Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: crypto-games.net, 30% house edge, bugs and vulnerabilities, screw the investors!  (Read 12935 times)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:57:37 PM

Funniest part of all this, is that this place has more business and players now from all this attention than they would have got in a year.

I guess there is no such thing as bad press.

Maybe the bad press is deliberate and it's all a big stunt who knows really lol  Cool

On a side note, people seem to like nitpicking on each other on forums I guess it's just humans are the cruelest of animals. Misery loves company.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 03:59:29 PM

Funniest part of all this, is that this place has more business and players now from all this attention than they would have got in a year.

Maybe the bad press is deliberate and it's all a big stunt who knows really lol  Cool

On a side note, people seem to like nitpicking on each other on forums I guess it's just humans are the cruelest of animals. Company loves misery lol.

I thought this too.  Would be a brilliant scam if true.  Fake an exploit, hire a guy to expose you, rig your games.
subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:02:00 PM

Maybe the bad press is deliberate and it's all a big stunt who knows really lol  Cool

On a side note, people seem to like nitpicking on each other on forums I guess it's just humans are the cruelest of animals. Company loves misery lol.

I thought this too.  Would be a brilliant scam if true.  Fake an exploit, hire a guy to expose you, rig your games.

would definitely make for one hell of a story, but sorry to say, im not affiliated with these guys in any way. Smiley

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:04:48 PM

Maybe, but then how do you explain his public display of stupidity and rudeness?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 04:08:51 PM

-snip-

but they have made more coin in the last few days, than they would have in a year or more of normal operation.

You've done them a favor.

So you proposed that we should keep quiet about this and let it go? This is not how the things work around here though

Im saying your driving traffic and money to them, and thats true.  At this point they have made their money, and can shut down and reopen under a different name.  Id go about this differently.

Not entirely true on the bolded part, he may have a lot more traffic but after this all fuss end then the traffic will be gone as well. For the money part, it is too far to go with they are getting "money" from it. If you read a few pages back, there is someone that actually use this to his advantages and get some BTC from the site as well as Dogedigital lost a few there.

They wont run away or shut down though, their regular players practically dont care about this issue (check on their chatroom) and Joter seems to be enjoying himself with all this fuss. This people are ignorance as well as their dev and pretty much arrogant despite being pointed with all the flaw in their site .

I just used the exploit to take 0.3 BTC

I have communicated with joter before, I thought he was arrogant

You should check on the chatroom and see how he address this issue there, he claimed it was fixed and those raging here about this "small issue" is stupid .

On another note, people seem to love fuss and "bad" news

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 04:28:15 PM

Maybe, but then how do you explain his public display of stupidity and rudeness?

He would play that part, so that people would think that he is too stupid to find/fix the exploit.  Rudeness to help people justify taking advantage of the exploit because he is a jerk.

Im not saying this is what happened, just that it would be dam near the prefect setup for a short term money grab.
mfaspk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:35:40 PM

He would play that part, so that people would think that he is too stupid to find/fix the exploit.  Rudeness to help people justify taking advantage of the exploit because he is a jerk.

Im not saying this is what happened, just that it would be dam near the prefect setup for a short term money grab.

+1 for your expertise in "conspiracy theories"  Lips sealed
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:13:16 PM

I had thought about this too, which is why I was weary when I was going to test his exploit the other day.  I was afraid he wouldn't cash me out, but it ended up going through instantly.  Maybe it was just too early on and he wanted more deposits to come in before running.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:39:28 PM

This whole issue came about because too many different payout multipliers result in the same chance of winning when the chance is rounded to 2 decimal places.

That's an issue that all dice sites have to consider at some point, and of course they all come to the conclusion that you need to let the player pick the chance and tell them what the multiplier is going to be, and not the other way around.

Just-Dice has been running for 2 years and only today did someone ask about this for the first time. They want to turn 0.6 CLAM into 130k CLAM, and to do so they need a multiplier which results in a chance of winning of 0.00045%. We only allow chances to 4 decimal places, and so he has to go with 0.0004% or 0.0005% and was wondering why he couldn't have the chance he wanted.

It's weird that the issue should come up now for the first time, independently of the crypto-games.net issue. Apparently crypto-games.net has been running for a year without anyone thinking about this issue too.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:57:09 AM

Yep, even I played there last night.  And as I was playing I was thinking how I'd never even heard of this site until now.  It seems like you only really have a chance to win at these sites if you are very lucky or if you know enough about math and programming in order to figure out an angle or flaw in the systems.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:00:32 AM

would definitely make for one hell of a story, but sorry to say, im not affiliated with these guys in any way. Smiley

subSTRATA, that's exactly what someone who is affiliated with these guys would say.  LOL... Here go the conspiracy theories to run rampant on this.  Anyone seeing this thread has to admit... they probably never heard of or even cared to consider playing there until now.  Just look at their "leader board" it's barely populated and mainly populated with folks ID'd in this thread.

dun dun duuuuhhhhnnnnnn! 

It's all good man, I don't really think you're nefarious in this... But I could see how folks might be suspicious. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:09:50 AM

subSTRATA, that's exactly what someone who is affiliated with these guys would say.  LOL... Here go the conspiracy theories to run rampant on this.  Anyone seeing this thread has to admit... they probably never heard of or even cared to consider playing there until now.  Just look at their "leader board" it's barely populated and mainly populated with folks ID'd in this thread.

dun dun duuuuhhhhnnnnnn!  

It's all good man, I don't really think you're nefarious in this... But I could see how folks might be suspicious.  

you could write a book with all the crazy conspiracy speculation that's probably going on right now Roll Eyes and unfortunately i cant say i didnt expect to see see some sort of conspiracy theory pop up. at the same time, there really isnt a sure way for me to prove that im not affiliated with them, all i can really do is say im not. it was a fun few days though.

as for now, im waiting for dogedigital's video to get uploaded and for him to give his statement, its taking so long though

grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:17:35 AM

subSTRATA, that's exactly what someone who is affiliated with these guys would say.  LOL... Here go the conspiracy theories to run rampant on this.  Anyone seeing this thread has to admit... they probably never heard of or even cared to consider playing there until now.  Just look at their "leader board" it's barely populated and mainly populated with folks ID'd in this thread.

dun dun duuuuhhhhnnnnnn!  

you could write a book with all the crazy conspiracy speculation that's probably going on right now Roll Eyes and unfortunately i cant say i didnt expect to see see some sort of conspiracy theory pop up. at the same time, there really isnt a sure way for me to prove that im not affiliated with them, all i can really do is say im not. it was a fun few days though.

It really was fun and got me thinking about some different angles.  I'm glad you handled it the way you did because it adds to the character of this community for one thing.  And it's good for others to learn.  Like Dooglus was saying he's had this type of issue in the forefront for a long time.  At least now, players who have read this thread can get some insight into the mechanics of the places where they bet.  It's not like it's some extremely locked down rubber-stamped mathematical formula that any dice site can duplicate.  There's a lot more to it!

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:35:27 AM

dun dun duuuuhhhhnnnnnn!  

It really was fun and got me thinking about some different angles.  I'm glad you handled it the way you did because it adds to the character of this community for one thing.  And it's good for others to learn.  Like Dooglus was saying he's had this type of issue in the forefront for a long time.  At least now, players who have read this thread can get some insight into the mechanics of the places where they bet.  It's not like it's some extremely locked down rubber-stamped mathematical formula that any dice site can duplicate.  There's a lot more to it!

i personally think theres not much more to it than just a terrible, stubborn, arrogant, and extremely stupid programmer; in something like gambling, joter85 decided to disregard the mathematical proof, and implemented a 1-to-many relationship between the win chance and the multiplier, which should always be 1-to-1.

given a good dice script (example: PD) there should never be a way for a player to obtain +EV bets, no matter what. that aside, im actually getting some pm's asking if im the real Hufflepuff from PD, i think i have a pretty good idea of what they want Roll Eyes

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:57:48 AM

dun dun duuuuhhhhnnnnnn!  

It really was fun and got me thinking about some different angles.  I'm glad you handled it the way you did because it adds to the character of this community for one thing.  And it's good for others to learn.  Like Dooglus was saying he's had this type of issue in the forefront for a long time.  At least now, players who have read this thread can get some insight into the mechanics of the places where they bet.  It's not like it's some extremely locked down rubber-stamped mathematical formula that any dice site can duplicate.  There's a lot more to it!

i personally think theres not much more to it than just a terrible, stubborn, arrogant, and extremely stupid programmer; in something like gambling, joter85 decided to disregard the mathematical proof, and implemented a 1-to-many relationship between the win chance and the multiplier, which should always be 1-to-1.

given a good dice script (example: PD) there should never be a way for a player to obtain +EV bets, no matter what. that aside, im actually getting some pm's asking if im the real Hufflepuff from PD, i think i have a pretty good idea of what they want Roll Eyes
Why would the real Hufflepuff be asking for a bug bounty of 1 BTC when he was able to successfully steal over 2k BTC Huh

While it is possible that you are Hufflepuff, I would seriously doubt it as this issue is much less complex then the exploit that Hufflepuff used. Overall, I think that some people are just idiots.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 06:11:21 AM

Or pretend to be such? Who knows the truth is out there somewhere Cool
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 09:57:58 AM

At least now, players who have read this thread can get some insight into the mechanics of the places where they bet.

Most people actually know nothing about this kinda stuff and doesnt actually care about it. Crypto-games has ran for almost a year and only until now  someone found it . Also the fact is that some people are being lenient towards their "favourite site" , take example of crypto-games where most people is still there chatting, playing and even investing their BTC with ease.
Another friggin example would be 999dice because despite how many proof that has been presented that the site is rigged, the number of people playing there is still high

given a good dice script (example: PD) there should never be a way for a player to obtain +EV bets, no matter what.

Heard some info that PrimeDice has actually some issue as well in the past because of the rounding issue

P.S : I could be wrong on this

Overall, I think that some people are just idiots.

It will be either idiots or curious because some people know nothing about this stuff. For them, this is a wonderful thing while in fact if you know this stuff, this is a rounding issue that is happening on specific high multiplier ( most people use x2 so yeah they couldnt notice such thing )

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:05:02 AM

Overall, I think that some people are just idiots.

It will be either idiots or curious because some people know nothing about this stuff. For them, this is a wonderful thing while in fact if you know this stuff, this is a rounding issue that is happening on specific high multiplier ( most people use x2 so yeah they couldnt notice such thing )

most people here dont know the difference between +EV and "magical 100% winrate dump PD's bankroll in 10 seconds method," im more inclined to think idiots.

joter85

Activity: 395
Merit: 255

crypto.games: #1 Gambling Site

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 10:06:28 AM

when all this dies down the site should be relatively dead i think, that or after Dogedigital gives his official statement.

It wont be dead yet as most people doesnt even know what +EV means and practically they dont care about it especially this is happening for specific high mutiplier. Sadly if you look on the chatbox , you could see that there are still some regular playing as usual there without even care about it and they took on Joter's words that everything has been fixed while the fact is that everything is not fixed yet ( he is the first coder who dont know to do a simple math that I have met until now )

These people is pretty much ignorance with their "favourite site", the same thing you could say to those who are still playing ad supporting on 999dice despite that the site has been declared as a rigged and scam site since day 1

but they have made more coin in the last few days, than they would have in a year or more of normal operation.

You've done them a favor.

So you proposed that we should keep quiet about this and let it go? This is not how the things work around here though

I have communicated with joter before, I thought he was arrogant and I thought he doesn't listen to others, I think I am totally correct. He is not only the bad math student, but also an very arrogant guy.

I talked with him in his thread about marketing of his site, but he refused to listen my ideas. I don't wanna find those discussions and show them cos it is wasting time, if everyone blames him, he must have some issues so that others blame him. So he doesn't care about his site and investors, his investors will be screwed by him I am pretty sure.  Grin

Yeah true. I was bad math student. And I can be arrogant too. The reason for this is because everyone knows everything. Isn't that funny? If you would know how much time we spent on site development... I know it's not top site, and we have very limited budget and time. But we still try our best. Design sucks, yeah. But our priorities are security, speed, functionality.

About this +EV issue. It is wider than I thought. Our first step was to protect investors from abusers of this bug. So we changed chances for payouts.
Second step will be some larger changes to our client side interface, so they won't be able to select non profitable Payouts.
This will be done next week. Until then site won't be closed as it was running with this bug for 1 year now and nobody complained about it, and some probably profited a lot. Won't even calculate.

Have fun till then.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.PLAY NOW.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:11:42 AM

But our priorities are security, speed, functionality.

Speed pass.. security and functionality BIG Failure. security- you endangered your investors money and still even warnings you acted like a mule and as for functionality there are things that need to be fixed, it will be considered that your site isn't functioning properly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: