Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:20:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Dash the unlicensed pyramid game run its course?  (Read 8010 times)
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:41:39 PM

Not one person from Monero will ever dare to address my points like above ^ I have been posting recently so I will just bump for visibility.

Monero - Don't mention the fake clone-coin with zero-innovation or development™

To stay on topic - You might want to pick a sh*tcoin in the top 20 / 30 coins to accuse of dying instead of one of the top alts with biggest community / volume / gains lol.

what points to address? your 'points' are pretty superficial when compared to what GenerelazeThis is discussing... Your points have almost nothing to do with the technology itself. You just give your (subjective) opinion that there isn't enough progress... To my (also subjective) liking there is progress, just not the visible and marketable kind... I'm glad the developers are working on good technology instead of relying on fast solutions that aren't that good (GeneralizeThis is proving that there are 'problems' with the anonimity, privacy, centralisation with DasH). And then he didn't even have to talk about the instamine...

your arguments are: monero is a clone, there is no progress...
my points: there are lots of clones so who cares, there is progress, just not the very visible kind...

this is not a discussion based on objective arguments though... I have the impression that every legitimate discussion about dash's (flawed) technology ends with: "you're just a monero-fanboy, stop whining, do something for yourself, you haven't got a gui wallet, you're not making progress... " Resorting to these kind of arguments when there's no defending the technology anymore is intellectually kinda weak...

best regards

lol thanks...

Monero -  There are lots of clones so who cares™

this is too easy Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:44:34 PM

"Dash is a SCAM$

you're making it quite easy indeed  Wink
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:46:30 PM

"Dash is a SCAM$

you're making it quite easy indeed  Wink

Monero - Dash is a SCAM$^$%#^&!!!!!™

Never heard that from a Monero troll before  Huh

All those people who mined the last 12 months now in 20x profit, they didn't know they have been scammed lol Wink

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:51:05 PM

"Dash is a SCAM$

you're making it quite easy indeed  Wink

Monero - Dash is a SCAM$^$%#^&!!!!!™

Never heard that from a Monero troll before  Huh

All those people who mined the last 12 months now in 20x profit, they didn't know they have been scammed lol Wink

didn't know you were a monero-troll? Congratz on your profits though, i sincerely hope you cash in before Dash dies  Wink

Anyway, this chitchat is leading to nothing, I'll gladly let GeneralizeThis wipe the floor with the 'dash-arguments' again...

bye

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:33:14 PM

question should not be why no-one seems to care, question should be why this OP cares. Why should anyone care at all about a certain cyptocurrency
unless they personally invested time and money into it ? Such a weird thread this turned into right from the start.

i'm just enjoying my steady Masternode income, the steady price of Dash (very stable at the 0.011 / 0.012 range for some time now),
our nice polite little forum we have on bitcointalk (which also happened to be the most viewed one in the altcoin section) and the steady
improvements that the Dash dev team is making on Github.

I'm also enjoying these kind of threads in the altcoin section that just smell of desperate attempts to fud the Dash reputation and yes
its obviously getting rather desperate and thoughtless but hey dont let that stop you guys from creating some new ones in here,
i can always use a good laugh.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:03:47 PM

I really don't get why Monero trolls hate Dash/byte/basically other coins that they "feel" is danger to their so called "we believe we are the new wealthy humans on EARTH"...relax ppl remember you will be become rich without trolling other coins here let me give you a list of how to do so...
1. Stop acting like Monero is something when it's just a copy of Byte.
2. Ask Fluffypony or Smooth to do some actual work instead of flaming Dash or any other coin they feel burned with.
3. Stop attacking someone who actually did something to crypto and actually added new idea's and did some innovative ways. Don't like? THEN DO SOMETHING ELSE
4. When I say doing something about it I actually mean create something new to crypto that can wow me as an investor or as crypto geek!
5. Get you're own GUI WALLET.
6. Stop creating new accounts and raid forums you know that ppl are smart enough to realize this...cmon DASH/TASH? or - really...I thought you guys are smarter than that.
7. How about instead of creating new threads about other coins and how BAD are they why don't you go back to you're moderated forum and fix some of Monero's issues? better how about being active as community because AFAIK Fluffypony and Smooth or any current Monero developer didn't add anything or have a road map.
8. There are over 2.5m DASH coins alrdy locked on Masternodes price of Dash is more stable than Monero cat bounces, so trust me watching charts and posting Dogecoin passed DASH just now and it will be dead soon every time it passes Dash by 1$ is stupid and everyone here knows it except Monero trolls...like imagine someone post FAIRCOIN just passed Monero it will die soon stupid right? but we all know it won't be dead bcuz Faircoin passes it or not it will go down bcuz current developers are lazy and have no clue about crypto except cry"p"to other coins on forums.

I dont think anyone hate Dash, we just laugh at its incompetence.
Price of Dash will always be as the pre-mining barons will decide. They can keep it stable, they can pump it or they can dump it.
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:42:33 PM

I really don't get why Monero trolls hate Dash/byte/basically other coins that they "feel" is danger to their so called "we believe we are the new wealthy humans on EARTH"...relax ppl remember you will be become rich without trolling other coins here let me give you a list of how to do so...
2. Ask Fluffypony or Smooth to do some actual work instead of flaming Dash or any other coin they feel burned with.
3. Stop attacking someone who actually did something to crypto and actually added new idea's and did some innovative ways. Don't like? THEN DO SOMETHING ELSE
4. When I say doing something about it I actually mean create something new to crypto that can wow me as an investor or as crypto geek!
6. Stop creating new accounts and raid forums you know that ppl are smart enough to realize this...cmon DASH/TASH? or - really...I thought you guys are smarter than that.
7. How about instead of creating new threads about other coins and how BAD are they why don't you go back to you're moderated forum and fix some of Monero's issues? better how about being active as community because AFAIK Fluffypony and Smooth or any current Monero developer didn't add anything or have a road map.
8. There are over 2.5m DASH coins alrdy locked on Masternodes price of Dash is more stable than Monero cat bounces, so trust me watching charts and posting Dogecoin passed DASH just now and it will be dead soon every time it passes Dash by 1$ is stupid and everyone here knows it except Monero trolls...like imagine someone post FAIRCOIN just passed Monero it will die soon stupid right? but we all know it won't be dead bcuz Faircoin passes it or not it will go down bcuz current developers are lazy and have no clue about crypto except cry"p"to other coins on forums.

I really don't get why scammer trolls hate Monero when they "feel" it's a danger to their so called "we believe we are the new wealthy humans on EARTH" ... I mean you all should just relax, take your % and realize you will become rich without trolling Monero. Here let me give you a list of how to do so:

1. Stop pretending that the codebase that Monero was built on hasn't been >80% refactored
2. Ask Duff or whatever other poopcoin dev to stop focusing on all these gimmicks they have time for because they just took whatever work was done on BTC and rolled with it. I mean, Dash and the others are just copies of that anyways. Sure must be nice to spend all that time on gimmicks when real devs have already done the important things in the core.
3. Stop defending people who have done nothing for crypto and haven't added new ideas and have instead just taken ideas from other people and put them in a live network instead of putting them into a testnet like they should have. Oops, guess there's no profit there to take peoples money for ideas that other people were too sophisticated to rip people off. Maybe then you wouldn't have 50% of the coins pouring out in an hour.
4. When we say people should do something about it, what we mean is that they should come up with brilliant ideas and implement them like openalias. Better yet, try taking over a coin you feel is a scam, or has serious need of help, rather than plaster the forum with your weak ass attempt at starting with a fresh genesis block. Like Vertoe and current Monero developers did.
5. Your shitty dev didn't code the fucken bitcoin wallet. Stop pretending that it's okay to convict one person as a cloner then praise your dev for doing the same. Double standards much? How can anyone take you seriously?
6. Stop pretending that theres a man behind the curtain of one particular coin creating accounts to piss you off. People have done this since before the internet was even an idea. Realize that you're being faced with someone who doesn't have your best interests at heart, because for all you know it's your own marketing team.
7. How about instead of responding the the threads, the concerns are instead responded to and engaged directly instead of bringing up everything else under the sun. Maybe then you could realize that a lot of the half-assed Monero architecture and passing off as complete only you don't because it doesn't have ponzi-nodes you're already running on your busted ass desktop might get made into something useful because you'll take these things you learn to your shitty dev. Or, you know, maybe actually take a look at the road map that actually exists. It's filled with all sorts of vaporware you can't even comment on because you don't even understand what you're arguing about in the first place.
8. Stop pretending that stability is possible for something with a 5x higher emission, and instead try to realize what the graph would look like if the Monero block reward was actually 2.5 xmr right now. Because that's what it would be if both dash and xmr had the same emission. Or, rather, imagine what the dash chart would look like if the block reward was 25 dash/block instead of 5. The price is cheap now, for you. Because Monero cares. For you. But not forever.

Everything just seems like a desperate attempt to fud on Monero.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:48:46 PM

I dont think anyone hate Dash, we just laugh at its incompetence.
Price of Dash will always be as the pre-mining barons will decide. They can keep it stable, they can pump it or they can dump it.

What incompetence you talking about? Instant transactions? X11? do you want a list? show me what Monero developers in their current agenda?! i'll put my money on Monero if they HAVE SOMETHING...but yes incompetence does not bring smart money.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
G2M

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:57:14 PM

And here I thought it wasn't gonna be a Monero Marketing thread.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:10:10 PM

I really don't get why scammer trolls hate Monero when they "feel" it's a danger to their so called "we believe we are the new wealthy humans on EARTH" ... I mean you all should just relax, take your % and realize you will become rich without trolling Monero. Here let me give you a list of how to do so:

1. Stop pretending that the codebase that Monero was built on hasn't been >80% refactored
2. Ask Duff or whatever other poopcoin dev to stop focusing on all these gimmicks they have time for because they just took whatever work was done on BTC and rolled with it. I mean, Dash and the others are just copies of that anyways. Sure must be nice to spend all that time on gimmicks when real devs have already done the important things in the core.
3. Stop defending people who have done nothing for crypto and haven't added new ideas and have instead just taken ideas from other people and put them in a live network instead of putting them into a testnet like they should have. Oops, guess there's no profit there to take peoples money for ideas that other people were too sophisticated to rip people off. Maybe then you wouldn't have 50% of the coins pouring out in an hour.
4. When we say people should do something about it, what we mean is that they should come up with brilliant ideas and implement them like openalias. Better yet, try taking over a coin you feel is a scam, or has serious need of help, rather than plaster the forum with your weak ass attempt at starting with a fresh genesis block. Like Vertoe and current Monero developers did.
5. Your shitty dev didn't code the fucken bitcoin wallet. Stop pretending that it's okay to convict one person as a cloner then praise your dev for doing the same. Double standards much? How can anyone take you seriously?
6. Stop pretending that theres a man behind the curtain of one particular coin creating accounts to piss you off. People have done this since before the internet was even an idea. Realize that you're being faced with someone who doesn't have your best interests at heart, because for all you know it's your own marketing team.
7. How about instead of responding the the threads, the concerns are instead responded to and engaged directly instead of bringing up everything else under the sun. Maybe then you could realize that a lot of the half-assed Monero architecture and passing off as complete only you don't because it doesn't have ponzi-nodes you're already running on your busted ass desktop might get made into something useful because you'll take these things you learn to your shitty dev. Or, you know, maybe actually take a look at the road map that actually exists. It's filled with all sorts of vaporware you can't even comment on because you don't even understand what you're arguing about in the first place.
8. Stop pretending that stability is possible for something with a 5x higher emission, and instead try to realize what the graph would look like if the Monero block reward was actually 2.5 xmr right now. Because that's what it would be if both dash and xmr had the same emission. Or, rather, imagine what the dash chart would look like if the block reward was 25 dash/block instead of 5. The price is cheap now, for you. Because Monero cares. For you. But not forever.

Everything just seems like a desperate attempt to fud on Monero.
Sorry what? 1. Creating something new is different than changing orders you're not a developers if you copy paste change orders..lol
2. Poopcoin dev? are you 5 years old...look how many coins copied Evan's coin...speaking of copying just don't start please lol
3. Yeah nothing do half of what Dash did then talk...like get instant transactions or masternode, if you can't then bring something new. But if still can't then I don't blame you coming here and crying about it since the only Crypto you and Monero developers know is to Cry"p"to about it on forums.
4. Vertoe what coin did she revive exactly? better what about Monero tell me what did they did beside ...well nothing.
5. Can you say he's not the founder of Dash? what Smooth or Fluffypony did at least give credit when it's due, but again you can blame Satoshi for owning 1 million bitcoin because ur a Monero hater.
6. Are you saying that I am right? look at Monero trolling every coin they don't like with dozens of new accounts...Has any other coin been doing this at the level you guys do it? c'mon now
7. Then show me Monero's road map...I wouldn't be surprised if it's saying changing a GUI wallet color from blue to red. As an investor I like what Evan and he's team doing tests and road maps they keep me interested. You want my attention show me what you GOT.
8. Available supply is 7.9m for Monero now how did that happened I thought Monero came after Dash...Monero is .45 cent now cheap or expensive smart money comes with innovation and level of activity of the developers to me at least...so i'll decide by my self and from what I am seeing Monero is overrated by hyped trollers
Last line man this is funny you do realize this is a Dash hate thread right?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Oops

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I dropped the cookies.

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:10:23 AM

I think we all know what coin is "dying in front of everyone's eyes" right now and it sure ain't Dash.

Polishing turds? Even BTC is having a hard time to shine.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:42:45 AM

I was really hoping for more substance in that Blockafett monero "investigation" thread.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:37:02 AM

And here I thought it wasn't gonna be a Monero Marketing thread.

Roadmaps would be nicer if timelines were included. Or should that plan cover ~20-30 years and we should just interpolate?
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:42:34 AM

What a nice research!

And now, please, you can talk about this:

Attacking The Consensus System via Sybil attack
https://www.dashpay.io/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/InstantTX.pdf

And this:

That probability depends on every transaction using 4 rounds of mixing (not likely), as well as assembling a 100% complete transaction, which isn't necessary for an attacker to draw hasty conclusions.

yep, but if you do the calculation using just one round it's still a huge number of days.

As for complete transactions, I agree that's not included....but I was answering your 'gun in the crowd' point, which has a probabilty of near 1, which is astronomically different to the proabilities we're talking about here.

It would be nice to know what are the average or most comonly used mixing rounds in a darksend, and calculate probability based on that. Or, even better, calculate attacker probability based on the minimum allowable amount of mixing, to establish a "worst case scenario" or baseline probability.

ok i'll do it then Smiley

with 15% of the network compromised and just one round of darksend per transaction the probability is 3.32526E-17 or .0000000000000000332526

mutiply by 1,000,000 for transactions per day (which is a really big number of darksend transactions, by the way):

and divide into 1 for number of days to get a complete transaction:

thank you,

Here's one to hold you over, Still searching for Fluffy's domination post.

G2M is correct. If you're able to do two-way mapping of hash functions, then everybody is collectively screwed independent of XMR v. DRK or on-chain v.

off-chain.

OK gotcha.

I wonder why people go on about the off-chain benefits....doesn't sound like any benefit at all in this case.

G2M is not correct, as he's probably not aware that Darksend doesn't reuse addresses.

Yet, the DRK I drksent to someone else is still forever recorded in my wallet with that person's public address. Even after importing it on a different computer. Imagine if they got my wallet dump?

Regardless of the inbetween, the end points are what we're talking about here. But that's okay anyways:

If my private key was capable of being compromised by TLA's, here's the transaction they would select, simply for no other reason other than that it  'looks' like a darksend transation, because it's creating darksend denominations: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?4fbe96210f828f5fbfd1c4859217d8fd76b2d3344325ec0ceae3d0cf1efd5ffd.htm

Then, when parsing the blockchain for those output addresses, they'd deftly reveal the private key to reveal if they've been spent, or just look for it on the blockchain. Because they're a TLA, they're interested in larger amounts first. Let's pick one of the 10 drk denominations:

Here's the first denomination of 10 that's gonna be my 10 drk to drksent. I know it's mine because it's an address that was in the last transaction:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?7c7cde0076f0169f42b7a6ee863d4a24929d33c4558e5123a8a9cd415cc8d607.htm
    6   4fbe96210f828f5f...:26   XfeJKzKEJUtVDYvuv7vF9jJKkF3Dx23ft6   10.0001 DASH

Anyways, let's say that out of those 9, XcRHvNsezZzKB6U7sejx2EPUKjkFkrSEm3 is the address that correlates to me. It goes to this tx: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1655733.htm

Because we're dealing with a situation where rsa/ecc are compromisable in the first place, I'd simply just go ahead and plug into all of the masternodes because encryption is bunk. Seeing as how their IP's are easily discoverable and public knowledge, I'd simply go ahead and sign into it as a remote user, because again cryptography/encryption just doesn't hold up anymore and then I'd go ahead and reveal all of their private keys to myself.

Next, I'd take the second transaction above, that was sent to a masternode and dump the private keys for all of those transactions (for luls). We have 9 transactions, being sent off on some time interval to some other masternode

So, when I'd like to discover when a masternode has sent someone some return DRK, I can just say "OH well I received this guy's 10 DRK, then sent it off to the next node". So I'd go ahead and see where that 10 DRK got sent to, because, you know, more cryptography. Basically I'd set up a table of masternode keys and just simply walk myself through the transactions one by one, until ... it leaves the masternode addresses (it would be insanely profitable, so how could I not?).

Anyways, from there it's pretty safe to say that the output address would be the same user as the three addresses above.

Finally here, I sent 29.0 of the mixed darksend: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?8ce9862e053bce9272f023a4c2654a30edaf6118dd430b6391e611e26ceb84b9.htm

For which, we will pick both of the 10 drk denominations which are from this transaction (also, this absolutely confirms that these inputs are from one person, which means 20 of the transactions in this are the same person): https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?8ce9862e053bce9272f023a4c2654a30edaf6118dd430b6391e611e26ceb84b9.htm

So going to the input side of that tx, just look for the only other tx that's capable of having >20 inputs, which is this transaction: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1655916.htm, (c7a33d66547c65fa39b9a10511c5827c0353f6507c107118adae5bbc0d65da98)

EDIT: Wow, copying and pasting is balls, sorry for what I'm sure is the flame trail after this post that I didnt even read up to yet):
  (Follow those 20 inputs to the next tx - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1655874.htm
  ( Then once more - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1655733.htm)
  (and bam link

Stealth addressing - you'd have an absolutely miserable time doing what I just did if you used stealth addresses as well. Then they'd really need to get those private keys to make the work much less harder.

Of course, this is mostly useless. Likely compromised keys would be used to just spend unspent output, and steal. Because crypto's not going anywhere fast. Nobody cares much about the private financial history of something like a DRK or and XMR user. I'm really just compromising private keys for luls, because the lack of stealth addressing and knowing that change goes to the miners makes identification of the actual money trivial to identify.

Now that I've spent this godawful amount of time doing this, can someone please return the favor and walk me through the same thing for XMR? Preferrably someone that favors DRK, yet is curious about XMR. If not that's fine.

Also, Because it took me much less time to actually trace my tx, than it actually took to complete the tx (I spent a lot of time waiting), this means real-time monitoring is a possibility, therefore not fungible if private keys are compromisable.

Oh, god, 60 replies since I started writing this. I haven't read any of them since I quoted illodin

Here you go Aleix,  Grin

After your're done refuting my last three posts, we can start again. I'm not getting paid to do research you should have done before you invested in this coin.

v 3 posts down--thought you'd like seeing the classy responses from dashers too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/

Let me quote myself:

Please be specific, then maybe I can help you or guide you  to someone who can help (or maybe you are adressing a new vector attack that we need to cover, that would be very welcomed!)

From UdjinM6, today:

I'm really sorry for author's time wasted on this "research" but this is a complete nonsense at the first place: your private keys never moves from your wallet to MNs and none of MNs has any control of your funds -> there are no private keys stored on MNs, nothing to dump.

But I guess I know where this confusion comes from - that Darksend mixing scheme/picture in 1st post and old whitepaper in which funds go few rounds/hops in a circle of MNs. This scheme was made even before Darkcoin review by Kristov Atlas if I remember correctly. It was outdated a long time ago and should be abandoned/refreshed - that is NOT how things work in actual code.

To address some (if any) Dash flaws one really needs to read some actual code. Though sometimes he even needs to read it from scratch after a few months because it's getting improved all the time. I would even welcome everyone to start reading new branch right now https://github.com/dashpay/dash/tree/v0.12.0.x and submit issues and/or pull requests. The more things we fix before next testing phase the better. :smile: But most trolls out there never read code nor is able to do so... so really no reason in arguing with them imo.

However I would definitely agree on few things if they were pronounced clearely:
- it's hard to do (distributed) CoinJoin right and Darksend isn't perfect yet
- the lack of proper documentation could lead (well, it actually already does lead) to confusion like that

Regarding the OP itself i.e. "Dash is dying": well, the repo is open and anyone can follow the progress of "dying" by himself https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commits/v0.12.0.x
G2M

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:23:31 AM

Aleix,

If you read and understand the post, you'll see that private key reveals have nothing to do with the separate darksend trace based on the number of temporally unique denominated inputs I did of my own tx.

It was purposefully written like that, in order to easily separate the real responses from the govt sponsored ones.

That was a govt sponsored post IMO.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:07:43 AM

"Dash is nearing the bottom"

Does this new thread subject mean that the time those who wish to buy at the bottom are looking for is near?
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:29:20 AM

You got me!, I am James Bond and  Illodin is Moneypenny  Grin

I asked one of the core developers to answer your nonsense. Please try to keep some dignity to FUD, tnks.

Oh, I see we have a new FUD thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077613.0

Enough for me, I'm out  Wink
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:54:18 PM

to OP : yes, i think you are really totally absolutely right in that Dash has run it course .. charts dont lie now do they ?
And this chart clearly shows an impending doom scenario for Dash :

edit : oh wait.. it .. it.. doesnt  Huh

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
G2M

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:06:10 PM

You got me!, I am James Bond and  Illodin is Moneypenny  Grin

I asked one of the core developers to answer your nonsense. Please try to keep some dignity to FUD, tnks.

Oh, I see we have a new FUD thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077613.0

Enough for me, I'm out  Wink

LOL.

Not you ya nut!

Sorry I guess I shoulda made it clear. The post I was referring to was udjin(?) response .. It didn't address the traceable dark sent and instead he picked and chose what parts of my post it wanted to talk about, rather than address the whole thing.

He chose to talk about the bait instead of the herring.

TYVM for trying to get them to talk about it though!

I do think illodin would make a great Moneypenny though Cheesy

AndJusticeForSome

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:26:33 PM

No it hasn't run its course yet. It will pump/dump a few more times before the main dev steps down or gets arrested for fraud
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: