Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  (Read 42877 times)
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 11:27:15 AM

yep big advantage for the "dev"

120 blocks to mature +

unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 8 * 60 * 60; // 8 hours

his 10 coins premine are mature and ready to stake...he will get every pos stake

Yeah, but not DPoS, just 1%/A, which is not such a big deal.

twitter.com/notsofast

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:25:01 PM

Less than 500 blocks to go!

Side note. Those of you that are worried about a premine dump, you shouldn't be. If someone dump kills the market it wont be me, it will be one of the larger holders that got all the greed because you were too nervous to mine.  Grin If you don't accumulate it, someone else surely will take advantage of that fact and do so themselves.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:37:51 PM

Side note. Those of you that are worried about a premine dump, you shouldn't be. If someone dump kills the market it wont be me, it will be one of the larger holders that got all the greed because you were too nervous to mine.  Grin If you don't accumulate it, someone else surely will take advantage of that fact and do so themselves.

are you going to stake the premine as soon as it is ripe?
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:41:18 PM

ya ... dev can stake premine , and he got big Reward from DPOS . and then ? Dump dump cheese  Cool Cool
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:43:11 PM

ya ... dev can stake premine , and he got big Reward from DPOS . and then ? Dump dump cheese  Cool Cool

He can, but will he choose to.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:53:42 PM

What are you guys talking about the first 1% / year period? Well POW should be rejected at 2091, so I'll spread out like 1 coin in a few wallets or something just so there's network weight while everyone waits for round 1. You guys are right in that there should have been another 0% buffer phase for the wait after POW. It was just an oversight designed to be a non 0 buffer period that hopefully allows people to buy on market before dpos starts. I almost made it 100% per day to keep things scarce during that period so.. let's be happy I didn't make that mistake.

I can put any amount in till the weight picks up. I just want to make sure the chain keeps moving.

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:01:28 PM

What are you guys talking about the first 1% / year period? Well POW should be rejected at 2091, so I'll spread out like 1 coin in a few wallets or something just so there's network weight while everyone waits for round 1. You guys are right in that there should have been another 0% buffer phase for the wait after POW. It was just an oversight designed to be a non 0 buffer period that hopefully allows people to buy on market before dpos starts. I almost made it 100% per day to keep things scarce during that period so.. let's be happy I didn't make that mistake.

I can put any amount in till the weight picks up. I just want to make sure the chain keeps moving.

You can mine the chain to move the blocks and set the coins not to stake.

That is the most fairest way.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:04:59 PM

POW should be rejected at block 2091. Will have to stake something I think.

I'll just do it with something small so it's minimal. That or I could give away whatever I get early from staking the 10, but I don't expect it to amount to much of anything even if i stake it all.

You guys don't have to worry my goal is not to screw you all over and kill the market like an idiot.. I just wanted something fun and different to trade. The alt market was getting boring! I know my statement is fairly irrelevant though as you all have to speculate over it.

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:10:25 PM

I'll just do it with something small so it's minimal. That or I could give away whatever I get early from staking the 10, but I don't expect it to amount to much of anything even if i stake it all.

You guys don't have to worry my goal is not to screw you all over and kill the market asap.. I just wanted something fun and different to trade. Things were getting boring!

But mining after PoW finishes just moves the PoS blocks along as 0.00 reward blocks for the miner.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:11:45 PM

You guys don't have to worry my goal is not to screw you all over and kill the market asap.. I just wanted something fun and different to trade. Things were getting boring!

But mining after PoW finishes just moves the PoS blocks along as 0.00 reward blocks for the miner.

Then I will keep my r9270x going, if that works I wont stake the 1%. If it doesn't work I will unlock like .25 - 1 coin to keep the blocks moving.

notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 02:32:47 PM

I know there was an issue with SeedCoin where addresses with less than 1 whole coin didn't stake anything, or staked at a rate behind everyone else's. This was a compounding percentage-based reward so nobody could ever catch up and the first to hit a stake block eventually owned over half the supply while nearly every smaller holder got nothing but 100% value erosion.

This is less likely with DPoS but will small balances still participate properly in staking?

twitter.com/notsofast
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:45:50 PM

I know there was an issue with SeedCoin where addresses with less than 1 whole coin didn't stake anything, or staked at a rate behind everyone else's. This was a compounding percentage-based reward so nobody could ever catch up and the first to hit a stake block eventually owned over half the supply while nearly every smaller holder got nothing but 100% value erosion.

This is less likely with DPoS but will small balances still participate properly in staking?

I'm not sure what happened with seed, but I would be surprised if it happened to us. Hopefully it doesn't. Without tax fees you can send one satoshi though. I'm not sure if those addresses will see anything from 1% pos, but they certainly should if they hit one of those blocks with 5,000+ coins in them.

murderouskirk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:39:11 PM

Greed might be able to get on an exchange pretty quickly with a few tweets & RT's.

SIX3P0

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:49:42 PM

Look, everyone wants to mine this. Its cool new approach to alts, but no one is going to because of 10% premine. So what you are going to get is much fewer ppl mining, getting fatter wallets for cheaper. And less interest in exchanges. Diminishing your 10% greatly

Where as if you burn 8-9 coins. You get get 5-10x more ppl mining and trading. With out the ppl and really high hash/price per coin you wont get through all rounds before price is one sat. I havent done the math but initial price per coin has to be really high for this to succeed, otherwise it will be 2-3 rounds and no one will want it.

With a 2% premine you will make =>10% premine, But there is also a ticker on this. If you burn coins to close to pow phase ppl wont know until its to late.

My suggestion to you is burn 8-9 coins and get the word out in troll boxes before its to late, or watch next dev create clone and do it right

PS:   And another thing needs addressing, whats min stake age? it should be ~4h or confirms should be raised to 201 for mining to avoid pos bloks being staked with 80 blocks togo
ob1100

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:27:52 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 05:04:19 PM by ob1100

New Pool Created Greed (GREED) @  http://raq2.com payments are sent out every 10 to 20 minutes after confirmation.

Point your miner to stratum+tcp://raq2.com:8040  and use your GREED coin wallet address as your username, any password will do.

1% fees

Op please add to pool list.
Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:34:12 PM

Block 2000 Start:

Is it really 8 hours left before block 2000 is reached?
Forex82

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:10:54 PM

I'm interested  Grin
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:15:31 PM

So, basically the dev begins building coinage for 2000 blocks before HiPoS kicks in and then gets an enormous amount of coins because no one else has mature coins to stake...

LOL.  Greed at its finest.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:18:59 PM

I have decided to preemptively give away any early staking rewards I get, plus extra, up to 1 Greed. If you would like to earn 0.01 Greed see the following. https://twitter.com/GreedDev/status/601424388769058818

I will not be paying out to brand new shill accounts, only those with real activity.

Block 2000 Start:

Is it really 8 hours left before block 2000 is reached?

The times were estimated and are a bit off, I will have to update them. We are on block 1729 right now.

SIX3P0

Activity: 247

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:45:35 PM

I have decided to preemptively give away any early staking rewards I get, plus extra, up to 1 Greed. If you would like to earn 0.01 Greed see the following. https://twitter.com/GreedDev/status/601424388769058818

I will not be paying out to brand new shill accounts, only those with real activity.

1 retweet in 1/2 hour, see now how your greed killed good coin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: