Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:21:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368851 times)
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:29:40 PM

My personal belief is the safest way to make money with bitcoin is to hold it long term. Anything besides that is going to come down to 90% luck.

I don't think if you can lend your coins with proper collateral then mostly like or 100% sure you can make profits because if some one don't payback also you can still sell the collateral to recover back your money with interest. But don't ever lend coins based on any kind of trust to make sure 100% safe returns.

If you are giving loans only with collateral almost no one is going to request loans from you because there are other people giving out loans without collateral. You will also profit just a little bit because most people take really small loans and the interest, even if it's high, the profit will still be low. And when they default, sure you can sell the collateral but often times selling a btc account it's pretty painful
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:10:11 PM

You can't hold for very long and expect to make money from it unless their is a major increase in the price for a solid week without it going down at all. It almost did happen at the start of the month but it was not sustainable for very long due to it rising to fast. Slow and steady growth is the only way it can stay at a plateau that people will like and sell at that time thus making you money, putting you into profit.
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:24:23 PM

My personal belief is the safest way to make money with bitcoin is to hold it long term. Anything besides that is going to come down to 90% luck.

I don't think if you can lend your coins with proper collateral then mostly like or 100% sure you can make profits because if some one don't payback also you can still sell the collateral to recover back your money with interest. But don't ever lend coins based on any kind of trust to make sure 100% safe returns.

If you are giving loans only with collateral almost no one is going to request loans from you because there are other people giving out loans without collateral. You will also profit just a little bit because most people take really small loans and the interest, even if it's high, the profit will still be low. And when they default, sure you can sell the collateral but often times selling a btc account it's pretty painful

Well then there is also the fact that just 1 bad loan can ruin everything. Say you make 20 1 BTC loans and your repayment fee is .05 BTC. If one of them just takes the money and runs your already in the hole.

any type of lending system that would be truly safe would need a type of setup that would go way beyond what someone just saving up for the future would have

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:51:02 PM

Any investment to which field they belong to is a matter of faith. Do you believe in this subject and willing to spend money on it. Now this need and build.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:33:54 AM

Well then there is also the fact that just 1 bad loan can ruin everything. Say you make 20 1 BTC loans and your repayment fee is .05 BTC. If one of them just takes the money and runs your already in the hole.

any type of lending system that would be truly safe would need a type of setup that would go way beyond what someone just saving up for the future would have

That's why when you lend your money with easily disposable collateral than this situation will not come because if some one don't pay then you can sell their collateral to recover back your money. Even though with method one can make small profits but it is easy money with less risks when you follow rule like no loan if no collateral.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:36:36 PM

For me it is clear that the new bottom is 320. So yes short and long term it can only rise.

In the case it goes back to 260, I'm still positive the 1 year outlook is very positive.

tom555

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:19:14 AM

holding anything who have abig value,its a good way to make money. always.
so if we hold bitcoin,but it all depending bitcoin price movement,if you hold bitcoin at low price,and sell it when price is up on several year,its really good trade,and trading is good way to make money.
quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:57:28 PM

just imagine when you hold a gold for long time,do you think if gold price you will earn more money?
its like when you hold bitcoin,if the price always up,you will earn money fast,if you trade it

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:54:02 PM

That's why when you lend your money with easily disposable collateral than this situation will not come because if some one don't pay then you can sell their collateral to recover back your money. Even though with method one can make small profits but it is easy money with less risks when you follow rule like no loan if no collateral.

Pretty hard to find good collateral apart from btc accounts, almost no one is going to use altcoins as collateral and let's be honest, the majority of loans here are a joke, scammers and gamblers most of the time or people who want to sell their btc accounts and use them as collateral.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:58:41 PM

We all here (most of us) think that the price will be increased one day and will reach it again 1k, it's of course good to hold for a long time.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:15:31 PM

We all here (most of us) think that the price will be increased one day and will reach it again 1k, it's of course good to hold for a long time.

A lot people believe Bitcoin will go over the magical $1000 level again at some point. And I do think so as well. Potential of Bitcoin is immense, which will give long holders a great reward. If you look at it from this point of view, then there barely is a risk in holding Bitcoin for the long term.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:26:18 PM

A lot people believe Bitcoin will go over the magical $1000 level again at some point. And I do think so as well. Potential of Bitcoin is immense, which will give long holders a great reward. If you look at it from this point of view, then there barely is a risk in holding Bitcoin for the long term.
It's fine if you hold your BTC (or gold, or anything that has a value) to wait for the price to go up high. And what if BTC price will reach 1k? You will have the same amount of bitcoin only the price (denominated in fiat) will be higher. You can realize profit only if you sell your BTC. If you sell them, you sell them because you expect fall in the price in the future when you can buy them back on lower price. If you buy them back, you will have your original amount of bitcoin and a bit of profit in fiat. But:
What happens if you sell your BTC at 1k and it will raise to 1.5k? It will be a lose for you if you have to buy yourself bitcoins on higher price after selling.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:39:39 PM

It is going to depend on a numbers of factors what you should do.  Basically it is almost exactly like the stock market.  While a stock like wal-mart is going to slowly rise over time you would still need more than a few to make your future secure.  The same is true of Bitcoin.  Having one Bitcoin right now is great and will be worth more in the future it is not going to make you retire early.  Even if you bought a single Bitcoin at $1 and then were able to sell at $5000(hell of a price), you still only made $5000.  What most of us did from the beginning was find ways to get Bitcoins for free and held them.  This is where the risk factor comes in(kinda).  You can pick the best of the new coins out there and mine them til you have a couple thousand, them keep them banked and hope for the best.  If you did that with Litecoin, you may be sitting on a couple thousand dollars right now.  Buy low and sell high only really works with quanity or with repetition.  With that repetition comes more risk.  You gamble enough times and you will give it all.  That is why we use the hedge fund scenario.  A fund with a bulk of Bitcoin, a smaller bulk of Doge and Lite and a smattering of newer coins that might go somewhere. 

If you have the Bitcoins to spend, then do something with them.  With work and determination you can do anything.  You can start the next Facebook, Microsoft or the first Bitcoin accepting Wal-mart.  Try what you know will work and work it until it dies.  We currently have 60 sites running with various ventures and about 17 of them make consistent money.  That includes apps, business sites and regular sites.  Write down five good ideas and put them into action one at a time.  Once they are all running, promote them, work them and do the right thing by your clients.  If you do these things, you will find something that works and you can secure your future that way. Bitcoin is a means to an end, not the end of means.
My Creation Room

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 01:36:21 AM

While you may get lucky holding your coins is not a reliable way to make a decent profit as the price of a bitcoin changes constantly. It is like our realives estate market  Cheesy .
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:30:23 AM

While you may get lucky holding your coins is not a reliable way to make a decent profit as the price of a bitcoin changes constantly. It is like our realives estate market  Cheesy .

Holding bitcoin in a long term is a must imho, to anticipating unexpected bitcoin price just place small amount bitcoin in your long term plan, like 1-2 bitcoin.
And the rest if you have over 10bitcoin dont put all in long term plan, spread it to another business related to bitcoin like trading etc. So your coin will growing.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:01:12 AM

If you're looking to make profits out of your bitcoins, I believe that holding is a good way to start.

I would check back every now and then to see if the value has increased and sell at the right time.
WaterSupply

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:47:37 AM

Hello

Holding coins as a long term investment strategy can be a good method of making money.

The Bitcoin price can be quite volatile so i would say hold it for the medium term, say 6 months. You should monitor you investment and when they have reached a certain level you shop sell part of your investment. But do not forget to minimize your risk.

Cheers
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:14:14 PM

Having bitcoins is an investment itself already, whether you're holding or not.

I do believe that holding for a long term investment is great, holding for at least a year.

alrachid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Just another man trying to find his way.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 05:36:46 PM

Personally I bought and I am holding. There is much speculation which way it will go. But I see it being adopted by companies slowly, businesses are fast, consumers are still slow. There is so much doubt to people unfamiliar with bitcoin. It often takes them getting in there and getting there hands dirty and touching some coins before they really even understand that its real money and technology and not just a scam.

Make Money To Buy Crypto By Doing Online Surveys! http://bit.ly/2pDUMPJ
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:05:30 PM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

6 months later we are trying to buy bitcoins in the $300-$400 range. So yeah, I would say its a pretty good investment Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: