Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:49:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368852 times)
bakingbad

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:17:08 PM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

it is slow, but if you talk about saving them now then it is good thing because i am sure that you will get lots of profit from halving, which will happen in July so few months left only

and if you can predict that in future price will fall, then you shouldn't  keep them, better invest them somewhere
NordicRanger

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:27:41 PM

Is Holding Bitcoin a long time
good way to make money?
No one can predict the future precisely.It is entirely one's own calculations and understanding of market that should count.If you are holding just because majority says so,then I dont think it would be a wise decision on your part.Hold it if you believe and do not invest too much
It not always good to make money, if you want to save money it is good to hold it for a long time so you cant lose money and that is quite good and also very safe.
But it will be better if the value is not that high that you can trade or something to earn some money.
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:03:11 PM

It's not a way to make money. It's just a risk you take betting on the price of btc. It's absolutely nothing more than a gamble!

Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:31:02 PM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

well to be honest i think that holding them for long time is best way,it is really better than investing in risky site, because here you are sure that price will rise in future

you can predict price that it will rise because halving will happen in july and i am sure that it will make price larger than it is now

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
getrichquack

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

Need money

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:16:43 AM

Hi.

Perhaps reflection on past performance is useful here.

I bought bit coin when it was under 1 dollar. I bought 100 coins and mined 7 myself. A pretty modest holding compared to some admittedly , but none the less , had i held onto them i would have been sitting on over 100 thousand dollars at one point and around 50k now.

There were plenty of "naysayers" around then too.

No one predicted that Bitcoin would ever go past 100USD /coin let alone 1000...but it did.

Unfortunately, I lost my coins through a combination of theft via Mt Gox( 2013) , and really really bad /unlucky/dumb trading.

I WISH I'd just tucked them into a wallet and sat pretty !

I found Trading bitcoin  hard and unforgiving. Its pretty volatile and particularly unpredictable. I think its even a challenge for some of the most seasoned FOREX guys.

Personally, I believe that the next difficulty increase will start a new run .I  suspect some of the large players will be able to approximate when the event will occur and manipulate the market value so that the price falls prior. I anticipate the value will  leap to a higher price initially after the event and then settle into a steady increase over the next few years.

I base these contentions on what I've observed over the last 4 years, but at the end of the day its only my opinion and no doubt will attract some  debate Smiley

All that said, and not withstanding another "engineered" disaster like Mt Gox, I believe that Bitcoin will prove to be a very lucrative  long term investment 

plost24

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:48:21 AM

holding bitcoin a long time can make you good money but based on how much you hold example if you hold 1 bitcoin and the price will raise to 1000$ you will get only 600$  profit but if you hold 10btc you will have 6000$ profit so the more btc you have the more the profit you have.
and the good money you will get.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:13:33 AM

are you kidding me?holding bitcoin is good way to make money??
i dont think so,if you want make money,you should have bitcoin and sell it on highest price for money Grin
i wish people use their bitcoin,for increase bitcoin popularity.
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:16:29 AM

holding bitcoin a long time can make you good money but based on how much you hold example if you hold 1 bitcoin and the price will raise to 1000$ you will get only 600$  profit but if you hold 10btc you will have 6000$ profit so the more btc you have the more the profit you have.
and the good money you will get.
Holding Bitcoin is good to save your money, and if you are holding you cant make money with it, you have only to sell Bitcoin at a right moment and that is good to make money.
And it can takes a really long time to make some money with Bitcoin, because the value can also be going down in value and that will be not good for you.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:43:37 AM

I think its a good thing to hold your bitcoins because the bitcoin has a very good future a head with the halving incoming.
A lot of people are saying the bitcoin will rise a lot because of the bitcoin and I believe in this so investing in it is good for a  long term also because of the fact there maybe comes another halving in 2020 and it will be than even a lot more popular.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:56:58 AM

Long term investing could be good for the bitcoin but right now I can not really say anything about it, I never did it and I think the bitcoin is also too unpredictable to tell you if its good.
I think it is good because of the future it has but I'm not sure about it, although the bitcoin is growing daily in users.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:36:06 AM

Really long term holding is profitable, but now at  present there is not much of fluctuations. So I believe this time holding doesn't give good profit. Only halving is expected to give a jump in price.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
martinacar

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:12:13 PM

Yes I think its pretty nice to hold your bitcoins for a long term and make money because of that and the fact is that a lot of people are already doing this for a long time.
Right now it can be even be better because of the profit you can make will be very good at the end of the bitcoin journey because of the future the bitcoin itself has.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:03:33 PM

Yes I think its good to invest in the bitcoin for a long term although for a short term is also good of course.
I think its just what you want, it can both be profitable, maybe with a long term you will make more profit but I do not know if I can say that honestly.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:19:51 PM

It's not a way to make money. It's just a risk you take betting on the price of btc. It's absolutely nothing more than a gamble!
i'm agree with you laosai,people should know that hold bitcoin not good way to make money,its have big risk if you just hold your bitcoin. just trade it and make profit with good way.
RobFre

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:59:40 PM

I think the spreading of Bitcoin will inevitabily conduce to an higher price. If more people use Bitcoin the price needs to go up to statisfy everyone needs...
West man

Activity: 252

BetcoinRakeback.com

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:11:33 PM

Sure, it can be. Think of holding bitcoin as you would any stock or bond. It will mature over time. But then on the other hand, if the price drops, as with any stock on the stock exchange, you will lose some of your investment. So my advice is to hold until the price increases to an amount you are comfortable with then sell.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BetcoinRakeback.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
████▄█▄████
███████████
████▄█▄████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/tr
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:18:15 PM

Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?

No. Smiley Simply holding your bitcoin funds wouldn't make you earn money. To earn bitcoin buy using the manner of time, learn when to buy and when to sell. You have to sell it at the right time. I suggest that you wait for bitcoin's price to decrease and then buy bitcoin. Check the bitcoin's price daily, if you think it's high enough, then sell it. And then wait again for bitcoin's price to decrease then buy it. Just repeat the steps.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:25:38 PM

Timing is everything, according to many, to make profit from Bitcoin. Speculators need to know when to invest and when to sell the volatile asset to earn profit. Moreover, the performance of the investment instrument should also be constantly monitored to ensure that risks are minimized and profits are maximized when investing in Bitcoin.
vurasasog

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:08:47 PM

So far, the holding strategy works well if you can hold the bitcoins for more than 4 years. The 2013 price of $1200 is an outlier.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:59:46 PM

So far, the holding strategy works well if you can hold the bitcoins for more than 4 years. The 2013 price of $1200 is an outlier.

Holding BTC a long time to make money is not good idea, better try to buy some altcoins at low price and then sell them at higher price, and change back to BTC.
After that hold the bitcoins and do Bitcoin savings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: