Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152989 times)
Chew Kok

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:09:12 AM

Now your (did it again for you) just being plain RUDE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:29:00 AM

And people wonder why BTS never had an official bitcointalk thread...

If anyone out there is still reading this nonsense, please head over to bitsharestalk.org to get a clearer view of what BTS is and is trying to accomplish. Do your own research, then decide for yourself whether or not this is a project worth investing in. Don't let others do the thinking for you.
Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:31:09 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 10:51:21 AM by Chew Kok

You understand DE? You're (did it again) tribalism is corrosive! HYPOCRITE!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:49:00 PM

"Safer than a Swiss Bank"

I don't believe this was ever used in a public ad campaign (yet).  We did discuss its merits with folks on bitsharestalk.org and on this forum as we often do.  I seem to remember that at one point our web site did have a picture of a bank vault with a phrase something like "be your own bank".  

As many people can attest, I hate liars and the only thing I hate more than a liar is a liar who lies to make money.  Those type of liars are the absolute scum of the earth.  Now, somebody here is a no good, worthless liar.  Either you're a liar or I, Patrick J Byrne and ThomasVeil are liars.  I'll let everyone here decide for themselves who the liar is.

Being the "President and Chief Operating Officer", you certainly seem to be using this "proposed" slogan in an official capacity.  I could have sworn that I saw this "proposed" slogan on the front page of Bitshares.org too.  I'm not the only one either who remembers you using this "proposed" slogan.  The great Preston J Byrne who so eloquently explained Bitsnares also remembers.

I hope that was some kind of joke from him. That quote was on their front-page for a year or so.

BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)

----------------------------

If you can prove the quote did appear on our web site then I will simply say, "Oh, good, I was wondering why such a great slogan hadn't been used yet."

Please.... Lol... Give it a rest.  You know as well as I do and everyone else that visited YOUR website that "Safer than a Swiss Bank" was plastered on the main page in, imo, an attempt to give unwitting individuals a false sense of confidence in Bitshares.  You're a real piece of work.
Dude give it up.. Ur acting like a troll now is that really what you think of yourself? To each his own you've ssid your piece now move on.

Never.  I've been scammed before and I hate seeing other people get scammed.  If I prevent just one person from falling for this scam, then I've done my duty.
No your making excuses to yourself.. You really are a troll. It must reflect in your real life relationships seeing the way you present yourself here. Again you made your point move on.. I'm not sure why people tend to be so abnoxious on forums who are seemingly great people otherwise? Maybe the truth comes out when they try to be Internet superheros...
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:33:42 PM

You love Ron Paul, but not his principles?  Huh Hmmmmm. Guess that makes you a... wait for it... wait... all most there... just one more... HYPOCRITE!

Who says I "love Ron Paul"?

Your my only friend DE!
Now your (did it again for you) just being plain RUDE!
You understand DE? You're (did it again) tribalism is corrosive! HYPOCRITE!

It's obvious that you've never been "tested".  That's ok though.  You're still smarter than Stan and all the other BTS scammers combined.

Also, DE and the other haters are known BitShare holders who want to get back in at cheaper prices.  That's why they obsess over BitShares.  it's not because they like you or want to help you.  They just tell you that to make you feel good about yourself.

Yep.  That's it.  You caught me.  I'm waiting to buy back in at 0.00000000 BTC.

I'm sure Stan would be willing to post his personal BTC address so if there are any remaining morons out there that missed this wonderful investment opportunity, they can just send their BTC to him directly.

Protip: Stan don't lie about your BTC address or you won't get the money.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:33:58 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 11:57:01 PM by Chew Kok

DE, I omitted the apostrophe because I was trying to... Oh forget it! Fuck you're thicker than a Colorado pine! It took you 2 months to figure out I wasn't TaunSewer! As far as Uncle Ronny is concerned? We all know you have a man crush on him, so denying it only exposes the fact that you are a Liar, and a HYPOCRITE! Libertarian? don't make me laugh! You have no clue of who and what you are.

So when is this EPIC WAR? I have a ton of material 2kool4skewl! You will be gagging from Chew N Kok when I am done with you. Shocked

StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:58:28 PM

Um, moving right along...

In other news, the Muse blockchain (music and artist shares) just announced that it will be adopting the Cryptonomex GrapheneTM software used in BitShares 2.0.  

They qualified for a license because of their generous sharedrop on the BitShares community and because we like them.

Here's what their tech lead, cob, just posted on our forum:

Hi everyone!

I updated the forums yesterday with a 30 000 foot view of the inner workings of PeerTracks. A few of you had time to read through it and even comment on it. Well, our legal team urged us to take it down, as it was “suicide at a time like this!”
After having been at MIDEM and getting our name out there, more then a couple of our competitors must be watching us very closely… especially their tech/innovation departments.

I thought I’d turn this into good news and get you guys a general road map for the few months to come! Legal team is fine with us disclosing our road map, just not details on the functionality of it all.

We are currently testing and will be launching a consumer-facing product very soon!

That’s right, despite all the hurdles we’ve face since early 2014, we finally have the finish line in sight.
Like everyone else in this space, Bitcoin’s drop in price hit us hard. BTC declined from the 400 levels to about where we sit today at the 230 levels accounting for about a 50% drop.
Then there were legal fees of course and plenty of consulting fees.
We also thought BitShares would be good enough for us to use this February… That delayed us quite a bit as well.

Luckily everything appears to be working out amazingly.
We hired Nikolai (Toast) a few months back and he has been a great help so far.
We have the PeerTracks CEO who’s always willing to throw in an infusion of capital if ever the need arises. Just like he did in Feb 2014 when he put in 50k from his own pocket! That’s how confident he is in the project. So rest assured that our finances can take us all the way to launch (:
And finally, more good news, Cryptonomex released Graphene with perfect timing and it appears to blow everything out there out of the water!
Issues just seem to work themselves out and we are much more robust and better off after every hurdle.

We also wanted to take this time to clear up any confusion regarding the scope of the project.  Hop on the time machine friends!
Before PeerTracks was even named, it was suggested that we get a consumer facing front-end built and use a simple fork of BitShares to plug into it. I fished out the thread and the exact post that kicked me into actually implementing the idea of doing something with BitShares and Music:

Ok... here's the deal, I want your site created and I want it to use my Radio DAC as the back-end.  

If you can find a team and start building the website I would fund the backend DAC.   This is actually a great proposal for a Shark Tank competition.  

You combine your website with the radio station / juke box and you will have a viral system that could give Pandora a run for its money.

Now the project has evolved (IMMENSELY!) since then; we are no longer simply forking BitShares but building a more music industry specific blockchain. Meaning there will be both a unique blockchain and a front-end website bringing it (and Notes!) value from launch.

So where does the music project stand now?

The blockchain that was originally referred to as BitShares Music is now called Muse.
The Muse blockchain will be released in stages.

Prelude
Our private beta implementation is called Prelude. This is what the PeerTracks.com platform is connected to right now. It is invite-only to a small number of each type of user: artist, content manager, music listener, trader and advertiser.  We encourage any Note holders to submit bands or any performing artist for consideration.

Prelude is implemented as a dynamic contract system in Solidity, meaning it can run on any EVM blockchain. This approach allowed us to reach the prototype and testing phase much faster.
Notes are not on Prelude and the USDs are not actual BitUSDs, but merely crypto-tokens that represent crypto-USD for testing purposes. Also, Prelude is not scalable for millions of users.

Prelude is available NOW for developers only.

Muse
Muse will be the real deal. It will be built from the Graphene tool kit and so have all the features BitShares 2.0 will have; 100 000 transactions per second, scalable to millions of users, a web wallet from the get go and a solid market engine with it’s own USD smartcoin.
Notes are the underlying unit of the Muse blockchain. Muse is a system secured by delegated proof-of-stake, meaning there is a single global database state that is operated in a decentralized manner and is controlled by owners of Notes. Modifying the database consumes Notes, and so demand for Notes is tied to demand for being able to modify this database.

As far as timelines go, expect Muse to launch less than a month after BitShares 2.0
We will most likely be contracting Cryptonomex to make a few tweaks to Muse in order to take advantage of their expertise in Graphene.

During that time, we will have had 60 days of user testing on PeerTracks using Prelude. The basic front-end platform that is PeerTracks is essential to test out the blockchain and how non-crypto users interact with it. This basic version of PeerTracks is the springboard that will catapult Muse/Notes to the very top of coinmarketcap.com. It will also act as a use case for blockchains and be a model for other companies to plug into Muse.
At that point, Muse will be it’s own entity with it’s own delegates, witnesses and workers, totally in control of the Note holders.
PeerTracks wanting to stay competitive, will most likely seek funding through traditional methods and seek to be the most dominant music service on the planet.

It’s going to be a great summer!
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:00:10 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 08:07:16 PM by StanLarimer

Here's installment 4 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic,  

Hierarchical Multi-Sig Accounts

Enjoy!
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:17:19 AM

The actual quote on bitshares.org was "Better than a Swiss bank account". It was there for a quite a while.
I don't actually care so much about marketing speech - I just find it funny that this is unkown to Bitshares peeps themselves.
Anyways - good luck with your 2.0. I'll just keep watching (skeptically) from the outside - as it's an interesting different approach.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:53:03 AM

The actual quote on bitshares.org was "Better than a Swiss bank account". It was there for a quite a while.
I don't actually care so much about marketing speech - I just find it funny that this is unkown to Bitshares peeps themselves.
Anyways - good luck with your 2.0. I'll just keep watching (skeptically) from the outside - as it's an interesting different approach.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Like I said, we're a decentralized bunch and we've had something like six or eight web sites in the past two years each run by committee.
(And of course I've got a mind like a steel sieve.)

The good news is, even if you are yet to be convinced that its "safer" there can be no doubt that it is certainly "better."

Smiley

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:32:16 AM

DE, I omitted the apostrophe because I was trying to... Oh forget it! Fuck you're thicker than a Colorado pine! It took you 2 months to figure out I wasn't TaunSewer! As far as Uncle Ronny is concerned? We all know you have a man crush on him, so denying it only exposes the fact that you are a Liar, and a HYPOCRITE! Libertarian? don't make me laugh! You have no clue of who and what you are.

So when is this EPIC WAR? I have a ton of material 2kool4skewl! You will be gagging from *censored* when I am done with you. Shocked

Yeah, I know you omitted the first apostrophe because you're an idiot and then tried to brush off the fact that you proved your inferiority by joking about it.  You ARE TaunSew / UtopianFuture.  Do you really think you can outsmart me?  I think you have the "man crush" on Ronny.

Seriously, I don't know who is worse... You for your filthy degenerate mouth or Stan.  Right now, I'm ranking you just above Stan due to your moral character and mastery in elocution.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:04:31 AM

Like I said, we're a decentralized bunch and we've had something like six or eight web sites in the past two years each run by committee.
(And of course I've got a mind like a steel sieve.)

Hahaha... Being the "President and Chief Operating Officer", I think you would have some say in what appeared on your website.

The good news is, even if you are yet to be convinced that its "safer" there can be no doubt that it is certainly "better."

Smiley

Yes... Yes, there can be doubt that it is "better".  Trust me, it's worse, much, much worse.  As a Bitcointalk member said once, "Be proud because at this point you're basically stealing from the mentally retarded."

Chew Kok

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:58:13 AM

I am scratching my head a little at this.  Why would they wan tto use ripple, a fairly obscure crypto instead of one with a higher market cap such as litecoin or bitcoin?  Maybe Taun is correct and it is just a pump and dump.  If so not a bad time to put a few pennies in I guess, but its easy to get burned if you are not careful.

Ripple has been around since 2004 and if something couldn't take off after 10 years, it probably never will.  It's another MaidSafe, one of those vaporware scams which promises the moon and earth to their investors and then proceeds to live off said investors' money - very lucrative game.

In Ripple's case, if you look back years, you'ld know that they're nothing but serial liars.  Like they made the claim for the longest time of exclusive relationship with 'big banks' but it turns out they were referring to Fidor (which isn't really big big) and Fidor was actually pro-BTC, not pro-Ripple, and today Fidor does nothing with Ripple anymore and instead partnered with Kraken.

For this Australian bank thing, as much Coindesk likes to construe reality, it was probably some 2 hour tech demo to some bored middle manager who has since forgotten about the tech demo.   Cheesy  That doesn't matter though, as the intent is just pump and dump with articles promising the moon and earth and Ripple has been master at this since 2012.

TaunSewer/UtopianFuture calling Ripple a bunch of serial liars? This place never ceases to amaze me! Once again, one of the biggest Cretins in the madhouse throwing rocks from his glass cell. Whats more pathetic... Ripple, or you guys hoping your shitcoins will attract some institutional investor?  Roll Eyes

I can't outsmart you DE? ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT? So when someone presents you with irrefutable facts, you still are unable to change your position? If you can't use basic logic to interpret something as elementary as this, then how can you be trusted with other issues such as investing? What is my motivation for arguing with myself?

You pawn yourself off as a Libertarian, in yet you have no concept about the basic tenants of libertarianism. Which makes you ignorant at best, or a hypocrite. Which is it? Whats worse? Someone who makes a grammatical error, or someone who misrepresents himself?

i don't know the full story of bitshares. can someone elaborate? i just know it was rebranded from protoshares right? also a question to why?

honestly they seem to have unique properties in a coin. but it seems they are targeting mainly financial applications that has to do with trading.

everyone keeps saying they are comminist type coin. can some one explain that or why it is not?

The only idiot that says its a communist coin is that NXT shill idiot DecentralisedEconomics. Apparently he does the same thing in the NXT thread.

His own community thinks he's a joke, why would we take him serious?

Says the NEMwit Communist.

NEM? NEM is shit! Oh... you still think I am TaunSewer? Yeah, I can see how you would get confused, especially when I called him a fucking cretin. Let me guess, I had the conversation with myself? Wow! You see conspiracies everywhere! like I said... everybody thinks you are a fuckin idiot, including your own community.

Yeah UtopianFuture/TaunSew, I know you always viewed NEM as a worthless crypto that you only used to scam innocent victims.  I don't care if everybody "thinks" I'm an "idiot". I have the official tests that prove otherwise.

Someone needs some validation? Is that why you are so boisterous? Didn't get enough attention from mommy? Well thousands of people are reading this and I am pretty sure they are thinking two things. Chew N Kok is an asshole, and DecentralisedEconomics is a fuckin joke!

Now for the clincher. I created this account for one reason and one reason only. To go after you! That's right! I am a BTS supporter, and you couldn't put it together. Shocked Think about it? I slag SDC, XC, MONERO, DASH, NXT, NEM, XRP, but never BTS. Does TaunSewer like BTS? No he doesnt, but you being the certified Genius couldn't figure it out?

I have accomplished what I set out to do. To show these folks what a complete imbecile you really are. Stan has never lowered himself to your standards, that was my job!
I am an idiot, but I still outsmarted you. What does that make you?

One last thing... Hey DE, How do you like them apples? Grin
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:04:33 AM

I am a BTS supporter

I'm not surprised.  You're the calibre of individual they seem to draw.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:16:19 AM

I distinctly remember seeing "Safer than a Swiss Bank" on their site, but it's entirely possible they had "Better than a Swiss bank account" also on their site.  Patrick J Byrne remembers "Safer than a Swiss Bank" also.  Stan is certainly no stranger to the phrase either.

BitShares. 
Safer than a Swiss Bank. 
(Ask me why!)

Chew Kok

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:39:29 AM

I am a BTS supporter

I'm not surprised.  You're the calibre of individual they seem to draw.

You mean the type that can outsmart you? 
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:14:45 PM

I'm a strong advocate of the slogan for the reasons I've stated below.
But I'll leave that up to our very decentralized PR and marketing department.
Each of them has a very different view about what communicates best to very different demographics.
It doesn't surprise me that what is compelling to one group might be off-putting to another.
I'll stick to wandering the forums on clean-up duty...

Heh, I remember as a kid hearing my mother hum the jingle to this famous ad as she did the laundry:

(Hint:  It's the last four notes in the 1968 classic rock song "Touch me" by the Doors.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bKSqKpdEFI

Funny, I don't remember her ever telling my dad that

1.  "The tensile strength of this soap powder far exceeds that of dirt."
2.  "This detergent's oder is far more powerful than the smell of your work socks."
3.  "Did you know that Ajax can do the same thing as Atlas -- without shrugging?"

So, from nearly sixty years of training in front of the old boob tube, I've become an expert a recognizing the purpose of a good advertising slogan.

If you can get people to ask, "Oh really?  In what way exactly is Ajax stronger than dirt?", then you have solved half the marketing battle.

So, if we can get the ordinary, non-crypto-aware consumer to ask a similar question, "Oh really, In what way exactly is BitShares safer than a Swiss Bank?" than we will have done our marketing job.

So, I would appreciate it if you would continue to complain everywhere you can about my favorite marketing slogan.  I'd like to see everyone's mother humming that jingle on the way to collect her yield on her unconfiscatable, unrehypothicatable, un-bail-in-able, uninflatable and unbetrayable savings.

BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:06:42 PM

Here's installment 5 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic,  

User Issued Assets

A detailed written explanation can be found here:

https://bitshares.org/technology/user-issued-assets/

Enjoy!

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:29:25 PM

Hello Everyone,

Here's two links to the whole Monday Special Mumble DEV Chat session with Bytemaster announcing the new BitShares 2.0
This was a 2hr Hangout, so I've broken it down into two 1hr segments.
Hope you enjoy!

PART 1 - https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/pt1-beyond-bitcoin-ann-of-btsv2-06-09-2015-dev-hangout-s3

PART 2 - https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/pt2-beyond-bitcoin-ann-of-btsv2-06-09-2015-dev-hangout-s3
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 07:26:11 PM

Let's Talk Bitcoin - Adam B. Levine interviews Daniel Larimer about BitShares 2.0

Episode 223 - Some Other Castle
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: