Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:54:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture?  (Read 26165 times)
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:29:19 PM

If it will make everyone feel better I took a picture of a Jalapeño I found at goodwill last night

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Merrick

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:32:48 PM

I just kinda wish I had the coin to buy his pre-orders off him, since he's looking to get rid of them... Smiley
psilan (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:34:15 PM

That didn't make me feel better. Now I just feel like teaching you how to resize pictures, but i won't.

I'm sorry Bfl, but how are international refunds processed? Wires?
Being in nz I had no luck attempting to sell my low order number.

dip
davidspitzer

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:49:14 PM

Regardless of your ad hominem attack on me, the legal burden for fraud was correctly stated and yet unmet by BFL. Angry attacks serve no purpose other then as a cathartic release for your anger. Only time will tell what is true and what is hyperbole here. My hope and believe is that they will deliver. I could be wrong, as there is no sure way know until events fully unfurl.
psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:50:57 PM

Uh oh, dictionary fight!

dip
davidspitzer

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:54:24 PM

Uh oh, dictionary fight!

I could spend hours dissecting the last posters logic and legal failures, but there is no profit in it. I always consider myself a winner of any argument that results in a personal attack against me rather then a thoughtful reply based on evidence and reason
psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:57:46 PM

He used his highly qualified wife too. Pretty unfair. Sad

dip
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:58:40 PM

I am not a lawyer yet, but I am awaiting the results of the CA bar after completing four long years of law school just recently.

Conveniently, I married a person who is now a federal attorney, and I have discussed the fraud issue with her.  And just to be snide, she finished her JD while also getting her MA in three years.  At a top school. Smiley

Whoa.....did this just turn into a dick measuring contest???

Alright boys, belly on up......

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
davidspitzer

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:59:35 PM

That didn't make me feel better. Now I just feel like teaching you how to resize pictures, but i won't.

I'm sorry Bfl, but how are international refunds processed? Wires?
Being in nz I had no luck attempting to sell my low order number.

Yea sorry I did that all from iPhone. So I was computationally challenged
darkice

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:00:53 PM

Ok , this has gone too far , I was watching from the side but I cannot take it anymore, so I will state some simple facts I gained while working with BFL as a customer.

I've talked with them and told them about my interest in buying their products.
I wired them the money.
They told me the delivery time.
I waited
They announced the upgrade so I cancelled my import planning to Turkey, and asked them to deliver units to a datacenter in US
Paid for the upgrade
They delivered the units
Had a problem with one of my units they solved it on time and without a headache
Their units are hashing perfectly and exactly as I'm told before buying them.

So far all my business dealings with BFL is very good and I don't believe it will change in the future.

I have a 180k investment with them as units and I feel perfectly calm, happy

I met Inaba(BFL_Josh) before he is affiliated with BFL , he might be a bit direct to idiots but he is a good guy and he is right.

I visited BFL offices, I've met with the guys, they were working their asses off to deliver one more unit one day early, I saw them jumping in the car and speeding to the post office just to deliver 1-2 more units that day. As far as I could see they were doing everything humanly possible to deliver their products as early as they can. They are working till early hours of the morning and on sundays.

So as a customer I trust them, I am sure sure that any late delivery on their part of any unit/product is not intentional , if you are making a new product in a totally new market, delays happen,  I am producing electronics for years I know that engineers fell ill, molds brake, crucial parts sometimes cannot be found and shipped to the manufactury, every possible shit that can happen happens.

So to simplify things I will be direct Smiley

- This post itself is stupid there wasnt any announcement from BFL about a jalapeno picture
- Every GPU miner hates BFL because their GPU's will become crap in a few months
- Everybody who is late to believe them or buy their products hate them and smear campaign never ends , reason is simple, jealosy Smiley
- Inaba is trying to help you guys and become a bridge between you and BFL
- BFL delivered my my units and they are working as promised
- BFL will deliver ASICS and they will also function as promised
- I will mine bitcoins, you will still be talking trash
- I am sure even if I shove an BFL SC up their rectum, some idiots still wont believe BFL asics are real.

congratulations reeses btw for my first use of the ignore button.

davidspitzer

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:06:40 PM

I am not a lawyer yet, but I am awaiting the results of the CA bar after completing four long years of law school just recently.

Conveniently, I married a person who is now a federal attorney, and I have discussed the fraud issue with her.  And just to be snide, she finished her JD while also getting her MA in three years.  At a top school. Smiley

Whoa.....did this just turn into a dick measuring contest???

Alright boys, belly on up......

It was not my intention to sound as if I was bragging. I wanted to be clear that I am not licensed to give legal advice while at the same time giving a basis for my opinion
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 07:17:47 PM

So are you going to post pictures of the products soon or do we have to wait until people receive them and post amateur photos here?

wow, is that the Single??  Shocked

CubedRoot

Activity: 291

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:27:12 PM

So, I have been trying to find the SEC Filing in EDGAR for BFL.  I cannot find any reportings.  I did find this;

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?eFNum=149144214231010201167112190255028042109060235081

Which shows they have filed a 2012 Annual Report.

You can search EDGAR here: http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/webusers.htm      But, I am not sure how large a company must be in order to file with the SEC, but I thought all Corps had to file.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 07:27:44 PM

so from my point of view it was bad (really nothing) communication from BFL that their business modell is not "pre-orders" like but "funding" like. this was not clear communicated and that will lead in disharmony with their customers investors...

davidspitzer

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:28:04 PM

Uh oh, dictionary fight!

I could spend hours dissecting the last posters logic and legal failures, but there is no profit in it. I always consider myself a winner of any argument that results in a personal attack against me rather then a thoughtful reply based on evidence and reason

Part of asserting yourself as an authority in a legal discussion is establishing your bona fides.  When a person attempts to engage in intercourse from a position of authority, it is customary for his counterpart to challenge those bona fides.  Your poor grammar and composition skills lead me to believe that either you are being dishonest about having completed law school (while you admit to completing it in 133% of the time of almost every attorney I know), that you went to a mediocre law school, possibly even unaccredited, or that you were a poor student of law.

You made the discussion about you when you started by arrogating to yourself the position of legal scholar and expert.  As in court, an attorney is held to a higher standard than a layperson, and is expected to correctly interpret case law as well as legislation.

You must also understand that "reasonable" is a very, very important term in US law.  What would a "reasonable" person believe in a given situation?

I make no assumptions about you and your knowledge and abilities as I have no knowledge of you. Your repeated attacks and insinuations against me are discourteous and immature

If it will help though it took four years because I worked full time while I went to school. I am the sole support for my family so it was the only option open for me in order to realize my dream of completing law school
CubedRoot

Activity: 291

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:32:52 PM

After almost a year, they still have not completed their DBA filings in Missouri:
https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/soskb/SearchResults.asp?FormName=CorpNameSearch&Words=Starting&SearchStr=Butterfly+Labs&SearchType=Search

I got that information from this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53530.msg650205#msg650205

I would REALLY like to find out the status of BFL as a legitimate business.  DBA filings should not take over a year (should they?).
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:33:54 PM

Uh oh, dictionary fight!
Part of asserting yourself as an authority in a legal discussion is establishing your bona fides.  When a person attempts to engage in intercourse from a position of authority, it is customary for his counterpart to challenge those bona fides.  Your poor grammar and composition skills lead me to believe that either you are being dishonest about having completed law school (while you admit to completing it in 133% of the time of almost every attorney I know), that you went to a mediocre law school, possibly even unaccredited, or that you were a poor student of law.

You made the discussion about you when you started by arrogating to yourself the position of legal scholar and expert.  As in court, an attorney is held to a higher standard than a layperson, and is expected to correctly interpret case law as well as legislation.

You must also understand that "reasonable" is a very, very important term in US law.  What would a "reasonable" person believe in a given situation?
I make no assumptions about you and your knowledge and abilities as I have no knowledge of you. Your repeated attacks and insinuations against me are discourteous and immature

If it will help though it took four years because I worked full time while I went to school. I am the sole support for my family so it was the only option open for me in order to realize my dream of completing law school
SHIT JUST GOT REAL!! You gonna take that?! I can't wait to see what he 1-ups you with. Tongue

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:47:56 PM

You should not step into the river if you do not want to get wet.  Some of us come from families of litigators and marry litigators, and can reduce non-litigators to tiny, crying, shells of themselves.  I fight to end the fight fast.

Congratulations on finishing law school.  I do wish you the best on your exam results.  Give my sympathies to your family as I know my wife was...tightly wound waiting for her results.  Wink

Peace out.

He just threatened you David! You gonna take that?!

OMG this is better than any TV.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
davidspitzer

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:56:10 PM

You should not step into the river if you do not want to get wet.  Some of us come from families of litigators and marry litigators, and can reduce non-litigators to tiny, crying, shells of themselves.  I fight to end the fight fast.

Congratulations on finishing law school.  I do wish you the best on your exam results.  Give my sympathies to your family as I know my wife was...tightly wound waiting for her results.  Wink

Peace out.

He just threatened you David! You gonna take that?!

OMG this is better than any TV.

LOL Wink
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:01:52 PM

What's fraud?  That we shipped orders for FPGAs late or that we have taken preorders for the ASICs?  In either case, I don't see where there is any fraud or what the FTC has to do with it, please explain.

I'm thinking you might not know what a Ponzi is, so I would kindly suggest that you read up on what a Ponzi is.  I'm not sure it's even possible to have a Ponzi scheme when products are delivered... it may be possible, but it seems unlikely.  In either case, even if it were possible to have a Ponzi of Products, can you describe how BFL would fit into such a convoluted picture?
Quite right. It's got to be a pre-order scam if anything. If I recall correctly, there's an old scammer trick where they deliver a bunch of relatively low-valued orders in order to prove honesty, then take in a much larger amount of money on the back of their established reputation and run off with the proceeds. If you remember Pirate, his MO for building trust was fairly similar.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: