Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:30:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRT][CRT100M] Cryptotarget - Dual Wallet Updated! v1.0.2  (Read 47816 times)
DropsOfJupiter

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 03:14:08 AM

NOTE TO EXCHANGES/POOLS: This coin does not use any decimal places due to the sheer size of coin supply that has been set. Please make sure you adjust your software to round down any payments (including tx fee) to the nearest whole number!
Pennies (CENT) asked for the same thing sometime back, but I think they ran into some problems.

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe
B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 03:52:49 AM

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a good day.

I'm looking into building some sort of wrapper for RPC commands that will remove decimal points from the input and pass on the RPC command to cryptotargetd without decimals. Smiley
The reason being that this will make it easier to support legacy systems that exchanges and pools use until they adopt whole numbers. Will start working on it as soon as I get time off work.

I believe this answers the decimal issue for exchanges.
B-MoneyXcan

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 03:58:38 AM

Thanks for your input and words guys Smiley
You guys aren't wrong, your points are completely valid, however I am optimistic that CRT will have a steady value which is what I'm aiming for mainly to enable arbitraging. It's much easier for marketing CRT at 1 satoshi however unlikely it may seem, it's much more attractive whether the reality of that is true or not. I believe that CRT has a great future and there is plenty of potential in it.

See this is what I don't understand.  If you recognize these points as valid, then it logically follows that you should recognize that the 1 satoshi thing isn't just unlikely.  It is impossible.  You can't use it to arbitrage either.  There has to be a willing buyer at 1 satoshi the second you deposit your coins to make this useful for arbitrage, and there won't be because there are too many coins.  How will you be able to count on selling your coins at 1 satoshi if you need to wait for a sell wall that could EASILY be 100,000 BTC thick to get eaten through before your coins get touched?  BTC produces around $1 million dollars of coins every day, and struggles to maintain it's price.  How will the CRT market absorb $78 million dollars worth of new coins every day?  Where will the network of miners come from to secure the chain?  The alt markets as a whole struggle to get a few million dollars of trading volume every day.  Why would a fast arbitrage coin, something that a small % of traders would use in an even smaller % of trades, have a multi-billion dollar demand?  If Jesus came down from heaven and miracled this at 1 satoshi, the BTC network dies!  Why would miners fight over $1 million dollars worth of BTC everyday, when they have $78 million dollars of CRT to mine? 

It doesn't help with marketing either.  Just about anything will be added to an exchange almost instantly these days.  Why has no alt exchange attempted to touch this?  Why is hardly anyone mining this?  It's because the entire plan is ridiculous after thinking about it for about 30 seconds, and people walk away because they rightfully judge this plan to be a dead end.  If even 1 alt exchange is crazy enough to add to this to a BTC market, what will happen is that anyone unfortunate enough to have a buy order will have it instantly dumped on.  Then a massive sell wall at 1 satoshi starts building.  It will be a laughingstock as the sell wall grows to a comical size within minutes.  Then thats all she wrote.  You have a dead coin now.  No one will be buying from the 500,000 BTC sell wall.  No other exchanges will add it when they see it instantly died and trade volume is 0.  There is a big difference between a "fast arbitrage coin stable at 1 satoshi" and a "fast arbitrage coin stable at 0 satoshi", which is what you WILL have.  Technically most of the plan is correct, but you better be a marketing whiz to convince people it's a minor detail.

Being optimistic is one thing, being delusional is another.

I think not focusing on a BTC market is realistic. Also i do remember dev saying something about not having to be tied to btc/ltc at all...I understand what he is saying here i believe. BTC is unfairly distributed and worth too much for most to even own at least 1.. an individual could own 10,000 CRT.. and why can't those CRT be valued at $1 USD each... yeah long shot, but gotta start somewhere. At least there are enough coins for every being on this planet to have more than 1 Smiley Reason some creative promo is necessary!
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:01:36 AM

Thanks for your input and words guys Smiley
You guys aren't wrong, your points are completely valid, however I am optimistic that CRT will have a steady value which is what I'm aiming for mainly to enable arbitraging. It's much easier for marketing CRT at 1 satoshi however unlikely it may seem, it's much more attractive whether the reality of that is true or not. I believe that CRT has a great future and there is plenty of potential in it.

See this is what I don't understand.  If you recognize these points as valid, then it logically follows that you should recognize that the 1 satoshi thing isn't just unlikely.  It is impossible.  You can't use it to arbitrage either.  There has to be a willing buyer at 1 satoshi the second you deposit your coins to make this useful for arbitrage, and there won't be because there are too many coins.  How will you be able to count on selling your coins at 1 satoshi if you need to wait for a sell wall that could EASILY be 100,000 BTC thick to get eaten through before your coins get touched?  BTC produces around $1 million dollars of coins every day, and struggles to maintain it's price.  How will the CRT market absorb $78 million dollars worth of new coins every day?  Where will the network of miners come from to secure the chain?  The alt markets as a whole struggle to get a few million dollars of trading volume every day.  Why would a fast arbitrage coin, something that a small % of traders would use in an even smaller % of trades, have a multi-billion dollar demand?  If Jesus came down from heaven and miracled this at 1 satoshi, the BTC network dies!  Why would miners fight over $1 million dollars worth of BTC everyday, when they have $78 million dollars of CRT to mine? 

It doesn't help with marketing either.  Just about anything will be added to an exchange almost instantly these days.  Why has no alt exchange attempted to touch this?  Why is hardly anyone mining this?  It's because the entire plan is ridiculous after thinking about it for about 30 seconds, and people walk away because they rightfully judge this plan to be a dead end.  If even 1 alt exchange is crazy enough to add to this to a BTC market, what will happen is that anyone unfortunate enough to have a buy order will have it instantly dumped on.  Then a massive sell wall at 1 satoshi starts building.  It will be a laughingstock as the sell wall grows to a comical size within minutes.  Then thats all she wrote.  You have a dead coin now.  No one will be buying from the 500,000 BTC sell wall.  No other exchanges will add it when they see it instantly died and trade volume is 0.  There is a big difference between a "fast arbitrage coin stable at 1 satoshi" and a "fast arbitrage coin stable at 0 satoshi", which is what you WILL have.  Technically most of the plan is correct, but you better be a marketing whiz to convince people it's a minor detail.

Being optimistic is one thing, being delusional is another.

Waste of keystrokes. I made the point this coin has no future like 20 pages ago and people still are mining this nonesense - just let them.
CryptoSalad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:31:13 AM

Nice amount of coins to be generated however too many of them and way too many. Just like shitcoin had and went nowhere along with many others. If this ever gets to exchange will be very hard to make anything good of it in terms of value.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 05:07:08 AM

I believe this answers the decimal issue for exchanges.

I believe it doesn't because BTC is still only divisible down to 8 decimal places.

I think not focusing on a BTC market is realistic. Also i do remember dev saying something about not having to be tied to btc/ltc at all...I understand what he is saying here i believe. BTC is unfairly distributed and worth too much for most to even own at least 1.. an individual could own 10,000 CRT.. and why can't those CRT be valued at $1 USD each... yeah long shot, but gotta start somewhere. At least there are enough coins for every being on this planet to have more than 1 Smiley Reason some creative promo is necessary!

Ok, what is it going to be traded against and where?  Fiat?  I doubt there is a FINCEN regulated fiat exchange capable of handling billions of dollars in trade volume in the works.

You are only saying BTC is unfairly distributed because you weren't an early adopter.

Did you just ask why can't CRT be valued at $1 each?  Do I need to explain why an eventual 100 quadrillion dollar marketcap is lunacy?  I just posted this sentence in my last reply: Being optimistic is one thing, being delusional is another.

Waste of keystrokes. I made the point this coin has no future like 20 pages ago and people still are mining this nonesense - just let them.

You are correct sir.  I'm outta here til someone starts making some sense.  I know country coins aren't a big thing anymore, but this might as well be renamed Zimbabwe coin. 
B-MoneyXcan

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 05:47:30 AM

Going to try this coin so I can have 1 million of something it might help with the wife acceptance factor with my noisy miners lol

2HWePPUEnxFo1CipTuF2uAuCwk2UwXQ7hd

Sent!  Smiley
tomcio2001

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:42:41 AM

I submited CRT to coin voting on Cryptopia and it has been accepted!
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting
Please vote for CRT! (1 free vote each day)
xaxuke

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:51:33 AM

New dice game and roulette for cryptotarget!!!

You can play at: http://crtdice.xaxamining.com/

enjoy and fun!!!
minerjoen

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:59:29 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 11:57:08 AM by minerjoen

You are correct sir.  I'm outta here til someone starts making some sense.  I know country coins aren't a big thing anymore, but this might as well be renamed Zimbabwe coin.  

Sorry to see you both go, however I'm not sure what else you want me to say? Of course having a market cap bigger than BTC is impossible due to the fact that there will never be enough BTC to even cover CRT market cap. Yes, there will be sell walls on a BTC market, however that is completely expected. LTC and DOGE pairs will be more dynamic and there can be more liquidity on those markets.

As for the exchanges, I doubt many exchanges can be bothered to change their code to adapt to CRT which is why I'm building a wrapper to support their legacy systems. Or I might just create a whole new client for them specifically. Whatever is easier Smiley

Anyway, I thank you for participating in this thread and I look forward to seeing you return at some point.

I submited CRT to coin voting on Cryptopia and it has been accepted!
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting
Please vote for CRT! (1 free vote each day)

Nice! Added to first post!

New dice game and roulette for cryptotarget!!!

You can play at: http://crtdice.xaxamining.com/

enjoy and fun!!!

Wow, added to first post too!

as you can see, the community is growing every day Cheesy

AND THE GOOD THING IS, ALSO NEW PEOPLE CAN STILL MINE WITH MAX PROFIT, STILL MAX BLOCK REWARDS Cheesy

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
xaxuke

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:42:48 AM

SPECIAL OFFER TO PLAY DICE AND WHEEL ON http://crtdice.xaxamining.com/

For the first 20 players who make a deposit and play at least 10 times on dice or wheel, I will make a deposit of 50000000 CRT to continue playing on http://crtdice.xaxamining.com/

B-MoneyXcan

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 01:27:59 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 01:52:19 PM by B-MoneyXcan

had to adjust due to forum rules!
CRT GIVEAWAY!! Up to 3 Million each
1 Million CRT to NEW users. Download the wallet and send me a PM Receive an additional 2 million by promoting this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any other social media outlet, provide the link with your address in a pm Smiley

minerjoen

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:46:07 PM

1 Million CRT to NEW users. Download the wallet and post your address here quoting this post. Receive an additional 2 million by promoting this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any other social media outlet, provide the link with your address Smiley

Nice action.

I can back u up if needed. Just pm me for some million when needed.

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
B-MoneyXcan

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 01:54:39 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 02:17:29 PM by B-MoneyXcan

1 Million CRT to NEW users. Download the wallet and post your address here quoting this post. Receive an additional 2 million by promoting this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any other social media outlet, provide the link with your address Smiley

Nice action.

I can back u up if needed. Just pm me for some million when needed.

I adjusted due to forum rules, appreciated Smiley

had to adjust due to forum rules!
1 Million CRT to NEW users. Download the wallet and send me a PM Receive an additional 2 million by promoting this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any other social media outlet, provide the link with your address in a pm  Smiley
xaxuke

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:55:01 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 06:28:48 PM by xaxuke

For the first 20 players who make a deposit and play at least 10 times on dice or wheel, I will make a deposit of 50000000 CRT to continue playing on http://crtdice.xaxamining.com/
Player with 50000000 crt deposited to play:
xaxuke
xblack86
boom

Make a deposit and play al least 10 times and I will give you 50000000 in your balance.
Enjoy and play with us.
Only 17 players left to win a 50M CRT deposit to play at http://crtdice.xaxamining.com/
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:34:48 PM

NOTE TO EXCHANGES/POOLS: This coin does not use any decimal places due to the sheer size of coin supply that has been set. Please make sure you adjust your software to round down any payments (including tx fee) to the nearest whole number!
Pennies (CENT) asked for the same thing sometime back, but I think they ran into some problems.
What does this mean? By removing the decimals  was the block reward really 40.00000000
instead of a block reward of 4 Billion Coins (4,000,000,000 CRT)

or like you said it isn't a small altcoin the you need to use decimals
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 03:01:26 AM

Sorry to see you both go, however I'm not sure what else you want me to say? Of course having a market cap bigger than BTC is impossible due to the fact that there will never be enough BTC to even cover CRT market cap. Yes, there will be sell walls on a BTC market, however that is completely expected. LTC and DOGE pairs will be more dynamic and there can be more liquidity on those markets.

As for the exchanges, I doubt many exchanges can be bothered to change their code to adapt to CRT which is why I'm building a wrapper to support their legacy systems. Or I might just create a whole new client for them specifically. Whatever is easier Smiley

Anyway, I thank you for participating in this thread and I look forward to seeing you return at some point.

I know I said I was going but I just can't help myself.  Your statement about how CRT can't have a bigger market cap than BTC made me think of a way to articulate the fundamental problem with the core concept of this coin.

What would be the 3 things you would want in a coin designed solely for the purpose of arbitrage?  Speed, liquidity, and stability.  CRT has speed, 10 second block times (although time is really what is needed to form a consensus among POW miners, 6 confirms became customary in BTC  because it would on average be about an hour.  I digress though, this is a topic for a different discussion).

So we have liquidity and stability to worry about.  These 2 properties have an inverse relationship with each other though.  LTC or DOGE make decent arbitrage coins in this regard.  They are relatively stable, if we are talking about a small enough window of time anyway, but they also have liquidity.  There are willing buyers and sellers at all alt exchanges for these coins.  As long as it isn't a massive amount, you can generallly count on being able to immediately buy LTC/DOGE at an exchange and count on immediately being able to sell it on another.  Your entire focus with CRT was on stability, 100% stability.  Since liquidity and stability have an inverse relationship though, CRT will have 0% liquidity!  You will be able to buy it instantly on any exchange, but you'll never be able to sell it on the other.  You pointed this liquidity problem out by admitting CRT can't have a bigger market cap than BTC.  Well it can in theory have a market cap bigger than BTC, but not in practice because of the problem of liquidity.  There aren't going to be enough BTC to even buy it all.  Why are miners even going to mine this and maintain the network if they know they will never be able to sell it?

You set out to create an arbitrage coin, and remembered the speed and stability parts, but you completely forgot about liquidity.  If you are missing any of those 3 key elements, it is a complete failure as an arbitrage coin.  You can't have a coin locked in 100% stable and also have any liquidity.  It needs to be a balance.  It is hard to bake that balance into the coin because liquidity is also affected by supply/demand.  LTC/DOGE are good arbitrage coins not because that was the goal when they were created, but because they have faster block times than BTC and reached a level of adoption that happens to make them very liquid, by crypto standards anyway.

This is why I am saying you need to refocus your mission, goals, and efforts if you ever want this coin to go anywhere.  It could very well become a useful coin for arbitrage one day, but only if it gains a following for other reasons.  Demand creates liquidity and makes a coin useful for arbitrage.  Your plan of attack is that being useful for arbitrage will create demand which will create liquidity, but this won't be useful for arbitrage so it won't create demand and that combined with the massive amount of coins ensures 0 liquidity.

If you want this coin to go anywhere, you need to focus on DOGE markets right now and work on a solution for allowing sub-1 satoshi or sub-1 latoshi trading.  There are a million schemes I could dream up to make that work, but of course the exchanges would have to go along with it and I doubt many of them will want to bother for 1 coin.  So this will be the tricky part and a creative solution will be needed.  This won't even work at 1 latoshi because that is still creating, off the top of my head something like $500,000 dollars worth of coins a day.

1.Come up with new mission and use for coin, the 1 satoshi arbitage coin is plainly ridiculous and makes the coin looks like a joke and is NOT good for marketing.  It will not succeed for this purpose.

2.Get it on DOGE markets ONLY for now.  Talk to bleutrade and c-cex.  They tend to put all their coins on BTC/LTC/DOGE markets but see if they will add this to DOGE markets only for now.  THIS COIN WILL LOOK LIKE A JOKE ON ANY OTHER MARKET.

3.Get to the drawing board, try to work out a way for this to be able to trade sub-satoshi and and sub-latoshi and work with exchanges on it.  This will be the tricky part.

OR

Come up with new mission and use for coin, do a hard fork, add back in the decimal place and slide it to the left about 6 spots like a reverse stock split.  Hopefully your new mission is good though because it neuters CRT of the gimmick it has right now and makes it just another coin.

These are your 2 possible road maps.  I have been in the alt-coin world for over 2 years though, I've seen countless coins come and go, I've seen how the alt markets operate.  I'm just trying to be helpful here.  The only reason I am trying so hard to try to talk sense into you is because you do appear to have technical skills and to be honest and we could use more devs like that in the alt world.  You just seem to be lacking in common sense and awareness of how these markets operate, and crossing your fingers and saying "I'm optimistic" while offering no solutions to the insurmountable problems and flaws that are inherent in your core concept isn't going to get you anywhere.
ciocgun

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 07:29:05 AM

Please submit coin request on poloniex!
https://www.poloniex.com/coinRequest
Thanks Smiley

Mail sent to poloniex.

Cryptopia:
Cryptotarget(CRT)    Total coin count is unsupported in our audit system

xaxuke

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:54:40 AM

Player with 50000000 crt deposited to play:
xaxuke
xblack86
boom
maxvolts

Make a deposit and play al least 10 times and I will give you 50000000 in your balance.
Enjoy and play with us.
Only 16 players left to win a 50M CRT deposit to play at http://crtdice.xaxamining.com/

SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 08:01:24 AM

This is a fantastic post and I'm glad to see you're passionate in your beliefs Smiley
I propose the following solution:

Create a client specifically for those exchanges to deal with CRT in lots of 1K. This will help users feel like they've got a large number of coins regardless of the price.
E.g. Someone trying to sell 4 Billion CRT @ 1 sat will work out at 4,000,000,000 / 1000 * 0.00000001 = 0.04BTC.

This will give CRT a chance on all markets, it will give buyers of CRT lots of coins and will allow for more liquidity. There would be no need for hard forks which is messy and I want to avoid in any case.

If the community feels like I should go ahead with this proposed solution then I will go ahead and build the client.

Now you are making some sense!  IMO, you should make it lots of 100k though.  At the proposed 1k, it would still be creating 345.6 BTC worth of coins a day if they sold at 1 satoshi.  If dealing in lots of 100k, it would only be creating 3.456 BTC of new coins a day at 1 satoshi.  That doesn't sound like alot, and it isn't really, but for a new alt in the market today it actually is quite a bit.  We don't even get new POW coins anymore.  They are virtually all short POW periods followed by pure POS, because they can't find a fraction of a BTC of support every day from investors to buy incoming POW coins.  For this reason, I still don't think it will see too much action on BTC markets initially and will likely build up a sell wall, but at least it won't be a comically large one.  In the meantime that would be the perfect amount to allow robust trading on LTC and DOGE markets, and if adoption reaches a certain level, it could start to see some success on the BTC market.  This could be a fun trading coin and could end up being an awesome arbitrage coin eventually, but not in the way you envisioned it.  In the sense of arbitraging between the BTC/CRT, LTC/CRT, and DOGE/CRT markets because traders just want to trade.   If CRT gets big one day, you can always adjust the exchange client so that it deals with lots of 10k or 1k.  For now though, it is best to stay conservative especially in the current alt climate.  It shouldn't be a big deal for exchanges to add a little note to the CRT markets, explaining that a bid for 1 CRT actually counts for 100k and they will get that many if they withdrawal.

This could make a great tipping coin.  Part of the fun of DOGE was that even if you held a relatively small amount, it wasn't cost prohibitive to throw a few thousand here or there.  With CRT, you can tip millions!  Those extra zeroes are psychologically satisfying.

Mail sent to poloniex.

Polo won't add this.  They are very strict on adding new coins these days.  It needs to prove itself elsewhere first.  Bleutrade and C-Cex (even though I hate c-cex) are the best bets because they will add new coins AND they have BTC/LTC/DOGE markets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: