Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:50:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368848 times)
newbitcoins

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:48:31 PM

Holding bitcoin a long time is a good way to make money if the bitcoin price rises in long term. So far it worked out if you hold bitcoin for more than any three year period. If the bitcoin is widely used, the value will rise as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:51:56 PM

If you still understood that fact then it's time now.
You can see how much has bitcoin price increased and it worth holding.
Another part is if the price start crashing then that's not a good investment.
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 10:17:24 PM

There are better investments you can make over the long term that will net you a better ROI in the long haul. For instance the S&P 500 has had on average a 10%+ return on investment each year.

http://www.1stock1.com/1stock1_141.htm

Plus investing in a portfolio like the S&P 500 gives you good diversity.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:44:02 AM

It surely is worth to hold your coins. Look at when people were complaining about the price that was not moving when it was around $240. People had plenty of time to buy coins. Those who haven't done so, and still haven't bought below $300 are probably angry right now.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:49:18 AM

hold long enough bitcoin is a pretty good way to make money. I myself do it long enough around 2-4 months. but yesterday yesterday the price has touched $350 and I was immediately sold.

'it's a pretty good way'' Well i would not say it's a pretty good way, it's just like any other investment strategy, it's good if the price goes up and it's bad if the price goes down but knowing how volatile bitcoin is, you know you are going to have a lot of price swings and although some people say you can predict the price in the long term, thats a lie.

yes this as a long term investment. but this is really a good way, because I think bitcoin will continue to rise although bitcoin will go down and then will go up, up and up Smiley
zPanda

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:37:45 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is very volatile right now, but there seems to be a huge movement in support for it right now. I do not recommend selling it right now, nor buying. Holding it is the best option, but I would say that it would reach up to $700.
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:21:35 AM

If you can afford to hold for long time then yes. I would not recommend to invest all, but try to split your investment.
Price of Bitcoin is going up and it will raise a lot of attention.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:36:33 AM

There are better investments you can make over the long term that will net you a better ROI in the long haul. For instance the S&P 500 has had on average a 10%+ return on investment each year.

http://www.1stock1.com/1stock1_141.htm

Plus investing in a portfolio like the S&P 500 gives you good diversity.

bitcoin is proving itself right now, that it can have a +50% return in a week, far better than any investment

if anyone believe that bitcoin is done, he is utterly wrong, we are only at the beginning, 1200 ath will look like a small success in the future
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:22:12 AM

hold long enough bitcoin is a pretty good way to make money. I myself do it long enough around 2-4 months. but yesterday yesterday the price has touched $350 and I was immediately sold.

'it's a pretty good way'' Well i would not say it's a pretty good way, it's just like any other investment strategy, it's good if the price goes up and it's bad if the price goes down but knowing how volatile bitcoin is, you know you are going to have a lot of price swings and although some people say you can predict the price in the long term, thats a lie.

yes this as a long term investment. but this is really a good way, because I think bitcoin will continue to rise although bitcoin will go down and then will go up, up and up Smiley

I couldn't understand anything of what you said and it's obvious you didn't understand what i said either. There is no way to know if bitcoin is going to be alive in the next year, only sometimes when a big event happens. Imagine paypal says they will be using bitcoins aswell, that will obviously boost bitcoin in the short term and the long term so of course buying then it's a good idea. Right now you can't really anticipate anything, no one knows for sure if the price will go up or down so it's really not a good way of investing as of right now.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:38:50 AM

Everyone could be millionaire in near future. Just buy BTC now. When mass adoption begins price will be 5000$ or more.
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 11:02:00 AM

I couldn't understand anything of what you said and it's obvious you didn't understand what i said either. There is no way to know if bitcoin is going to be alive in the next year, only sometimes when a big event happens. Imagine paypal says they will be using bitcoins aswell, that will obviously boost bitcoin in the short term and the long term so of course buying then it's a good idea. Right now you can't really anticipate anything, no one knows for sure if the price will go up or down so it's really not a good way of investing as of right now.

Looking at this thread, it seems that there are a lot of people here who are early adopters and feel very enthusisatic about bitcoin.
There are some other, who look at bitcoin more cautiously and advise some moderation with making forecasts.
I think it is typical as we move ahead of the technology adpoption curve and is actually a very good sign.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
GannickusX

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:13:17 PM

Bitcoin is one of the cryptocurrency that has had talks from time to time all over the world. At first, people were skeptical dealing with bitcoins since they were not firs sure whether it was one of the accepted currency or not and even it was not that popular. However, with time, the currency has gained popularity than it was even expected. Most of countries have accepted it a another form of currency.

The drop in price is just the fact that everyone has seen the business growing rapidly. However, since most countries are accepting Bitcoins as currency, its value will rise and it will be economically profitable if you have a number. Also take this opportunity to buy them at a cost which is cheaper than it will after 5 years. It is worth holding the bitcoin indeed.

How can you be so sure that bitcoin will cost more in the future? What if a new technology appears and overrules bitcoin and all the altcoins? You never know, 5 years is a lot of time, i don't see any benefits of just holding bitcoins for that long.
newbitcoins

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:00:55 PM

Bitcoin is one of the cryptocurrency that has had talks from time to time all over the world. At first, people were skeptical dealing with bitcoins since they were not firs sure whether it was one of the accepted currency or not and even it was not that popular. However, with time, the currency has gained popularity than it was even expected. Most of countries have accepted it a another form of currency.

The drop in price is just the fact that everyone has seen the business growing rapidly. However, since most countries are accepting Bitcoins as currency, its value will rise and it will be economically profitable if you have a number. Also take this opportunity to buy them at a cost which is cheaper than it will after 5 years. It is worth holding the bitcoin indeed.

How can you be so sure that bitcoin will cost more in the future? What if a new technology appears and overrules bitcoin and all the altcoins? You never know, 5 years is a lot of time, i don't see any benefits of just holding bitcoins for that long.

Bitcoin is revolutionary. It will also evolve in the future. It will improve itself and absolve the good points of new technologies.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:14:03 PM

Yes, why not. You can expect to make good money, if you buy at low price, then check BTC market regularly and then sale at high  Wink
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:05:04 PM

It surely is worth to hold your coins. Look at when people were complaining about the price that was not moving when it was around $240. People had plenty of time to buy coins. Those who haven't done so, and still haven't bought below $300 are probably angry right now.

Look at the price today and you will be surprised.
So i was today and was thinking wtf? the chinese people are smart.
I think that they will not stop pumping the price for a long time.
GannickusX

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:17:58 PM

Bitcoin is revolutionary. It will also evolve in the future. It will improve itself and absolve the good points of new technologies.

Then again you dont know that, what do you mean by ''evolving'' I dont see how bitcoins could use new technologies if those are totally different of how bitcoin works, as i said in 5 years a lot can happen, you seem overconfident without any real solid argument.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:31:18 AM

bitcoin is proving itself right now, that it can have a +50% return in a week, far better than any investment

if anyone believe that bitcoin is done, he is utterly wrong, we are only at the beginning, 1200 ath will look like a small success in the future
Current bitcoin price is probably the end of present bubble. If you buy bitcoin right now you will probably lose as there are some signs of price reverse.
For example: Bitcoin is now banned in Taiwan. Markets will react fast.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:49:37 AM

And those gains are well deserved by the people who waited countless months for them. I'm shit at trading so would never attempt it and I'm hopeless at timing the market so I'll sit and be content as things progress but the concept of holding has definitely taken a battering over the last couple of years. Time will tell whether it can reinstated as a dependable strategy.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:54:45 AM

to those who held their Bitcoins long enough to wait for this moment, this is their day to reap rewards, how I wish I have a lot of coins stacked somewhere so I'll join the celebration just like others who earned huge profits for holding BTC's.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:13:46 AM

This is the moment where holding bitcoin effort makes you PROFIT  Grin
Just like holding gold, bitcoin become a great investment nowdays and this will make bitcoin become popular

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: