Wink
100 chips credited to your account.  Smiley

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 06:54:44 AM

It's ultimately just a matter of preference since everyone has equal opportunity to draw the bye, so if it seems like your way is popular we may tweak the software to run the tournaments that way (or offer both formats). But hopefully that explanation makes sense for the meantime.

That makes sense, sure.  I was just surprised, being used to how Stars does its heads-up tournaments.

* I signed up for the site yesterday.  When I came back today it was asking for my password again.  I thought I told it "remember password".  Maybe I'm mistaken.
It's working fine for us, test it deliberately next time you log in and let us know.

* Yesterday I definitely told it to "auto muck" and use "4 color deck".  Both these settings were forgotten when I logged in today.
Same computer and browser?  Mavens does remember these settings.  Can you login again and see if it's a one time issue or if it's still forgetting? Thanks.

Both these problems seem fixed now.  I'm wondering if perhaps Chrome crashed or my laptop ran out of power before it got to save the settings.  Actually, I think I remember the OS locking up hard shortly after I first played, and having to do a cold reboot.

Thanks for the 100 chip comp.  Smiley

██████████         
      ██████████████████