Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture?  (Read 26172 times)
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:35:09 PM

Considering the new player and their claims of 60GH/s ASIC offering, then perhaps BFL's claims are not that far off?

Just saying Cheesy

"Avalon" ASIC mining machine, announcement & pre-order start.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110090.0;all

It was originally quoted (and subsequently removed) that the Avalon would mine at 60GH/s @ 600W. Who knows what the final power draw will be, but it's a far cry from BFL's 40GH/s @ 80W.

Either way, I don't care. GHs/$ is all I care about, and someone finally gave BFL a run for their money!

Yes, who gives a shit about the 600W.  With that kind of power it is really meaningless for those of us with cheap power. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 07:41:40 PM

600W is not exactly trivial... I mean, you need some really cheap power to make 600 watts, 24/7 a trivial matter.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:46:54 PM

600W is not exactly trivial... I mean, you need some really cheap power to make 600 watts, 24/7 a trivial matter.
It's an extra ~$50 per month at my house, but I might be able to move the hardware to get free electric. If that were the case, I wouldn't care.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:51:54 PM

.029 per Kw/h for me. 

Very trivial. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 08:22:55 PM

It was originally quoted (and subsequently removed) that the Avalon would mine at 60GH/s @ 600W. Who knows what the final power draw will be, but it's a far cry from BFL's 40GH/s @ 80W.

Either way, I don't care. GHs/$ is all I care about, and someone finally gave BFL a run for their money!

Yes, who gives a shit about the 600W.  With that kind of power it is really meaningless for those of us with cheap power. 

You gave the answer yourself: those who do NOT have cheap power are the ones who care.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:32:39 PM

ok time to get inaba's eyes rolling and hopefully the answers requested. lets hope this provokes him into answering.

BFL started advertising in autumn 2011, their website featured finalised product images back at those dates.

Their domain name was created in august 2009 and they published their initial design for the current layout in July 2011
as noted by many things but simply found by looking at the date in the URL of their images:
http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Mini-Rig-Face.png
July 2011 (2011/07) as just one example.

So having a finalised product over a year ago they have not yet met demand needs and move the goal posts. Strangely the only person to have successfully entered the building of BFL is the only person who's pool the new concepts are using, and who now works for them.

The only publicly released old concept models are FPGA based boards created by another company. BFL do not design microchips, circuitry, Etc. They import existing technologies and package them in shiny boxes.

Their admission that their registered company details are that of a Missouri company of similar name have been investigated and resulted in the information that shows ButterFlyLabs is not BF Labs of Missouri.

BF Labs of Missouri have government contracts to make freezing and sterilising components for the biotech/medical industry. the B stands for Biotech.

ButterFlyLabs initially developed the Monica 'BFL' to relate to the company 'BFG' who like company's such as PNY and Sapphire, etc.. Use boards/technologies created by other companies (ATI for instance).

their legality over payments by calling them 'pre-orders' as oppose to product purchases means they do not have to follow the same laws concerning refunds, as the laws that protect consumers from product purchases.

moving the goal posts with excuses such as: (not verbatim)

*we find it in the best interest of customers not to drip feed customers, allowing people to get ahead of the game but to hold stocks long enough to gather enough products to do a mass shipment so customers are on a level playing field.

plus many more hilarious excuses

They have failed to provide any trademark identifying information that substantiates their existence as a real world company.

their registered address being apartment lofts (1 bedroom, one bathroom) which was found via reverse search of telephone number. and via INABA saying he worked in a bank opposite (nice coincidence).

The BFL trademark is owned by a sheltered/emergency housing company. no patents exist.

I hope this all goes towards your decision to invest in BFL.

now lets wait for INABA to come back with my answers (to questions i gave him weeks ago) about company details, which should be public record and has no reason to hide.

please use Dox information below
http://pastebin.com/kscYYjfg

i write this only to inform users who do not yet know of BFL and to also get inaba to reply, without insults. but with credible answers.

Pause for insult replies without credible answer's

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:49:14 PM

Nice info Smiley

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 10:23:15 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 10:40:03 PM by Sitarow

now lets wait for INABA to come back with my answers (to questions i gave him weeks ago) about company details, which should be public record and has no reason to hide.

Just wanted to state that I am perfectly fine waiting until BFL's Team is comfortable with the reasons they have stated for when they will released product "equipment". EVEN if I may not be part of the initial shipped orders.

Since I have ordered the best integration of ASIC's offered by 2 companies (will be 3 on 9/23) I hope to be one of the first to see whose product we get to test first.

Edit: excluding software developers as they should be the first to get working "test" modules.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 12:19:51 AM

I honestly just can't debunk complete fabrications or "facts" that are so far removed from reality as to be almost incomprehensible as to how they could even have been related to reality in the first place.

Besides a couple of dates, everything else is basically fabricated or has a tiny grain of truth around the giant nugget of shit and I'm not about to get my hands dirty pulling all that shit apart.   Come back with some facts or grab hold of the new fad called reality and maybe we can talk.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 12:27:35 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2012, 12:42:19 AM by davidspitzer

I honestly just can't debunk complete fabrications or "facts" that are so far removed from reality as to be almost incomprehensible as to how they could even have been related to reality in the first place.

Besides a couple of dates, everything else is basically fabricated or has a tiny grain of truth around the giant nugget of shit and I'm not about to get my hands dirty pulling all that shit apart.   Come back with some facts or grab hold of the new fad called reality and maybe we can talk.

Perhaps some marketing type shots of the BFL production and office operations would go far to debunk the conspiracy theorists. I think people tend to create their own, "usually dire" reality in the absence of obvious transparency. My theory is that BFL seems like a black box to most; anything you could do to shed light into that box would help

Some suggestions:

There is no standard "about us" page on your site
Your media tab redirects people to a Google search for your company name
There is no photos of your office, building or people
Your News tab has only one item from Nov of 2011

your drivers page lists:
Drivers:
Computational research
Medical imaging
Packet integrity verification
Generic fingerprinting engine

But in reality they are redirects to the same download page the only active downloads are the Bitcoin gear if these are placeholders then they should be removed as they seem like fluff put in to give the appearance of diversification

I hope you fill your  - Communications Director - North America position - I think you would greatly profit from a cohesive branding and marketing plan that humanizes your product and helps instill consumer confidence in your brand

I think a lot can be done from a marketing perspective and your website that would not endanger any intellectual property
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 12:28:55 AM

There's been plenty of people to visit the BFL offices, so it's not like it's the freaking Bat Cave or something... although I wish it were.  It would be awesome to work in the Bat Cave.  I hear Batman can be kind of a dick though.

supermandead

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 12:38:03 AM

Hi Inaba, quick question if a customer pre order a unit and the unit is complete and ready to ship out can the customer just come to the office and pick up the unit instead of waiting 4-6 week.   

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 12:40:31 AM

Besides a couple of dates, everything else is basically fabricated or has a tiny grain of truth around the giant nugget of shit and I'm not about to get my hands dirty pulling all that shit apart.   Come back with some facts or grab hold of the new fad called reality and maybe we can talk.

Perhaps some marketing type shots of the BFL production and office operations would go far to debunk the conspiracy theorists. I think people tend to create their own, "usually dire" reality in the absence of obvious transparency. My theory is that BFL seems like a black box to most; anything you could do to shed light into that box would help

Some suggestions:

I hope you fill your  - Communications Director - North America position - I think you would greatly profit from a cohesive branding and marketing plan that humanizes your product and helps instill consumer confidence in your brand

I think a lot can be done from a marketing perspective and your website that would not endanger any intellectual property

http://www.butterflylabs.com/mini-rig-production-line/
http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IMG_3122.jpg

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 12:46:58 AM

Some suggestions:

I hope you fill your  - Communications Director - North America position - I think you would greatly profit from a cohesive branding and marketing plan that humanizes your product and helps instill consumer confidence in your brand

http://www.butterflylabs.com/mini-rig-production-line/
http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IMG_3122.jpg

those are good but they need to more prominent.  My point is there is a great opportunity to easily rework portions of the site to facilitate better brand and marketing information: for example I just added to my post above

The drivers page lists:
Drivers:
Computational research
Medical imaging
Packet integrity verification
Generic fingerprinting engine

But in reality they are redirects to the same download page. The only active downloads are the Bitcoin gear if these others are placeholders then they should be removed as they seem like fluff put in to give the appearance of diversification.

There are many little things of that sort, which could be easily misinterpreted or raise questions of consumer confidence. For example the pictures you linked are from a production update on the front page that is different from the production update under the news tab. The one in the news tab is from Nov 2011 where the rather modest link on the front page is more recent shouldn't that link be under news also. A minor point but it is a myriad of minor points that I feel are contributing to the questions.

I am betting on BFL and I think they will deliver but there are things that could be done (easy things) that would help bolster community confidence.
gr0bi42

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 07:01:15 AM

ok time to get inaba's eyes rolling and hopefully the answers requested. lets hope this provokes him into answering.

BFL started advertising in autumn 2011, their website featured finalised product images back at those dates.

Their domain name was created in august 2009 and they published their initial design for the current layout in July 2011
as noted by many things but simply found by looking at the date in the URL of their images:
http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Mini-Rig-Face.png
July 2011 (2011/07) as just one example.

So having a finalised product over a year ago they have not yet met demand needs and move the goal posts. Strangely the only person to have successfully entered the building of BFL is the only person who's pool the new concepts are using, and who now works for them.

The only publicly released old concept models are FPGA based boards created by another company. BFL do not design microchips, circuitry, Etc. They import existing technologies and package them in shiny boxes.

Their admission that their registered company details are that of a Missouri company of similar name have been investigated and resulted in the information that shows ButterFlyLabs is not BF Labs of Missouri.

BF Labs of Missouri have government contracts to make freezing and sterilising components for the biotech/medical industry. the B stands for Biotech.

ButterFlyLabs initially developed the Monica 'BFL' to relate to the company 'BFG' who like company's such as PNY and Sapphire, etc.. Use boards/technologies created by other companies (ATI for instance).

their legality over payments by calling them 'pre-orders' as oppose to product purchases means they do not have to follow the same laws concerning refunds, as the laws that protect consumers from product purchases.

moving the goal posts with excuses such as: (not verbatim)

*we find it in the best interest of customers not to drip feed customers, allowing people to get ahead of the game but to hold stocks long enough to gather enough products to do a mass shipment so customers are on a level playing field.

plus many more hilarious excuses

They have failed to provide any trademark identifying information that substantiates their existence as a real world company.

their registered address being apartment lofts (1 bedroom, one bathroom) which was found via reverse search of telephone number. and via INABA saying he worked in a bank opposite (nice coincidence).

The BFL trademark is owned by a sheltered/emergency housing company. no patents exist.

I hope this all goes towards your decision to invest in BFL.

please use Dox information below
http://pastebin.com/kscYYjfg

i write this only to inform users who do not yet know of BFL and to also get inaba to reply, without insults. but with credible answers.

Pause for insult replies without credible answer's

+1

Donations are welcome: 1Btf3BqUegfe5iFdWsgfBf1Ew3YsAvsrLT
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 11:23:12 AM

I think you should bet against that guy who put 50 BTC up for believing in BFL's ability to deliver:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109357.0
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=665
If you are right that BFL is a scam, you will make money Smiley

Uh, no, because the bet as written lets BFL under-deliver by a factor of four and be six months late and still win the bet.  WTF?

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 01:00:32 PM

I agree that BFL could do more but one should consider that they are a SMALL business.  I have seen firms with 30+ people who are working like crazy do less then BFL.  At the end of the day here are the really important things we all need, do they have the product they advertised and can they deliver.  That's it and I am sure that in March when a large number of orders are long gone and a steady pace is set they will put more effort into their website and other matters.  From what I can see these guys have allot of ideas and not enough support to get it done as fast as we would like.  I know if I got a ton of orders like they did or as we as many as we tracking here on the forum I would not even have time to chat about how info is not flowing or the site is not updated. 

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:14:03 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2012, 03:32:19 PM by franky1

cheers for the lack of public information concerning the validity that Butterfly labs is a legitimate business, and for the waffle to avoid sounding like your just insulting..

so back to the main question.. public records??
trademarks
incorporation details
state registry details

you know the public stuff.. I am not asking for the intellectual property stuff that should remain a secret..
you can keep the KFC colonels secret recipe a secret.. Cheesy
just where's the public record stuff..

you know the stuff that should be in your employment contract so you can show the IRS when you pay taxes on the income BFL give you.

its not that hard to muster up...

best bet is to just own up that BFL in simple terms is a 'living room' industry. you do not design the microchips, you use ready made technology(FPGA) designed by third parties and slap your brand name on it.
but i dont require the intricate details of your manufacturing secrets.

so lets just stick with the public record stuff

trademarks
incorporation details
state registry details - tax - permits etc etc etc

<wait for more waffle with no public information provided>

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 03:15:57 PM

at least they have now an Facebook site...  Wink

https://www.facebook.com/ButterflyLabs

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:21:08 PM

Hi Inaba, quick question if a customer pre order a unit and the unit is complete and ready to ship out can the customer just come to the office and pick up the unit instead of waiting 4-6 week.   
No. It's written in their FAQ that their offices/factory is not set up to allow order pick up.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████