Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:29:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin really save Greece?  (Read 10368 times)
ashfaq

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:17:50 PM

If 1 bitcoin value stood for a 1 billion dollar valuation, then yes.

We can all save greece if we contributed 94 btc which would be 94 billion which is what they need to suppress permanent depression.

Cause then that 94 btc will be cashed in the form of the euro that they need.  Roll Eyes
loll .. guess then Greece needs to wait till 3015

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:37:04 AM

If 1 bitcoin value stood for a 1 billion dollar valuation, then yes.

We can all save greece if we contributed 94 btc which would be 94 billion which is what they need to suppress permanent depression.

Cause then that 94 btc will be cashed in the form of the euro that they need.  Roll Eyes
loll .. guess then Greece needs to wait till 3015

I dont think the greece has no choice at this point.

They might as well hope that some mircale like that guy mentioned and comes sooner then 3015. But if it did, we would be all rich.. and I`d be sipping a crafted beer while typing this.

Its pretty crazy how they rack up so much debt though. What other options do they have though..

jones techbit

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:00:26 AM

Fortunately bitcoin came into handy for them to invest on it due to the uncertainty in Greece economy, If Greeks put their hard effort and sincerity they will definitely come out of this financial problems in a few years.

MasterYii

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:40:47 AM

Fortunately bitcoin came into handy for them to invest on it due to the uncertainty in Greece economy, If Greeks put their hard effort and sincerity they will definitely come out of this financial problems in a few years.

im not sure since its a debatable topic, but some people in greece had very little effect on using it since they had a limit of $60.

and their bank accounts were frozen so they have no access to cash.. those who were fortunate to have money around on them probably were using bitcoin since western union closed down for entire week.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:58:11 PM

No bitcon wont, but Germany surely will,they deserve it, all that is happening to them because didnt control their expences, for example every employee was taking 15th  salary annually, on one work place in administration they had like 3 employees etc.   this was a result of improper monetary working.

That is very true.  Greece wants to keep the Euro.... so BTC does not really help there.

It's going to take a lot of money to help Greece, and I doubt people donate to Greece.  It will take some countries near them to help.  Some with deep deep pockets.

I dont think they`ll raise enough btc to even make any dent to their debt if they did.

Although btc can get a huge publicity though if there was a huge enough donations in the 1 millions on what btc can do that makes people turn into future buyers for us lol.

lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:07:45 PM

They can use their money to buy bitcoin which will save them

if their bank now removed the lock on the 60 euro they can, in the case the same thing will repeat, but they have now the money from the central bank, so i don't think they will care about bitcoin anymore

if they still have their 60 euro limit, they can buy some if they are not in big trouble and don't have family or whatsoever

I personally think the limit isnt really the issue, cause its the same thing as restricting everything pretty much.

Like imagine they have like 1,000 in the account how long would it take everyday to move that money. Its more of no choice options so they deal with it, and the money from the central bank doesnt help the situation of a possible depression.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:09:52 PM

They can use their money to buy bitcoin which will save them

if their bank now removed the lock on the 60 euro they can, in the case the same thing will repeat, but they have now the money from the central bank, so i don't think they will care about bitcoin anymore

if they still have their 60 euro limit, they can buy some if they are not in big trouble and don't have family or whatsoever

I personally think the limit isnt really the issue, cause its the same thing as restricting everything pretty much.

Like imagine they have like 1,000 in the account how long would it take everyday to move that money. Its more of no choice options so they deal with it, and the money from the central bank doesnt help the situation of a possible depression.

The biggest problem is that they don't have that 1,000 in case the governments decides to take the money from everybody or in case they switch to useless Drachmas... They need control and a stable form of cash --> they withdraw as much as possible.
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:52:09 PM

It would be nice imagination. When only 1% from the greece population of 11 million would start to using bitcoin, then bitcoin would be unstoppable. The volume would be explode with over 100.000 more users.

CPNpr

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:04:52 PM

It would be nice imagination. When only 1% from the greece population of 11 million would start to using bitcoin, then bitcoin would be unstoppable. The volume would be explode with over 100.000 more users.

But for this the use must be much easier otherwise they would not accept it.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:09:39 PM

Even if Greece does not decide to go full Bitcoin the fact that it is being considered validates crypto currencies and their potential
I don't think it's being considered by any political party, all i've heard is some news headlines entertaining the idea and some diehad bitcoiners, not much more. Unfortunately we are way too ahead in the game for that.
malzahar

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:13:28 PM

Its amazing how people hype over greece with bitcoin.

But if the greece people arent using it and they dont show they care for it.. its a shame cause they could move their money around.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:01:06 AM

Greece has a population of 11 million. Bitcoin can handle at most 500,000 transactions per day. This means if Greece adopts bitcoin then less than 5% of the Greek population can do a single transaction per day
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:40:19 AM

Greece has a population of 11 million. Bitcoin can handle at most 500,000 transactions per day. This means if Greece adopts bitcoin then less than 5% of the Greek population can do a single transaction per day

well it's like they are going to spend bitcoin simultaneously, so i don't think your estimation is correct, also i'm sure that some "seconds" are less ful than other, if someone want to perform a spending he can choose a time of the day where there are less TX/sec

i think this should be integrate in the core, something that can tell you the TX per second in an exact moment, so we can distribute better the TX volume
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:50:33 AM

i guess this will work, but Greece would lose ability to control the stability of the currency.
simply, because the crypto coins are decentralised and nobody could control it unless 51% attacks.
Greece should adopt some of the alt coins as their national currency, by buying them in bulk.
 and then, boom! that alt coin become higher than bitcoin! however, Greece cannot adopt bitcoin because it would crash numbers of computers with full node wallet, especially if the XT changed bitcoin.

yes, then they should use proof of stake coins, IIRC proof of stake system gives the fastest confirmation.

--non quote--
how could we synchronize 500,000 transaction per minute? anyone?

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Insertion

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:52:54 AM

It is nothing to do with bitcoins and greece financial difficulties. If one do not want to work hard and expect more benefits from government then this situation will come sooner or later.
ashfaq

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 09:18:27 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115143/greece-to-receive-1000-bitcoin-atms-as-trust-in-banks-long-gone 

Is it really happening ? even so that would not even effect the majority .

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:22:00 PM

Oh, you think they have enough money to buy capital reserve worth of bitcoins to keep it as their national currency? If you are not talking about Greece adopting bitcoin, what are you discussing if bitcoin can handle the Greece population? Bitcoin has the potential to handle half the world at the same time right now, and after more serious adoption, there will be better tech for better performance.
Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:35:11 PM

I think yes, Bitcoin can really save Greece.
I mean they are also adapting it.
Recently there was a news of installation of around 1000bitcoin atm, so it's a major step in Bitcoin adaption also.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:54:45 AM

I think yes, Bitcoin can really save Greece.
I mean they are also adapting it.
Recently there was a news of installation of around 1000bitcoin atm, so it's a major step in Bitcoin adaption also.

I don't think Greece could afford to buy that much reserve capital of bitcoins in order to save themselves for anything, though if in a situation where they do, the value of bitcoin might multiply 55 times causing the value to boost super high. I am confused if that might be a good or a bad thing for Greece, but that would massively affect adoption and change bitcoin world forever Tongue
techsuvidha

Activity: 349

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:48:49 PM

The main problem is that they don't have access to their own funds to buy bitcoins! And i don't think that any country would lend them for buying Bitcoins!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: