Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER to Donald, Patrick & Amir RE: Bitcoinica  (Read 26980 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:01:25 AM

I heard that court papers were served at the London Conference to Amir, Patrick, ect.. and Donald ran away and didn't show up for 3 days.

Can anyone confirm?

There's a post here somewhere by one of the people at the conference.  What they were presented with was the special resolution necessary to dissolve Bitcoinica and put it into liquidation voluntarily (ie, the document in the OP).  Apparently two of them just outright refused to sign (Patrick posted that he wouldn't sign it without legal advice - my response to his post stating that was that he should get his own lawyer to draft a special resolution if he didn't trust Tihan).  I think it was Donald who wasn't around when Patrick and Amir were approached to sign the paper, but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning whether he was finally presented with it.

Have they filed a response to Cartmell yet? 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 09:02:46 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2012, 05:22:15 AM by Yankee (BitInstant)

I heard that court papers were served at the London Conference to Amir, Patrick, ect.. and Donald ran away and didn't show up for 3 days.

Can anyone confirm?

There's a post here somewhere by one of the people at the conference.  What they were presented with was the special resolution necessary to dissolve Bitcoinica and put it into liquidation voluntarily (ie, the document in the OP).  Apparently two of them just outright refused to sign (Patrick posted that he wouldn't sign it without legal advice - my response to his post stating that was that he should get his own lawyer to draft a special resolution if he didn't trust Tihan).  I think it was Donald who wasn't around when Patrick and Amir were approached to sign the paper, but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning whether he was finally presented with it.

Have they filed a response to Cartmell yet?  

Not sure about your latter question.

It's really bullshit. Back in July, I met with the largest creditors (Roger, Jed, ect..) and I also met with Tihan and Patrick Strateman. to try and see if I can mediate a resolution (I have no personal or business stake in the matter- we have no money on Bitcoinica )

Patrick S. gave Roger and I his word that he would cooperate on this 100%, and that he would sign and get the others to do the same.
He sat in the cafe, looked into my eyes and gave me his word.
The letter was presented to them monts ago, and they have playing games every since. Threatening and beating around the bush.

Donald ignores everyone, Patrick acts like a child, plays games, ignores emails, and Amir is more ignorant then a pet rock.

It's a 1 page letter, that a lawyer can look over in 5 minutes, its not a difficult piece of legislation.

Tihan has been paying for all legal costs out of pocket.

Donald, Patrick, and Amir are the cause of you guys not getting your money back. They are delaying everything and constantly pushing it off.

I want to see this resolved, and have traveled to Seattle and San Francisco (I live in NY) two times thus far to meet with everyone and get this resolved.

This is probably the first time this information has come to light, and I can write pages on what has been going on the past few months.

This week, I am traveling once again to the west coast. I'm not sure what else I can do, the ball is in the court of Intersango team.

-Charlie

I think it was Donald who wasn't around when Patrick and Amir were approached to sign the paper,

Oh, Donald was there. They had to chase him around the building, and then he disappeared and didn't show up the the conference for 3 days.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
repentance

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:39:56 PM

I'd certainly hope that your lawyer is keeping you up to date on this.  Isn't there a case management conference set down for early next year?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:47:44 PM

Motion to dismiss filed 10/12/12

http://webaccess.sftc.org/Scripts/Magic94/mgrqispi94.dll?APPNAME=IJS&PRGNAME=ROA22&ARGUMENTS=-ACGC12522983
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 11:11:57 PM

I'd certainly hope that your lawyer is keeping you up to date on this.  Isn't there a case management conference set down for early next year?

Not sure, I have no money in Bitconica nor official capacity here.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

repentance

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 11:32:14 PM

My apologies.  I presumed that you must have some personal interest given the amount of effort you've put into trying to mediate this clusterfuck.  Although given that you have put in that effort and continue to do so, it would have been courteous of the parties involved to keep you informed of where things are at from a legal standpoint. 

Yolocoin

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 11:48:32 PM

Considering that Bitcoin needs new blood to grow and increase in value, one fuckup for one bitcoiner reflects as a failure of bitcoin as a whole.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 11:50:06 PM

My apologies.  I presumed that you must have some personal interest given the amount of effort you've put into trying to mediate this clusterfuck.  Although given that you have put in that effort and continue to do so, it would have been courteous of the parties involved to keep you informed of where things are at from a legal standpoint.  

No worries. I have no direct personal nor business interest in the matter. I have friends and investors that lost alot of money, this whole fiasco has made my job promoting Bitcoin to the world harder, I really want everyone paid back, this put behind us and Donald, Amir and Patrick exiled from our community as fast as possible.

I'm kept up to speed as much as legally allowed (since I have no legal interest, there are things I can't know) but since I'm friends with, have done business with, and are on good terms with most parties involved, I was looked at the neutral mediator in this situation and asked to do it.

However, I'm sorry to say that my patience is running out. Donald, Amir and Patrick are pulling my strings taking us all for a ride for their personal gain. They are the only ones to blame. Lawyers involved are on the verge of quitting, why should they have to deal with incompetent children like Donald, Amir and Patrick?

I've spent to much personal dollars on this already, I'm mentally stressed and no one is to blame except for myself as I took on this role.

The worst part is the lack of respect Donald, Amir and Patrick have for you, the community, and myself. They are sitting back, and laughing at this whole thing. They don't care about you, or your money. They don't care about Bitcoin and it's future, they only care about themselves.

Please, they don't even read this thread! You think they still give a shit?

We need to rise up against them in unity!

-Charlie

repentance

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:43:48 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2012, 05:30:52 AM by repentance

My apologies.  I presumed that you must have some personal interest given the amount of effort you've put into trying to mediate this clusterfuck.  Although given that you have put in that effort and continue to do so, it would have been courteous of the parties involved to keep you informed of where things are at from a legal standpoint.  

No worries. I have no direct personal nor business interest in the matter.

Yeah, there's so much cross-investment in Bitcoin enterprises that I sometimes lose track of who holds interests in what businesses.  I forgot that it's Roger who holds an interest in BitInstant rather than you holding one in MemoryDealers.

phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:35:14 AM

No worries. I have no direct personal nor business interest in the matter. I have friends and investors that lost alot of money, this whole fiasco has made my job promoting Bitcoin to the world harder, I really want everyone paid back, this put behind us and Donald, Amir and Patrick exiled from our community as fast as possible.

I'm kept up to speed as much as legally allowed (since I have no legal interest, there are things I can't know) but since I'm friends with, have done business with, and are on good terms with most parties involved, I was looked at the neutral mediator in this situation and asked to do it.

However, I'm sorry to say that my patience is running out. Donald, Amir and Patrick are pulling my strings taking us all for a ride for their personal gain. They are the only ones to blame. Lawyers involved are on the verge of quitting, why should they have to deal with incompetent children like Donald, Amir and Patrick?

I've spent to much personal dollars on this already, I'm mentally stressed and no one is to blame except for myself as I took on this role.

The worst part is the lack of respect Donald, Amir and Patrick have for you, the community, and myself. They are sitting back, and laughing at this whole thing. They don't care about you, or your money. They don't care about Bitcoin and it's future, they only care about themselves.

-Charlie

Roger Ver is a major investor in BitInstant citation.

Charlie has a direct financial interest in Roger Ver being paid, even at the expense of other bitcoinica customers.

Which is exactly what Roger Ver asked for

Hi Patrick,

Is it also possible to have some special consideration in regards to the return of my Bitcoins as well?
I often use them for Bitinstant to act as collateral with the different exchanges that Bitinstant works with.

If possible,  please return my 24,841.0935294 BTC to BTC address:   1EiWZECz5A5P2ZbauguHt8B9f4MxnP1dEF

Thank you all,

Roger Ver
MemoryDealers.com, Inc.
3350 Scott Blvd.
Building #32
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Phone:+1 408 486 5650
Fax: +1 408 486 5653
Email: roger@memorydealers.com
Aim: rogerkver
MSN: roger@memorydealers.com

We now accept Bitcoin!  www.bitcoin.org

For all yor networking needs visit:
http://www.memorydealers.com
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:43:04 AM

-Charlie

Charlie has a direct financial interest in Roger Ver being paid, even at the expense of other bitcoinica customers.

Hi Patrick,

Is it also possible to have some special consideration in regards to the return of my Bitcoins as well?
I often use them for Bitinstant to act as collateral with the different exchanges that Bitinstant works with.

If possible,  please return my 24,841.0935294 BTC to BTC address:   1EiWZECz5A5P2ZbauguHt8B9f4MxnP1dEF

Thank you all,

Roger Ver
MemoryDealers.com, Inc.
3350 Scott Blvd.
Building #32
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Phone:+1 408 486 5650
Fax: +1 408 486 5653
Email: roger@memorydealers.com
Aim: rogerkver
MSN: roger@memorydealers.com

We now accept Bitcoin!  www.bitcoin.org

For all yor networking needs visit:
http://www.memorydealers.com

Nice dirt.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
repentance

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:44:48 AM

Nice dirt.

It's not the first time similar stuff has come up.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ECG6JRZs-7SXFtdG1QXy1uSnM/edit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99222.msg1085617#msg1085617

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:14:17 PM

So what? These were Rogers assets, nothing to do with BitInstant

Prove it.

I have no financial interest in Roger being paid. This is his money.

This is exactly what you promised Roger and myself when I met you.

All this was prior to the stupid fuck up by Amir who posted the source code and password. All this was pre that hack.

You guys screwed up 3 times. Dont blame us.

The fact remains the same. Look at the circumstances.

Come up with a solution, but hurry up. People are waiting on their money and it's not fair.

-Charlie

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:22:41 PM

To be clear,

I offered to give up %100 of what I was owed, along with 3 other creditors so that everyone else would receive back %100 of their funds immediately.
Instead, Amir posted the source code causing additional money to be stolen,  and no one has received any of their money back yet.

Patrick (PhantomCircuit) has lied and stalled at every step of the way.
He is directly responsable for the delays,  if he would cooperate, everyone would have already had the vast majority of their money back.

He has also made personal threats against myself, and resorted to verbal insults towards his other customers.

Any legitimate businessman would not resort to such tactics.

MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:22:49 PM

How is it that phantomcircuit STILL doesn't have a scammer tag??

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
Yolocoin

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:53:13 PM

That's an excellent question.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:56:20 PM

Yes, what the fuck is wrong with this forum?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:57:07 PM

I think someone around here fucking respects him.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 06:05:54 PM

Who?

rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:51:08 PM

Who?

Genjix and phantomcircuit are not scammers.  If this was an inside job, these two people were not in on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: