Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 15 x SP20 miners hosted with JeffColo with free rental PSU's!  (Read 1543 times)
sunbreak (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:59:13 PM

Sorry about hijacking your thread, I'm honestly interested in buying the miners, but for some reason the market for used miners is frankly outrageous.  For some reason people seem to think these should sell for what they were originally priced at new or in some cases even more (ebay.com).

I've got more power being delivered next week to my small hosting space, when that's delivered, I'll make an offer, but I'm thinking in the ~300 per range, if that's not something the seller would be interested in at all, I understand, but I think paying more than that for used gear when next gen is around the corner is crazy.

....Around the corner...... Really? You mean possibly at the end of the year!?  Cheesy

On here people KNOW the prices and market, so no need to low ball or mis-lead with prices you could never fill yourself. I understand buying low, sell high, but when you try to back your comments with fake info, it just makes you look......like an ahole.  Wink

If someone doesn't like the prices, MOVE ON.

I think its a fair point that S5s can be had for around 375 shipped, new, from the manufacturer.

Edit: this isn't the thread I thought it was where someone was asking 375 + shipping for used S5s.

Commentary: I don't see why everyone gets upset on these boards when prices are negotiated. It's just business. If someone offers an "unfairly" low price, don't sell to them. If someone asks an "unfairly" high price, don't buy from them. It a that simple. Prices are only "wrong" when transactions aren't made. As for trying to convince the other party to change what they are bidding/asking, that's fair game of course. And if you use speculation or made up "info" in an attempt to do so, you will lose credibility and come off as a dumbass. These miners are only "worth" what buyers are willing to pay for them. They are still profitable to mine with for the most part, so you have to assume the seller needs liquidity sooner than expected or they are bearish on mining profitability going forward. Buyers are obviously bullish on mining profitability going forward. Of course economic factors are not the only factors. There may be collectors or hobbyists who are motivated by other factors than profitability.

Commentary TL;DR: free markets are complicated. Don't take it personal and get upset with how they function.

Edit 2: apologies for the rant and hijacking the thread. Back to our regularly scheduled sale then.

Man .. never thought holding an auction would be such a hot topic.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:14:08 PM

Sorry about hijacking your thread, I'm honestly interested in buying the miners, but for some reason the market for used miners is frankly outrageous.  For some reason people seem to think these should sell for what they were originally priced at new or in some cases even more (ebay.com).

I've got more power being delivered next week to my small hosting space, when that's delivered, I'll make an offer, but I'm thinking in the ~300 per range, if that's not something the seller would be interested in at all, I understand, but I think paying more than that for used gear when next gen is around the corner is crazy.

....Around the corner...... Really? You mean possibly at the end of the year!?  Cheesy

On here people KNOW the prices and market, so no need to low ball or mis-lead with prices you could never fill yourself. I understand buying low, sell high, but when you try to back your comments with fake info, it just makes you look......like an ahole.  Wink

If someone doesn't like the prices, MOVE ON.

I think its a fair point that S5s can be had for around 375 shipped, new, from the manufacturer.

Edit: this isn't the thread I thought it was where someone was asking 375 + shipping for used S5s.

Commentary: I don't see why everyone gets upset on these boards when prices are negotiated. It's just business. If someone offers an "unfairly" low price, don't sell to them. If someone asks an "unfairly" high price, don't buy from them. It a that simple. Prices are only "wrong" when transactions aren't made. As for trying to convince the other party to change what they are bidding/asking, that's fair game of course. And if you use speculation or made up "info" in an attempt to do so, you will lose credibility and come off as a dumbass. These miners are only "worth" what buyers are willing to pay for them. They are still profitable to mine with for the most part, so you have to assume the seller needs liquidity sooner than expected or they are bearish on mining profitability going forward. Buyers are obviously bullish on mining profitability going forward. Of course economic factors are not the only factors. There may be collectors or hobbyists who are motivated by other factors than profitability.

Commentary TL;DR: free markets are complicated. Don't take it personal and get upset with how they function.

Edit 2: apologies for the rant and hijacking the thread. Back to our regularly scheduled sale then.

Man .. never thought holding an auction would be such a hot topic.

Sorry dude, I apologize for the hijack :p
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:23:48 PM

Exactly, thus people that aren't interested in buying said product should Butt out and move on, instead of flapping their insulting BS to the seller. Roll Eyes

Back to the OP.

What's your Hosting /KWH pricing like? Please PM me with info and all fees, charges, etc.. etc... Thanks

Go Big or Go Home.
sunbreak (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:52:00 AM

Exactly, thus people that aren't interested in buying said product should Butt out and move on, instead of flapping their insulting BS to the seller. Roll Eyes

Back to the OP.

What's your Hosting /KWH pricing like? Please PM me with info and all fees, charges, etc.. etc... Thanks

I've given up on posting pricing given the competitive nature of hosting mining gear. My rates are whatever the best rates are offered by competitive hosting providers. That way you always know your getting the best deal as you could anywhere else. Now I do have expenses and every now and then there is a deal I just can't compete with. In those cases you are welcome to pay to ship them to the hosting provider of your choice. I usually don't charge much for pack up and ship out. In some situations like this sale the seller is willing to pay me to ship them out so the buyer pays nothing but the shipping charges.

So ultimately .. I've chosen to peg my pricing to others instead of publishing a fixed schedule that is endlessly scrutinized by people who are lucky enough to have favorable electric rates or free power entirely. I just figure these people don't understand that people in Europe, Australia, California, etc, etc have no choice but to pay rates that often exceed hosting providers fee's by a great margin. For these people most hosting deals are a bargain.

I honestly like the competition, well as long as I can compete Wink It's opening up opportunities for home miners to realize some of the benefits that larger operations usually were only privileged to. Coming from a data center background I can certainly tell you these $75/kW-month +/- deals are just impossible in a traditional data centers. Hopefully all this competition may even bring the rates of traditional providers down.

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:04:18 PM

I am kind of lost on your post. Unless you give us a price how do you expect anyone to host with you?
If you want to keep it secret, fine but you haven't pmed me with the info either.
Prices in the USA range from $75 up per kWh.

Go Big or Go Home.
sunbreak (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:37:08 PM

I am kind of lost on your post. Unless you give us a price how do you expect anyone to host with you?
If you want to keep it secret, fine but you haven't pmed me with the info either.
Prices in the USA range from $75 up per kWh.

I was just saying that I will match any other hosting providers rate plans. Even if I post rates people will always try to negotiate them by comparing to another provider. So I just simply decided that any rate plan with any provider I need to compete with so I will offer the same deal they do.

I might be making this harder to understand than it is .. if so .. my apologies.
sunbreak (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:44:56 AM

UDPATE: AUCTION ENDS 06/08/2015 @ 11:59:59 PM PDT

Just a reminder auction ends tomorrow evening!
sunbreak (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:28:47 AM

Only 2.5 hours left!
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:23:01 PM

Question.

How do we know this person is legit? Co is legit? There is no company presence, website, even a registered email to his domain??
There is no info on 'Jeffcolo' in Oregon, nothing on Google.
He is a Jr Member. How do I know this isn't another one of the many scams off this damn forum??

No offense to Sunbreak, but how do I get comfortable sending you $1500+ monthly hosting fees??

Go Big or Go Home.
Cheeseater

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:51:59 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 09:46:52 PM by Cheeseater

Sunbreak is hosting about 80 Th and has been for the past nearly 6 months. I just purchased 15 Sp20's from one of his customers without issue. I've purchased an Sp30 from one of his customers without issue. He rebuilt six S2's that arrived to him nearly destroyed. He has access to all my mining accounts and all my equipment hosted at other locations. Do I trust him? Obviously... Furthermore Sidehack has vouched for him and it was Sidehack that refered me to him.
Long story short if you have cold feet I'll take the miners if you're not comfortable

Edit: Why would you bid in the first place if you were worried about his credibility Huh
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:36:22 PM

Sunbreak is hosting about 80 Th and has been for the past nearly 6 months. I just purchased 15 Sp20's from one of his customers without issue. I've purchased an Sp30 from one of his customers without issue. He rebuilt six S2's that arrived to him nearly destroyed. He has access to all my mining accounts and all my equipment hosted at other locations. Do I trust him? Obviously... Furthermore Sidehack has vouched for him and it was Sidehack that refered me to him.
Long story short if you have cold feet I'll take the miners if you're not comfortable

Edit: Why would you bid in the first place if you were worried about his credibility Huh

Because I am interested but when asked to send blindly that much money I'd like to have more to go on than 2 accounts on a non moderated scammy site like this forum.  Roll Eyes

I have since spoken to him and verified things so its all set anyways.

Go Big or Go Home.
Cheeseater

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:06:53 AM

Glad you worked it out. I know you won't be disappointed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: