Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  (Read 42877 times)
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:38:12 PM

Ok, here's a question for you guys.

How do you all feel about extending the 0 POW / 1%POS market accumulation phase, and pushing POS back to like 10-15k?

This allows for a few things.

A: An actual market accumulation phase now that we are on yobit.
B: Time to get your coins right and actually get some weight before round 1 (which yeah will probably have to be slow and long to start unfortunately).
C: The ability to move your coins to market and trade them if you don't want to partake in the POS stage anymore.

Thoughts?

It would have to happen like... now though. The second someone hits a 5,000 block it's too late.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:50:03 PM

you're saying you want to push a hardfork with 1 block notice?? really working hard to earn that premine eh
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:51:14 PM

you're saying you want to push a hardfork with 1 block notice?? really working hard to earn that premine eh

I'm not saying I want to, I'm asking if you guys want me to. It's a valid option you guys might want to consider is all.

I'm content with whatever.

HammyCoin

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:55:16 PM

I'm not saying I want to, I'm asking if you guys want me to. It's a valid option you guys might want to consider is all.

ive just never heard a dev suggest debating, agreeing to, and pushing out a hardfork all within the timeframe of a single block, which could be found at literally any second
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

Ok, here's a question for you guys.

How do you all feel about extending the 0 POW / 1%POS market accumulation phase, and pushing POS back to like 10-15k?

This allows for a few things.

A: An actual market accumulation phase now that we are on yobit.
B: Time to get your coins right and actually get some weight before round 1 (which yeah will probably have to be slow and long to start unfortunately).
C: The ability to move your coins to market and trade them if you don't want to partake in the POS stage anymore.

Thoughts?

It would have to happen like... now though. The second someone hits a 5,000 block it's too late.

I'm ok with it. +1
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:02:10 PM

ive just never heard a dev suggest debating, agreeing to, and pushing out a hardfork all within the timeframe of a single block, which could be found at literally any second

It's much more likely to be like 4 - 8 hours given what we've seen. At least you've got transparency in this coin.

I will start building the update just to have it ready, hopefully we get a few more responses shortly.

HammyCoin

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:07:46 PM

are you going to address the issue wherein

1 coin = minimum to stake
125 coins = total number of coins
110 blocks = number of confirms needed

unless everyone has all their coins split perfectly and staking, all the mature coins will go into stake and the chain will stop, yet again.
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:08:13 PM

It's much more likely to be like 4 - 8 hours given what we've seen. At least you've got transparency in this coin.

I will start building the update just to have it ready, hopefully we get a few more responses shortly.

you extended how many times already and it didn't help so what makes you think it will help next time(please correct me if wrong someone cause i don't know much but i say what i saw so far)  why not just leave it for few days even week or 2  see what happens once stakes start coming in ..

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:23:54 PM

you extended how many times already and it didn't help so what makes you think it will help next time(please correct me if wrong someone cause i don't know much but i say what i saw so far)  why not just leave it for few days even week or 2  see what happens once stakes start coming in ..

Actually it did help both times. The first time we were stuck because nobody had mature coins (my fault, stupid error). The second time we would have had to stake from 3500 to 6000 at like 3 blocks / day. They were not intended to fix the staking issues. Extending again would be for the issues stated above.

unless everyone has all their coins split perfectly and staking, all the mature coins will go into stake and the chain will stop, yet again.

The issues with getting weight seems to come from flaws in the POS system (used in most coins btw..) that apparently doesn't cope well with small amounts. Unfortunately I do not think I have the skill to fix this without breaking it, and have been unable to find a hard coded "minimum".

Allowing more time for people to reach exchange lets them A: get up to 1 coin & B: Sell off if they don't want to get up to 1 coin. Alleviating the issue a little bit.

I have gotten reports of 0.5 coins getting weight but had no luck testing that myself. I let 0.5 sit for like 2 days and got no weight. I had high hopes weight would show up in small amounts by this point in time.

Others had told me they believed it was a proportional issue. Meaning 0.5 would take 16 hours to get 1 weight, 1 would take 8 hours to get 1 weight. and 2 would take 8 hours to get 2 weight. Unfortunately my tests ended up not agreeing with this.

What about it? We added 25 coins on the first extension because we were at like 2.5 PH/s when we stopped and had to bring the difficulty down.

It should be 100: https://github.com/GreedDev/greed/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L54

Will it stop? Or will coins mature again and keep staking slowly? What's the consensus here?

dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:28:42 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 09:53:16 PM by dukeneptun

Actually it did help both times. The first time we were stuck because nobody had mature coins (my fault, stupid error). The second time we would have had to stake from 3500 to 6000 at like 3 blocks / day. They were not intended to fix the staking issues. Extending again would be for the issues stated above.

The issues with getting weight seems to come from flaws in the POS system (used in most coins btw..) that apparently doesn't cope well with small amounts. Unfortunately I do not think I have the skill to fix this without breaking it, and have been unable to find a hard coded "minimum".

Allowing more time for people to reach exchange lets them A: get up to 1 coin & B: Sell off if they don't want to get up to 1 coin. Alleviating the issue a little bit.

I have gotten reports of 0.5 coins getting weight but had no luck testing that myself. I let 0.5 sit for like 2 days and got no weight. I had high hopes weight would show up in small amounts by this point in time.

Others had told me they believed it was a proportional issue. Meaning 0.5 would take 16 hours to get 1 weight, 1 would take 8 hours to get 1 weight. and 2 would take 8 hours to get 2 weight. Unfortunately my tests ended up not agreeing with this.

What about it? We added 25 coins on the first extension because we were at like 2.5 PH/s when we stopped and had to bring the difficulty down.

It should be 100: https://github.com/GreedDev/greed/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L54

Will it stop? Or will coins mature again and keep staking slowly? What's the consensus here?

I think they mature again and keep staking. But it will take a lot of time. Good knows how much.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 09:30:07 PM

DEV,
I tried for days. .5 and .7 coins did not give me a stake ever.
I am sending them to Yobit and back to make them one 1.2 input,
that I assume will stake. But the problem  is they will never get there
and back to me. You do need to keep moving the chain with your
solo mining so people can move coins, condense them, buy, sell, etc.
So people will be able to stake and move the chain.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money