Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368850 times)
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:46:08 PM

Of course that will work like 100% if you forget about it and be back 1year after you did that.
The price of crypto currency is not predictable. But we know that Bitcoin will go for long run. It has a great opportunity. So that we can call it predictable. We can hold it for long term for making a good profit from it. Definitely Bitcoin holding is a great way to earn.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zzSunZZ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:55:57 AM

On exchanges you don't know if you're trading against pros or fish. You don't even know how many players there are, or who is privy to information that you aren't.If you've learnt good bankroll management, how not to go on tilt and wait for high probability scenarios then you might have some success, but don't be under any illusions that it's easy. It's a completely different game.Keep in mind if you are successful, 90% of your profit will come from like 5% of your trades.
Do not try for the "consistent", $X per day, or X% per week kind of thing. That's not how you make money trading.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:49:24 AM

As the current market rates fluctuates daily but as on weekends they fluctuates about 15dollars  so you can flip your bitcoins at weekends.
And, no holding your bitcoins for long is not a very good idea, you can trade them for other altcoins and then trade them back to btc after their incereased value, basically buy low and sell high.

Yeah i agree with you, if im on that situation same thing i will do..im not just hold my bitcoin but trade it into other currency, when other currency dump. And then turn it again into btc when the value of btc pumps. (Buy low and sell high), so in this strategy the  bitcoin you are going to hold for a certain time will earn more
2×, 3×......

I think you can only do this when the market is moving a lot. Most of the time, as bitcoin goes up, altcoins are going down (in bitcoin price). With what you are saying, you are basically taking advantage of the indifference of their price and I think that it only happens for a couple of hours, sometimes even a couple of minutes. So you should always be online in order to do it. I don't think that 2x, or 3x is really achievable in this strategy unless the altcoin that you bought suddenly went up which is kinda rare these days, tbh. So many coins are out there and everyone is trading this and that. People don't really support a coin anymore, they simply use altcoins as a tool to make profit and in the end of the day, they are going to convert those profit into bitcoin and hold that long term.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:08:57 AM

It works, but it will require either a good size investment or a good length of time. If you bought 1 BTC six months back(give or take) at $3000, then you made $1000, if you only bought 0.5 BTC, then you only made $500. But, that 0.5 BTC from two years back, brought at $600($300 for the half), is now worth $2000. Either way, it takes time or a good investment or both.

thanhnc46947

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:09:10 AM

Holding Bitcoin a long time you can get big profit but have you self-reliant hold when price of BTC is down. Many people are fear when price of btc is down and they are instant sell BTC or when BTC increased new price. Many expertors identified BTC will reach $10,000 in next 5 years so why we are holding it Smiley
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:26:21 AM

Bitcoin is definitely a good way to increase wealth long term by saving through holding your bitcoins. If you do this then you have a sure fire way to make gains like you've never made before in an investment. Hold for 20-30 years, but you can take off the top every 5.
If we look at those people who bought bitcoins at its early stages when it was really cheap, somewhere around 10 or 12 dollars and then they hold on to it, today they all have a good amount of money in their pockets. This way, we can say that bitcoin is a way of becoming rich by just holding on for a long period. The demand is increasing and after two years, we all will be also rich.
so for holding it you can have a good profit on waiting for it nothing is impossible with bitcoin when you hold it some that hold this btc back when the time started now they have a lot of money for us now for some wanted it to be holding this may now gives us a lot.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:13:07 AM

Actually it is depand on holder who is collecting bitcoin for long time. If he can trade he can earn by it. If he has enough money he can hold it for the long time. The demand of bitcoin is increasing day by day. So if he hold for long time he can get more currency.
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:53:30 AM

Actually it is depand on holder who is collecting bitcoin for long time. If he can trade he can earn by it. If he has enough money he can hold it for the long time. The demand of bitcoin is increasing day by day. So if he hold for long time he can get more currency.
Holder still has many type, as per my knowledge, two common types are passive holder and active holder. The passive holder are holder do not spend their time to check the price of Bitcoin, they have a target and sell their Bitcoin at that price, they do not care anything about its value decrease on the road growth. In contrast to passive holder, active holder are people will sell their Bitcoin at ATH price or highest price of a cycle, then they will buy back to buy extra Bitcoin for their balance.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:15:56 PM

Yes I believe that holding bitcoin for a long time will make you earn more profits considering the price of bitcoin is slowly increasing and it has great potential to increase more in the future. But its all depend on the person if he choose to hold it or sell it before the price suddenly goes down. There are other reasons for not holding bitcoin for so long like if the money is really needed then they don't have a choice but to sell it.

I agree to that ideas and most of the majority here also stated that long term really can help us gain better profit in the future and make us more wealthy. Basically all investors really hope for that and always developing self confidence to face challenges that might affect their decisions towards trading. Even if price fluctuates in an unpredictable ways, we should always think that price will pump eventually.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:35:52 PM

Historically holding bitcoin has been very profitably but it is inevitable that profitability will slow. For a decent annual return it is great but to make yourself rich now I do not think holding bitcoin is enough.

Watashi Yamashita

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:48:13 PM

If we are going to figure out the previous current trend of bitcoin, we can see that it's beneficial for its traders and holders due to fluctiations/volitality. This is a path that that events can happen for future. Thus, we can say that it can be a long time to make money but the risk is always there like other investment programs.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:55:09 PM

Majority of the community of this industry are holding bitcoins but still not sure about it. or It could be that few are still holding bitcoin in a long term because of they hold in a long term was altcoins, I think Wink
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:58:44 PM

If we are going to figure out the previous current trend of bitcoin, we can see that it's beneficial for its traders and holders due to fluctiations/volitality. This is a path that that events can happen for future. Thus, we can say that it can be a long time to make money but the risk is always there like other investment programs.

The problem occurs when the future starts acting up and that's when it hits you. That's when you realize that the past records are not really going to happen again and again and that they are actually irrelevant. For example, ETH was thought as a coin that will continue to rise up and then eventually replace bitcoin. Ethereum is a good platform, don't get me wrong. But it has lead a lot of people to buy at a high price 0.08BTC to 0.12BTC per piece and up to now they still haven't made any profit and they are all in negative profit. The past of ETH was that it rose up from a small project that have a solid road map and then went up. It's the past chart but you see it's not just going to repeat and repeat itself. Right now ETH is playing at 0.067BTC to 0.072BTC and that isn't really in accordance with its past chart.

Anyway, things may be turn out great for both ETH and BTC. Who knows? I'm just here saying that you can't really trust the past performance of a certain market. Hype dies eventually.

kamudd

Activity: 466

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:42:06 PM

actually holding bitcoin for a long time is not always a good time, but it will give us a greater chance of profit. because prices will always change up and down depending on market activity.

djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:49:51 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 07:41:57 PM by djselery

Yes holding Bitcoin a long time is indeed a good way to make money. But you need to be patient enough because it is taking time, and sometimes it take years to reach good level of the price.
If we re check the Bitcoin's chart and its price's history during the last years we can see that its increasing highly from below than 1$ to +4200$ actually
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:02:53 PM

Holding is good in a long term, any kind of investment is good in the long term if the root of the project is capable enough. I think holding is good but at the same time from business person's point of view, it's termed as waste of funds. Like you don't put much of use, it just stays in your wallet. You don't put it's potential, it's efficiency to much use when you hold. So what I prefer to do is trade bitcoin with all coins and whenever I get a profit, I convert it to bitcoin. And when the price falls of bitcoin I just reinvest.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:54:37 PM

Yes holding Bitcoin a log time is indeed a good way to make money. But you need to be patient enough because it is taking time, and sometimes it take years to reach good level of the price.
If we re check the Bitcoin's chart and its price's history during the last years we can see that its increasing highly from below than 1$ to +4200$ actually

But for now it is too risky to hold so many bitcoins for long term imo, unless you are really believe that its price will double/triple in the next few years. It is more than x4500 or even x5000 from its launched, those who bought it earlier and still hold it till now are very lucky person. May the high increase comes again in the future, from $4200 to $100k maybe?
RayDali0

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:45:11 AM

Yes.
That is true. I bought and HODL some BTC,
Value is rising and I still keep it
Mr.john

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:03:01 AM

Put some in coldstorage. But for Bitcoin to succeed I also think you should use them, to buy, trade etc.
Holding bitcoin for long term is good but you need to have some eye on board also because its giving good profit on short term basis also as happen few days back some bump and now again prices going on regular rate
Yes, i agree with you to hold bitcoin is a good way to make some money. It is so good that if we try to hold bitcoin we are have money to spend into our needs. In additional, by holding bitcoin it is become useful in us because we are earned some profit on it and in holding bitcoin it is so profitable.  And for now, I'm just trying to hold my bitcoin and if the time i need it i withdraw with it, so holding our bitcoin is so good. And for now, I'm just continue to holding my bitcoin, because i am so familiar on this like of way.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:20:59 AM

As the current market rates fluctuates daily but as on weekends they fluctuates about 15dollars  so you can flip your bitcoins at weekends.
And, no holding your bitcoins for long is not a very good idea, you can trade them for other altcoins and then trade them back to btc after their incereased value, basically buy low and sell high.

Yeah i agree with you, if im on that situation same thing i will do..im not just hold my bitcoin but trade it into other currency, when other currency dump. And then turn it again into btc when the value of btc pumps. (Buy low and sell high), so in this strategy the  bitcoin you are going to hold for a certain time will earn more
2×, 3×......

I think you can only do this when the market is moving a lot. Most of the time, as bitcoin goes up, altcoins are going down (in bitcoin price). With what you are saying, you are basically taking advantage of the indifference of their price and I think that it only happens for a couple of hours, sometimes even a couple of minutes. So you should always be online in order to do it. I don't think that 2x, or 3x is really achievable in this strategy unless the altcoin that you bought suddenly went up which is kinda rare these days, tbh. So many coins are out there and everyone is trading this and that. People don't really support a coin anymore, they simply use altcoins as a tool to make profit and in the end of the day, they are going to convert those profit into bitcoin and hold that long term.
There is no doubt that altcoin market is not strong at all and if compared to bitcoin market, people are really shifting from altcoins to bitcoin. They do buy altcoin but just to use them in trading and earn profit.

With those profits at the end of the day, they buy bitcoin and treat them like long term investments because we all know that holding of bitcoin is the easiest method of becoming rich.
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: