Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:07:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sawdice the New Age of Dice - Let's play a game.  (Read 27017 times)
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:27:50 PM

"Cannot withdraw this amount at the moment please try again later or contact the support team."

pls process withdrawal. i requested 11.5 btc to 1EaNG5BGQBbCBe74Y9WNgUJWNDECkZX11N.

I will leave this here for everyone to be able to check if youve sent it.

Well done yoloer nice job Wink so you turned 0.1btc into 11.5btc for roll dice there so you have your lucky day so let us see how withdraw goes as i think they have enough funds into their wallet to process your withdraw request, OP shows an address labeled sawdice cold storage with 99.99btc, good luck OP and congratz to lucky player. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yoloer808

Activity: 288
Merit: 113

Web dev for hire

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:29:30 PM

"Cannot withdraw this amount at the moment please try again later or contact the support team."

pls process withdrawal. i requested 11.5 btc to 1EaNG5BGQBbCBe74Y9WNgUJWNDECkZX11N.

Well done yoloer nice job Wink so you turned 0.1btc into 11.5btc for roll dice there so you have your lucky day so let us see how withdraw goes as i think they have enough funds into their wallet to process your withdraw request, OP shows an address labeled sawdice cold storage with 99.99btc, good luck OP and congratz to lucky player. Grin

thanks. yeah its insane.

to be honest i just wanted to show support to a new site because i really liked how they've admitted that they messed up, cleaned up their act and then came back.

I was just degen betting, but after those two last bets my balance was just too large, had to stop Cheesy

at least this will be definitive proof of their solvency.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1282

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 12:48:53 PM

First of all, good that you like to improve your site.

Technically the cold wallet address is not yet proven. You should sign a message with it so others can verify it. It would be rather foolish to give a random address, so I do think it is from you, still would be better.

Besides that, with a 0.5% HE you are risking at 40x kelly with that max payout with a 100 BTC bankroll. Basically a highroller can easily win more than 100 coins and it seems that you cannot pay him out then. That would be obviously bad. IMO you should be offering around 0.25-0.5 BTC max payout dynamically based on the bankroll. Basically: [0.5x or 1x] * [house edge] * [bankroll]. I am not an expert in kelly criterion and/or risk of ruin theory, but pretty sure that is the practical side of it.

The provably fair implementation seems a lot better, but is unfortunately not really good yet. Since I would repeat myself from another thread I will just copy this here:
When a player changes the clientseed, you give a new serverseed. This means you could calculate bad results based on these seeds. The idea of a clientseed is that there is a variable in the calculation which the site doesn't know in advance and therefor cannot predict the results in advance. 2 options:

1.  When someone sets the clientseed, you should keep the same hash (and don't reset the nonce or else player can cheat.) And then there should be a separate button to "request new serverseed" that also resets the nonce.

2. OR show the "next serverseed hash" already when setting the new clientseed (that is actually what PD does.)
To give a practical example of how you (as site owner) could cheat: if a player is always betting 2x at high. You could generate a serverseed that has relatively a lot of low numbers based on the clientseed that you already got. Or some players like to bet at 9900x multipliers, you could easily generate a serverseed that doesn't hit that (in first hundred thousand bets.)

I know that might seem silly, but technically it could be possible and it is a reason why the implementation is not yet really good.

Besides that I only had a quick look so not sure if I missed something.

We will apply that as soon as possible. but also in our current system the user is not forced to generate a client seed he can click on change and insert a client seed manually which makes him make 100% sure that we do not select the randomized client seed 
You change the serverseed after they input their own clientseed. This makes the clientseed useless since you already know it when creating the serverseed. If someone is betting 9900x multiplier and inserts "imtheking" as clientseed, you can simply loop quickly a ton of serverseeds to see which one will make them not hit easily with that client+serverseed combination. I am not saying you are doing this, just that it's a possibility and therefor not the ideal provably fair implementation. Please re-read what I said in the previous reply for more details.

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:49:14 PM

thanks. yeah its insane.

to be honest i just wanted to show support to a new site because i really liked how they've admitted that they messed up, cleaned up their act and then came back.

I was just degen betting, but after those two last bets my balance was just too large, had to stop Cheesy

Daym, Nice win.. lets see how it goes from now, I hope they pay you up coz its time for them to prove that they have the money to stay for awhile Smiley
yoloer808

Web dev for hire

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:00:46 PM

First of all, good that you like to improve your site.

Technically the cold wallet address is not yet proven. You should sign a message with it so others can verify it. It would be rather foolish to give a random address, so I do think it is from you, still would be better.

Besides that, with a 0.5% HE you are risking at 40x kelly with that max payout with a 100 BTC bankroll. Basically a highroller can easily win more than 100 coins and it seems that you cannot pay him out then. That would be obviously bad. IMO you should be offering around 0.25-0.5 BTC max payout dynamically based on the bankroll. Basically: [0.5x or 1x] * [house edge] * [bankroll]. I am not an expert in kelly criterion and/or risk of ruin theory, but pretty sure that is the practical side of it.

The provably fair implementation seems a lot better, but is unfortunately not really good yet. Since I would repeat myself from another thread I will just copy this here:
When a player changes the clientseed, you give a new serverseed. This means you could calculate bad results based on these seeds. The idea of a clientseed is that there is a variable in the calculation which the site doesn't know in advance and therefor cannot predict the results in advance. 2 options:

1.  When someone sets the clientseed, you should keep the same hash (and don't reset the nonce or else player can cheat.) And then there should be a separate button to "request new serverseed" that also resets the nonce.

2. OR show the "next serverseed hash" already when setting the new clientseed (that is actually what PD does.)
To give a practical example of how you (as site owner) could cheat: if a player is always betting 2x at high. You could generate a serverseed that has relatively a lot of low numbers based on the clientseed that you already got. Or some players like to bet at 9900x multipliers, you could easily generate a serverseed that doesn't hit that (in first hundred thousand bets.)

I know that might seem silly, but technically it could be possible and it is a reason why the implementation is not yet really good.

Besides that I only had a quick look so not sure if I missed something.

We will apply that as soon as possible. but also in our current system the user is not forced to generate a client seed he can click on change and insert a client seed manually which makes him make 100% sure that we do not select the randomized client seed  
You change the serverseed after they input their own clientseed. This makes the clientseed useless since you already know it when creating the serverseed. If someone is betting 9900x multiplier and inserts "imtheking" as clientseed, you can simply loop quickly a ton of serverseeds to see which one will make them not hit easily with that client+serverseed combination. I am not saying you are doing this, just that it's a possibility and therefor not the ideal provably fair implementation. Please re-read what I said in the previous reply for more details.

this can be solved simply by allowing the player to change the client seed at any time without changing the serverseed (which he does not see, only the hash is visible)...
yoloer808

Web dev for hire

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:01:50 PM

thanks. yeah its insane.

Daym, Nice win.. lets see how it goes from now, I hope they pay you up coz its time for them to prove that they have the money to stay for awhile Smiley

thanks. im a bit worried that i will not get paid, but we will see i guess
yoloer808

Web dev for hire

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:10:22 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 05:38:59 PM by yoloer808

soemthing weird is happening with the withdrawal. tried to withdraw smaller sums to 1MDNgu9sWL5Rq8fErmjPaS6b1HZnKW2vf5. I was able to withdraw 0.6, but then i tried to withdraw 0.5 and the site said i am withdrawing too often - NO WITHDRAWAL WAS SENT, BUT MY BALANCE DECREASED. pls look into this. my balance now should be 12.28 btc, but it says 11.38.

I would also like to reiterate my request to withdraw 11.5 btc to 1EaNG5BGQBbCBe74Y9WNgUJWNDECkZX11N.

Ive also sent this message from the email ive registered my sawdice account, so there can be no question about my identity (yoloer808 on sawdice is yoloer808 on btctalk)
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:40:05 PM

soemthing weird is happening with the withdrawal. tried to withdraw smaller sums to 1MDNgu9sWL5Rq8fErmjPaS6b1HZnKW2vf5. I was able to withdraw 0.6, but then i tried to withdraw 0.5 and the site said i am withdrawing too often - NO WITHDRAWAL WAS SENT, BUT MY BALANCE DECREASED. pls look into this. my balance now should be 12.28 btc, but it says 11.38.

I would also like to reiterate my request to withdraw 11.5 btc to 1EaNG5BGQBbCBe74Y9WNgUJWNDECkZX11N.

everyone is now looking for this withdrawal to be confirmed; with that shaky start, if this withdrawal doesnt go through, and the balance problem solved, this site might as well be done. removed negative feedback as well for showing funds, but the < 100 BTC is nowhere near your initial claim.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:42:22 PM

Congrats dude you made sawdice in great shock and they are still in that condition, that is unexpected win for them but it's weird they went silent after this post and no statement from them how they will deal this withdraw request.
newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:48:35 PM

This is a test case for sawdice's legitimacy and will decide if sawdice is real thing or was trying to collect as many Bitcoin as could before anybody hits the big amount.It is quite possible that OP was not thinking of this win can take place so quickly.May be he is preparing to release the funds to the winner in coming hours.
boopy265420
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:54:37 PM

Stunning win of nice amount , hopefully admin of sawdice will come out with announcement of releasing the payout to the winner.This can be great opportunity for sawdice to cash it as this will make huge and best publicity that sawdice is legit site and will release any amount in future in case of winning by anyone.All eyes are on the OP right now.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:01:14 PM

Stunning win of nice amount , hopefully admin of sawdice will come out with announcement of releasing the payout to the winner.This can be great opportunity for sawdice to cash it as this will make huge and best publicity that sawdice is legit site and will release any amount in future in case of winning by anyone.All eyes are on the OP right now.

hopefully. it wont take a few days to process the withdrawal, im still skeptical as there still is no signed message from that address.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
yoloer808

Web dev for hire

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:37:27 PM

hopefully. it wont take a few days to process the withdrawal, im still skeptical as there still is no signed message from that address.

havent got any reply for op yet and he has since been online, but the site is still up so im hopefull Smiley
AccountTrader

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:59:12 PM

havent got any reply for op yet and he has since been online, but the site is still up so im hopefull Smiley

Hopefully you receive your withdrawal, that was a nice win 0.1btc to 12+btc  Cheesy OP can either pay and continue or prove the site is not holding to their end of the deal and do a runner prematurely. Be a nice redemption if you get paid imo few seconds after me you have your answer. Well done to you both..
sawdice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 07:59:46 PM

Congratulations on the big win, wish you all the best.

Sorry for being late, as you noticed the site is new and we manually handling it, so things are running a little slow for now, but on the right direction, so better late than never.

Your withdraw request will be done in few hours.

★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★ https://www.sawdice.com/★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★
yoloer808

Web dev for hire

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:02:29 PM

Congratulations on the big win, wish you all the best.

Sorry for being late, as you noticed the site is new and we manually handling it, so things are running a little slow for now, but on the right direction, so better late than never.

Your withdraw request will be done in few hours.

thank you, i understand completely.

please see my comment about the balance problems, as i believe i should have 0.9btc more in my account, due to when i was trying to withdraw lower sums and the system told me i was withdrawing too often. the withdrawal was not processed, nor did i make any further bets.

im glad youre taking this like a professional, wish you all the best.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1074

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:34:26 PM

I'm perturbed. You just funded that. Which means that prior to yesterday, you did not have a cold wallet at all. That also leads me to consider you probably haven't secured the cold wallet properly.

You also claimed to have 4-figures of BTC before, then 3-figures. That cold wallet barely comes to 100 BTC.

I will hold my promise though, and remove the negative trust.

DC, but what's wrong with holding money in fiat?  Having a big bankroll is having a big bankroll and if you're worried about how they secured their bitcoin wallet, perhaps they were actually safer when their money was in a traditional bank (FDIC in USA, or whatever equivalent).  Anyway, I agree that they should sign a message from the address.  Just suggesting that these guys seem to be step-by-step, doing the right thing, and this situation, as it stand now, is much better than things looked a few days ago when everyone assumed they were long gone.

Looking forward to hearing back from yoler that he got he withdrawal.
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:40:15 PM

I'm perturbed. You just funded that. Which means that prior to yesterday, you did not have a cold wallet at all. That also leads me to consider you probably haven't secured the cold wallet properly.

You also claimed to have 4-figures of BTC before, then 3-figures. That cold wallet barely comes to 100 BTC.

DC, but what's wrong with holding money in fiat?  Having a big bankroll is having a big bankroll and if you're worried about how they secured their bitcoin wallet, perhaps they were actually safer when their money was in a traditional bank (FDIC in USA, or whatever equivalent).  Anyway, I agree that they should sign a message from the address.  Just suggesting that these guys seem to be step-by-step, doing the right thing, and this situation, as it stand now, is much better than things looked a few days ago when everyone assumed they were long gone.

If this became a standard to hold money in fiat, many sites would start to claim offline funds allowing for higher maximum bets.

BalloonBit did this and then there were many complications because they could not afford to pay out or at least delayed it until they could.  This isn't good practice.  Sites should be able to access funds and pay right away.  Having a transparent cold wallet address provides proof of funds and solvency. 
boopy265420
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:07:09 AM

DC, but what's wrong with holding money in fiat?  Having a big bankroll is having a big bankroll and if you're worried about how they secured their bitcoin wallet, perhaps they were actually safer when their money was in a traditional bank (FDIC in USA, or whatever equivalent).  Anyway, I agree that they should sign a message from the address.  Just suggesting that these guys seem to be step-by-step, doing the right thing, and this situation, as it stand now, is much better than things looked a few days ago when everyone assumed they were long gone.

If this became a standard to hold money in fiat, many sites would start to claim offline funds allowing for higher maximum bets.

BalloonBit did this and then there were many complications because they could not afford to pay out or at least delayed it until they could.  This isn't good practice.  Sites should be able to access funds and pay right away.  Having a transparent cold wallet address provides proof of funds and solvency.  
I second you funds must not be held by the sites owners in case of hitting big prizes.The concept of playing with Bitcoin and other digital coins is to deposit/withdrawals take place in no time.This is coming more and more to see the beholding of funds on name of different excuses.Yoloer did you receive your prize ? Please share the news with us after receive the funds.
sawdice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:47:21 AM

DC, but what's wrong with holding money in fiat?  Having a big bankroll is having a big bankroll and if you're worried about how they secured their bitcoin wallet, perhaps they were actually safer when their money was in a traditional bank (FDIC in USA, or whatever equivalent).  Anyway, I agree that they should sign a message from the address.  Just suggesting that these guys seem to be step-by-step, doing the right thing, and this situation, as it stand now, is much better than things looked a few days ago when everyone assumed they were long gone.

BalloonBit did this and then there were many complications because they could not afford to pay out or at least delayed it until they could.  This isn't good practice.  Sites should be able to access funds and pay right away.  Having a transparent cold wallet address provides proof of funds and solvency.  
I second you funds must not be held by the sites owners in case of hitting big prizes.The concept of playing with Bitcoin and other digital coins is to deposit/withdrawals take place in no time.This is coming more and more to see the beholding of funds on name of different excuses.Yoloer did you receive your prize ? Please share the news with us after receive the funds.

Totally agree with you, the core of playing with Bitcoin is instant deposit/withdrawal and certainly this is not how it's going to work on our site in the future, as I said before we we still fixing some issues on the site as it's still in the first version, but as we move on everything will be smoother than the current situation.

★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★ https://www.sawdice.com/★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: