Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246114 times)
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:27:22 PM

I think this pretty easy to answer just due to the fact its way more secure at first point, another point is that you cannot lose it at all.
Well its possible to lose it but that its just.. stupid, another reason why its better its not so robbed easily and also digital that is also nice you can always have it at you(cellphone).
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:30:21 AM

Well for the main reason is that bitcoin is fast like if you want to send money to your family you wont have to go to a bank and wait 3-5 days just so they can get the money that you send to them its fast and easy to use.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:37:55 AM

Not that many people like cash. And that is not good to have it, you can easily be robbed and that is not good.
Bitcoin is also more safer and it will be more acceptable also in the future and that is very good, we all hope also that the value will rise.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:05:37 AM

Well the first thing what is nice about bitcoin instead of cash you cannot forget it, because if you have a cellphone you can make payments.
The second reason why its better is because you cannot lose it at all because its just in your safe wallet right ?
The last reason is that you can also easily transfer it to someone else on every moment to pay something for them or something if they are in need of money, only a few moments of waiting time.
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:29:44 PM

Bitcoin does play a big value for all over the world, and i believe so that eventhough that this is another form of money it differs much to cash or other currencies. Bitcoins value is much higher than any currencies or money can ever had. This proves the reason why people want bitcoins instead other forms of cash..

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:28:36 AM

I listen a costumer i had in my shop saying that his credit card has been copy and someone took around 3btc in cash from his account,soo i believe holding cash into banks arent no longer the best place,this is something that banks cant anymore protect your money,with bitcoin you will need a lot work and lucky to guess all the passwords and codes to get acesss the accounts.

With that copied credit card there is no problem. The credit card company will refund him. If your bitcoins vanish no refund will happen at all.

it depend, if you store on somethign that has insurance like coinbase, they refund you

so it's not bout fiat or bitcoin, it's about the service you use, fiat and bitcoin are just money, they do not have auto-refund option...
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:35:47 PM

Bitcoin is much safer and now also very easy to store. You can be robbed with cash and that is not good.
Bitcoin wallets are also very good to use and that is also very important for Bitcoin. And it is also free so that is very good.
But in bitcoin though never be safe, if you store your coin on online wallet it easly can be hacked. Cheesy
And also even in cold wallet can also be exposed to hacker attacks, no system is safe. Cheesy

Anything is possible when it comes to online stuff, but I dont think that its that easy to steal or hack bitcoins, I never had that issue with my wallet as I find it the most safest place to store your wealth.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:06:34 PM

Bitcoin is much safer and now also very easy to store. You can be robbed with cash and that is not good.
Bitcoin wallets are also very good to use and that is also very important for Bitcoin. And it is also free so that is very good.
But in bitcoin though never be safe, if you store your coin on online wallet it easly can be hacked. Cheesy
And also even in cold wallet can also be exposed to hacker attacks, no system is safe. Cheesy

Then why don't you try out paper wallets??? Wink
Bitcoins are by-far the most secure technology I have ever witnessed, and are obviously better than cash if compared in terms of being stolen...

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 09:18:01 PM

With that copied credit card there is no problem. The credit card company will refund him. If your bitcoins vanish no refund will happen at all.

it depend, if you store on somethign that has insurance like coinbase, they refund you

so it's not bout fiat or bitcoin, it's about the service you use, fiat and bitcoin are just money, they do not have auto-refund option...

You mean bitcoins on coinbase are insured? Well, there is still the option of the exchange "get hacked" and I wonder if they have found any insurance company that would back such a risky business. The damage would only have to be big enough.

Guess you see I can't trust any centralized exchange anymore. Tongue

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 01:13:04 PM

Then why don't you try out paper wallets??? Wink
Bitcoins are by-far the most secure technology I have ever witnessed, and are obviously better than cash if compared in terms of being stolen...

Yes bitcoin is very safe as no one can steal your bitcoins very easily but if you ar holding cash in your wallet then it  can easily get stolen or get robbed but not the same goes with bitcoins.
Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:44:44 PM

More advantages of bitcoins over cash are :
- you don’t have to pay taxes on them
-they can't be easily stolen
-no paperwork
-irreversible transactions
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:46:41 PM

-no paperwork

yes that's true and that is the reason we are seeing more users entering into bitcoins as they want to take advantages from it and it is always safe to invest your money into it as in future the price would be much higher.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:05:43 PM

Well one of the reason why I have bitcoins instead of cash is that its easy to transfer to another country.
Another reason is also that its safer and you will most likely not lose them if you secured them good.
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:11:56 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

i agree that it's really fast and easy to pay with, and small fees, and it is pretty safe too, while you can get more money from it if you keep your coints for while, but i can't agree with legal/illegal price, in lots of countries it's not legal sadly, and it will take years to be legal everywhere
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:59:03 AM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

i agree that it's really fast and easy to pay with, and small fees, and it is pretty safe too, while you can get more money from it if you keep your coints for while, but i can't agree with legal/illegal price, in lots of countries it's not legal sadly, and it will take years to be legal everywhere

Even if it is illegal people will continue t use it as no one can have control over it and no one would be aware what amount of bitcoins you hold in your digital wallet and that makes if more attractive then normal currency.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 09:19:11 AM

Even if it is illegal people will continue t use it as no one can have control over it and no one would be aware what amount of bitcoins you hold in your digital wallet and that makes if more attractive then normal currency.

If governments would like to forbid cryptocurrencies then using it might be hard without some proxies like tor. Besides missing acceptance merchants the government could force the ISP's to look out for certain ports and connections that lead to the assumption someone is using bitcoin.

At that point it might be needed to use things that were developed by filesharing software devs. Things like dynamic port change, encrypted traffic and such. I think emule, and especially the mods, had alot of ways to stay hidden.

Well of course it can't help against agents taking part in the network and finding your IP. For that only proxies and such are helping.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:31:34 AM

-no paperwork

yes that's true and that is the reason we are seeing more users entering into bitcoins as they want to take advantages from it and it is always safe to invest your money into it as in future the price would be much higher.
Yes indeed. And it will be the new payment method and that will be very good. I hope that more people will use Bitcoin.
CasioK

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:35:15 PM

-no paperwork

Not only to save taxes but also it's profitable to trade in bitcoins and earn a lot compared to forex or other trading platforms. It is risky if one saves all their cash only in BTC as it depends on the price which can be lower at any point of time but for a trader, any price is good. I myself don't recommend bitcoins to people who want to save their tax as they can incur a loss.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 06:21:21 PM

There are multiple advantages of bitcoin, There are safer than Creditcards and Debitcards and more convenient and easier to use than PayPal etc... ones you get used to it you find it relatively easy, also the lower fees are a big advantage.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:38:52 PM

There are multiple advantages of bitcoin, There are safer than Creditcards and Debitcards and more convenient and easier to use than PayPal etc... ones you get used to it you find it relatively easy, also the lower fees are a big advantage.

Safe no.
Bitcoin don'f offer a buyers guarantee or protection. But what makes bitcoin 'better' is that is mus faster and you pay way less fee with bitcoin.
CC/Paypal and even banks have been overcharging us for decades.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: