Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246106 times)
kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:06:58 AM

Bitcoin is a digital money hard to stole must know password to stole...if cash whenever my wallet lost all my money gone
Now a days people i think not going to hold many cash in wallet...they put in a card and so transaction in there...more safe and simply...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:31:03 AM

Nice. I bet this has no tax since all you needed was some internet and couple of transactions.

If Government passes they include the tax as well in the Bitcoin transactions. But If you ask me I will say bitcoin better transparency than fiat cash, No need to fear about theif to take outside.

There is no transaction limit like fiat limit banks and many more.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:08:59 AM

Bitcoin is a digital money hard to stole must know password to stole...if cash whenever my wallet lost all my money gone
Now a days people i think not going to hold many cash in wallet...they put in a card and so transaction in there...more safe and simply...

Well, i consider bitcoin less safe for most users. Let's say they have 2000$ in their wallet. Then if the wallet get hacked with a keylogger then he loses everything. The same goes when there are no backups and the computer gets stolen, visitors get access to the wallet, the owner dies and the remains are gone and so on.

All problems that don't arise when you have the money on your bank account.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:12:42 AM

I find the question "Why use bitcoin instead of cash?" still a hard question. When someone asks me "Why do i need that?" then what would you answer? Having control over your own money? It's safe on the bank too. Sending it over internet? I have paypal. Sending to other countries without restrictions? Don't need to.

For most normal people the normal payment systems work just fine. I feel it's still hard to explain the average joe why he should need bitcoin. At the end bitcoin has some risks about losing it. And that level of having to care yourself for your safety is something many people prefer not to have too.

relq

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:21:56 AM

I have bitcoin because of sig campaigns then i turn it into fiat. rinse and repeat cycle

you should never return bitcoin to fiat, only the opposite, unless you disperately need something that cna only be bought with fiat

by dumping you're losing the value on the other coins you're are holding

Why not ? I'm do like him, when i receive my payment from signature campaign i always turn it into fiat too. because i prefer have cash instead of bitcoin.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 10:12:12 AM

I have bitcoin because of sig campaigns then i turn it into fiat. rinse and repeat cycle

you should never return bitcoin to fiat, only the opposite, unless you disperately need something that cna only be bought with fiat

Why not ? I'm do like him, when i receive my payment from signature campaign i always turn it into fiat too. because i prefer have cash instead of bitcoin.

I turn my bitcoins into nubits relatively fast too, at least when the price of bitcoin is not rising at the moment. It is still safer having a fixed value of usd (Nubits are worth 1 usd all the time) than risking to lose your income through bitcoin price dropping. Which happened lately.

I prefer nubits instead of letting fiat lying on exchanges since exchanges are a risk. My own nubit wallet isn't so much a risk.

joinal

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:22:59 AM

yeah we all know it, the question is why bitcoin instead of cash?
I caught something in your statement, perhaps because of the progress of time, everyone is looking for a more secure wallet, by debit card or bank
or maybe bitcoin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:37:56 AM

well you are only contributing to devaluating your coins then, those that you're holding for the future, dumping is bad for bitcoin it instigate a panic sell

why you're dumping for fiat instead of use bitcoin directly to buy stuff online at least?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 02:09:24 PM

why you're dumping for fiat instead of use bitcoin directly to buy stuff online at least?

Though it would mean the same for most shops that accept bitcoins and use payment providers. The coins are dumped instantly so that the merchant can receive fiat.

And unfortunately it is pretty risky holding bitcoins. They are an investment. If you don't need them then ok, but if you hold your life money in it then it is risky since you can't earn one month 1000$ in bitcoin and shortly after your earnings are only 850$ now anymore. You need to secure it.

It's with all investments the same and because of the volatility of bitcoin it matches there too. Don't hold too long on investments, even more when they drop constantly. Nothing good will come from being stubborn or from believing in a wonder.

If you don't need the value the bitcoins present then ok, you would not need to secure it and hope for better prices.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:34:07 PM

Though it would mean the same for most shops that accept bitcoins and use payment providers. The coins are dumped instantly so that the merchant can receive fiat.

And unfortunately it is pretty risky holding bitcoins. They are an investment. If you don't need them then ok, but if you hold your life money in it then it is risky since you can't earn one month 1000$ in bitcoin and shortly after your earnings are only 850$ now anymore. You need to secure it.

It's with all investments the same and because of the volatility of bitcoin it matches there too. Don't hold too long on investments, even more when they drop constantly. Nothing good will come from being stubborn or from believing in a wonder.

If you don't need the value the bitcoins present then ok, you would not need to secure it and hope for better prices.

ah well this is another problem, yeah, merchants should not dump also, and use directly their coins to cover their expenditure for example(utility bills other cost related to run their service)

the final point should be to create a endless cycle where bitcoin is not dumped ever, pretty much like fiat, i understand that this is maybe not possible right now, but people should do everything at their disposal to achieve this as much as possible
adicted

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:02:54 PM

First of all bitcoin is decentralized and its freedom. Bitcoin is also a digital currency which is electronically stored and its perfect for me as a quite techie person. It is also convenient to use that I can even send money with my mobile. Also sending it worldwide quickly and with less fees is just exceptional. Bitcoin is love.
ryceles

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:41:25 PM

because it is very simple to use bitcoin transaction. whereas I often conduct transactions online , compared to offline transactions .
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:26:39 PM

ah well this is another problem, yeah, merchants should not dump also, and use directly their coins to cover their expenditure for example(utility bills other cost related to run their service)

the final point should be to create a endless cycle where bitcoin is not dumped ever, pretty much like fiat, i understand that this is maybe not possible right now, but people should do everything at their disposal to achieve this as much as possible

I did so too at one time and i lost ALOT with that mindset. It simply isn't healthy to watch the bitcoin price going down and down and down while you lose alot of money on the way.

I see where you come from but this is some kind of luxury view on the topic. If someone can afford it then it's no problem but even when you are rich and have 1Million USD in bitcoin, watching how it goes down over months more and more and doing nothing until it is worth a fraction of what it was is not a good decision. So in any case, it is something one can wish for for the future of bitcoin but as a business decision it can be very very bad.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:58:38 PM

I did so too at one time and i lost ALOT with that mindset. It simply isn't healthy to watch the bitcoin price going down and down and down while you lose alot of money on the way.

I see where you come from but this is some kind of luxury view on the topic. If someone can afford it then it's no problem but even when you are rich and have 1Million USD in bitcoin, watching how it goes down over months more and more and doing nothing until it is worth a fraction of what it was is not a good decision. So in any case, it is something one can wish for for the future of bitcoin but as a business decision it can be very very bad.

this because not everyone is doing it, but think about it for a moment, if every bitcoin holder had done it since the beginning, no more dump could ever occur again, and the value can go in only one way, up
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:39:04 PM

because it is very simple to use bitcoin transaction. whereas I often conduct transactions online , compared to offline transactions .

Don't only look into the transaction processes, because banking also have all the online transactions which are more user friendly than bitcoin. It can be considered in other manner that bitcoin is a evolving currency which has the same value as a normal currency has.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:20:28 PM

this because not everyone is doing it, but think about it for a moment, if every bitcoin holder had done it since the beginning, no more dump could ever occur again, and the value can go in only one way, up

It is a theory without good ending for those believing in it. Since there will always be the ones that "take profit". And bitcoin price can't grow without end. Since funding is limited. Which means at some point it will stagnate and finally drop. Traders will sell first, then the sheeps follow. And believers would be named bagholders.

Sorry but it looks like the one who earn at the end are trading their bitcoins. And i think that is because of a lesson they learned. :|

kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:40:05 AM

yeah bcause bitcoin is also a investment, worldwide transaction and also got no tax
but in my place i would choose to hold a cash to buy a things they dont accepted bitcoin..
if one day bitcoin atm available i think i wouldnt use cash anymore...
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:24:08 AM

I prefer cash,in my  country there is only one citi and onne place where i can buy something to eat burger
I will die with if i will use only btc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Premium Account Reseller

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:26:14 AM

I buy almost anything with bitcoin in my country. its cheap and fast.
SuperCoinGuy

Activity: 224

Defender of Bitcoin

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:36:20 AM

I buy almost anything with bitcoin in my country. its cheap and fast.

Where are you located? Do you even buy groceries with bitcoins? Gift cards maybe?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: