Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Entire World Just Found Out about Bitcoin!  (Read 13119 times)
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:32:57 PM

Except none of the comments I browsed were commenting on Bitcoin. They are all centered on Obama vs Romney releasing more/less tax returns.

Click the "load more comments" button at the bottom a bunch of times and then search the page for "bitcoin". There are a bunch of mentions in the comments, though unfortunately, most are pretty ignorant and stupid.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:33:20 PM

Wow.  Gavin said there would be a big announcement in September.  I gotta admit, though, I didn't think he had it in him.

ROFL!  Grin

Yeah no kidding lol!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:34:52 PM

Wow.  Gavin said there would be a big announcement in September.  I gotta admit, though, I didn't think he had it in him.

ROFL!  Grin

Yeah no kidding lol!

you need to add one more reason to your sig:  London Bitcoin Conference coming up.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 09:36:27 PM

"The currency is traceable, even if users go by pseudonyms, Garzik said. Every transaction is stored in a "block chain," which he compares to "a public ledger.""

I know Jeff knows better.

Why does Jeff keep saying this when Silk Road has proven that law enforcement cannot trace tumbled coins?  Huh

Because he knows better, got it  Roll Eyes

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:37:53 PM

Not only is this a big mention for Bitcoin, it's also probably the first time Pastebin has made it to the mainstream media Smiley
dissipate

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:42:05 PM

Not only is this a big mention for Bitcoin, it's also probably the first time Pastebin has made it to the mainstream media Smiley

I notice that Pastebin has not taken down the ransom notices. Hmm, I wonder why. Could it be that they are getting a massive number of hits off those notices? Perhaps the ransomer should be receiving profit sharing on the ad revenue. Cheesy
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:42:53 PM

Huray for Pastebin.

Hopefully it will now not be viewed as evil hacker webside.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:42:58 PM

maybe when Obama debates Romney we can get a stage banner with Bitcoin on it? 

oh, better yet; put the Bitcoin Seal on both podiums.  Cheesy
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:44:37 PM

"The currency is traceable, even if users go by pseudonyms, Garzik said. Every transaction is stored in a "block chain," which he compares to "a public ledger.""

Why does Jeff keep saying this when Silk Road has proven that law enforcement cannot trace tumbled coins?  Huh

It would be insanely stupid to publicly say that ransoms paid in BTC could never be traced.  It's also technically untrue.  The BTC can be traced - they don't ever disappear from the blockchain.  It's tying them to real world transactions and identities which can be difficult.  Just as delivery creates a point of vulnerability in the SR system, exchanging large amounts of BTC for cash or stuff also creates a vulnerability in illicit BTC transactions.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
tpantlik

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:45:43 PM

Fail, if they use bitbin.it they will probably get more coins.  Roll Eyes

Gods sent us a powerful tool - cryptography - to fight with those who are trying to exploit us. USE IT!!
dissipate

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:48:19 PM

Why does Jeff keep saying this when Silk Road has proven that law enforcement cannot trace tumbled coins?  Huh

It would be insanely stupid to publicly say that ransoms paid in BTC could never be traced.  It's also technically untrue.  The BTC can be traced - they don't ever disappear from the blockchain.  It's tying them to real world transactions and identities which can be difficult.  Just as delivery creates a point of vulnerability in the SR system, exchanging large amounts of BTC for cash or stuff also creates a vulnerability in illicit BTC transactions.

If someone knows what they are doing, it would be near impossible to tie the coins to a person or physical location. First you tumble the coins through certain pooled accounts on Bitcoin based sites. Then, you sell the coins locally for cash, a small amount at a time. Granted, doing this with $1 million worth of coins is going to be a bit more challenging, but time would be be on the side of the 'hacker'. They could do it over weeks, months, years.
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:52:39 PM

If someone knows what they are doing, it would be near impossible to tie the coins to a person or physical location. First you tumble the coins through certain pooled accounts on Bitcoin based sites. Then, you sell the coins locally for cash, a small amount at a time. Granted, doing this with $1 million worth of coins is going to be a bit more challenging, but time would be be on the side of the 'hacker'. They could do it over weeks, months, years.

Yes but you would need big pooled account hidden as tor services or equivalent. If you do it with known pooled accounts, pretty sure SS will give them a visit quite fast.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 09:57:46 PM

It's coming also on italian news, but they are all cutting the "bitcoin" word. It doesn't appear anywhere Wink

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
dissipate

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:59:22 PM

Yes but you would need big pooled account hidden as tor services or equivalent. If you do it with known pooled accounts, pretty sure SS will give them a visit quite fast.

Silk Road is pretty big and I don't think they will be visiting Silk Road because they can't find where it is physically located. Put the coins in Silk Road, pull them back out little by little. You will blend in with all the other small time drug dealers operating on there.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:05:18 PM

tomorrow we should see the explosion:

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 10:06:13 PM

tomorrow we should see the explosion:

Chart looks 2 days lagged.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
herzmeister
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 10:09:05 PM

No mention of Bitcoin in the German articles either:

http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/us-wahl/secret-service-ermittelt-unbekannter-erpresst-romney-mit-geklauten-steuerdaten_aid_814166.html

They mention pastebin but not Bitcoin.  Roll Eyes

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:20:21 PM

Silk Road is pretty big and I don't think they will be visiting Silk Road because they can't find where it is physically located. Put the coins in Silk Road, pull them back out little by little. You will blend in with all the other small time drug dealers operating on there.

Agreed, that's the biggest pooled account operating as a tor service (that I know of).
Though to be correct, they theoretically could locate it, but they would need to control a big part of the tor network (please someone correct me if I'm wrong)

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
pkdchqbb

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:20:33 PM

No information at all in Poland press. Only ONE article in hax0r blog.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:33:14 PM

i wonder if this whole Romney Effect is one of Voorhees marketing campaigns?  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: