Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152989 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:32:36 PM

Can't wait to get my hand on the new BTS client.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:19:04 PM

I like the approach and the vision of bts...but it has had one of the slowest most memory hungry  software clients I have ever used. (windows download version)

Please come up with an online trading interface that is smooth, fast, secure and reliable. (like rippletrade?) I know that an unofficial one has been in the betaworks, and ive tested it, not too bad.

When you do have a reliable wallet/trading interface, let me know...as I really like the bitshares concept.

H.
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:25:51 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 12:27:35 AM by StanLarimer

I like the approach and the vision of bts...but it has had one of the slowest most memory hungry  software clients I have ever used. (windows download version)

Please come up with an online trading interface that is smooth, fast, secure and reliable. (like rippletrade?) I know that an unofficial one has been in the betaworks, and ive tested it, not too bad.

When you do have a reliable wallet/trading interface, let me know...as I really like the bitshares concept.

H.

You are about to see a Cambrian Explosion of better and better wallets and other interfaces of all kinds.  That is because BitShares 2.0 provides incentives for third party developers with a share of the profits from every account their gorgeous new interface is used to create.  (!)

Referral Rewards Program

This means that the ultimate winner of the most popular interface competition could take home a lion's share of all BitShares revenue.  (!!)

Yes we have our own cleaner wallets, including very lightweight wallets, getting ready for release with the upgrade.  
Yes we have greatly optimized the memory usage with the new industrial grade software from Crytonomex.  
But the biggest thing we have added is huge incentives to attract third party talent and innovation.

... and that should make all the difference.

One example is BitSapphire.  Their Moonstone wallet will support both Bitcoin and BitShares in one integrated interface (plus a whole lot more cool features described in interviews below).  THAT's the kind of innovation we expect to explode.  

Max Wright's Moonstone interview

Let's Talk Bitcoin Moonstone interview
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:51:50 PM

From Yahoo Finance:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptonomex-inc-introduces-smartchain-technology-150700879.html
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:06:40 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 12:23:37 AM by StanLarimer

Here's the latest Max Wright interview of Dan Larimer about BitShares 2.0...

The BitShares 2.0 High Performance Engine

Just five minutes in a daily series of interviews about each new feature coming one a day for 7 days.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:38:46 AM

Did I mention Dynamic Account Permissions?

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain..."

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:44:08 AM

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:07:48 AM

Why not join forces with NXT and create a even better platform together instead of competing head on? Clearly nxt is leading on the 2.0 front. Why waste resources when you can work together.

God... no.  Don't attach this timebomb to NXT.

Olive branch anyone?

Smiley

Nice try Chairman Stanlin, but some of us are on to your schemes of communist crypto domination.

TOTAL WAR AGAINST ALL THE CENTRALIZING CORPORATIST/COMMUNIST CONSPIRATORS!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:10:56 PM

Shortly after our (first) Big Announcement on Monday, Bytemaster held a live global town-hall meeting to answer everyone's questions.  It went on for two hours.  Here's Part 2:

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:17:13 PM

i don't know the full story of bitshares. can someone elaborate? i just know it was rebranded from protoshares right? also a question to why?

honestly they seem to have unique properties in a coin. but it seems they are targeting mainly financial applications that has to do with trading.

everyone keeps saying they are comminist type coin. can some one explain that or why it is not?
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:53:11 PM

i don't know the full story of bitshares. can someone elaborate? i just know it was rebranded from protoshares right? also a question to why?

Here is a link about the Origin of BitShares.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14019.msg182300#msg182300

everyone keeps saying they are comminist type coin. can some one explain that or why it is not?

I believe you should do your own research(You have a lot of reading to do Smiley) and stop listening to "everyone".

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:19:09 PM

If you want to ask Dan Larimer your own questions in front of a live global audience, you can do so every Friday at 10 am EDT.

This Hangout is w/ Bytemaster of BitShares SuperDAC

Please ask questions here.  

Follow the twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin
Retweet This Week's Hangout [ANN]!

Or better yet--Join us!  For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:35:17 PM

I like the approach and the vision of bts...but it has had one of the slowest most memory hungry  software clients I have ever used. (windows download version)

H.

I completely agree with this.  I had trouble running it on my machine, and couldnt run anything else at the same time.  If 2.0 fixes this issue (which it claims it will, it seems), that would be a big deal.  It would become far more usable.

Even better, if I could access it purely in a web browser and trade bitAssets from there without needing a client, it would be amazing. 
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:43:44 PM

By 'everyone' I guess you mean DecentralizedEconomics.  He has some irrational hatred of Bitshares for some reason, maybe because its a competitor to NXT.  Personally I find it smarter to buy both NXT and Bitshares and hedge my bets.

Bitshares is like a corporate governance system, things are controlled by shareholder vote.  Who gets to produce blocks is decided by shareholder vote, parameters of the system are decided by shareholder vote, etc.  I don't see how a corporation could be considered 'communist'.  If corporation and communism mean the same thing to you, which they apparently do to DecentralizedEconomics, then you are using different word definitions than the rest of us.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:01:08 PM

H.

I completely agree with this.  I had trouble running it on my machine, and couldnt run anything else at the same time.  If 2.0 fixes this issue (which it claims it will, it seems), that would be a big deal.  It would become far more usable.

Even better, if I could access it purely in a web browser and trade bitAssets from there without needing a client, it would be amazing. 

This very summer your wishes will come true!
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:04:13 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:47:32 PM by StanLarimer

Here's installment 2 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic,  

The BitShares 2.0 Referral Program

Enjoy!
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:24:07 PM

Here's installment 2 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic, 

Enjoy!

Hi Stan,

That link goes to the pink poof gif?
Cheesy

H.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:44:01 PM

This stuff is starting to sound interesting enough that it might even be time to go digging around in old archives looking for those Protoshares wallets that we were all mining into long long ago that purportedly were going to give us all shares of all these new developments.

Is there some kind of import functionality in one of these new wallets whereby once we manage to find our Protoshares wallets we can tell these new wallets the filepaths to our Protoshares wallets and have them import or whatever it is that they do to get our appropriate shares?

I seem to recall though some flurry of noise/rumour some time back claiming that the developers had done some kind of ripoff or dilution or breach of agreement or something so that maybe our Protoshares are not actually worth much if anything anymore? The percentage they were supposed to be of the new chain(s) was changed or something maybe?

It was all kind of hard to follow, let alone to figure out which was trolls and which was genuine bad faith by the developers, or even whether in fact any dilution did actually occur.

Which is why it seemed best to just archive all the wallets until some future time when things became clearer and some clear path to moving forward to the newest systems emerged...

Has that time come yet?

Have Protoshares (or more correctly, the value they give in all the later chains derived from them / following them) finally become worth enough that it might be worth someone's while to look into moving forward with them into the new systems?

-MarkM-

PTS were part of the fundraising for the dev team to basically complete BTS 2.0 as it stands today... hence the celebratory thread. There is a new PTS version out that i believe sharedrops pts 1.0 with a semi active team (not related to any of the bts devs)... you can import your PTS key into bitshares wallet to recieve your bitshares.

The dilution was the ability to hire devs by the blockchain via consensus voting through the wallet. Remember being paid to write in DevCoin? Think of this as a way to hire/fire people in a more decentralized way. The reason some people hated it was because it diluted the original 2 billion max to be able to fund marketing/developers by making them block-signee delegates (n of m oracles). With BTS 2.0 the number of "workers" becomes variable based on the consensus voting mechanism to reduce/increase dilution as the market sees fit. If the market wants more R&D it can bring in more workers who are willing to stand up and work or code or market or whatever brings in added value to the system.

I believe the right step was taken to allow to "hire via blockchain" and now the final pieces are put together to variably add/remove delegates.

Mark, please head over to bitsharestalk.org and make yourself an account. Some interesting discussions there that can use your valuable input.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:46:19 PM

H.

I think the push is towards a web wallet that is fast and easy to use (think counterwallet.io) and thus for avg joe's becomes not a barrier of entry.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:48:25 PM

Today's topic, 

Enjoy!

Hi Stan,

That link goes to the pink poof gif?
Cheesy

H.

Ooops.  Rats.  Thanks!  https://youtu.be/HY51oQWEwKQ?list=PLjgfpSQFJTLoR_CpYDBZMQ8hUSxKSflAF
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: