Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you expect from the halving in 2016?  (Read 20546 times)
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:22:13 PM

I strongly feel there will be a big bubble because of the halving hype, maybe bitcoin can also expect some media interest as bitcoin sale spike up, then the halving process will take its toll on the bitcoin price and then eventually the price will notice increase attracting even more people. That's when it matters, if things continue to go the way they are for bitcoin, then I expect btc to be less volatile too.

I don't think we will experience a bubble after the halving as much as a natural rise as the supply of bitcoin will go down and simple economics mean the price per bitcoin will go up mate Cheesy

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:33:45 PM

I expect that Bitcoin will be in a new bubble and I gain much profits from it.
But the price reaching around 500$ will probably not be a big deal.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:04:44 PM

I strongly feel there will be a big bubble because of the halving hype, maybe bitcoin can also expect some media interest as bitcoin sale spike up, then the halving process will take its toll on the bitcoin price and then eventually the price will notice increase attracting even more people. That's when it matters, if things continue to go the way they are for bitcoin, then I expect btc to be less volatile too.

I don't think we will experience a bubble after the halving as much as a natural rise as the supply of bitcoin will go down and simple economics mean the price per bitcoin will go up mate Cheesy

The supply of Bitcoin is constantly increasing, currently at a rate of 7 to 10% per year.
After the halving, bitcoin supply will not decrease -- only the rate of increase will drop to 4 to 5% per year.

which is a decrease if you think about it, a decrease in comparison to what it was before, this will have an impact if the price isn't already skyrocketed due to demand, in that case you will not be able to notice it
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:00:31 AM

The supply of Bitcoin is constantly increasing, currently at a rate of 7 to 10% per year.
After the halving, bitcoin supply will not decrease -- only the rate of increase will drop to 4 to 5% per year.
which is a decrease if you think about it, a decrease in comparison to what it was before, this will have an impact if the price isn't already skyrocketed due to demand, in that case you will not be able to notice it

There is some confusion between "supply" meaning money supply, and "supply" w.r.t supply and demand. However, the halving does not decrease the "supply" in either of these cases -- it lowers the rate of increase.

The money supply is constantly increasing due to mining. When the halving occurs, the money supply will continue to increase but at a slower rate.

The increasing money supply tends to cause the supply curve to shift to the right over time, basically because there are more bitcoins to sell. Note that there are other factors that may have a greater effect on the supply than inflation (at least in the short term). After the halving, the increasing money supply will continue to cause the the supply curve to shift to the right over time, only more slowly.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:46:10 AM

I'm execting to see a build up of price months before the actual halving is going to take place, maybe even a hype in regards to price, and then
when the time of the halving actually comes, i think there's going to be steady dumping, followed by cascade of people cashing in, and in the end, most of
the people that think how the price will go up at the day of halving or so, will loose money. It's typical for bitcoin to make such moves.

cheers
MGMT

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:09:41 AM

I also think this. I think whatever happens many people are going to think there's going to be a dramatic rise so they'll buy like crazy which will then have an effect on the price, but the bubble will burst again eventually. I'm looking forward to what happens though.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:23:14 AM

I firmly believe that most of the price action is going to happen a few months before the block halving. I expect the prices to come a bit down again once the halving has taken place. The peak of the halving has to come down to a reasonable price level at that time.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:24:52 AM

I expect $5k-$10k/btc after halving.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:21:36 PM

I'm execting to see a build up of price months before the actual halving is going to take place, maybe even a hype in regards to price, and then
when the time of the halving actually comes, i think there's going to be steady dumping, followed by cascade of people cashing in, and in the end, most of
the people that think how the price will go up at the day of halving or so, will loose money. It's typical for bitcoin to make such moves.

cheers

The bubble may burst before or after the halving, but whats' clear is the price will be a lot higher than last ATH, and we'll have a lot of people jumping after the dumping thinking "this is the last chance" and will try to get the newly perceived as cheap BTC. Once we get all those people there a new floor is established, higher than ATH.
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:47:45 PM

Hopefully by mid 2016 before the halving bitcoin will be far more in demand so it will push the price up due to scarcity rather than decrease due to lack of demand.
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:57:23 PM

Nothing will happen because the price will have already adjusted long before the halving since people expect it to go up..

In other words, it probably won't move much upward or much downward, but stay at trends unaffected completely by halving.
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:14:55 AM

Nothing will happen because the price will have already adjusted long before the halving since people expect it to go up..

In other words, it probably won't move much upward or much downward, but stay at trends unaffected completely by halving.

Your forum rank doesn't give you much credibility. Isn't it just basic economics? Halving = less bitcoins. Less supply + consistent demand = rise in price.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:39:22 AM

i expect the price to go up, and it is possible to go past the $1200 mark again

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:43:27 AM

Your forum rank doesn't give you much credibility. Isn't it just basic economics? Halving = less bitcoins. Less supply + consistent demand = rise in price.
Forum rank != credibility BUT
I agree with you that supply and demand will lead to a higher price, but I don't expect to see anything crazy in 2016. Once we get closer to 20 million is when the fear of missing out will hit.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:47:41 AM

Your forum rank doesn't give you much credibility either, but rank means little. It is just basic economics and basic math. Halving does not equal less bitcoins. The number of bitcoins will continue to increase after the halving. Greater supply and constant demand = drop in price. ... but it really isn't that simple either way.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:24:26 AM

I expect uprising interest and general fuss about bitcoin
gotmilk_

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:01:51 AM

What will happen? Learn from history  Wink
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:06:34 AM

Are you serious? Shocked What is the reason for this expectation? in my wildest fantasies i would only expect a price around $500.

Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:50:53 AM

Forum rank != credibility BUT
I agree with you that supply and demand will lead to a higher price, but I don't expect to see anything crazy in 2016. Once we get closer to 20 million is when the fear of missing out will hit.
And that is in the year around 2140.
I know we all will be dead a long time before it.
So we have a responsibility to guide our children and grandchildren about Bitcoins.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:53:29 AM

Are you serious? Shocked What is the reason for this expectation? in my wildest fantasies i would only expect a price around $500.

Well, he didn't specified the time frame after the halving. Theoretically that means the price has to climb over 5k$ till 2020. Not that unrealistic with continued user growth, adoption and more and more use cases.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: