Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:31:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  (Read 42877 times)
Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:17:27 PM

After round 8 it could be fun to reset the game with a chain swap. At the end of round 8 a new chain is created, everyone gets their coins reduced by a bunch, and the whole process starts again on the new chain. We could keep the game going endlessly! It would also give people incentive not to just dump on the exchange after round 8 is done. We could also have another POW period to allow new miners to get in again.

Actually this is one of my top potential ideas for what to do after the distribution ends.

Could coin swap down to like 10k - 100k supply, come up with new rounds learning from the last, and start all over again.

I have some other ideas too but, any other ideas welcome.
Hi Dev, any news about these ideas?
Will the Dev ever show up again? Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johncassa

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:12:13 PM

After round 8 it could be fun to reset the game with a chain swap. At the end of round 8 a new chain is created, everyone gets their coins reduced by a bunch, and the whole process starts again on the new chain. We could keep the game going endlessly! It would also give people incentive not to just dump on the exchange after round 8 is done. We could also have another POW period to allow new miners to get in again.

Actually this is one of my top potential ideas for what to do after the distribution ends.

Could coin swap down to like 10k - 100k supply, come up with new rounds learning from the last, and start all over again.

Someone is trying to send down the price to buy cheap ... I think is the Dev. Sell orders on YoBit 39sats = 11528110 Greed
...I think only the Dev could have nearly 12 million of Greed.
murderouskirk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:45:09 AM

Someone is trying to send down the price to buy cheap ... I think is the Dev. Sell orders on YoBit 39sats = 11528110 Greed
...I think only the Dev could have nearly 12 million of Greed.

I saw that. It was stacked orders though. Could just be people selling.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:56:46 PM

Hey DEV wassup? don't tell us you went through all that trouble to make the coin work just to bail at the end? wtf Cheesy
HammyCoin

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:29:26 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 08:41:10 PM by HammyCoin

Almost all of the major dumps were me, I exploited the chain exactly like I said could be done earlier:

I was thinking I'd try to play this coin's dumb staking to my advantage but I'm just gonna lay it out for everyone. This can only play out one of two ways:

1) The chain freezes because the 4 hr maturity is based on blocks, not clock time, as was speculated earlier in the thread
2) If the chain does work, the first 2-3 people to have matured stake blocks will get almost all of the remaining POS blocks to themselves, as they will instantly control 97% of the matured coins. This advantage will never be lost as staking progresses, those 2-3 people will forever have 75%+ of the $GREED supply, unless people are actually dumb enough to buy the coins off them in exchange.

For this distribution to work the initial number of coins would have to be like 1000-2000, otherwise there is no way to get to the other side of the staking round without one person having their stakes mature and gaining almost complete control of the staking thereafter.

edit: I like this coin, I like the idea of the distribution method, but as delivered technically it's just a dice roll for controlling interest of the chain by getting the first matured stakes.

I got the third and fifth stake blocks, missed my chance to split up the first one I got before it staked again but I split the other block into 40 pieces, almost all of which produced a stake, and a few of the children stacks even staked again, giving me 32% of the supply after phase 1, starting from 5.5 coins. Apparently the people who got the first two stake blocks didn't heed my advice as they could also have had 1/3 or more of the chain to themselves had they split the coins.

So here's the thing: this coin isn't DPOS as advertised, its HiPOS. What does that mean? It means that the coins build weight. With DPOS the weight of all mature coins = 1. With HiPOS older coins have an advantage. Since the dev had the oldest coins of all, he could have monopolized the supply to an insane extent if he actually split his stack appropriately. I'm talking like 90+% control of the chain after round 1. That said he doesn't seem the brightest bulb and clearly wasn't maximizing his advantage, I could see this on the several rounds following the first, as I was usually the one to kick the chain first and catch those 20-30 instablocks.

Because the distribution is so weighted to large holders of the oldest coins, as I outlined in my earlier warning, I had a huge advantage going into each stake round. Between rounds I would sell my newer minted coins down to 15% of the chain, then stake right back up to 25%. This is because the oldest coins have the most weight, and since I was the first to kick the round of blocks at the start of each round, I always had the oldest coins going into the next round.

Towards the end of POW I started to see evidence of a holder larger than me on the chain, but I also sold my stack down significantly by the last stake round, to below 10% of the total supply.

I think its likely the dev wanted to dump all his coins but maybe was too greedy with the price and let me take most of the sells for some reason, or maybe he really botched the staking, I don't know. Like I said earlier, he could have gotten nearly all the coins so the whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense.

Good game folks.

edit: i still have about 3.9 million in the unlikely event anyone is still trying to figure out where the coins are
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:05:23 PM

Almost all of the major dumps were me, I exploited the chain exactly like I said could be done earlier:

You came out on top using knowledge instead of greed  Cheesy . I practically lost all hope on round one for unlocking the wallet too late.... saw the blocks fly by and my coins didn't catch any until block 70 or so on the first round... had 12.5 coins to start with  Undecided thanks for the very nice detailed write up,,, it was fun.
limar

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:50:31 AM

well it seems i was greedy enough to sell all of them during POW phase Smiley but as long as i got my ROI im fine but honestly after seeing few posts back reward of ones greed i am envying now

Go to Hell
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:12:16 PM

You came out on top using knowledge instead of greed  Cheesy . I practically lost all hope on round one for unlocking the wallet too late.... saw the blocks fly by and my coins didn't catch any until block 70 or so on the first round... had 12.5 coins to start with  Undecided thanks for the very nice detailed write up,,, it was fun.

I had 1.8 and i sold before pos. Profit was tiny. But at least some.
device

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:21:44 AM

Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] coming out  Kiss

kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:40:47 AM

You are from the Dev team or ? Smiley
device

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:35:02 AM

You are from the Dev team or ? Smiley
Im a news making device  Smiley

Games name is:   To greed or not to greed  Cheesy

murderouskirk

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:08:30 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 01:26:22 AM by murderouskirk

If any other large holders want to chat about greed please PM me. I'll be setting up a private group in my Crypto Community Slack. Wink

We have made a few of these private groups in my slack and they always seem to be pretty handy for the members. I figure why not do the same for greed.
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:29:27 PM

Hey all,

Sorry for the silence. I wanted to make sure I had something planned and ready to go before I went and got expectations up.

I do plan on continuing to move Greed forward and am pretty content with what's to come. I think you guys will be happy as well.

I will be providing a few more details on what to expect later tonight once everyone has had a chance to get off work.

Till then, enjoy the cheap Greed!

Also,

If anyone would like to help us get a chainz block explorer / rich list (example here) you can donate btc to:

17syvvVQcK7SifKT2arR3P7PSKur9PNVjx

If we get $125 USD worth I will get us listed on chainz promptly.

I'll send 10 bucks in a few hours, let me find something to dump  Cheesy

**EDIT**
Done
https://blockchain.info/tx/6e53bb60e6341acde915d81313a91659c61cc37c0b2d1c4c2e005ff54ed8d075

You were the only person to help raise BTC to cover the Chainz BE fee. I would like to return it as our goal was not met and I do not feel it's appropriate for me to keep it given that fact. Can I just send it back to the same addy it came from? If I don't hear from you I'll shoot a PM your way.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:49:58 PM

Hey all,

Sorry for the silence. I wanted to make sure I had something planned and ready to go before I went and got expectations up.

I do plan on continuing to move Greed forward and am pretty content with what's to come. I think you guys will be happy as well.

I will be providing a few more details on what to expect later tonight once everyone has had a chance to get off work.

Also,

If anyone would like to help us get a chainz block explorer / rich list (example here) you can donate btc to:

**EDIT**
Done
https://blockchain.info/tx/6e53bb60e6341acde915d81313a91659c61cc37c0b2d1c4c2e005ff54ed8d075

You were the only person to help raise BTC to cover the Chainz BE fee. I would like to return it as our goal was not met and I do not feel it's appropriate for me to keep it given that fact. Can I just send it back to the same addy it came from? If I don't hear from you I'll shoot a PM your way.

thank for come back dev .
I love accumulating .
I know you can come and not run out from this project
This time to buy more :3
yeah cheap ,
murderouskirk

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:41:35 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 04:01:27 PM by murderouskirk

Hey all,

Awesome! Thanks for the update dev. Cheesy

murderouskirk

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:32:18 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 06:42:25 PM by murderouskirk

The only direction the we can go from here is up  Grin I doubt anybody will sell at this price now that the dev is back.

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:15:29 PM

Also,

**EDIT**
Done

you can send it here: 16maAi2aA4HAvGiWTaQCEVrdQXXxWViJQa

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:04:45 PM

Also,

**EDIT**
Done

you can send it here: 16maAi2aA4HAvGiWTaQCEVrdQXXxWViJQa

Done! You should see it after confirms.

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:10:05 AM

Alright, so here's what you guys can expect in the upcoming week after the holidays.

I will be completely re-doing the ANN thread using actual graphics over plain text. This should give us some more appeal and do a much better job grabbing the attention of new and curious investors.

Once this is live, I will then release the first part of our new roadmap. The roadmap will be expanded upon in multiple pieces as the coin progresses, revealing the primary plans and details for Greed in multiple announcements as things gain momentum.

While I'm sure everyone is itching for more, holidays are notorious for being coupled with little action and low overall exchange volume. Progressing in this manner allows for everyone to enjoy the fireworks without stressing over their Greed portfolios. Rather than attempt to push the coin forward while everyone is out drinking beer and eating burgers, I will be attempting to increase awareness of its existence and upcoming progression. I highly encourage anyone currently invested to do the same.

As a teaser, I will let all of you know that the goal of what's to come is centered around creating a market with multiple speculative choices and strategies without the further inflation of Greed. If anyone has managed to get themselves in a position of loss, you'll be happy to hear I've accounted for those in the red as well.

Looking forward to progress!

Till then, enjoy the holiday weekend.  Wink

johncassa

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:28:48 PM

This currency is dead ... the DEV has remained too long absent. Now it's too late to start again.
The DEV was too greedy to try to bring down this coins and buy at low price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: