Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [RELC] RelCoin - In-app token for RELNUZ - development underway!  (Read 17490 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SDHarley

Activity: 778
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 11:36:15 AM

Sounds good. Anticipation builds...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Social Cryptos Ltd - Where cryptos can benefit us all.
vi1son

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:56:37 AM

Hm, sounds good. Keep eyes on you.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:03:34 PM

What type the PoW algo will be? ASIC, GPU friendly, CPU-only or something new?

Thanks and good luck!

PoW algorithm will be scrypt.

Bummers.

Not your keys, not your coins!
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:42:50 PM

when we should expect launch april-may ?
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 08:55:41 PM

What type the PoW algo will be? ASIC, GPU friendly, CPU-only or something new?

Thanks and good luck!

PoW algorithm will be scrypt.

Bummers.

Sorry. We want long-term PoW support with a stable, known ASIC environment that isn't SHA256.

when we should expect launch april-may ?

Definitely within the next two weeks, but I'm waiting on a bugtesting confirmation before I know exactly when.

twitter.com/notsofast
Paultango

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:58:13 PM

I thought the launching of this coin was first week of april but its okay as long as your serious about this.
Goodluck im following.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:33:51 AM

bad algo choice cuts most miners out and narrows distribution Sad

not a very high % have scrypt asics where as everyone has a gpu.

sure you can mine against asics but you will be destroyed.

prospecta

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:21:27 AM

Stop bitching, scrypt is awesome and old school and fucking cool.

I've never owned a scrypt ASIC in my life but I've sure raped some scrypt coins so don't be down guys.  Grin

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 10:53:05 AM

I thought the launching of this coin was first week of april but its okay as long as your serious about this.
Goodluck im following.

As I've repeated, there is no set launch date until we begin the 24-hour countdown clock. We're operating on making this work properly, first and foremost. So the estimates on when we'll launch get revised when there's something else to fix or test. I'd prefer honouring tight deadlines too! But I'm realizing that in the world of software development, things work a little differently.

bad algo choice cuts most miners out and narrows distribution Sad

not a very high % have scrypt asics where as everyone has a gpu.

sure you can mine against asics but you will be destroyed.

It is actually the best algo choice for what we are looking to accomplish, but your feedback is noted. The PoW algo will not be changing-- you can always rent scrypt if you don't want to turn on some GPUs. Distribution is also achieved via exchange, not just mining, and I believe the work we're doing will be sufficient to generate a wide distribution via speculative trading action. To say nothing of the distribution plans we have for future phases of feature rollout.

Stop bitching, scrypt is awesome and old school and fucking cool.

I've never owned a scrypt ASIC in my life but I've sure raped some scrypt coins so don't be down guys.  Grin

We picked scrypt precisely because it has a known ASIC support base, but not so much that nethash could get subjected to extreme spikes as with SHA256. We want to encourage a relatively high hashrate during PoW, with multipool support so we sacrifice some hashrate stability for a dynamic mining environment. GPU algos are very cross-competitive and I don't want all the miner support leaving for the new hot coinz during our long "post-hype cooldown" phase.

twitter.com/notsofast
SDHarley

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 11:31:57 AM

This sounds reasonable to me. Personally, having just lost a load of Doge since Cryptsy when tits-up, I just want to mine a coin from the outset and then sit on it and/or use it as the community intends or dictates. RELC seems to match that, so my timing is pretty good (for once) Smiley

red5standingby

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:58:39 PM

Time to start loading up the nicehash account
AltcoinSteps

Activity: 322

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 09:57:29 PM

Time to start loading up the nicehash account

Mine is ready  Grin

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!
prospecta

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:22:08 AM

The difficulty is going to go stratospheric so quickly after launch on this coin, space your rentals out guys.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 01:23:32 AM

Apologies but we're going to delay the RELC launch somewhat, again. This was a premeditated decision.

We had planned to launch RELC in the first half of April but have decided to push it back at least another two weeks: the Relnuz beta app should be hitting Google Play and the Apple App Store in the next two weeks, and I didn't feel I could properly support both software launches at the same time.

Once the Relnuz app is confirmed working properly in both stores, with no emergency fixes, we'll begin some promo and focus group testing with that, which frees me up (because I'm not the one doing it!) to finalize the RELC launch and be at attention to make sure it goes smoothly.

If you've been waiting, thank you for your patience, and feel free to play around with the beta Relnuz app while you wait for the launch of the Relcoin cryptocurrency which it backs.

twitter.com/notsofast
PvPpro

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:31:57 AM

What? No ICO? How dare you..

The RelNuz team discussed an ICO just for the sake of considering all our options.

Besides all the obvious extra FUD and time spent dealing with pissed-off investors, we realized we'd do better bootstrapping the project on our own.

We'll definitely get into a cash crunch later, especially if app usage during the beta takes off and our server funding isn't enough. But we figured we'd cross that bridge when we come to it.

So yeah, no ICO. I don't want your BTC or your money. I hope you're OK with that. Smiley

good luck dude, i will be watching
SDHarley

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 07:33:06 AM

Apologies but we're going to delay the RELC launch somewhat, again. This was a premeditated decision.

We had planned to launch RELC in the first half of April but have decided to push it back at least another two weeks: the Relnuz beta app should be hitting Google Play and the Apple App Store in the next two weeks, and I didn't feel I could properly support both software launches at the same time.

Once the Relnuz app is confirmed working properly in both stores, with no emergency fixes, we'll begin some promo and focus group testing with that, which frees me up (because I'm not the one doing it!) to finalize the RELC launch and be at attention to make sure it goes smoothly.

If you've been waiting, thank you for your patience, and feel free to play around with the beta Relnuz app while you wait for the launch of the Relcoin cryptocurrency which it backs.

Not too disappointed to read this since my miner has shit itself in the past couple of days and I've gotta figure out what the issue is before I can start mining again Smiley So the delay is welcome (for me anyway).

ImnotOctopus

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:11:16 AM

Im patiently waiting notsofast, just take your time making your coin more successive.
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 10:31:16 AM

Not too disappointed to read this since my miner has shit itself in the past couple of days and I've gotta figure out what the issue is before I can start mining again Smiley So the delay is welcome (for me anyway).

Im patiently waiting notsofast, just take your time making your coin more successive.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your patience and I'm working hard to make it worth the wait.

twitter.com/notsofast
bkeenan

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:55:33 PM

Got a whole little farm waiting Wink
bitoc2015

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:25:56 PM