Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 08:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Before PoA, do we need merged mining?
Merged mining is a good idea
We do not need merged mining
We need only PoA
We need both merged mining and PoA

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS  (Read 450215 times)
vonHohenlohe

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:27:40 PM

Hey, are there any news about the developing process of this coin? Does someone work on fixing the code? Is it even posibble to fix it?

The code for XDN does work. I have it running in a Virtualbox right now.
You just need make sure you use the OS and node.js version they state.

It will take a lot of rewrite on js script in there to bring it current to node.js 8.x.x or even 9.x.x

Lot of the org nodejs v0.10 functions have been changed. An example is Buffer() that is used numerous times. "new Buffer()" no longer exist and has been replace with a Buffer Class.
Actually all of nodejs is Classes now.
For Buffer in there now you use "Class::Buffer.from()", other variations in there for Buffer() also.

I was wanting to bring it to Ubuntu 17.x, but right now don't have time.

All that js in there is going to have to be gone through.

On one pool open source the developer flat out stated they were not going to support/change/update it.

There is one open source in there i found that runs on Ubuntu 16.x, using node.js 4 or 6, dont remember now.

What it all comes down to is no backward compatibility starting at nodejs 4 ( I tried nodejs 4 )

I stated earlier that maybe the developers got tired of coding and not getting something back from pool.

One of the live pools i looked at had a statement they were using a heavily modified version. Which to means they updated the code in some part.

Thanks for the update, aprreciated.
Kr2017

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:42:23 AM

Any news about progress on this coin ? Have developer team showed up ?
walerikus

Activity: 180
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:14:33 PM

Are the dev back?
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:00:35 AM

Are the dev back?

No the Dev has not been active for almost a year Jan-13-17 in his profile was last time they were active

I created this thread
https://bytecointalk.org/showthread.php?tid=1218

and this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2622444.0

And will be launching a series of Town based Cryptonotes, and would like to work with other Cryptonote creators.

I would like to see old coins from before 2016 be reinvented and I think that your skill could be used for future DigitalNote development, maybe others that support this coin could also come together and work on future improvements, could try

immakingacoin I know this coin could be a very good community tool and has a large base of users that are familiar with it so maybe you could put some effort into turning this into the future? PM me I know some resources that would get involved if they have a good programmer behind them.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
hardminer

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:56:56 AM

Interestingly, I am currently mining and transferring to a wallet on the exchange like Bittrex,  that I want to have my own wallet to store as a long-term investment.
Thanks Dev Team

[/quote]

Wallet is a full network node node. It will make XDN P2P network grow very fast. In near release we will implement a miner from an old XDN wallet. So any user will be able to mine XDN with new wallet on pool. Messages are instant, as well as transactions notifications. You can see transaction, before it is included in block.
[/quote]

babybonoba

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:04:41 AM

dNote (dev) and the community had moved to other channels last year, dNote doesn't post here and hasn't for a year because there are too many trolls, etc.  There are 2 Ryvers, Discord, Facebook communities.  I'm not going to say I can speak for main dev but he was definitely around last year and I talked with him multiple times along with many others.  He is infamous for working silently and returning when able/necessary, historically.  He could also be Satoshi's dead cousin for all we know Cheesy, but hey look at bitcoin, look at the tech.

Can you imagine if someone like Julian Assange started using DigitalNote?  Anybody could send WikiLeaks encrypted, anonymous, untraceable leaks, anytime, 24/7, from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection available.  The tech has serious implications, and honestly doesn't need that much maintenance at its core as it remains.  Two potential things we could consider for the protocol is the addition of "Proof of Activity" and maybe lowering fees.  Other than that there are always end user projects unrelated to the core like mobile wallets or "leaking clients" and maybe a fresh wallet.  These are all things the community can work on over time, though.

A few of us were talking and we were thinking maybe we could create a fund at some point for interested community devs to tackle prioritized objectives for XDN.  For example there was a working open source pool code that many pool sites were using for DigitalNote and it needs to be updated for last year's XDN block format improvements.  It's the same pool code that most of the monero pools use, it just needs to be updated: https://github.com/xdn-project/cryptonote-universal-pool  
mjg-1

Activity: 166
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:04:00 AM

dNote (dev) and the community had moved to other channels last year, dNote doesn't post here and hasn't for a year because there are too many trolls, etc.  There are 2 Ryvers, Discord, Facebook communities.  I'm not going to say I can speak for main dev but he was definitely around last year and I talked with him multiple times along with many others.  He is infamous for working silently and returning when able/necessary, historically.  He could also be Satoshi's dead cousin for all we know Cheesy, but hey look at bitcoin, look at the tech.

Can you imagine if someone like Julian Assange started using DigitalNote?  Anybody could send WikiLeaks encrypted, anonymous, untraceable leaks, anytime, 24/7, from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection available.  The tech has serious implications, and honestly doesn't need that much maintenance at its core as it remains.  Two potential things we could consider for the protocol is the addition of "Proof of Activity" and maybe lowering fees.  Other than that there are always end user projects unrelated to the core like mobile wallets or "leaking clients" and maybe a fresh wallet.  These are all things the community can work on over time, though.

A few of us were talking and we were thinking maybe we could create a fund at some point for interested community devs to tackle prioritized objectives for XDN.  For example there was a working open source pool code that many pool sites were using for DigitalNote and it needs to be updated for last year's XDN block format improvements.  It's the same pool code that most of the monero pools use, it just needs to be updated: https://github.com/xdn-project/cryptonote-universal-pool  

Hi!
It would be easier to say that the project was abandoned.
The reasons are unknown, but I think they are not far away
from what Vitalik said lately.
I think the offer to invite the developers to continue their work still exists, but
nobody does it because the price could go down.
Nicor

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:51:02 PM

More than that one project is used (imported from github during compile) and all needs to be rewritten, not an easy update. Would be very time consuming.
cromex

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:58:34 PM

good but work towards having xdn manage the fund so that all users can vote on projects that way it has a life of its own. Funds should be release base on the percentage of the proposed project completed.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:02:07 PM

so this is a dead coin that can never go anywhere? That sucks I was starting to like it, would I be better off mining and investing in bytecoin???
ainsleyfran

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:07:16 PM

Are you going to have the maximum transaction fee fixed?
JohnPS

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:25:59 PM

Coin is pumpin 350satoshi  Shocked

Any interesting news?
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:28:32 PM

Coin is pumpin 350satoshi  Shocked

Any interesting news?

The question is, will xdn be pumped till 300 sat again or not?

When I look at the charts, it looks like accumulating time, after this we may see it pass the 400. Even today when someone dumped XDN due to BTC value increase, it's recovering nicely.

Love my XDN

Just take a look at some previous posts

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:32:25 PM

A huge pump and dump group in telegram has projected 1400+ sats for xdn in the upcoming weeks. The group has 33k members.
JohnPS

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:39:35 PM

A huge pump and dump group in telegram has projected 1400+ sats for xdn in the upcoming weeks. The group has 33k members.

So buy XDN?
CryptoMonitorBot

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Crypto Monitoring Bot is life =)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:06:25 PM

Devs might not work anymore.. but this coin is great.

Sync is so quick! Fees are low.
Mining is working from the Wallet.

Got also encrypted messages.
Listed on Bittrex..

This coin only need adoption. Use it !  Smiley

CryptoMonitor.tech 🔹 Telegram Bot 🔹 Alerts 🔹 MultiConverter 🔹 BittrexTicker 🔹 Wallet checker
andrei1982

Activity: 462

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:39:21 PM

where can i find the group to check the info?  seems like a fairy tail honestly
Kassolari

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:37:02 AM

It is on 100% in 24h.

I personally like this app and idea of encryption but such a raise should be supported with some news about the development..
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:50:44 AM

good but work towards having xdn manage the fund so that all users can vote on projects that way it has a life of its own. Funds should be release base on the percentage of the proposed project completed.

I am in, lets start with someone holding donated coins until the vote system is exclusive to those that donate - I volunteer  Tongue

Ok all jokes aside, I would be willing to donate to a developer that could produce some serious code, does anyone know of a good way to setup a fund for the development?
(must be secure)

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:24:37 AM

O..M..G.. don't fall for that....
Post the group or shut up !

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: