Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support switching Bitcoin over to Hearn's XT alt with it's exponential bloat by the first of the year 2016?
Fuck No! - 55 (43%)
Hell Yeah! - 73 (57%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP. [NooNooPol]  (Read 15267 times)
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:43:44 AM

Cypher I told you you will get #REKT...

You're the one getting rekt and don't even know it, lol.
XT continuing to ramp. 848!

theymos:

Satoshi definitely intended to increase the hard max block size. See:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1347.0

I believe that Satoshi expected most people to use some sort of lightweight node, with only companies and true enthusiasts being full nodes. Mike Hearn's view is similar to Satoshi's view.

I strongly disagree with the idea that changing the max block size is a violation of the "Bitcoin currency guarantees". Satoshi said that the max block size could be increased, and the max block size is never mentioned in any of the standard descriptions of the Bitcoin system.

IMO Mike Hearn's plan would probably work. The market/community would find a way to pay for the network's security, and it would be easy enough to become a full node that the currency wouldn't be at risk. The max block size would not truly be unlimited, since miners would always need to produce blocks that the vast majority of full nodes and other miners would be able and willing to process in a reasonable amount of time.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140233.msg1492629#msg1492629

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:50:34 AM

your powers of projection are becoming insanely good, almost as good as your infomercial shilling skills.
http://www.econotimes.com/Federal-Judge-approves-fraud-claims-against-HashFast-77641

sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 12:05:23 PM

your powers of projection are becoming insanely good, almost as good as your infomercial shilling skills.
http://www.econotimes.com/Federal-Judge-approves-fraud-claims-against-HashFast-77641

Huh  That article says the judge dismissed the personal claim. 

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:32:09 PM

Your powers of desperately trying to tie any of this to the Blockstream scam is ridiculous. You're dev-child:

However, the judge dismissed claims against Simon Barber, stating:"With regard to restitution against Barber individually, plaintiff contends that Barber personally benefitted from the unlawful business practices by taking salary bonuses from the proceeds received on undelivered BabyJet orders," Judge Davila said. "Again, although the allegations may ultimately prove untrue, that determination must wait for another day."
Read more at http://www.econotimes.com/Federal-Judge-approves-fraud-claims-against-HashFast-77641#AozrxV2Xvtg04s3z.99
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:21:20 PM

Yikes!  If I'd made a ton shilling for something which is shaping up to be very possibly a fraud in the eyes of the court, and I was the only person who did seem to make any money off it, I might be as cranky as the doc here.  Especially if the only money to be found was sitting in a 3000 BTC wallet under my control.  One suspects that he may have been instructed to not be moving them around to much.

I hope cypherdoc's hands don't quiver to much when he thinks about dropping the soap as he's operating on someone's eyeballs.  Now I understand 'smooth's avatar better...he's must have been one of cypherdoc's patients and it's a warning!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:20:57 PM

Wha Happened....to the original thread?
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

XT happened. thread got derailed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155952.0
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:41:59 PM

theymos via BadBear locked the thread purportedly for being "off topic".  really it was b/c we were talking about XT.

note how this thread is similarly off topic in that no one talks about gold for the most part.  it's all about pushing the Core agenda and the mods don't have any problem with that.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:43:07 PM

theymos via BadBear locked the thread purportedly for being "off topic".  really it was b/c we were talking about XT.

note how this thread is similarly off topic in that no one talks about gold for the most part.  it's all about pushing the Core agenda and the mods don't have any problem with that.

i thought forum policy is to move off-topic threads to their appropriate section.

Not lock it.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:47:35 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 04:28:09 PM by --Encrypted--

theymos via BadBear locked the thread purportedly for being "off topic".  really it was b/c we were talking about XT.

note how this thread is similarly off topic in that no one talks about gold for the most part.  it's all about pushing the Core agenda and the mods don't have any problem with that.

i thought forum policy is to move off-topic threads to their appropriate section.

Not lock it.

they did moved it to the altcoin section. but perhaps the amount of complain is unbearable and he decide to move it back and lock it. it works. no more complains.  Tongue

edit:
btw I voted wrong because I thought the bottom option is "NO". and I can't remove it.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:53:37 PM

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as "off topic" in any thread on BTT. What a bunch of horse shit.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:13:14 PM

theymos via BadBear locked the thread purportedly for being "off topic".  really it was b/c we were talking about XT.

note how this thread is similarly off topic in that no one talks about gold for the most part.  it's all about pushing the Core agenda and the mods don't have any problem with that.

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as "off topic" in any thread on BTT. What a bunch of horse shit.

i wasn't either; esp when it was my thread to begin with.  but maybe that's their problem; me being the OP.  plus, any moved thread normally leaves a courtesy notice for a day or so with the clear moniker [MOVED] attached with a link.  not this time at_all.  just vanished.  and note how pages are disappearing from the locked thread as they go thru and censor parts they don't want read.  

and just what is off topic in a thread that's lasted 4 years and has 1.45M views and 31K posts?  for the several days right before it got locked it was racking up about 7000 views per day.  that's how popular it was.  but that's the pt isn't it?  stop the popularity before it gets out of hand.

just look at the bullshit from BadBear:

The thread shouldn't have been hijacked in the first place, what a mess. The thread is mostly about XT now, and the only graphs posted are XT related.

It would be a lot of work to split or delete all the XT posts. Splitting is not easy to do in SMF, especially with large threads, and many posts to be split. So that isn't an option.

It could stay in speculation since the majority of the thread is relevant, but all XT chat from here on out to be moderated.

Might be better to just lock the thread since it's so far off track at this point.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:19:58 PM

i just went back and looked at every post in this thread.

not one post about gold.

off topic ---> lock.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:38:56 PM

i just went back and looked at every post in this thread.

not one post about gold.

off topic ---> lock.

Perhaps this thread is speculation about another thread called Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP?
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:39:25 PM

I haven't been posting much here because I'm not sure what the new rules are. 

Questions:

1.  Are we allowed to talk about non Bitcoin Core implementations of the protocol?

2.  Are we allowed to criticize the moderators?

3.  Can I post /u/raisethelimit's lasted comic?  [lol it involves a CONSENS-A-TRONTM]

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:44:06 PM

I haven't been posting much here because I'm not sure what the new rules are.  

Questions:

1.  Are we allowed to talk about non Bitcoin Core implementations of the protocol?

2.  Are we allowed to criticize the moderators?

3.  Can I post /u/raisethelimit's lasted comic?  [lol it involves a CONSENS-A-TRONTM]

Well that's just the crux of it, isn't it?  

When the rules get changed and made up by the Mods at their whim, while the existing forum guidelines are never even enforced and throwaway Troll accounts with zero activity get to be made and post inane off-topic crap daily, no one knows what the "new" rules are supposed to be.   Roll Eyes
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:38:38 PM

It's really sad and disturbing.
Beyond the decision to lock the topc which is laughable for a forum whose wealthy admins try to look like free speach advocates, BadBear is lying to justify the decision. It's sad to see such an obvious lie tell with such confidence and perkiness. I hope Bitcointalk will loss its importance.
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:56:36 PM

Gold up.  Bitcoin collapsing.

Fixed!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:05:58 PM

XT + NotXT continuing to ramp. 848!

FTFY.

Pretending 100% of self-reported node versions are genuine instead of spoofed shows us how dishonest Gavincoiners are.

Is there anything you won't do to mislead the public?

BTW:

Code:
R3KT

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:10:07 PM

XT + NotXT continuing to ramp. 848!

FTFY.

Pretending 100% of self-reported node versions are genuine instead of spoofed shows us how dishonest Gavincoiners are.

Is there anything you won't do to mislead the public?

BTW:

Code:
R3KT

thanks for posting that.

the fact that your supposed great Szabo would retweet a stupid tweet like that by btcdrak says alot.

880!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: