Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My response to the community  (Read 17766 times)
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:47:01 PM

Can anyone explain to me what this BET was?  I've been gone for a while.. seems like I missed something.

Huh
There was this ponzi scheme ran by some guy who went under the name pirateat40... things were falling apart (like they always do in the end with ponzi schemes) and then matthew all of sudden makes a bet: pirate will pay all he has promised.

The bet condition was 100% match, so if you bet 10 btc you'll get 10 btc, if you lose you'll lose 10 btc.

He had set the maximum amount of bets to 10k BTC and after reaching this amount he would close for bets. There was a lot of speculation as to why he did this, I personally started out thinking he was just nuts and actually believed pirate would pay. Although sceptical I figured he could have 10k... based on his history he didn't strike me as a scammer...

Then what happended is people started to hedge by buying up pirate debt bonds and betting etc...

Anyways time dragged on and it became more and more obvious pirate would never pay... at this point matthew just blew his limit and decided to take in massive amounts of silly bets until the amount reached 80k + BTC.

....And then the date came, where he lost the bet.

People felt cheated... he left after this long rant only to return a few months later...

As far as I know he hasn't paid anyone yet, guess time will tell if there is any integrity in matthew or just empty words.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 12:21:52 AM

Oh okay... so if people in north korea don't like how the country is run they can just move. Makes sense, except from that part where they are being shot while crossing the border. Smiley But hey, if they don't like getting shot in the back while moving they will always have the FREEDOM to shut the fuck up and do as they're told. Smiley

First you didn't like the law, then you visited gays in Iran, next you jump to North Korea. Seems like you're one of these guys that discuss just for the sake of discussing. I really don't have anything more to add. We all know what's north korea is like..
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 03:59:48 AM

We all know what's north korea is like..

The best korea?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:10:07 AM

Oh okay... so if people in north korea don't like how the country is run they can just move. Makes sense, except from that part where they are being shot while crossing the border. Smiley But hey, if they don't like getting shot in the back while moving they will always have the FREEDOM to shut the fuck up and do as they're told. Smiley

First you didn't like the law, then you visited gays in Iran, next you jump to North Korea. Seems like you're one of these guys that discuss just for the sake of discussing. I really don't have anything more to add. We all know what's north korea is like..
This is a typical Ad Hominem attack often used when pushed into a corner where one is unable to defend ones illogical position.

I just demostrated very clearly by showing you a concrete, real world example of a place where you are not allowed to just "move", this invalidates all your previous arguments and if you are looking for a serious discussion you need to address this flaw in your reasoning before you can continue.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:10:32 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 10:19:30 PM by Maged

This is a typical Ad Hominem attack often used when pushed into a corner where one is unable to defend ones illogical position.

I never participate in a discussion to 'win'. After all this is about Matthew, right ?

Let's continue on topic!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: